PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker Day Three

Nightson
19 Dec 07, 04:29:34 PM
As you all stumble out of your beds, slightly worse from the wear from copious amounts of alcohol you all consumed, you stumble upon the body of Norseman a dagger slipped into his back as he was making his way back from the privies.

You all turn to look at your new Queen Trillian for guidance, will she be able to lead you through this grand mess?

1. Ad Adsurdum
2. Hoenir
3. ELV
4. Beren
5. Skeptic Tank
6. Tears in the Rain
7. Imaginary Mark
8. Jacey
9. Plognark
10. mefistooooooooo
11. Matt
12. d0t
13. Tom Sawyer
14. damian
15. trillian
16. beyelzu
17. th1nk3r
18. mrickaby
19. Spenser
20. enigma
21. jamesbannon
22. Norseman
23. Deadlokd

Imaginary Mark
19 Dec 07, 04:31:46 PM
Were either of those random choices?

Spenser
19 Dec 07, 04:51:02 PM
Well, trill seems like a choice Jacey would make.

trillian
19 Dec 07, 05:00:00 PM
Oh man oh man. Now I really have to go read all those posts I only skimmed before. And I am sick from my sister's snotty "oh but she's not really sick, it's just the altitude!" 2 year old kid.

I will do my best to find a scum though!

Spenser
19 Dec 07, 05:08:48 PM
OK, I think we have to go about this whole game exactly as if it were normal mafia or else we are going to give this game to the scum. I suggest no more multiple votes, make sure that you do vote and if you change that you unvote. We should keep a legitimate tally and any King that doesn't go along with the towns lynch vote, unless maybe one off from a tie or something, should be highly suspect.

And with that it has been so fucking long I forgot who, if anyone, I even remotely suspected.

Tears On My Dong
19 Dec 07, 05:16:29 PM
I agree for the most part, but I'm telling you right now that if I get made king and I have someone I am sure is scum, I will execute them regardless of the vote count. I guess that's my ass on the line if I'm wrong.

So far I don't have much. The scum's targets don't seem to tell us anything.

For now, I vote Ad Absurdum.

SkepticTank
19 Dec 07, 05:29:58 PM
d0t and Beren should be crossed off the list.

And just to honor Beren's thoughts, I'll vote Imaginary Mark

Imaginary Mark
19 Dec 07, 05:32:55 PM
Do you really think I'm scum, ST?

Plognark
19 Dec 07, 05:35:39 PM
Kill 'em all and let god sort em out.

SkepticTank
19 Dec 07, 05:37:13 PM
I'm not sure Mark, but since Beren turned up town, it's about the only thing I have to go on.

I'm certainly willing to change my vote if something better comes up.

Spenser
19 Dec 07, 05:49:24 PM
http://www.giftube.com/gifs/1437.gif

Imaginary Mark
19 Dec 07, 09:56:13 PM
I went back through Norseman's history to see if anything stood out and I didn't find too much.

Day 1:
Spenser does a random vote Norseman early on.
Norseman votes for himself and talks about possibly being the hero.
Plog says, Ok! I'll vote for you.
Spenser changes his vote to a serious vote of Norseman.
He is called the "bastard love child of Th1nk3r and Beyelzu" :)

Day 2:
Norseman has only one post: "Vote:Not enough information, let the KM decide randomly"
Spenser sort of half FOS's Norseman
Imaginary Mark votes for Beren but I say I wouldn't mind voting for Norseman either.

So maybe the scum thought they might get the hero.

Spenser and I come out looking the most suspicious. Maybe one of us is being set up. Or not.

The final possibility, and the one I think is most likely, is that they killed th1nk3r first, and then his protégé. :D

Tom Sawyer
20 Dec 07, 05:07:18 AM
I still have no clue here.

What I do know is that everytime I think that Spenser's town, he's scum, and everytime I think he's scum, he's town.

I think he's town in this game, so that's a major scum tell against Spenser.

SkepticTank
20 Dec 07, 06:33:00 AM
Well, that's not WIFOM at all...

Jacey
20 Dec 07, 07:21:38 AM

What I do know is that everytime I think that Spenser's town, he's scum, and everytime I think he's scum, he's town.

You did the same thing with me the first three games you played over here as well..........

Marcus
20 Dec 07, 07:22:39 AM
Checking in, do not have a vote yet.

jamesbannon
20 Dec 07, 07:53:47 AM
We're not doing too well are we? I'll admit to being a bit lost and having no clue as to who the scum are at present. We haven't enough information so I'll go with my gut again: vote Damian for now.

the WORST elf
20 Dec 07, 09:08:41 AM
Just checking in. I'm going to throw out a vote for ST.

His execution of Beren and his strong hints about going after IM if Beren was innocent just feels wrong in my gut.

SkepticTank
20 Dec 07, 09:13:00 AM
Ouch, the king follows the demands of the people and still gets voted at.

Spenser
20 Dec 07, 10:20:25 AM
I can see this game has progressed a lot since yesterday. I'll make the decision easy for you Tom, I think you even saying that is scummy Vote: Tom Sawyer

Marcus
20 Dec 07, 10:38:15 AM
random.org says vote number 9.

vote plognark

Tears On My Dong
20 Dec 07, 01:00:57 PM

This is completely insane. I like it.

vote Spenser

Spenser
20 Dec 07, 01:02:27 PM
Wait, what am I still doing alive???

Imaginary Mark
20 Dec 07, 01:28:57 PM
Tally time:

1. Ad Adsurdum
2. Hoenir
3. ELV
5. Skeptic Tank - Imaginary Mark
6. Tears in the Rain - Ad Absurdum - Spenser
7. Imaginary Mark
8. Jacey
9. Plognark
10. mefistooooooooo - Plog
11. Matt
13. Tom Sawyer
14. damian - ST
15. trillian
16. beyelzu
18. mrickaby
19. Spenser - Tom Sawyer
20. enigma
21. jamesbannon - Damian
23. Deadlokd

Ad Absurdum - 0
Imaginary Mark - 1
Damian - 1
ST - 1
Tom Sawyer - 1
Plog - 1
Spenser - 1

trillian
20 Dec 07, 01:45:20 PM
I would have liked to push the execute button this afternoon but many people haven't posted or voted yet.

I am getting my own list together now. I may not share it until everyone else has chimed in so as not to influence anything.

Plognark
20 Dec 07, 01:51:14 PM
random.org says vote number 9.

vote plognark

Yes, for the love of all that is good and holy, put me out of my misery in this extraordinarily long and inactive game. :SNARKY:

Matt
20 Dec 07, 01:54:53 PM
vote Spenser

Spenser
20 Dec 07, 01:57:11 PM
This isn't a Who's the coolest Admin poll just so you know.

enigma
20 Dec 07, 02:30:20 PM
Does this game have a seppuku option?

Spenser
20 Dec 07, 02:40:20 PM
I don't know but I play a wicked sudoku!

Imaginary Mark
20 Dec 07, 02:46:42 PM
We're not doing too well are we? I'll admit to being a bit lost and having no clue as to who the scum are at present. We haven't enough information so I'll go with my gut again: vote Damian for now.

I looked at your posts the last two days.

Your first post Day 1

Boy page 2 already and nobody's really said anything except that the King wants to execute me for some reason. Oh well, can't please everybody I suppose.

The only person whose behaving a bit oddly at the moment is Damian so vote Damian.

Your first post day 2 (which you eventually switched to Beren)

OK so 2 townies down with no clues. I wonder why the scum didn't execute Jacey last night and went for think3r instead ... odd or maybe my thinking is just as bad as yesterday.

I'll stick with yesterday's vote for now vote Damian

Why haven't you provided any reason for these votes? It just seems like an easy way to stay under the radar by voting for the same person every day and saying it's "just your gut".

I'll vote jamesbannon.

Imaginary Mark
20 Dec 07, 02:49:26 PM
new tally

1. Ad Adsurdum
2. Hoenir
3. ELV
5. Skeptic Tank - Imaginary Mark
6. Tears in the Rain - Ad Absurdum - Spenser
7. Imaginary Mark - jamesbannon
8. Jacey
9. Plognark
10. mefistooooooooo - Plog
11. Matt - Spenser
13. Tom Sawyer
14. damian - ST
15. trillian
16. beyelzu
18. mrickaby
19. Spenser - Tom Sawyer
20. enigma
21. jamesbannon - Damian
23. Deadlokd

Ad Absurdum - 0
Imaginary Mark - 1
Damian - 1
ST - 1
Tom Sawyer - 1
Plog - 1
Spenser - 2
jamesbannon - 1

Spenser
20 Dec 07, 02:59:48 PM
Since there are two votes on me I will go along with your reasoning IM.

Unvote, Vote: Jamesbannon

mrickaby
20 Dec 07, 03:15:32 PM
I don't agree with the idea of either Beren or IMark is/was scum, seems too early for things like that to come up. Right now, I don't think Mark has seemed very scummy, I am trying to weigh him on his own merits.

I do agree with his reasoning, however, that jamesbannon trying to hide in plain sight. Maybe if he had more to go on than a gut feeling to vote for the same person day after day he would be willing to share it with the rest of us to make a convincing argument.

vote: jamesbannon for now.

Tears On My Dong
20 Dec 07, 04:07:10 PM
Instead of having multiple votes, I'm just going to make a suspects list:

jamesbannon
Ad Absurdum
Spenser
SkepticTank

Other people have already given the reasoning for suspecting jamesbannon. Something just seems a little off.

I thought it was a little odd that Bradshaw was saying, "come on guys, this is going to be fun". He generally seems to hate being a plain townie and this one is more boring than normal. I didn't bring it up right away because I was hoping he would give a little more to go on, but then trillian said the same thing I was thinking.

I don't really have anything concrete about Spenser, just a vague hunch combined with the idea of Tom Sawyer as a kind of rl "insane cop".

SkepticTank gave me the impression he was trying too hard to keep his hands clean as king. He didn't really do anything himself, just took forever waiting for everyone else to come up with a majority.

I don't suspect damian. He seems clean so far. Imaginary Mark seems legit too. I don't think we need to play the "if Beren is good, IM is bad" game. That kind of thinking isn't useful at this point. The same thing applies to trillian (and me) if Bradshaw turns up town.

I'll reread the threads later tonight and see if I come up with anything else or change my mind about something.

trillian
20 Dec 07, 05:01:35 PM
Ok, I won't execute today, but I will do so tomorrow whenever Nightson gets out of bed. Probably 2pm.

I will say that JBannon is on my list with one positive mark and 2 negatives which puts him in the suspect pile.

What happened to beyelzu? He is usually much more talkative in these things that I had to recheck if he was dead.

Spenser
20 Dec 07, 05:09:02 PM
Another day? :doh:

trillian
20 Dec 07, 05:49:45 PM
Nothing I can do if he isn't online.

Ad Absurdum
20 Dec 07, 05:50:00 PM
I thought it was a little odd that Bradshaw was saying, "come on guys, this is going to be fun". He generally seems to hate being a plain townie and this one is more boring than normal. I didn't bring it up right away because I was hoping he would give a little more to go on, but then trillian said the same thing I was thinking.

:rolleyes:

It seems that no matter what I do, its always manages to be suspect in someway through your eyes.

Anyway, yes, this game is boring. Since I made that post my hopes have been thoroughly dashed. This is boring as hell.

Imaginary Mark
20 Dec 07, 06:14:03 PM
What happened to beyelzu? He is usually much more talkative in these things that I had to recheck if he was dead.

I was wondering that earlier but I forgot to check up on it. I'm glad you reminded me. I just looked and he hasn't been on here in two days.

He disappeared for a couple days in a previous game too. I think there might be a couple days out of the week where he's busy in the evenings.

Tom Sawyer
20 Dec 07, 08:33:15 PM
Wow. Over a day now and we're still on page #2. With no special abilities and no one posting, everything's just kind of a shot in the dark. It's not like lynch the quiet ones will be a strategy that would narrow anything down with everyone being quiet and there's not really many posts to base decisions on.

We need to speed this thing up.

Deadlokd
21 Dec 07, 01:41:24 AM
This isn't a Who's the coolest Admin poll just so you know.

We've already done that one. TOM won, but we think he may have rigged it.

I think Ad Ab is acting weird, he's bi-polaring. And just because Spenser is saying how boring it is yet still manages to have the highest post count, these are two very serious votes.

Vote Ad Absurdum
Vote Spenser.

Spenser
21 Dec 07, 09:02:26 AM
So much for my plan of sticking to one vote to make this more like regular mafia. And yeah, I am posting a lot cause it would be nice if this ended up resembling a fun game of mafia. But come on, do you not think it has been boring as shit? Its definitely not the type of game that is going to encourage the n00bs to stick around for another or even get new n00bs for that matter.

SkepticTank
21 Dec 07, 09:05:24 AM
Yes it's boring, so what do you suggest? We just quick lynch every 24 hours? That worked out real well for Beren didn't it?

Tears On My Dong
21 Dec 07, 09:17:15 AM
Yeah, taking 3 days sitting around doing nothing helped a lot. Let's fucking get on with it.

trillian
21 Dec 07, 09:50:29 AM
OK. When I see him back I'll put an order in. So get your thoughts/votes in before then- whenever that may be (he doesn't seem to be online very much at all). I think I may just go with majority as I'm not very confident in any of my own accusations so far.

SkepticTank
21 Dec 07, 09:56:13 AM
If anybody is confident at all in their guesses they should be arguing strongly for them. Nobody seems to be terribly convinced.

As king a majority guess is safer than your own guess. :)

Ad Absurdum
21 Dec 07, 09:57:22 AM
I think part of the problem is that no one wants to say "JUST KILL SOMEONE" because that simultaneously puts them on the chopping block :P

SkepticTank
21 Dec 07, 10:06:49 AM
Tears just said it...

Anyone have a vote summary?

Spenser
21 Dec 07, 10:25:05 AM
Yes it's boring, so what do you suggest? We just quick lynch every 24 hours?

YES! The quicker this one is over the quicker we can get to the next one.

Marcus
21 Dec 07, 10:49:37 AM
When the game first started, I was vocal against just voting to get the game over. I thought that anyone who wanted to get the lynches moving was scum. I am now bored with the game and I want to get the lynches moving.

For those of you who forgot, I was the first person to go after Beren, and we saw how that turned out.

Justsayin.

Imaginary Mark
21 Dec 07, 11:02:36 AM
JamesBannon has been on today, although he didn't make any posts.

trillian
21 Dec 07, 11:12:40 AM
As king a majority guess is safer than your own guess. :)

The downside to that is that if the mafia are the ones putting out a good portion the votes. Without the majority posting or voting, this could happen- especially since scum may be the main ones that have roles of any interest in the game.

The weird thing about this game is that scum dont really have to do shit to stay under radar. They don't have to worry about getting viewed or night killed so can be as silent or vocal as they like. And they arent here trying to draw out town specials because there aren't any. Without the specials, there just isn't much to talk about. And without much to talk about, there isn't much to go on to find scum.

Spenser
21 Dec 07, 12:22:49 PM
I keep seeing your name as the last post here and check hoping to see the word EXECUTE but alas I keep getting let down.

trillian
21 Dec 07, 12:38:33 PM
I keep seeing your name as the last post here and check hoping to see the word EXECUTE but alas I keep getting let down.

Well, I'm just trying to get over the urge to execute you, my dear.

Looks like Nightson is here so.....

EXECUTE: JamesBannon

Maybe we could turn this into a reverse KENO game where we win if we manage to kill all the townies and no scum.

Nightson
21 Dec 07, 12:56:51 PM
My internet is being bad randomly so I have to keep this short.

You all kill jamesbannon, he's town, it's now night, send me choices.