PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable Deadline Times

Monkey Pants
30 Jan 08, 04:32:52 AM
We've got quite a few regular players in our games, and they are from all sorts of timezones.

Unfortunately, these timezones can make it awkward when it comes to voting deadlines. Too late and the Brits are in bed, too early and the Americans are at work.

So I thought I'd do a poll to see what times people find acceptable (note - the idea is that you check all times that you'd be happy with, not just the one time that is ideal).

That way, when someone starts a game, a quick look at this thread (the poll is public) will let them see what time best suits both themselves and their players. It also works as a handy ready-reckoner so that we can avoid the usual "So if the deadline is at X in your time, what is that in my time?" questions.

d0t
30 Jan 08, 04:48:18 AM
done.

SkepticTank
30 Jan 08, 04:54:47 AM
Good idea MP.

Monkey Pants
31 Jan 08, 01:15:03 PM
Hey - vote you bastards!

trillian
31 Jan 08, 02:41:35 PM
I think this should be the winner:
11pm GMT / 6pm EST / 3pm PST

I would find earlier times acceptable if the game threads didnt go silent at the deadline. The deadline would be the time we had to get a vote in or whatever, but the game talk continued after that (except for the person lynched). Then the game can "start up" with the night action results at a deignated time so people who have "off" hours can still participate in the game.

did that make sense?

ELV
31 Jan 08, 03:47:25 PM
It makes sense. That would be odd though.

th1nk3r
31 Jan 08, 05:13:19 PM
voted for everything... i don't have a fixed schedule, i can adjust to any program.

Shponglefan
20 Feb 08, 04:16:17 PM
I think this should be the winner:
11pm GMT / 6pm EST / 3pm PST

I think it should be several hours later. Unfortunately, I work all day (and can't play at work) and don't get home until 6 pm EST. Even 1 more hour and I could participate in these games.

the WORST elf
20 Feb 08, 04:19:03 PM
I think we should do a second poll with only the top 8 vote getters. The results of such a large range can be misleading. Monkeypants, make it so!

Pavlov's Dog
20 Feb 08, 04:25:14 PM
How about the GM picks the deadlines, based on the needs and participants of each game? I mean, we should do something like this before each game, after sign-up and before start.

Monkey Pants
21 Feb 08, 07:05:12 AM
How about the GM picks the deadlines, based on the needs and participants of each game?

That's why I made it a public poll. The general curve gives a good indication for starting points, but you can then look at who voted to see if that matches your individual players...

The Tick
6 May 08, 11:10:13 PM
By the way... there's typo "5am GMT / 12pm EST / 9am PST" should be "9pm GMT / 12pm EST / 9am PST".

Sarpedon
23 Jun 08, 02:33:36 PM
You know what, I don't care, so long as days don't happen completely over the weekend. I hate coming back after a weekend and finding I've been lynched without having a chance to say anything about it.