PDA

View Full Version : Movie Mafia - Day Three

ELV
20 Feb 08, 05:51:44 PM
After the previous two days the town awakens with a sense of hope for the future after the previous two nights. The town had united and seemed on the verge of triumphing over the evil that plagued their town.

There has been only one death this night. Trillian is found dead outside of Damian’s house, she appears to have been shot in the chest with a shotgun. A revolver with a single empty chamber is found next to her and there is a trail of blood leading down the street. The town tries to follow it, but it dies off before leading anywhere.

There is another report for the town on the recent deaths:

The explosion victims were unrecognisable, but their houses brought in some leads. MP was indeed the terrorist, but no clue about allegiance. SkepticTank was a former senator with suspected mob ties, but it appears he hadn't contacted them yet. He was getting ready to get elected mayor with their help. Beren and Tenuous' houses had nothing important in them apart for a white cat in the latter.

Trill's autopsy revealed that she was indeed killed with a shotgun as we suspected at the crime scene. Her house had training equipment and newspaper clippings of Nightson's death.

1. Tears in the Rain
2. Tenuous
3. mrickaby
4. Trillian
5. Damian
6. JamesBannon
7. Pavlov's Dog
8. Nightson
9. plaridel
10. d0t
11. Th1nk3r
12. Laughing Dog
13. Jacey
14. Beren
15. SkepticTank
16. sonofsyd
17. Spenser
18. Monkey Pants
19. Draygomb
20. Tom Sawyer
21. cockrell
22. The Path of Needles
23. Ambivalent
24. Shponglefan

16 players remain. There are 17 total votes, 9 are required for a lynch and 12 for a super-majority.

It is now day.

Edit: Trillian was killed outside Damian's house.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 05:54:07 PM
Trillian was killed elsewhere and dragged there, that much is clear.

Trillian's target last night was Tom Sawyer.

vote Tom Sawyer

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 05:56:13 PM
Trill was supposed to be going to Tom Sawyers house to kill him, she was the Vig. I doubt she was coming for me as she also knew I would not be home so I suspect this is a plant.

The white cat vindicates plaridel so koodus to Tenuous for that creative BS. I have not heard from the cop or FBI guy yet.

Tom has some explaining to do.

jamesbannon
20 Feb 08, 05:57:04 PM
OK. Tenuous was Blofeld, that seems pretty clear and corroborates Plaridel's story.

Skeptic Tank seems to have been the informant?

Beren we get no help on so probably town.

Trillian was Agent Starling (FBI)?

And Scorpio still appears to be on the loose.

Anyone think these are correct?

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 05:58:05 PM
Trillian was Travis Bickle.

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 05:59:43 PM
Whats weird is the shotgun wound, if trill went to Sawyer's house it could have been a defense thing and that means no mob kill.

Or trill really was coming to kill me and so were they, I was not home but they found each other.

th1nk3r
20 Feb 08, 06:02:22 PM
Whats weird is the shotgun wound, if trill went to Sawyer's house it could have been a defense thing and that means no mob kill.

Or trill really was coming to kill me and so were they, I was not home but they found each other.

what's weird is trill's gun. if she missed, the trail of blood is from the body plant. if she didn't, her killer is wounded but she was really outside your house.

ELV
20 Feb 08, 06:03:34 PM
Sorry, I made a mistake. Trillian was found outside Damian's house.

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 06:04:36 PM
I'm pretty sure I told her I wouldn't be home.

jamesbannon
20 Feb 08, 06:05:00 PM
OK. I'd cross-posted & didn't know the night move order. Since Trill was sent out to kill Tom Sawyer he might have had a shotgun for protection against night kills. Doesn't necessarily mean he is scum, but I agree he has some explaining to do vote Tom Sawyer

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 06:07:12 PM
I think there may have been a ninja switch last night then to protect damian. No ninja gas contacted me and I think enough stuff has happened to show that I am what I say I am. Now would be a good time to consider it.

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 06:11:51 PM
Sorry, I made a mistake. Trillian was found outside Damian's house.

So is this what you meant by sometimes you might be lying to us? :glare:

jamesbannon
20 Feb 08, 06:12:19 PM
I was thinking something similar myself, but I have to go to bed now. I'll see you all tomorrow barring accidents.

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 06:13:57 PM
Seriously, if trill not hitting Tom Sawyer due to a Ninja switch this needs to be made known.

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 06:14:57 PM
Any reason Tenuous isn't stricken from the list?

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 06:24:17 PM
I see a lot of fuckers here, have you considered posting or should we just add you all to the suspect list? :whoop ass:

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 06:33:23 PM
I pick up the revolver! :excitement:

Shponglefan
20 Feb 08, 06:38:56 PM
I'm a townie, but if ya'll keep planning to end days early, then you might as well lynch me now since I won't be able to participate.

vote Spenser

mrickaby
20 Feb 08, 06:42:25 PM
vote Sawyer just for the pressure.

If he was trill's target, he has to say something about what happened. Going to be a tough defense though regardless what he has to say.

sonofsyd
20 Feb 08, 06:45:57 PM
Ahhh, Day 3 has started early. I'm glad to see the pace quicken but it's a bit late here for me to participate. I'll wait a short while to see if there are any developments but I'm gonna have to sleep at some point.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 07:27:29 PM

what's weird is trill's gun. if she missed, the trail of blood is from the body plant. if she didn't, her killer is wounded but she was really outside your house.

the bullet missing is because of her kill the night before (nightson). I'm assuming the number of bullets missing would tell us the total number of her kills (i.e. one).

Laughing Dog
20 Feb 08, 07:42:27 PM
vote Tom Sawyer

sonofsyd
20 Feb 08, 07:48:53 PM
Bedtime for me so ...

Vote: Tom Sawyer

Hopefully this thread will still be going tomorrow on the offchance that Tom comes up with an amazing get out story but until then it's goodnight from me.

Tom Sawyer
20 Feb 08, 08:14:49 PM
Yes, I have a shotgun that protected me from a night kill and I killed trillian when she showed up. I was outside damian's house because I look at people to see whether or not they're home (damian wasn't and Spenser wasn't night 1).

If this dumb-assed cabal had tried to do some research before sending trillian after me, the town would still have a vig. These cabals are a bad way to play and everyone who's not in it, you know right now that you no longer matter in the game. All the other players will be ignored and get picked off one by one while this small group of specials kills everyone who's not a member and prays that only two or three of them are mafia instead of a majority of them.

If anybody actually wants to have a role to play in the game, lose them now. If you don't, don't even bother posting for the rest of the game, because nothing you do matters.

Since Spenser appears to be running the thing and no one's bothered to check him out, he's both the best way to break up the cabal and one of the most likely members to be scum, so Vote Spenser

The Path of Needles
20 Feb 08, 08:18:37 PM
I'm here, I didn't get to post in day two because I was working and someone likes to end days early.

ETA: So who killed our vig? C'mon, fess up. ^^ :ffs:

Tom Sawyer
20 Feb 08, 08:19:27 PM
I'm here, I didn't get to post in day two because I was working and someone likes to end days early.

So who killed our vig? C'mon, fess up.

It was me. I fessed up in the previous post.

Blame the useless cabal, though.

The Path of Needles
20 Feb 08, 08:29:44 PM
<You've already read it.>

I don't know if this is really a pissed off townie or a pleased as piss scum, but a shotgun to stop NKs is scummy (although being movie mafia it could be clean). Anyway, being a mason I know Spencer is town and trying to disrupt the cabal is not good for the town, Spencer has been very open in thread as have many others which makes you look like shit right about now.

vote Tom Sawyer

And if you don't want a cabal talk in thread. You know what I am, what are you?

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 08:30:33 PM
Yes, I have a shotgun that protected me from a night kill and I killed trillian when she showed up. I was outside damian's house because I look at people to see whether or not they're home (damian wasn't and Spenser wasn't night 1).

If this dumb-assed cabal had tried to do some research before sending trillian after me, the town would still have a vig. These cabals are a bad way to play and everyone who's not in it, you know right now that you no longer matter in the game. All the other players will be ignored and get picked off one by one while this small group of specials kills everyone who's not a member and prays that only two or three of them are mafia instead of a majority of them.

If anybody actually wants to have a role to play in the game, lose them now. If you don't, don't even bother posting for the rest of the game, because nothing you do matters.

Since Spenser appears to be running the thing and no one's bothered to check him out, he's both the best way to break up the cabal and one of the most likely members to be scum, so Vote Spenser

wtf are you talking about? You've known what was happening as long as we have. All you had to do was contact someone and get involved, as opposed to quietly trying to blend into the background for three days. I don't like cabals any more than the next guy, but all you had to do was speak up, same as everybody else. This isn't a "small" cabal, it has involved no less than 12 people.

Tom Sawyer
20 Feb 08, 08:40:48 PM

I don't know if this is really a pissed off townie or a pleased as piss scum, but a shotgun to stop NKs is scummy (although being movie mafia it could be clean). Anyway, being a mason I know Spencer is town and trying to disrupt the cabal is not good for the town, Spencer has been very open in thread as have many others which makes you look like shit right about now.

vote Tom Sawyer

Well, it's not scummy. For my role info, I'm Carl Kolchak from The Night Stalker. I've never seen the movie, but he's a reporter/general badass. So, I check out people at night to see if they're home and I had a shotgun to kill anyone who came after me at night.

The cabal is neutral to the town, not good for it. In terms of winning, they're about 50/50. In terms of gameplay, you're in the cabal, so it's great for you - you have the specials on your side and you'll knock off non-members one by one. For everyone who's not in it, they no longer matter and may as well stop showing up. A core group will make all the decisions and lead all the charges and everyone else will just sit back and die. Then you'll hope that the non-mafia members of the cabal outnumber the mafia members.

If you think that Spenser running the cabal is good for the town, ask yourself this - why target me? I haven't been around to do anything suspicious. The one post of note that I've had in this game was saying that the specials should view Spenser to get a sense of the guy in charge of the cabal before they go ahead and trust him. After that, all of a sudden, he decides to send the vig after me. He's playing you and the rest of your group and everyone not in the group is already out of the game.

Tom Sawyer
20 Feb 08, 08:47:56 PM
wtf are you talking about? You've known what was happening as long as we have. All you had to do was contact someone and get involved, as opposed to quietly trying to blend into the background for three days. I don't like cabals any more than the next guy, but all you had to do was speak up, same as everybody else. This isn't a "small" cabal, it has involved no less than 12 people.

It was a long weekend here and I had shit to do yesterday. I wasn't trying to "blend into the background", I just wasn't around. You've seen me as scum, I'm fucking active in that role - playing scum is fun.

You had no reason to send the vig after me other than the fact that I said that you should check out Spenser before trusting him. If you all hadn't let him convince you to make such a bad call, trillian would still be alive and I could have used my shotgun against a scum instead of against our vig.

Anyone who's not in the cabal, vote to bust it up now. Not having it makes our chances as good as having it and non-members have something to do other than wait for the next game to start.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 08:50:01 PM

vote Tom Sawyer

Well, it's not scummy. For my role info, I'm Carl Kolchak from The Night Stalker. I've never seen the movie, but he's a reporter/general badass. So, I check out people at night to see if they're home and I had a shotgun to kill anyone who came after me at night.

The cabal is neutral to the town, not good for it. In terms of winning, they're about 50/50. In terms of gameplay, you're in the cabal, so it's great for you - you have the specials on your side and you'll knock off non-members one by one. For everyone who's not in it, they no longer matter and may as well stop showing up. A core group will make all the decisions and lead all the charges and everyone else will just sit back and die. Then you'll hope that the non-mafia members of the cabal outnumber the mafia members.

If you think that Spenser running the cabal is good for the town, ask yourself this - why target me? I haven't been around to do anything suspicious. The one post of note that I've had in this game was saying that the specials should view Spenser to get a sense of the guy in charge of the cabal before they go ahead and trust him. After that, all of a sudden, he decides to send the vig after me. He's playing you and the rest of your group and everyone not in the group is already out of the game.

Spenser's not the only one that wanted you targeted. Your name was mentioned by 3 or 4 people. We're not naively just listening to whatever spenser says, trust me. Bottom line is we've all been sharing all kinds of information (Beren, me, ambivalent, etc) and you've been keeping quiet not getting involved at all. That's why you were targeted.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 08:52:10 PM
You had no reason to send the vig after me other than the fact that I said that you should check out Spenser before trusting him.

You gave us no reason not to be suspicious of you. It's process of elimination, and we knew roughly 10-12 people. You were one we didn't know. All you had to do was say something.

Tears On My Dong
20 Feb 08, 08:53:14 PM
All you had to do is contact Spenser and say "don't send the vig my way". You didn't even have to claim. You're the one hurting the town by trying to be a loner.

Tears On My Dong
20 Feb 08, 08:55:08 PM
Maybe you shouldn't play PM games, Tom. You seem to have an intense hatred of cabals which are a natural part of the game.

Ambivalent
20 Feb 08, 08:55:10 PM
I protected Tears last night.

Tom's claim seems reasonable, and I have to say I kinda agree with his assessment. It always seems that in games where you can PM, the same group is in contact with each other from the get go, regardless what their roles might be. It annoyed me in the early games, but I've come to factor it in now as part of the strategery.

This game, I don't have a reason to doubt them, so let's hope for the best, yes? What else is there to do. You could have outed to me Tom, we would've had our own CABAL.

Tom Sawyer
20 Feb 08, 08:56:25 PM
Spenser's not the only one that wanted you targeted. Your name was mentioned by 3 or 4 people. We're not naively just listening to whatever spenser says, trust me. Bottom line is we've all been sharing all kinds of information (Beren, me, ambivalent, etc) and you've been keeping quiet not getting involved at all. That's why you were targeted.

Fine, so now I've told you why I wasn't getting involved. You made a stupid call based on bad information and got the vig killed as a result.

Hand out some of this information that all your specials have gotten and do some good for the town and I'll change my vote to someone that you've found out. Until then, I think that killing off the leader of the cabal is the best way to help the town. Also, going back to what I was saying before, have any of you actually taken a look at him to see if he's actually trustworthy? If you're saying that he's not the main one making decisions, I'm calling bullshit on that. Do you actually have a reason to trust him other than this Mason claim, which I'll bet you haven't verified either?

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 08:57:36 PM
btw, out of 16 people left, 9 are in or in contact with the cabal. If you're not scum, contact us now, otherwise you're one of the other 7 and will be taken out by process of elimination.

This isn't a case of a few people hoarding information. The majority of the players left are involved, not a select few. If a few more people get involved, we can be 100% in the open and wrap this thing up. My only concern at this point is whether Spenser and his masons have a separate win condition.

Tears On My Dong
20 Feb 08, 08:58:38 PM
I don't see how killing the vig can be interpreted as pro-town.

Tom Sawyer
20 Feb 08, 09:00:51 PM
Maybe you shouldn't play PM games, Tom. You seem to have an intense hatred of cabals which are a natural part of the game.

You're damn right I have a hatred of them. They form early and anyone who's not in it stops mattering after the first couple of days. It's why I continually bitch about them in every single game where they appear - they suck for everyone who's not in it.

They horde information and keep it from the town while giving it to the scum, because you know as well as I do that at least a couple of members of the cabal are mafia and are getting all the information from it. It's true that having a strong cabal can help win the game for the town, but they do it at the expense of letting everyone else have a fun game and be able to participate.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 09:01:24 PM

Fine, so now I've told you why I wasn't getting involved. You made a stupid call based on bad information and got the vig killed as a result.

Hand out some of this information that all your specials have gotten and do some good for the town and I'll change my vote to someone that you've found out. Until then, I think that killing off the leader of the cabal is the best way to help the town. Also, going back to what I was saying before, have any of you actually taken a look at him to see if he's actually trustworthy? If you're saying that he's not the main one making decisions, I'm calling bullshit on that. Do you actually have a reason to trust him other than this Mason claim, which I'll bet you haven't verified either?

Plaridel is one of his masons. Plaridel claimed to have some dream about a guy with a white cat from spectre trying to recruit her. That guy made up some story. That guy died, and now we have confirmation that that guy did have a white cat.

There is no doubt in my mind that Spenser is part of a group with 3 other people. We know who all 4 are. If something happens in the next few days that tells us they are lying, they're all four going down.

Tom Sawyer
20 Feb 08, 09:01:35 PM

Neither can I, so talk to the people who made the gay-assed call that got her killed.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 09:02:18 PM

You're damn right I have a hatred of them. They form early and anyone who's not in it stops mattering after the first couple of days. It's why I continually bitch about them in every single game where they appear - they suck for everyone who's not in it.

They horde information and keep it from the town while giving it to the scum, because you know as well as I do that at least a couple of members of the cabal are mafia and are getting all the information from it. It's true that having a strong cabal can help win the game for the town, but they do it at the expense of letting everyone else have a fun game and be able to participate.

we haven't been hoarding information. we've been encouraging people to contact us to get in the loop.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 09:02:52 PM

Neither can I, so talk to the people who made the gay-assed call that got her killed.

haha. and who were we supposed to target instead? Did you provide any suggestions?

Ambivalent
20 Feb 08, 09:03:09 PM
We do agree it was self defense, yes? He didn't go after Trill, she went after him. Even if he's angry, let's hope that will pass and tomorrow he will realize he still wants the town to win. Is there really a good reason to lynch him?

The Path of Needles
20 Feb 08, 09:03:37 PM
Alright, that's really all I wanted unvote (ETA: TS outing his role I mean, I posted more than I thought I would), unless new info comes up.

I may not be objective about the cabal, since I'm in it, but I do agree that cabals are unfun for the people not in it, but I think they benefit the town. But we've been pretty open with information and I don't know what else you can do, the game itself inevitably leads to secret groups hoarding information, unless you set it up to specifically counter that. Which is why I liked your game, the items may have gotten a little out of hand but the rules on PMing were interesting (although as scum I didn't get the full effect). Then again it didn't really open up information in thread any more than this game.

And I don't know why Spencer targeted you (you're still not really cleared), I haven't had much time to get all the way into this game.

Tom Sawyer
20 Feb 08, 09:04:09 PM
btw, out of 16 people left, 9 are in or in contact with the cabal. If you're not scum, contact us now, otherwise you're one of the other 7 and will be taken out by process of elimination.

This is exactly what I've been saying and why these things suck ass. If you're one of the other 7, it doesn't matter what you do because you're already out of the game.

This isn't a case of a few people hoarding information. The majority of the players left are involved, not a select few. If a few more people get involved, we can be 100% in the open and wrap this thing up. My only concern at this point is whether Spenser and his masons have a separate win condition.

You don't even know the win condition of the 9 who are in it, although you are quite aware that for at least 2 or 3 of them, that win condition is to kill off the town.

Tom Sawyer
20 Feb 08, 09:05:26 PM
Anyways, I'm off for the night.

I'll bitch and moan a bit more tommorrow. :)

The Path of Needles
20 Feb 08, 09:05:50 PM
For my role info, I'm Carl Kolchak from The Night Stalker.

Isn't The Night Stalker and tv series? It would be an odd choice for a movie mafia game . . .

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 09:06:39 PM
We do agree it was self defense, yes? He didn't go after Trill, she went after him. Even if he's angry, let's hope that will pass and tomorrow he will realize he still wants the town to win. Is there really a good reason to lynch him?

true, we don't know that's he's scum, really.

unvote tom sawyer.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 09:08:16 PM
since we appear to have decent numbers, and in the interest of proving themselves, I suggest the masons let us lynch one of them today. If you're telling the truth, you will still win easily. We can then focus on eliminating people from the 7 unknowns.

Tears On My Dong
20 Feb 08, 09:08:35 PM
You don't seem to understand how this works. If you were a seer and you viewed someone, would you contact them?

How does your strategy work, Tom? You bitch and moan about the way the game is but you don't offer a better strategy.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 09:10:13 PM
You don't seem to understand how this works. If you were a seer and you viewed someone, would you contact them?

How does your strategy work, Tom? You bitch and moan about the way the game is but you don't offer a better strategy.

who you talking to?

Tears On My Dong
20 Feb 08, 09:13:08 PM

who you talking to?

Tom. What is he going to do when he gets a seer role in one of these games? View people and keep it to himself? Out his views in the thread? I don't see how or why you would avoid forming groups.

The Path of Needles
20 Feb 08, 09:21:45 PM
since we appear to have decent numbers, and in the interest of proving themselves, I suggest the masons let us lynch one of them today. If you're telling the truth, you will still win easily. We can then focus on eliminating people from the 7 unknowns.

If you really want to do that I suggest lynching me since I don't have a whole lot of time to play this game this week, but I don't know what that will prove. I'd rather lynch a scum than lower town numbers and I don't think you'll get very much information from a dead body, but if everyone wants to do this lynch me.

ETA: Also, what are anti-town players? Are they scum, scum and indy-scum or all non-towns?

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 09:27:13 PM

If you really want to do that I suggest lynching me since I don't have a whole lot of time to play this game this week, but I don't know what that will prove. I'd rather lynch a scum than lower town numbers and I don't think you'll get very much information from a dead body, but if everyone wants to do this lynch me.

ETA: Also, what are anti-town players? Are they scum, scum and indy-scum or all non-towns?

I think there are scum, indy, and indy scum.

Tears On My Dong
20 Feb 08, 09:34:49 PM
unvote

I like damian's idea. We can afford to lynch one mason to make sure we're on track here.

The Path of Needles
20 Feb 08, 09:44:56 PM
What information are you hoping to get conformation on?

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 09:48:34 PM
You guys are a large and powerful group, and make up approximately half the cabal. Ideally, the death of one of you would confirm that you are not killers and are pro-town. Assuming that scum finally manages a kill tonight, we'd still be at about 14 players, which should be a very comfortable majority. If you guys are 100% pro-town, i would think that your win condition would not be affected by losing just one of you.

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 09:58:14 PM
First off our win condition is nothing more than win with the town. I can see your worry and if you really need to do this to feel secure. I feel it shouldn't be me for obvious reasons.

As far as Tom goes he seems full of shit. He claims to have viewed me night one and that he knew I wasn't home but then suggests I should be viewed to make sure of my alignment (or whatever). More likely he ended up in front of damain's house, found he wasn't home and trill came to kill him and he defended himself. That is my guess. AS for saying I shouldn't have been home I said it plenty yesterday.

Further his over the top anger seems more like the desperation of the mafia that seem to already have this game lost, and to then vote me cause I am leader of the CABAL??? Um, the rest of the mason's have the same info and damian nearly all of it so I doubt that would break up anything. I feel we should lynch Tom first cause he seems caught. If you want to lynch one of us tomorrow PoN looks like he has volunteered.

The Path of Needles
20 Feb 08, 09:59:09 PM
You guys are a large and powerful group, and make up approximately half the cabal. Ideally, the death of one of you would confirm that you are not killers and are pro-town. Assuming that scum finally manages a kill tonight, we'd still be at about 14 players, which should be a very comfortable majority. If you guys are 100% pro-town, i would think that your win condition would not be affected by losing just one of you.

It wouldn't as long as you're town (which seems the most likely right now), but I'm still now sure this is a good idea. It's far better than lynching a special with an actual power, but not as good as lynching scum. I've never died before :cool3:.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 10:07:40 PM
actually, i retract. we still have enough people to try lynching one of the masons tomorrow, i think, and i don't buy tom sawyer's story. upon reflection, it seems like scum bitterness, especially with his vote on spenser and insistence that spenser is evil. It is what we did in the d&d game to get jacey lynched when we were caught.

vote tom sawyer

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 10:07:55 PM
BTW the views I was relayed from the cop and FBI guy were both people already known about and am not going to reveal to not paint a huge target on their backs.

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 10:16:01 PM
I don't think I voted yet

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 10:19:39 PM
btw, someone else not in the masons, who was himself independently cleared by his viewing of me, viewed one of the masons last night, and didn't get any information that contradicted their story, but it wasn't clear enough to acquit them 100%.

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 10:21:12 PM
Another question is why there wasn't a mob kill.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 10:25:56 PM
my best guess is that they targeted me since ambivalent claimed to have protected me the previous night, and they thought i was bluffing by claiming i had my own protection last night.

Spenser
20 Feb 08, 10:32:17 PM
^ Thats why I think it doesn't help TS's story at all.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 11:01:26 PM
just remembered: do you recall the misspelled "publically" from yesterday's letter? The search turned up LD, tom sawyer, and Spenser. d0t, who the author of the letter killed, had a gaping wound in his chest. Shotgun blast?

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 11:04:03 PM
never mind, morgue worker says d0t's wound "looked like it was from a distance," i.e. nightson's sniper rifle.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 11:04:50 PM
speaking of which, whoever the hell is callahan, if you're still alive, should contact someone.

plaridel
21 Feb 08, 12:19:18 AM
vote Tom Sawyer

Haha, Tenuous, you liar!:laugh: You made me nervous, I thought someone might have deceived me and wore a Tenuous mask or something like that when he visited me and the real Tenuous would turn out to be innocent. And that, coupled with Scorpio dropping my name probably would've been enough to bury me.

mrickaby
21 Feb 08, 04:17:19 AM
It is what we did in the d&d game to get jacey lynched when we were caught.

That is exactly what I was thinking, your semi-faked bitterness towards the cabal that had formed in that game to help bring some of the un-involved town onto our side in that game. I don't see a reason not to stick with the vote on Tom.

Tom Sawyer
21 Feb 08, 05:13:19 AM
Well, I'd continue to defend myself, but really, what does it matter? I'm not in the cabal and don't want to join it, so I'm out of the game anyways. If you lynch me today or you lynch me three days from now, it's fairly moot. You have seven names and you're going to kill us off one by one, so the order doesn't really matter. You know as well as I do that you don't need anyone else in your cabal, so there's no need to fake that you're accepting new members and there's some situation where you wouldn't lynch them.

Here's what I'd suggest you do. Take your views and use them on other members of the cabal, not the rest of the people whom you're just going to lynch first anyways; from a gaming perspective, they're not important enough to look at. It seems we've gotten rid of the night-killing roles, so the only thing that you have to worry about is the mafia.

Say we have the best case scenario and only one member of your cabal is mafia (the notion that you have no mafia in it is to inane to contemplate). If there are four other mafia amongst the seven not in your group and the lynch order goes mafia - mafia - mafia - mafia - townie - townie - townie or it goes townie - townie - townie - mafia - mafia - mafia - mafia, it's fairly moot, because they can still keep on going with only the one guy in the cabal (and there's likely more members in it). It doesn't matter how soon or late you lynch them, so don't bother pretending that they still matter in the game and you need to find out what they are.

The biggest threat to the town right now are the mafia guys in the cabal. They're the ones that matter, so use your views there. Spenser said that he would be viewed as not at home and on night one he was. Damian then viewed as not home last night. Say that the two of them are mafia have someone who can hide a person from night views. If that's the case, the same person generally can't be protected two nights in a row, so damian would be visible tonight.

I'd suggest that you take your views and look at damian. Put some protection on him as well, so he'll survive until tommorrow. That way, you'll know that you have at least one member who can be trusted or you'll have exposed one of the mafia in your midst. After that, focus your views on people who've said things that your ability could confirm or show to be a lie and work on getting the rest of them.

The only thing that you have to worry about right now is how many of your cabal are mafia, so focus your efforts on that rather than wasting time with non-cabal members who are just lynch fodder, regardless of what side they're on.

jamesbannon
21 Feb 08, 05:30:30 AM
unvote I'm not going to vote for a townie. Tom's story seems reasonable and a shotgun has been used as a self-defence weapon before in other games.

Shponglefan
21 Feb 08, 06:22:38 AM
unvote

Vote Tears

th1nk3r
21 Feb 08, 07:04:42 AM
unvote I'm not going to vote for a townie. Tom's story seems reasonable

that's enough proof for me, vote Tom Sawyer :D

jamesbannon
21 Feb 08, 07:05:50 AM
Hah :laugh:

plaridel
21 Feb 08, 07:25:29 AM
jamesbannon are you town? don't lie to me, I'll know.:tongue:

jamesbannon
21 Feb 08, 07:28:23 AM
Of course young sister!:yes:

Tom Sawyer
21 Feb 08, 07:28:55 AM
unvote

Vote Tears

Why Tears?

plaridel
21 Feb 08, 07:32:33 AM
yes, why tears?

Jacey
21 Feb 08, 07:42:25 AM
Give you a hint, if you don't want to be lynched tomorrow, don't vote for Tears

Draygomb
21 Feb 08, 07:53:49 AM

Tears On My Dong
21 Feb 08, 08:13:36 AM
The thing about the over-the-top anger is Tom was ranting and raving about cabals in the D&D game too.

I still want his answer on how he would play if he was a seer.

Tears On My Dong
21 Feb 08, 08:21:13 AM
If anyone wants to substitute in the pirates game, you only need to post at least once a day and if you don't even want to read the thread, I can tell you what to do.

I'll rep for it.

Ambivalent
21 Feb 08, 08:26:11 AM
Just a few thoughts.

Thinker has been terribly quiet this game.

We are assuming Nightson was Scorpio, yes? So Callahan is safe.

If the cabal is as large as people are suggesting - and it better be if we start killing masons/angry townies, then I would throw out for debate a mass claim.

I don't have a problem sharing the win with a non scum indy, so perhaps they would consider an alliance with us. Even dead townies win if the town does, so anyone else who has an arch enemy shouldn't let that bother them too much. I think the claims would be a worthwhile read and might trip some people up. At the least, we would be lynching non specials.

This is assuming the CABAL feels secure with the numbers.

plaridel
21 Feb 08, 08:32:12 AM
why are we assuming nightson was Scorpio again?

Ambivalent
21 Feb 08, 08:32:45 AM
From what little I know, I count at least 8 in the cabal, which gives it the majority. (I'm counting myself, even though i'm not really an official member)

I can guarantee seer protection for at least one night, and if anyone else can too, then I think it might not be a bad idea.

Ambivalent
21 Feb 08, 08:34:00 AM
why are we assuming nightson was Scorpio again?

I'm not completely sure which is why I added it, but I read it as such, considering we didnt get a threatening note today.

Ambivalent
21 Feb 08, 08:35:49 AM
Eh, maybe it wasn't Nightson, I could be mistaken, but I took the lack of a note to suggest scorpio was gone, and thought i remembered reading nightson had a sniper rifle. But its early and I'm groggy, so I'm going to bed.

plaridel
21 Feb 08, 09:22:25 AM
Liar. You're Scorpio.:sneaky2:

plaridel
21 Feb 08, 09:26:44 AM
Haha, I'm just kidding. I'm gonna go watch american idol now.:tongue:

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 09:31:55 AM
I would be on board with a mass claim.

Further, unvote tom sawyer

I think we should go for Draygomb or Sphongldingle.

cockrell
21 Feb 08, 09:39:00 AM
I would vote for a CABAL member, but spenser voted for me yesterday, and took the vote off when I didn't visit here. If he were scum he'd have let me hang.

vote tom sawyer

Tears On My Dong
21 Feb 08, 09:40:08 AM
vote shponglefan

jamesbannon
21 Feb 08, 09:40:25 AM
I will do a claim if other people do, but I'm not going to be the first to out. I've done that before and paid for it either with my death or by losing the game for the town. The apparent lack of mafia hits in this game is bothering me.

th1nk3r
21 Feb 08, 09:43:26 AM
Thinker has been terribly quiet this game.

I was too active for half of day 2 when damian started to mention that i need night protection... point taken :tongue:

We are assuming Nightson was Scorpio, yes?

Yes.

So Callahan is safe.

afaik spenser never said anything about someone claiming callahan. we don't know who he is or if he's town or indy. unless he's useful and wants to cooperate, i don't see why we should be concerned about his safety.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 09:45:56 AM
We still don't have a confirmed callahan. Then again, it could've been d0t, as we know nothing about him.

Draygomb
21 Feb 08, 09:51:47 AM
Can we atleast know which roles are in the cabal

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 10:03:59 AM

:colbert:

Spenser
21 Feb 08, 10:06:58 AM
2 siblings, 4 masons, 1 role blocker, 1 FBI, Cop is dead (Beren),1 Morgue Worker, and we consider Ambiv cleared doc.

MW has been actively cooperating, FBI guy has been right about night views I already knew so wasn't lied to, 1 sibling was viewed and confirmed both town and sibling. The masons have done nothing but work towards the town but one had volunteered to be lynched if that worry needs to be squelched though it is truly a waste. I think the reason it is even being requested is because this game is going along way too smoothly, I'm not even sure we have identified an actual mob kill yet, this is breeding paranoia within the 'cabal' but mostly we see this riding out for the town.

Spenser
21 Feb 08, 10:07:32 AM

Why not, you wanna fucking kill one of us to prove a point.

Spenser
21 Feb 08, 10:12:15 AM
I was outside damian's house because I look at people to see whether or not they're home (damian wasn't and Spenser wasn't night 1).

Spenser said that he would be viewed as not at home and on night one he was.

So which one is it? Have problems keeping your story straight?

My scum list:

Tom Sawyer
Shoplosomethingorother
Draygomb

and if more

Laughing Dog

jamesbannon
21 Feb 08, 10:14:16 AM
I assume this leaves town with no night kill capability unless there is another indy killer out there. This is a bit worrying, but still manageable.

Anyway unvote; vote Draygomb.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 10:15:42 AM

Why not, you wanna fucking kill one of us to prove a point.

it was just a suggestion. stop crying about it.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 10:16:23 AM
vote draygomb

Spenser
21 Feb 08, 10:19:38 AM
What the fuck is the matter with you guys, Tom Sawyer has claimed to be a character from a TV series not a movie. He's fucking lying and easily the biggest scum target here.

Jacey
21 Feb 08, 10:25:31 AM
vote Tom Sawyer if I havent already

Spenser
21 Feb 08, 10:27:19 AM
And to Tom's brilliant suggestion to have the seer's view inside the CABAL. Thanks, thats all we have been viewing so far so that shit part of your argument can be put to bed as well.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 10:28:22 AM
fine unvote draygomb vote tom sawyer

let's get this shit over with.

jamesbannon
21 Feb 08, 10:32:17 AM
unvote; vote Tom Sawyer (against my instincts).

Tom Sawyer
21 Feb 08, 10:32:46 AM
I was outside damian's house because I look at people to see whether or not they're home (damian wasn't and Spenser wasn't night 1).

Spenser said that he would be viewed as not at home and on night one he was.

So which one is it? Have problems keeping your story straight?

What do you mean? They're both saying the same thing. You said you would be viewed as not at home and that's how you were viewed.

You claimed it had to do with your role, but then damian got the same view the next night when he said he had protection, so I'm figuring it's actually someone's ability and damian will be available for viewing tonight, so the specials will be able to see if his story holds up or not.

You keep changing your reasons why you want to lynch me, but it all boils down to the same thing - I'm not in the cabal, so I'm on the list to go. For everyone else who's not in it, it'll be the exact same thing for you lot over the next couple of days. Either vote to off a cabal guy (and I think that Spenser is the most likely to be scum out of them, because I think he's lying about his not being viewed thing as his own ability as opposed to someone's role) and let's start having everyone included in the game or don't bother to show up until they get around to finally killing you.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 10:37:46 AM
You claimed it had to do with your role, but then damian got the same view the next night when he said he had protection, so I'm figuring it's actually someone's ability and damian will be available for viewing tonight, so the specials will be able to see if his story holds up or not.

I was already viewed on night one by Beren, who told the FBI guy and Spenser. FBI guy contacted me to tell me.

Shponglefan
21 Feb 08, 10:38:54 AM
Give you a hint, if you don't want to be lynched tomorrow, don't vote for Tears

Good, because I'm trying to get lynched. Even though I'm a townie.

Spenser
21 Feb 08, 10:40:51 AM
@ Tom

Meh, the way you wrote the second one I read wrong. damian has already been viewed and confirmed by the cop before he died. The cop told me things about damain that he couldn't have known but he had already shared with me. He's clean.

Vote for me, what a joke. He is actively campaign for the town to kill the leader of the cabal that has so far been rather effective at getting scum and strange indy's. If you really had the town's interest at heart you be actively hunting potential real scum instead of this bullshit.

Further, what is your alignment, what is your win condition. Kinda odd a reporter from a TV series hangs out outside poeples house's with a shotgun no?

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 10:42:29 AM
He is actively campaign for the town to kill the leader of the cabal

meh, 2nd in command at best.

Spenser
21 Feb 08, 10:44:40 AM
MUTINY!!!!

Spenser
21 Feb 08, 10:53:25 AM
We may already have a supermajority. I have a meeting starting in a few minutes but me thinks the quicker this lynch is in the quicker ELV may be able to reopen the thread. I would suggest sending in your night moves.

Jacey
21 Feb 08, 10:55:33 AM
With the cop dead it's the FBI dude who's really leading this party.

Spenser's the Tony Snow of the cabal :laugh:

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 11:02:40 AM
I think we have like 9 votes, so we need a couple more.

sonofsyd
21 Feb 08, 11:11:52 AM
12 are required for a supermajority, I think.

ELV
21 Feb 08, 11:12:47 AM
What the fuck is the matter with you guys, Tom Sawyer has claimed to be a character from a TV series not a movie. He's fucking lying and easily the biggest scum target here.

Because it would be a really shitty reason for someone to get lynched, I must tell you that some roles are a bit of a stretch to fit as movie characters.

Spenser
21 Feb 08, 11:15:46 AM
^ That is really the least of reasons for voting for him but definitely looked like it was made up. Him being outside of damian's house with a shotgun is odd enough. Had damian not been hidden would he be dead right now?

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 11:18:28 AM
^ That is really the least of reasons for voting for him but definitely looked like it was made up. Him being outside of damian's house with a shotgun is odd enough. Had damian not been hidden would he be dead right now?

That's my take as well. notwithstanding ELV's clarification, we presently have only one suspect that we know killed someone and appeared to be attempting to kill someone else. Applying the razor, we have no other better suspects other than hunches.

Spenser
21 Feb 08, 11:26:36 AM
Lulz, I just thought about the Tom suggesting I'm scum. Think about this, if I were scum don't you think there would be at least one mob kill by now? I mean, I know everything, why would 'my' scum be doing so shitty?

Tears On My Dong
21 Feb 08, 11:28:16 AM
unvote
vote Tom Sawyer

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 11:33:38 AM
Does Tears have two votes? I think that makes it 11 out of 16, which is a supermajority.

Tears On My Dong
21 Feb 08, 11:35:06 AM
I think it's 1.5.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 11:39:38 AM
Nope,

"The Mayor is given a double vote in the daily elections for lynching but cannot vote for or against his own impeachment."

I think the day is done.

ELV
21 Feb 08, 11:47:17 AM
No, a super majority requires 12 votes as there are 17 total votes. 11 would be enough if the mayor's vote didn't count.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 11:54:46 AM
No, a super majority requires 12 votes as there are 17 total votes. 11 would be enough if the mayor's vote didn't count.

There are only 16 voters, though. I call shenanigans.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 11:57:23 AM
It also says this:

"6 votes would be required to have a super majority of 8 players, 10 of 15, 15 of 22 etc…"

implying that the super majority is tied to the # of players.

Shenanigans!

th1nk3r
21 Feb 08, 11:59:01 AM
ELV forgot to cross off Tenuous from the list this morning, that's why his count had 17 players. When Spenser told him, i think he finally did that but never corrected the count.

sonofsyd
21 Feb 08, 11:59:53 AM
"Super Majorities: If a super majority is reached in a vote, there can be an affect beyond a simple majority. A super majority is defined as greater than 66% of all total possible votes. 6 votes would be required to have a super majority of 8 players, 10 of 15, 15 of 22 etc… "

66% of 16 is 10.56

Tom Sawyer
21 Feb 08, 12:00:08 PM
Oh well, no one seems to be buying my story, so I may as well fess up. At the beginning, it was looking as if people were believing me, but I think I took the anti-cabal rant a bit too far. Also, I should have checked to see that the character I made up was actually a movie instead of TV.

I'm independent scum and I can visit people at night and kill anyone who visits them and anyone who tries to night kill me. I win by being the last guy alive, which clearly isn't going to happen.

I'm irrelevant to your win condition, so if you want to keep me around, I can offer help against scum night kills. If anyone targets the person I select, they'll die. It won't save the person, but it will kill whatever mafia guy goes after them and I'll make my choice public so the mafia will know they'll die if they go after them.

You'll kill me off eventually, but I can help to try and get rid of a few mafia beforehand if you'd like.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 12:03:30 PM
Oh well, no one seems to be buying my story, so I may as well fess up. At the beginning, it was looking as if people were believing me, but I think I took the anti-cabal rant a bit too far. Also, I should have checked to see that the character I made up was actually a movie instead of TV.

I'm independent scum and I can visit people at night and kill anyone who visits them and anyone who tries to night kill me. I win by being the last guy alive, which clearly isn't going to happen.

I'm irrelevant to your win condition, so if you want to keep me around, I can offer help against scum night kills. If anyone targets the person I select, they'll die. It won't save the person, but it will kill whatever mafia guy goes after them and I'll make my choice public so the mafia will know they'll die if they go after them.

You'll kill me off eventually, but I can help to try and get rid of a few mafia beforehand if you'd like.

so who did you kill on night one? and who is your real character?

th1nk3r
21 Feb 08, 12:06:01 PM
so who did you kill on night one?
I think he just viewed Spenser, he didn't kill. He kills if he is attacked or his view target is attacked.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 12:07:01 PM
so who did you kill on night one?
I think he just viewed Spenser, he didn't kill. He kills if he is attacked or his view target is attacked.

oh yeah.

Spenser
21 Feb 08, 12:08:52 PM
With this story we would need to lynch you anyway, why not now and get this next day rolling while ELV is here...

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 12:09:48 PM
true. someone cast the last vote so we can overcome ELV's voter fraud.

Tears On My Dong
21 Feb 08, 12:25:14 PM
vote Tom Sawyer

That should do it.

plaridel
21 Feb 08, 12:26:25 PM
so Tom really did drag trillian's body to damian's house?

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 12:40:43 PM
no, most likely he was there to kill me, and since we sent her after tom, she tracked him down and wounded him, but he killed her.

th1nk3r
21 Feb 08, 01:03:57 PM
something's bugging me... looking at the numbers, is it possible that we're facing not a team, but a shitload of indys?

Spenser
21 Feb 08, 01:05:13 PM
^ I thought about this especially since so many indys can kill.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 01:11:09 PM
only one way to find out. Keep killing them.

plaridel
21 Feb 08, 01:33:05 PM
no, most likely he was there to kill me, and since we sent her after tom, she tracked him down and wounded him, but he killed her.

I thought Tom could only kill when he or his target is attacked, not kill anyone himself.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 01:53:20 PM
think about how lame that sounds. His whole role is to just sit there at someone's house to kill people that come to get them? How would he eliminate the rest of town after scum was killed? It would be impossible to win. It was a last minute desperation ploy. I wouldn't waste my time trying to make sense of it.

Ambivalent
21 Feb 08, 02:23:27 PM
I don't think it's needed, but just to say I did it

/vote Tom Sawyer

If anyone would like protection or knows someone who needs it, feel free to let me know.

the WORST elf
21 Feb 08, 02:35:51 PM
day over.

th1nk3r
21 Feb 08, 02:56:06 PM
where the fuck is ELV?

ELV
21 Feb 08, 05:24:29 PM
Sorry, I've been kind of busy today. I'm going home for the weekend so I needed to get ready but first I had a project and 2 labs due today plus two tests tomorrow.

Nightfall. Tom is lynched. Way to kill my favorite role, town :tongue: