PDA

View Full Version : RnR Mafia day 4

the WORST elf
5 Feb 08, 07:12:06 AM
Come morning, Beren is found dead in his home office, his blood collecting in shallow pools on his rich mahogany desk. His gray suit is soaked in blood.

1) Tears
2) Spenser
3) PD
4) ELV
5) Beren
6) Imaginary Mark
7) Jacey
8) ST
9) Jamesbannon
10) Mrickaby
11) Trillian
12) Th1nk3r
13) Tenuous
14) d0t
15) Pogo
16) Tom Sawyer
17) Ambivalent
18) PiCroft
19) sonofsyd

Daybreak. Nightfall is again at 7pm EST.

Pavlov's Dog
5 Feb 08, 07:26:48 AM
Who was Beren? damian?

Tom Sawyer
5 Feb 08, 07:31:11 AM
BTW, I'm MonkeyPants. Other than wanting to be mayor, I'm not sure how to role play that. If I get some free time, I'll check out some old threads to find out.

For today, I've got no ideas.

the WORST elf
5 Feb 08, 07:34:43 AM
Who was Beren? damian?

are you kidding dude? that's you buddy.

Jacey
5 Feb 08, 07:36:04 AM
lol @ op

RnR is screwed

Pavlov's Dog
5 Feb 08, 07:41:10 AM
Who was Beren? damian?

are you kidding dude? that's you buddy.

I don't even own a grey suit! You are the big time lawyer. I am a humble plaintiff's attorney.

th1nk3r
5 Feb 08, 07:56:56 AM
another repeat of day 1 until the info guys come out...

by now i figure they should have a trusted person that can act as messenger

unless theyre all dead of course

Tears On My Dong
5 Feb 08, 09:22:31 AM
This is so fucked.

Pavlov's Dog
5 Feb 08, 09:29:33 AM
You people are boring.

Tears On My Dong
5 Feb 08, 09:34:23 AM
your mom is boring

SkepticTank
5 Feb 08, 09:35:09 AM
WE ARE NOT FUCKED

VOTE MRICKABY

FOR HIS VOTING PATTERNS YESTERDAY

VOTED AMBIV FOR MAYOR

THEN REVERSED POSITION AT THE END

LATE BANDWAGON == SCUM TELL

Pass the bong.

Pavlov's Dog
5 Feb 08, 09:36:35 AM
your mom is boring

Yes she is. I made her cry the other day just because I could. I don't care, because she deserves it.

mrickaby
5 Feb 08, 10:07:34 AM
WE ARE NOT FUCKED

VOTE MRICKABY

FOR HIS VOTING PATTERNS YESTERDAY

VOTED AMBIV FOR MAYOR

THEN REVERSED POSITION AT THE END

LATE BANDWAGON == SCUM TELL

Pass the bong.

I voted for Beren as a lol based on his role playing against having a mayor. When I got back in and took the time to read the thread, I saw what was going on, the information that was coming out about him, which I did not know until it had come up. I wanted to give him a chance to come clean about win conditions and everything before voting for him, when it became obvious he wasn't going to give up any information, that was when I went for the vote for him.

mrickaby
5 Feb 08, 10:18:52 AM
^^ Should read Ambivalent ^^

Imaginary Mark
5 Feb 08, 10:19:53 AM
I think I'm going to just reveal my role. I'm Th1nk3r as I indicated earlier. I'm an independent because no one wants to be on Th1nk3r's team (haha, no offense Th1nk3r). I have no special powers and no night activity, as you may have guessed if you noticed I didn't log on for the last two mafia days.

I'm just playing for the lulz.

I'll try to come up with another long crazy Th1nk3r scheme post again sometime. But coming up with those crazy schemes is harder than it looks.

d0t
5 Feb 08, 10:26:08 AM
I think I'm going to just reveal my role. I'm Th1nk3r as I indicated earlier. I'm an independent because no one wants to be on Th1nk3r's team (haha, no offense Th1nk3r). I have no special powers and no night activity, as you may have guessed if you noticed I didn't log on for the last two mafia days.

I'm just playing for the lulz.

I'll try to come up with another long crazy Th1nk3r scheme post again sometime. But coming up with those crazy schemes is harder than it looks.

Do you mind revealing your win condition?

SkepticTank
5 Feb 08, 10:35:47 AM
There sure are a lot of fucking independents with no special powers.

WTF?

If we have recruiters on the RnR side, please try and recruit Imaginary Mark. If there are recruiters on the scum side, please don't. :)

SkepticTank
5 Feb 08, 11:13:47 AM
I'm an independent because no one wants to be on Th1nk3r's team (haha, no offense Th1nk3r).

emphasis mine

th1nk3r
5 Feb 08, 11:48:54 AM
i think ill drop the roleplay for a while cuz things r getting srs

i got elected mayor so the seer verified me as good

hes got several people figured out and also the morgue guy gave me his views

if these guys are not the real specials i'm expecting some counterclaims

anyway pogo picroft and ELV were all pro-RnR and pogo was some kind of vig

SkepticTank
5 Feb 08, 11:52:25 AM
alright, now we're getting somewhere.

Imaginary Mark
5 Feb 08, 11:54:59 AM
I'm an independent because no one wants to be on Th1nk3r's team (haha, no offense Th1nk3r).

emphasis mine

I just have to live until the end of the game. I assume it would be a shared win.

Or should I say, it would have been a shared win. I also had a requirement to post a crazy scheme every day which I haven't followed through on so I don't think I can really win anymore.

Tenuous
5 Feb 08, 11:56:51 AM

(snip)

What about ambivalent? Might shed some light on IM's situation?

jamesbannon
5 Feb 08, 12:01:05 PM
Th1nk3r,
Why aren't you giving details of views on those who are still alive (apart from yourself)? Presumably their alignment has at least been identified.

Imaginary Mark
5 Feb 08, 12:03:07 PM
I just received confirmation from Damian that I can still win. He's not going to make a big issue out of me missing a couple days.

Imaginary Mark
5 Feb 08, 12:05:17 PM
Oh, also, all my posts today are actually part of a carefully scripted master plan.

Details to come later.

Tenuous
5 Feb 08, 12:08:15 PM
Th1nk3r,
Why aren't you giving details of views on those who are still alive (apart from yourself)? Presumably their alignment has at least been identified.

So long as the cleared group are all in contact with each other it's probably best not to out their names because doing so would:

a) Make them prime targets for getting killed by the cabal
b) Make them prime targets to get recruited (if there is recruiting)

Tenuous
5 Feb 08, 12:10:13 PM
I just received confirmation from Damian that I can still win.

So if you win, what about us?

th1nk3r
5 Feb 08, 12:11:24 PM
Th1nk3r,

apparently the first night view cant be trusted much cuz of possible recruitments

second night i think it was Beren who was then offed

and then there 's me

so if i share my confimed / most likely good list it will have more specials than seer targets and it would benefit the scum

th1nk3r
5 Feb 08, 12:12:17 PM

(snip)

What about ambivalent? Might shed some light on IM's situation?

morgue guy gets one view he chose elv over spenser and ambiv

jamesbannon
5 Feb 08, 12:18:28 PM
That would make sense, since confirming ELV as good would more than likely mean that Spenser was.

I got extra rep last night in place of Ambivalent, so my guess would be that his role would certainly not have been detrimental to RnR.

ETA: Th1nk3r will probably be a prime target for a hit if he is as claimed, so I suggest sharing the info with someone outside the circle in case he gets offed tonight and we lose all the information.

d0t
5 Feb 08, 12:34:51 PM
I just have to live until the end of the game. I assume it would be a shared win.

Or should I say, it would have been a shared win. I also had a requirement to post a crazy scheme every day which I haven't followed through on so I don't think I can really win anymore.

Thanks.
Not posting crazy schemes and then outing like this does make your role awfully lame though. :laugh:

SkepticTank
5 Feb 08, 12:34:52 PM
so we have one vote for MRickaby.

Jacey
5 Feb 08, 01:01:54 PM
vote sonofsyd

lol nub

sonofsyd
5 Feb 08, 01:07:32 PM
Heh, but you can't vote for me I have a puppy as an avatar.

Imaginary Mark
5 Feb 08, 01:11:19 PM

I assume I just share victory with the team that wins.

Imaginary Mark
5 Feb 08, 01:11:57 PM

Thanks.
Not posting crazy schemes and then outing like this does make your role awfully lame though. :laugh:

All part of my plan! :w00t:

Pavlov's Dog
5 Feb 08, 01:12:36 PM

Then you can't be trusted, because the town is losing right now.

sonofsyd
5 Feb 08, 01:13:50 PM
so if i share my confimed / most likely good list it will have more specials than seer targets and it would benefit the scum

So, can you share what kind of specials are in this game or might that also benefit the scum?

th1nk3r
5 Feb 08, 01:15:24 PM

So, can you share what kind of specials are in this game or might that also benefit the scum?

yes

sonofsyd
5 Feb 08, 01:21:57 PM

That's a bit of a pointless role though isn't it? You win no matter who wins? How do you lose?

Imaginary Mark
5 Feb 08, 01:27:05 PM
Then you can't be trusted, because the town is losing right now.

I never said I could be trusted! :w00t:

That's a bit of a pointless role though isn't it? You win no matter who wins? How do you lose?

I lose if I die.

SkepticTank
5 Feb 08, 01:51:23 PM

if these guys are not the real specials i'm expecting some counterclaims

Any counterclaims? If not, you and the specials should have a plan on who to lynch tonight, no?

Tears On My Dong
5 Feb 08, 01:55:03 PM
I don't like this at all. We've already lost at least one special and we have no info on the scum. On top of that we have neutrals with unknown win conditions and there is apparently some kind of recruiting ability in the game. That could be CABAL or an unknown third party, but either way it means even our trusted people can't be trusted. I hate recruitment.

th1nk3r
5 Feb 08, 02:10:42 PM
Any counterclaims? If not, you and the specials should have a plan on who to lynch tonight, no?

no counterclaims so far but im not sure if everyone checked in since i announced

anyway we don't have many plans cuz apparently there is more info on the dead than on the living

so far we all polled our scumdars and it looks like the most probable suspects, in this order, are: Tenuous, Tom Sawyer, Jacey, Trill, mrick

and we think sonofsyd and Pav are too quiet for their own good

anyway i'm voting for Tenuous to see what happens

SkepticTank
5 Feb 08, 02:23:08 PM
works for me.

unvote; vote Tenuous

th1nk3r
5 Feb 08, 02:26:30 PM
works for me.

unvote; vote Tenuous

*raises eyebrow*

you're not exactly cleared either

you know how this instant jump looks if Tenuous turns up good right

jamesbannon
5 Feb 08, 02:32:45 PM
I'll let Tenuous speak for himself before voting for him. For now I'll vote Tom Sawyer since he is also on my list from a couple of days ago. I'll miss nightfall as I'm going to bed soon, so I'll see you in thre morning if I'm not dead.

SkepticTank
5 Feb 08, 02:36:08 PM
We need some kind of voting block. If we split all our votes amongst the suspects, scum can come in and railroad the whole thing right before nightfall...

Tears On My Dong
5 Feb 08, 02:39:08 PM
I have Tenuous, Tom Sawyer and mrickaby on my suspects list. I'm not sure who I want to vote for yet.

Jacey
5 Feb 08, 02:47:22 PM
unvote sonofsyd vote tenuous

SkepticTank
5 Feb 08, 02:56:49 PM
Only two hours 'til nightfall

Tenuos - 3
Tom Sawyer -1

Tears On My Dong
5 Feb 08, 03:01:57 PM
Fuck it, I'll be 4th on the bandwagon.

vote Tenuous

th1nk3r
5 Feb 08, 03:02:49 PM
where the fuck is everybody

this game sux

silence only benefits the scum

stop being lazy ppl

trillian
5 Feb 08, 03:10:01 PM
I'm in for a tenuous vote. Might have preferred mrickaby. That pogo was the vig will make this a difficult game for town, and slower too.

So, vote: Tenuous

PS Sorry im not too talkative today. I had to go get the surveillance video for my dads car accident at a gas station. Big Brother is watching you!

errrr.I mean, I was beating my wifes gay little yappy dog.

mrickaby
5 Feb 08, 03:28:39 PM
I know I am on a bunch of people's radars, and this is going to look scummy as hell, but I will follow ST's idea to prevent future monkeying of votes.

I fully expect to be lynched in the next couple of days, hope I can help out with this move and anything else before that happens.

th1nk3r
5 Feb 08, 04:29:48 PM
something is not right here this bandwagon is unchallenged

they are letting us kill Tenuous with no protest whatsoever

im switching

mrick if you want to help like you said vote with me

unvote vote Tom Sawyer

i know it barely makes sense but i have a hunch letting the day end like this is a mistake

not to mention pathetic

Tenuous isnt here to defend himself

i think if he were scum they would get a hold of him

Imaginary Mark
5 Feb 08, 04:34:21 PM
I have important information.

Earlier today I started a hoax email campaign promising people that if they forwarded the email to 15 people they would win the chance to sit on the Board of Directors of a very important and serious nonprofit group as well as a free annual vacation. In the email I hid a 1x1 pixel image to track the email addresses of people who read the email along with their forwarding patterns. I compiled this data into a list of email addresses and categorized them by their interest in the subject matter. I used this to gauge the degree to which people sympathized with IIDB. Then I wrote a series of scripts to correlate the similarity of the email addresses with the claimed names of characters in the game. Using the theory that people who choose similar user names will have certain similarities in personality traits, I assigned each player in the game a ranking of how strongly they sympathized with IIDB based on their correlation to the email address list.

This ranking essentially tells me who is part of the CABAL and who isn't.

For reasons I won't reveal now I plan to keep this information secret for the time being but I wanted to make everyone aware of its existence.

http://forum.chip.ro/image.php?u=3808&dateline=1177095852

Tears On My Dong
5 Feb 08, 04:39:23 PM

im switching

unvote vote Tom Sawyer

i know it barely makes sense but i have a hunch letting the day end like this is a mistake

not to mention pathetic

Tom Sawyer isn't here to defend himself either. I hate the way this shit always happens. They're both on my list but I don't know what to do and the day is about to end.

th1nk3r
5 Feb 08, 04:41:48 PM

im switching

unvote vote Tom Sawyer

not to mention pathetic

Tom Sawyer isn't here to defend himself either. I hate the way this shit always happens. They're both on my list but I don't know what to do and the day is about to end.

doesn't really matter which one we kill today i guess

the other one dies tomorrow anyway unless the seer wastes a view on him

so it's prolly worth the switch to stir some reactions

Tears On My Dong
5 Feb 08, 04:44:19 PM
I'll switch to make it closer if that's the idea.

unvote
vote Tom Sawyer

It might be pointless. Maybe they are both scum. Maybe neither is.

trillian
5 Feb 08, 04:45:56 PM
alrighty Th1nk3r. It's awfully late in the day to do this though.

unvote; vote: Tom Sawyer

th1nk3r
5 Feb 08, 04:50:40 PM
why do i get the impression that only 4-5 people are playing

can i resign my mayorship

this town doesnt deserve me

trillian
5 Feb 08, 04:50:57 PM
Where the heck is everyone today? No traffic in here at lynch time.

th1nk3r
5 Feb 08, 04:51:34 PM
Where the heck is everyone today? No traffic in here at lynch time.

maybe everyone went to vote for obama :unsure:

the WORST elf
5 Feb 08, 05:42:41 PM
Tom Sawyer is lynched without incident or any clever dialog because i can't think of any.

Nightfall. Send in your moves.