+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mornington Crescent

What this board need is a championship in Mornington Crescent

It is of course a given that we follow P. Q. Shilling and Maj. Whittington's 1958 Extended Unabridged Rules of Mornington Crescent and using the 1964 version of Considerations and Decisions on the Rules of Mornington Crescent

Note that since it is the RnR 2007 World Championship of M.C, it will be a brutal game, so be prepared!

My opening move is to start at Croxley

Hmm, given the newest errata on the rules, specifically found in the Gamesters
    Guide to Mornington Crescent pages 547-549, im going to have to counter your move by standing atop big ben

~and idk even kno how i got off da track~ Rivers Cuomo Fan #754's Avatar

drifting directly to downing street

FUCKING OWNED NUBS ;;cool;;

Since you decided to go for a set of rules that are not endorsed by the International Mornington Crescent Society, I assumed you would start with a weak positional play. But securing a strong square in the watford quadrant makes me think you will build up for an aggressive mid-game in the west end. Therefor i must prepare early and go for Ladbroke Grove. See what i did there?
    At the 4chan.org imageboard is a forum called /b/, and a /b/tard is someone who likes it and participates in it. That place is an online cesspool; it's full of perverted humor and pr0n and trolling and bizarre memes and the like. /b/tards like getting lulz, short for LOL's, often at others' expense.

ahh, gunnerj if only you were more familiar with the pq shillings classic downing street gambit you would know that it is easily countered by

moving to Great Smith street which is of course my next move.

I'm moving up to Swiss Cottage. Double points for location referencing another country.
    "No time or patience for townies in my personal life."—rlogan

Right, I am in the Crown's Head Pub

I have ordered 2 Pints of Guiness* and 1 Shepard's Pie

Counter that opening move, bitches.

*To avoid confusion later on, please remember that the 1964 Rules changed this in Section IV, Article 13b. It no longer means that I am divesting my next move to whomever first shows up at Buckingham Palace with a butter knife.

pfffft, beyelzu shoots himself in the foot. again

How do you like my Putney Bridge?
    At the 4chan.org imageboard is a forum called /b/, and a /b/tard is someone who likes it and participates in it. That place is an online cesspool; it's full of perverted humor and pr0n and trolling and bizarre memes and the like. /b/tards like getting lulz, short for LOL's, often at others' expense.

you fool, tom sawyer, if only you had updated rules.

you should really look online for the most up to date rules, particularly the 1993 compendium of mornington crescent strategy.

i will move to crowns head pub as well and have one bud light and a small bag of doritos not only countering your move but getting an additional move for shameless coporate whoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post

*To avoid confusion later on, please remember that the 1964 Rules changed this in Section IV, Article 13b. It no longer means that I am divesting my next move to whomever first shows up at Buckingham Palace with a butter knife.
    Countered by trip around the Circle Line. You should've ordered Harp as per the Soderheim strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by th1nk3r View Post
    pfffft, beyelzu shoots himself in the foot. again

How do you like my Putney Bridge?
    hah, that is exactly what i wanted you to do, your position of strength is a mirage when i move to milbank road with its fiendish circle of fucking doom.

Quote Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
    you fool, tom sawyer, if only you had updated rules.

you should really look online for the most up to date rules, particularly the 1993 compendium of mornington crescent strategy.

i will move to crowns head pub as well and have one bud light and a small bag of doritos not only countering your move but getting an additional move for shameless coporate whoring.
    Someone's a fool, but it ain't me. I said I'd ordered the Guiness, not that it had arrived. Your Bud Light just made you sit out for the next three moves while you visit your sick grandmother in Oxford. Ha!

Try to read the rules more closely before the next time you lecture someone on them.

watching bey dance about trying to secure his tenuous position makes me happy. with his recent milbank road move, it is all coming into place. and now...

prince albert's road, muthafuckas

how does it feel, beyelzu, to know that you... are a puppet?

Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post

Countered by trip around the Circle Line. You should've ordered Harp as per the Soderheim strategy.
    Dammit! I forgot about the Circle Line. I guess the rest of you are going to be able to jump ahead while I take my dog for a walk through Courtney Park.

Well played, sir.

Can we agree on a 3 move distance between each participant?

I like to play quadrant-diagonal gambits in the start to flush out amateurs..

With that in mind, I move to Cyprus

Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post

That's fine, but I'd still like to retain the Maidenhead hidden ticket rule.

Not until move 7! Never!

Exclamation

I'm sorry, but I'm calling foul on this one. Calling for 3 move distance while keeping the Maidenhead rule when you know I'm already stuck in Courtney Park? That's just unfair.

If you'd called it beforehand, fine, but trying it after I've already been booted by the Circle Line gambit is just cheating. We can have one or the other, but not both. I vote for 3 moves.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerJ View Post
    watching bey dance about trying to secure his tenuous position makes me happy. with his recent milbank road move, it is all coming into place. and now...

prince albert's road, muthafuckas

how does it feel, beyelzu, to know that you... are a puppet?
    He played right into that trap... and with my Aldgate East, he's pretty much fucked. Not as bad as Clete though :p

rules lawyers UGH

Well I'm afraid I'm going to have to move to Dollis Hill as per the Rembrandt Updated Rules 1987 Edition.
    The one part the Führer the one part the Pope,
    It's the inevitable return baby of the Great White Dope

I'm sorry, but I'm calling foul on this one. Calling for 3 move distance while keeping the Maidenhead rule when you know I'm already stuck in Courtney Park? That's just unfair.

If you'd called it beforehand, fine, but trying it after I've already been booted by the Circle Line gambit is just cheating. We can have one or the other, but not both. I vote for 3 moves.
    Okay, okay, if you're going to cry about it. :SNARKY:

He played right into that trap... and with my Aldgate East, he's pretty much fucked. Not as bad as Clete though :p
    That's what you think. Obviously you don't have the 2007 edition of the rules. Maybe someone who does can show you page 178. I'm off to Earl's Court and it's you who are in trouble my friend.

Okay, okay, if you're going to cry about it. :SNARKY:
    You're damn right I'm going to cry about it. How much time do you think I want to spend running through the countryside looking for a Billy Goat?

That being said, I took the bus to Harrod's and bought a new pair of socks.

I'm back in the game, baby!

I thought you liked a more evolved game, not classical bullshit. I'm for a natural pecking order, fuck that artificial separation crap.

That's what you think. Obviously you don't have the 2007 edition of the rules. Maybe someone who does can show you page 178. I'm off to Earl's Court and it's you who are in trouble my friend.
    Quite the contrary... it shows you're a novice, or you wouldn't have put yourself in a position where you have to try the reverse Robin Hood to escape an overhead leapfrog. This is not new strategy, such exotic variants of the low hand recursion have been widely explored during the early 90's. Why do you think they have been spontaneously abandoned?

Maybe you will see what i mean when i make my compulsory turnaround at Gloucester Road. I believe you are forced to retreat towards south end, or it's Mornington Crescent in 3

Thread Information