PDA

View Full Version : rantbox leeches cpu time

th1nk3r
20 Mar 08, 04:25:23 PM
the main forum index makes firefox leech cpu time, the process goes to 50% usage (actually 100% for the core it uses)... luckily i have a dual core so it doesn't crash the whole system. i think the rantbox is the culprit, since any other RnR page works fine.

dunno if this is ince i updated to the last version of java, but i don't think so, it was a few days ago and the site worked fine this morning.

can we have an option in the profile to turn the rantbox off?

CanoeMan
20 Mar 08, 04:25:59 PM
'Tis Masons fault. Just ask him, he'll admit to it.

Mason
20 Mar 08, 04:27:03 PM
Ban Mason

Monty
20 Mar 08, 04:47:17 PM
Seconded!

:)

meepmork
20 Mar 08, 05:22:41 PM
the main forum index makes firefox leech cpu time, the process goes to 50% usage (actually 100% for the core it uses)... luckily i have a dual core so it doesn't crash the whole system. i think the rantbox is the culprit, since any other RnR page works fine.

dunno if this is ince i updated to the last version of java, but i don't think so, it was a few days ago and the site worked fine this morning.

There's a button on the upper-right corner of the rantbox that allows you to hide it.

Your problem might have something to do with jackasses spamming the rantbox with a million smilies. Just a thought.

Rhaedas
20 Mar 08, 06:05:09 PM
Bookmark the New Posts link as your entry into the site.

rednoise
20 Mar 08, 07:56:48 PM

There's a button on the upper-right corner of the rantbox that allows you to hide it.

Your problem might have something to do with jackasses spamming the rantbox with a million smilies. Just a thought.

That was exactly the problem last night and it crashed my Firefox.

Is there any technical way to limit the amount of smileys in the Rantbox?

Mason
20 Mar 08, 08:43:15 PM

We already went over this. Try reading the thread

Imaginary Mark
21 Mar 08, 12:58:02 AM
:stopper: :stopper: :stopper:

th1nk3r
21 Mar 08, 04:12:00 AM
Yeah i know there's a button, but it doesn't solve my problem. Even when hidden, the rantbox crashes firefox because it still loads the content, it just doesn't display it.

Don't think so... it starts fucking up as it says "Loading...", even before it knows how many smilies there are in the text. After It finishes loading the content there's a brief moment where the cpu load drops a bit, then it maxes again and it stays there.

Blob Novak
21 Mar 08, 11:25:27 AM
Yeah i know there's a button, but it doesn't solve my problem. Even when hidden, the rantbox crashes firefox because it still loads the content, it just doesn't display it.

Don't think so... it starts fucking up as it says "Loading...", even before it knows how many smilies there are in the text. After It finishes loading the content there's a brief moment where the cpu load drops a bit, then it maxes again and it stays there.

No that's definitely what happens when mason loads the shit up with smilies.

Mason
21 Mar 08, 11:26:26 AM
Why do you hate me? :no:

Blob Novak
21 Mar 08, 11:37:58 AM

I just hate your spam!

Mason
21 Mar 08, 11:40:45 AM
I was dissatisfied with the discourse of discussion. I felt it was my duty to stop it

Surely some people here sympathize with me? I was acting on a strong sense of responsibility

CanoeMan
21 Mar 08, 11:57:49 AM

I just hate your spam!

Hate the spam, love the spammer!