Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

is it a venn diagram?

!~*# Jimmy Patterson #*~! xXx_[SSJ] St. Drizzt_xXx's Avatar

I don't know. It seems extremely bizarre to me that scum haven't nightkilled either of us, since it would be crippling to take out two townies in one go. But they might just be assuming the view would cause us to lynch ELV anyway.
    #dark-dominion, irc.slacked.org

It was one of those funny diagrams with boxes linked by lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Patronus Potter View Post
    Uh, Maggie Lizer may be scum but I'm not her, I'm Bob Loblaw, the second company lawyer.
    Well the seer viewed you as Maggie so now it looks like we have to lynch you, if the seer is wrong we lynch him tomorrow. He was spot on with damian, confirmed ELV (which could be bogus) and wasted a view on me.

Long Cock Stumblefoot SkepticTank's Avatar

flowchart?
    Solid balls of awesomeness!!!!

the way i see it, we have a scum view of ELV that is either a lie or incorrect or swapped or correct, depending on how we wifom it, and a name view of PP that is either a lie or incorrect or swapped or correct, depending on how we wifom it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkepticTank View Post
    flowchart?
    A quick browse of diagram types on Wikipedia reveals that apparently what I made is called a "sociogram".

I'd trust a "scum" view over a "character name" view any day. If ELV was recruited, he wouldn't tell FF, and the scum certainly wouldn't take out one of their own.

unvote; vote: ELV

eta: I know lynching ELV also takes out a townie, but with the way the odds are stacked against the scum, it will hurt them more than it will hurt us.
    Go kick rocks!

ELV could potentially kill two folks so it looks like checking the PP lie might be better first.

I can see your point. But we have a 2 times confirmed scum read... and we really need to get more of these scum down. If PP turns out to be town, and we go after ELV, that's 2 townies for one scum. Can we survive those odds?
    Go kick rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    I can see your point. But we have a 2 times confirmed scum read... and we really need to get more of these scum down. If PP turns out to be town, and we go after ELV, that's 2 townies for one scum. Can we survive those odds?
    ELV may be two townies lynched right now, doesn't the same logic apply in reverse also?

But we have a 2 times confirmed scum read...
    I missed something somewhere. Two times confirmed?

Nintendo patronum Patronus Potter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spenser View Post
    Uh, Maggie Lizer may be scum but I'm not her, I'm Bob Loblaw, the second company lawyer.
    Well the seer viewed you as Maggie so now it looks like we have to lynch you, if the seer is wrong we lynch him tomorrow. He was spot on with damian, confirmed ELV (which could be bogus) and wasted a view on me.
    Five days in and we're still testing the waters? It's obvious that some if not most of the information that's coming from these seers is unreliable. Roles are being blocked or switched every day. What does that notorious scumdar of yours tell you about the remaining players?
    I want you off the fuckin' set, you prick!

i think a vote for either one is shaky at best considering that if one is innocent, and that one's viewer is innocent, we lost because we spent 3 days going through them, when in reality there has to be at least another scum out there besides the one we may find amongst those 4 people. I don't like those odds.

i also think two millers is improbable at best, so i'd rather take that gamble, but spenser is right about the two for one deal, so vote thinker.
    Last edited by the WORST elf; 24 Sep 08 at 12:12:16 PM. Reason: to bold

Five days in and we're still testing the waters? It's obvious that some if not most of the information that's coming from these seers is unreliable. Roles are being blocked or switched every day. What does that notorious scumdar of yours tell you about the remaining players?
    The role blocker and switcher are both gone. My scumbdar tells me you and Sent are scummy, though I have nothing solid on Sent. Lynching you tells us if either you or my seer are wrong. Simple.

Lynching ELV opens up a whole different can of worms, it may kill FF, if it doesn't and ELV is town, FF is likely scum, damain may be full of shit or his seer may have his views backwards, also implicating damian, or the seer may just have meaningless views, switched views Etc.

Anyway I haven't been paying overly close attention so my scumbdar this game is not up to its infamous self.

i was offline since saturday, i hope the town didn't miss me too much... emergency business abroad, i'm in a McDo in belgium. i'll read days 4 and 5 and try to post smth later if this wireless network doesn't die again like it did 2 times in the last hour.
    At the 4chan.org imageboard is a forum called /b/, and a /b/tard is someone who likes it and participates in it. That place is an online cesspool; it's full of perverted humor and pr0n and trolling and bizarre memes and the like. /b/tards like getting lulz, short for LOL's, often at others' expense.

ELV may be two townies lynched right now, doesn't the same logic apply in reverse also?
    yeah, it does.

unvote

Don't we have 2 seers, though, that have both read ELV as scum? Either he's a miller or he's been turned. If we lose, it will be because ELV avoided lynching.
    Go kick rocks!

The role blocker and switcher are both gone. My scumbdar tells me you and Sent are scummy, though I have nothing solid on Sent. Lynching you tells us if either you or my seer are wrong. Simple.
    Have your seer view me. I'm town.
    Go kick rocks!

Nintendo patronum Patronus Potter's Avatar

Lynching ELV opens up a whole different can of worms, it may kill FF, if it doesn't and ELV is town, FF is likely scum, damain may be full of shit or his seer may have his views backwards, also implicating damian, or the seer may just have meaningless views, switched views Etc.

Anyway I haven't been paying overly close attention so my scumbdar this game is not up to its infamous self.
    I actually think you, FF and ELV are all town, I wouldn't be surprised if ELV and FF were set up as the tragic love story of George Michael and Maeby who are innocent but will be destroyed by their forbidden love or something. I'm more concerned about the people who have been quiet. That seems to have been a successful tactic for scum recently, definitely in the Hitchhikers game. I wanna know if uncool or th1nk3r have anything meaningful to say.
    I want you off the fuckin' set, you prick!

yeah, it does.

unvote

Don't we have 2 seers, though, that have both read ELV as scum? Either he's a miller or he's been turned. If we lose, it will be because ELV avoided lynching.
    his seer is only a name seer, but i'll have mine view you tonight then.

then again, "view me" is an "i'm scum that views as town" tell.

Have your seer view me. I'm town.
    My seer only gets names, so ELV only has 1 scum read.

I actually think you, FF and ELV are all town, I wouldn't be surprised if ELV and FF were set up as the tragic love story of George Michael and Maeby who are innocent but will be destroyed by their forbidden love or something. I'm more concerned about the people who have been quiet. That seems to have been a successful tactic for scum recently, definitely in the Hitchhikers game. I wanna know if uncool or th1nk3r have anything meaningful to say.
    I wouldn't be surprised if my seer were scum but that would implicate damian as well cause there is no other way he could have known his character. The rest of this seers views are iffy so you lynch should tell a lot. It would be pretty bold of him to give a character name for you that was a total guess. Lynching you first is the better option in my view.

I wouldn't be surprised if my seer were scum but that would implicate damian as well cause there is no other way he could have known his character. The rest of this seers views are iffy so you lynch should tell a lot. It would be pretty bold of him to give a character name for you that was a total guess. Lynching you first is the better option in my view.
    or your seer is scum that can view names and selectively decided when to lie, the same exact thing that would apply to my seer if he is lying, because he viewed me and FF as town and ELV as scum. The difference being that no one counterclaimed my seer so we pretty much know he's not full of shit unless you suspend everything you've ever experienced with mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by damian View Post
    or your seer is scum that can view names
    That would be fucked up in a game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by damian View Post
    or your seer is scum that can view names
    That would be fucked up in a game like this.
    why is that? names have shown to have tenuous relationship to roles/affiliations, at best. The matriarch of the family (lucille) was shown to be indy with its own win conditions. It actually is a very reasonable, and even likely, power for an informant type.

Thread Information