PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker Day Two

Nightson
13 Dec 07, 08:29:56 PM
The day breaks, everyone slowly makes their way out of bed. All but one person that is. As everyone makes their way into the hall they are greeted by a gruesome sight. th1nk3r has been placed on the vacant throne of the true king with a second smile.

But in the lighter side of the news, Skeptic Tank has been declared the second King of Kingmaker. Reign well your Imperial Majesty.

1. Ad Adsurdum
2. Hoenir
3. ELV
4. Beren
5. Skeptic Tank
6. Tears in the Rain
7. Imaginary Mark
8. Jacey
9. Plognark
10. mefistooooooooo
11. Matt
12. d0t
13. Tom Sawyer
14. damian
15. trillian
16. beyelzu
17. th1nk3r
18. mrickaby
19. Spenser
20. enigma
21. jamesbannon
22. Norseman
23. Deadlokd

the WORST elf
13 Dec 07, 08:55:51 PM
why the fuck did he make ST the king? I thought ST was one of the more suspicious fuckers from day 1.

Matt
13 Dec 07, 09:01:20 PM
If ST could, he'd lynch every one of us.

vote: nobody, as we still don't have a damned piece of a clue to work with

enigma
13 Dec 07, 09:03:10 PM
Suggested course of action:

While (Game Continues):
KM.identity.claim()
If (Player.identity.ClaimsKM() is not Unique):
Suspect = All Player.identity.ClaimsKM()
n = Random(time) mod (# of suspect)
Execute(Suspect[n])
If (Suspect[n] is Town):
Execute(all Suspect)
Else:
Execute(KM.lynchvote.target)
End While

SkepticTank
13 Dec 07, 09:04:40 PM
why the fuck did he make ST the king? I thought ST was one of the more suspicious fuckers from day 1.

each of you get one extra vote at the end of the day. Now behave!

ELV
13 Dec 07, 09:08:54 PM
vote everyone - jacey

Imaginary Mark
13 Dec 07, 09:13:34 PM
I'm kind of surprised to see them take out th1nk3r. Maybe someone had a grudge against him or something.

Anyway, vote Beren

I thought his play at the end of the day was suspicious.

Tears On My Dong
13 Dec 07, 09:50:05 PM
vote SkepticTank

Tom Sawyer
14 Dec 07, 06:06:51 AM
Well, we still don't have a whole lot to work with. I don't recall th1nk3r really going after anyone yesterday, so did he try to kill someone with his zombies last game or something?

Plognark
14 Dec 07, 06:18:17 AM
vote: whoever

You're all suspect!! :SNARKY:

Tom Sawyer
14 Dec 07, 06:24:08 AM

Suspecting people is a scum tell.

Vote Plognark

jamesbannon
14 Dec 07, 06:32:39 AM
OK so 2 townies down with no clues. I wonder why the scum didn't execute Jacey last night and went for think3r instead ... odd or maybe my thinking is just as bad as yesterday.

I'll stick with yesterday's vote for now vote Damian

Beren
14 Dec 07, 06:34:27 AM
You just seem so scummy. No idea why. My scumdar is just flashing at every post you make. =P

Vote jamesbannon

jamesbannon
14 Dec 07, 07:51:36 AM
O yeah Beren, I hit think3r last night. :p

SkepticTank
14 Dec 07, 08:00:54 AM
OK so 2 townies down with no clues. I wonder why the scum didn't execute Jacey last night and went for think3r instead ... odd or maybe my thinking is just as bad as yesterday.

Why would it be advantageous for scum to take out the kingmaker? I'm not saying you're wrong today (like I was yesterday), just wondering why you think Jacey would be a better target than Th!nkr?

jamesbannon
14 Dec 07, 08:16:47 AM
It just seems to me that the longer the scum leave the King Maker in that position, the more likely the King Maker will get a handle on who the scum are. Of course this applies to all the townies so maybe it's not such an advantage after all.

SkepticTank
14 Dec 07, 08:20:53 AM
Ok, ELV made a good point yesterday:

(sorry if this post may be a bit late, I had to restart my computer to get the internet to work :mad:)

There's no reason it makes the KM a prime target.

It allows the assassins to make a kill that gives the town no information. Killings happen for a reason and if that reason is that the target is kingmaker, no further insight can be gained as there would be if a random townsperson with enemies and allies were killed.

If the KM keeps outing themselves, the assassins could kill the KM each night and cause the town's numbers to dwindle without betraying anything about who they may be.

So, following that logic, there had to be a reason to kill th1nkr instead of Jacey. He only posted 5 times yesterday, and nothing very substantial IMO:
http://www.rantsnraves.org/search.php?searchid=148785

He voted for d0t (who was killed and was town), and for Jacey before he outed as KM, so it's not like he fingered scum, and that's why he was offed....

Of course if he had correctly fingered scum, and was killed, then we'd have a list, but the scum would have known that, and not killed him, and I'm starting to WIFOM.

SkepticTank
14 Dec 07, 08:25:33 AM
It just seems to me that the longer the scum leave the King Maker in that position, the more likely the King Maker will get a handle on who the scum are. Of course this applies to all the townies so maybe it's not such an advantage after all.

I don't see how it gives the KM any more information then it gives the rest of the town, so I don't understand how killing him (or leaving him alive) makes any difference to the scum.

jamesbannon
14 Dec 07, 08:26:53 AM
That's why think3r seemed like such an odd target. He didn't finger anyone before he was hit as you say, though he did after he was killed in the Peanut Gallery. Why go for a random hit when there was a target staring them in the face? (I'm assuming Jacey's claim of King Maker is true since no other person has outed yet).

mrickaby
14 Dec 07, 08:41:33 AM
I have gone from having no idea what was going on to being confused about what is going on. I am very surprised that Jacey is still alive, it seemed like a good assumption that he would have been killed last night.

Who would have it out for th1nk3r to make him the first nightkill?

I am looking at JB right now, have to go through yesterday again to see if I can pick anything up.

Marcus
14 Dec 07, 09:12:06 AM
I do not think that we should spend too much time trying to figure out why the scum killed th1nk3r on N1. I am not sure it will do us much good trying to figure out why a particular person was NK as the scum could just go random like they did a few games back.

I am slightly surprised that they didn't NK Jacey, but not overly so, he doesn't know anything that the rest of the town doesn't already know.

Vote Beren for rushing the kill yesterday.

Beren
14 Dec 07, 09:19:24 AM

Forgive me for breaking a trend of week long first days. :rolleyes:

Spenser
14 Dec 07, 09:19:43 AM
Vote- Hangover

SkepticTank
14 Dec 07, 10:34:54 AM

Deadlokd and Matt were pushing for it...

justsayin...

ETA:
Unless there a majority, or at least a very dominant plurality, I'll probably let this day go until Sunday evening.

Lets find some scum!

the WORST elf
14 Dec 07, 10:36:08 AM
You just seem so scummy. No idea why. My scumdar is just flashing at every post you make. =P

Vote jamesbannon

Then why didn't you execute him last night?

Ad Absurdum
14 Dec 07, 10:38:45 AM
I'm kind of surprised to see them take out th1nk3r. Maybe someone had a grudge against him or something.

Anyway, vote Beren

lol thats hillarious actually. Thinker is dead day one. lol!

Spenser
14 Dec 07, 10:41:45 AM

Anyway, vote Beren

If Jacey weren't the outed Kingmaker I would totally suspect him...

Ad Absurdum
14 Dec 07, 10:44:11 AM

I appreciate you doing that, actually.

I'm stuck with a feeling of complete powerlessness, nothing I do will really change seeing as our votes don't matter. Whatever. vote everyone :p

Spenser
14 Dec 07, 10:48:28 AM
Vote: Beren, Ad Absurdum, Jamesbannon, Plog, TOm Sawyer, Tears, Enigma, Matt and Nightson

...for non-King avatars ITT (unless I am missing something)

Beren
14 Dec 07, 11:21:20 AM
Hannibal is the fucking king.

Marcus
14 Dec 07, 11:31:29 AM

No, I will not forgive you for rushing a kill on a townie that the town did not vote to condemn.

I appreciate you doing that, actually.

I'm stuck with a feeling of complete powerlessness, nothing I do will really change seeing as our votes don't matter. Whatever. vote everyone :p

You are not completely powerless. Forget the kingmaker crap and pretend this is straight up Mafia. The king should be following the town vote, and not wildcatting, if the king does this, he should be killed as suspected scum. The king should act more like a chairman of the board, he should set deadlines if he feels the deliberations are taking too long. If he thinks the town is picking the wrong person, he should convince them in thread like everyone else.

Read me (http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_be_a_good_Townie)

Beren
14 Dec 07, 11:34:26 AM
unvote, vote mefisto. General ass-hattery.

To everyone: I don't apologize in the slightest for yesterday. I was told to kill the quiet ones, and I picked someone with very few posts who hadn't posted in quite a few hours. Now, please stop being stupid about it.

Imaginary Mark
14 Dec 07, 11:39:01 AM

Both of you have made only one post and they are both conspicuously lacking in content. To you guys and the other people who aren't saying anything, do you really have NO opinions or thoughts to share?

Imaginary Mark
14 Dec 07, 11:40:33 AM
You are not completely powerless. Forget the kingmaker crap and pretend this is straight up Mafia. The king should be following the town vote, and not wildcatting, if the king does this, he should be killed as suspected scum. The king should act more like a chairman of the board, he should set deadlines if he feels the deliberations are taking too long. If he thinks the town is picking the wrong person, he should convince them in thread like everyone else.

Read me (http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_be_a_good_Townie)

I agree.

jamesbannon
14 Dec 07, 11:41:14 AM
Heh... it seems everyone thinks I'm behaving suspiciously this game :) Just for the hell of it I'll go with Mefisto's reasoning unvote; vote Beren.

Imaginary Mark
14 Dec 07, 11:42:02 AM
To everyone: I don't apologize in the slightest for yesterday. I was told to kill the quiet ones, and I picked someone with very few posts who hadn't posted in quite a few hours. Now, please stop being stupid about it.

My vote's staying on you, Beren.

the WORST elf
14 Dec 07, 11:45:08 AM

Both of you have made only one post and they are both conspicuously lacking in content. To you guys and the other people who aren't saying anything, do you really have NO opinions or thoughts to share?

I have no thoughts to share, but the current conflict is interesting and I suspect my eventual vote will be based on how it plays out.

Honestly, I don't think Beren's execution choice was suspicious, but I'm interested in the early/recalled execution of JamesBannon, JB's subsequent suspicion of me for wanting rule clarification, and the present fingers pointing at Beren and vice versa.

Beren
14 Dec 07, 11:48:10 AM
Honestly, I don't think Beren's execution choice was suspicious, but I'm interested in the early/recalled execution of JamesBannon, JB's subsequent suspicion of me for wanting rule clarification, and the present fingers pointing at Beren and vice versa.

From yesterday? Random Number Generator. =P And random feeling.

No one else seemed to think the same about JB, so I dropped it. I've said this same thing repeatedly.

Beren
14 Dec 07, 11:49:47 AM
I find it rather suspicious, these three or so people voting for me out of the blue, with no real information on why. If I have to be killed to show they're being scummy, whatever, this game isn't going to last terribly long anyway. So feel free to execute, at least it'll give the town information, which is more than anyone else is doing.

the WORST elf
14 Dec 07, 11:50:07 AM

No one else seemed to think the same about JB, so I dropped it. I've said this same thing repeatedly.

I'm not talking about that one thing in isolation, just the sequence of finger pointing that followed.

Beren
14 Dec 07, 11:52:36 AM

I'm not talking about that one thing in isolation, just the sequence of finger pointing that followed.

*sighs*

No idea why. My scumdar is just flashing at every post you make. =P

Spenser
14 Dec 07, 11:53:14 AM
I'm posting no real info today cause my head fucking hurts. I still think Norseman's logic is wacky but can't decided if that is scummy or just n00b.

the WORST elf
14 Dec 07, 11:53:30 AM

*sighs*

Dude, quit being retarded. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU.

jamesbannon
14 Dec 07, 12:11:45 PM

*sighs*

I'm curious as to why in this game people think I'm scum. Can you enlighten me please? I went with Mefisto's reasoning on Beren because, to be quite frank, I have no real idea who the scum are.

Marcus
14 Dec 07, 12:26:30 PM

I am not as concerned with the choice as I am with how it was chosen. I am not sure that the town would have chosen better, but quick days with little discussion are not in the towns interest IMO.

Marcus
14 Dec 07, 12:27:44 PM

What did I say that was ass-hattish?

Beren
14 Dec 07, 12:40:08 PM

*sighs*

You never said that, genius. I didn't see anyone else pointing fingers at him, either.

Beren
14 Dec 07, 12:41:20 PM

What did I say that was ass-hattish?

No, I will not forgive you for rushing a kill on a townie that the town did not vote to condemn.

People said to lynch the quiet ones. I did.

Imaginary Mark
14 Dec 07, 12:44:22 PM

There's a chance that the lightning quick kill of d0t without giving him a chance to respond and without giving the town a chance to weigh in on that particular decision was just poor town play and not a scum move but I think there's a reasonable chance it was scum and it's the best I have to go on at this point.

Like you, I also found the whole situation around the early/recalled execution of JB interesting and would like to hear more.

I'm posting no real info today cause my head fucking hurts. I still think Norseman's logic is wacky but can't decided if that is scummy or just n00b.

Norseman is another one I wouldn't mind voting for, although as you say, his actions might not mean anything other than him being n00b (and kind of weird).

jamesbannon
14 Dec 07, 02:05:41 PM
I have no idea why Beren made that move other than it was just a mistake on his part.

Hoenir
14 Dec 07, 02:10:41 PM
I don't see the problem with the lightning quick kill. At this point, anything that could be said is complete speculation. I can't think of anything that anyone could have said that could be trusted. I'm not sure why d0t, but then I can't see a reason for any person over another.

Spenser
14 Dec 07, 02:25:13 PM
I am 100% bored with this game already. The minimum 24 hours between lynch is retarded as is this complete lack of info. The only special in the game sucks and I get the sense I am not the only one who feels this way.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ad Absurdum
14 Dec 07, 02:49:34 PM
I am 100% bored with this game already. The minimum 24 hours between lynch is retarded as is this complete lack of info. The only special in the game sucks and I get the sense I am not the only one who feels this way.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lets let it play for a little bit before making too rash of judgments, eh?

Matt
14 Dec 07, 02:52:27 PM
vote Spenser.

This game's boring, but he's being way too damn interested and vocal for somebody that claims to be bored.

Spenser
14 Dec 07, 02:54:43 PM
Its going to get worse when we have an idea of who the scum are and have to wait 24 hours before lynching them. The point of Mafia as opposed to Werewolf is no time limit, meaning the first few days usually take a few days in real life but towards the end you can get several days in one real life day.

beyelzu
14 Dec 07, 02:56:48 PM
I have gone from having no idea what was going on to being confused about what is going on. I am very surprised that Jacey is still alive, it seemed like a good assumption that he would have been killed last night.

Who would have it out for th1nk3r to make him the first nightkill?

I am looking at JB right now, have to go through yesterday again to see if I can pick anything up.

vote mrickaby

cuz i find him scummy

probably its the whole reiteration of thoughts others have had coupled with a got to reread the thread message.

to me this post reeks of scumminess

Spenser
14 Dec 07, 02:57:20 PM
vote Spenser.

This game's boring, but he's being way too damn interested and vocal for somebody that claims to be bored.

Sure. I want to be motivated about the game that is why I am here but it frustrates me to think about how we will always have a 24 hour minimum.

What sucks is dead or not I have to wait the same amount of time for the next one.

Jacey
14 Dec 07, 03:00:56 PM

Because of the way he played, I thought the opposite, and that's why

beyelzu
14 Dec 07, 03:01:43 PM
if we voted to lynch spenser everytime he bitched in mafia about being bored, he would never live past the first day.

beyelzu
14 Dec 07, 03:02:26 PM

Because of the way he played, I thought the opposite, and that's why

for once im not suspicious of you jacey,

could be the whole unopposed role claim thing

:)

Matt
14 Dec 07, 03:03:35 PM
if we voted to lynch spenser everytime he bitched in mafia about being bored, he would never live past the first day.

Considering, at least in games I've played with him, he's been scum 4/5 times, I think I'll go with the Anti-Gambler's Fallacy on this one.

Jacey
14 Dec 07, 03:06:56 PM
To follow up from page 1, the mafia are going to kill a pro-town every day. I'm the only confirmed pro-town. As such, other townies can trust me but I don't trust any of you. However, with no PMs, this means little.

If the mafia kill me, yippee, that means there's a new confirmed pro-townie if they out as Kingmaker. If there are two who out as KM, obviously one is mafia. If more than one do the "I'm Spartacus" deal, then even better.

It is definitely not in the mafia's interests to kill me, but they can feel free.

Lots of snow up here, bah

Spenser
14 Dec 07, 03:10:22 PM

Considering, at least in games I've played with him, he's been scum 4/5 times, I think I'll go with the Anti-Gambler's Fallacy on this one.

Really? I don't remember being scum that much, I know I was two games ago in the All Info Mafia. I know you and your crew made me scum in Jacey's F up game. Other than that I am trying to recall. I have been at IIDB, even there not often and that was before you were playing anyhow.

I have always wanted to be the informant but I get the sense if I ever get that role I'll be killed by scum before I can find them.

jamesbannon
14 Dec 07, 03:27:50 PM
Where is the King anyway?

Spenser
14 Dec 07, 03:38:12 PM
Where is your fucking king avatar??? :waiting:

jamesbannon
14 Dec 07, 04:19:51 PM
I am an animal, not a king. I've never wanted to be a king and I don't intend to start now.

Tears On My Dong
14 Dec 07, 04:55:59 PM
I guess the 24 hour minimum is good because it gives everyone a chance to check in, but this could really drag.

jamesbannon
14 Dec 07, 05:52:32 PM
I'm off to bed now guys. See you all later if I don't get executed. Be well everyone.

SkepticTank
14 Dec 07, 07:06:35 PM
Where is the King anyway?

I'm here. I left work early to go have hostage negotiations with my ex-wife. Anyone have a vote tally? I think it's pretty spread out again right now.

I guess the 24 hour minimum is good because it gives everyone a chance to check in, but this could really drag.

It's not bad now, but it's gonna suck toward the end when we finally figure out who the scum are. I'd really like a decent plurality if not an outright majority before I order an execution.

mrickaby
14 Dec 07, 07:23:31 PM
probably its the whole reiteration of thoughts others have had coupled with a got to reread the thread message.

I blame it on the fever the last couple days and falling asleep before I got to go back through everything earlier today. I have no idea about anything thus far, if I was going to vote for anyone it would be on basically nothing, so I am going to abstain for now. I don't want a random vote to sway a majority.

Deadlokd
15 Dec 07, 01:18:33 AM
I'm around but since we learnt nothing about yesterday I have nothing to add.

Tom Sawyer
15 Dec 07, 06:46:54 AM
I can't really blame Beren for the end of the day lynch on d0t. He had no more info than the rest of us and was being pushed to vote for someone, so the random stab in the dark was as good as anything else.

Tom Sawyer
15 Dec 07, 06:48:56 AM
Rules question.

If we did want to lynch Beren, is there any way for us to do this, or do we just have to sit around adn wait until he decided to execute the Hero before he dies?

Tears On My Dong
15 Dec 07, 06:50:29 AM
The king can execute him if he wants.

Tom Sawyer
15 Dec 07, 07:04:34 AM
The king can execute him if he wants.

My bad. I didn't realize that the king was changing each day. I thought we were stuck if we got a mafia in there.

Never mind.

Spenser
15 Dec 07, 01:49:56 PM
Vote: Tom Sawyer

The rules should be pretty clear by now. Seems like a possible cover.

Imaginary Mark
15 Dec 07, 02:37:37 PM
1. Ad Adsurdum
2. Hoenir
3. ELV
4. Beren - mefisto (voted for JB earlier)
5. Skeptic Tank
6. Tears in the Rain - ST
7. Imaginary Mark - Beren (Also ok with Norseman)
8. Jacey
9. Plognark
10. mefistooooooooo - Beren
11. Matt - Spenser
13. Tom Sawyer - Plog
14. damian
15. trillian
16. beyelzu - mrickaby
18. mrickaby
19. Spenser Tom Sawyer (also FOS Norseman?)
20. enigma
21. jamesbannon - Beren (voted for Damian earlier)
22. Norseman
23. Deadlokd

Beren - 3
mefisto - 1
ST - 1
Spenser - 1
Plog - 1
mrickaby - 1
Tom S - 1

Tom Sawyer
15 Dec 07, 04:01:38 PM
Isn't this day over yet?

For a game where nothing's happening and nobody's posting too much, it's certainly taking it's time.

ELV
15 Dec 07, 04:08:59 PM
Its not over until Skeptic Tank executes someone.

SkepticTank
15 Dec 07, 04:19:33 PM
I was gonna wait until Sunday evening US time unless there's a pretty strong majority by then. According to IM's count, Beren has a slight lead right now, but I don't see it as strong enough to do a quick kill.

No PM Mafia is always slow the first few days.

Plognark
15 Dec 07, 04:20:05 PM
Isn't this day over yet?

For a game where nothing's happening and nobody's posting too much, it's certainly taking it's time.

I vote Tom Sawyer, because he voted for me, and it's all meaningless anyways :SNARKY:

Deadlokd
15 Dec 07, 04:29:37 PM
I vote for ELV 'cause no one else has.

ELV
15 Dec 07, 04:37:40 PM
Meanie

Deadlokd
15 Dec 07, 05:07:01 PM
Hardly. I didn't want you to feel left out.

Tears On My Dong
15 Dec 07, 05:08:41 PM
unvote

vote Tom Sawyer for not reading the rules

vote beyelzu for not being crazy enough

vote Beren for editing posts

vote Matt for his weird gambler/nongambler fallacy

vote Spenser and damian just in case

vote Tears for voting too much

Norseman
15 Dec 07, 06:25:13 PM
Vote:Not enough information, let the KM decide randomly

Ad Absurdum
15 Dec 07, 06:26:23 PM
I was gonna wait until Sunday evening US time unless there's a pretty strong majority by then. According to IM's count, Beren has a slight lead right now, but I don't see it as strong enough to do a quick kill.

Please make a decision :)

...soo.... boring....

Beren
15 Dec 07, 07:53:19 PM

Please make a decision :)

...soo.... boring....

Careful, I'm getting killed for doing that. :rolleyes:

Imaginary Mark
15 Dec 07, 11:31:10 PM
I'm counting all Tears' votes as a half since he's voting for so many.

I should probably only count Plognark's and Deadlokd's votes as half too since they've basically said they're throwaway votes but I can't remember if there are others who did the same thing and I don't want to be inconsistent.

1. Ad Adsurdum
2. Hoenir
3. ELV
4. Beren - mefisto (voted for JB earlier)
5. Skeptic Tank
6. Tears in the Rain - ST Tom S, beyelzu, beren, Matt, Spenser, Damian, Tears
7. Imaginary Mark - Beren (Also ok with Norseman)
8. Jacey
9. Plognark - Tom S
10. mefistooooooooo - Beren
11. Matt - Spenser
13. Tom Sawyer - Plog
14. damian
15. trillian
16. beyelzu - mrickaby
18. mrickaby
19. Spenser Tom Sawyer (also FOS Norseman?)
20. enigma
21. jamesbannon - Beren (voted for Damian earlier)
22. Norseman - no vote, wants a random pick
23. Deadlokd - ELV

Beren - 3.5
mefisto - 1
Spenser - 1.5
Plog - 1
mrickaby - 1
Tom S - 1.5
ELV - 1
beyelzu - 0.5
Matt - 0.5
Damian - 0.5
Tears - 0.5

Deadlokd
15 Dec 07, 11:42:43 PM
Vote Imaginary Mark for being too organised and for denigrating everyone's well thought out vote patterns.

Imaginary Mark
15 Dec 07, 11:44:55 PM
Vote:Not enough information, let the KM decide randomly

If everyone were to lay low and not even vote like you're doing, it makes it easier for the mafia to lay low. The way we get more information is to get everyone talking, which forces the mafia to talk too. Then we can go back and look at what they said if any of them get identified later. But if everyone just says "not enough information, let the KM decide randomly" every day, we'll be in this same situation three or four days from now. We still won't have any new information but we'll be down a bunch of townies.

But maybe that's what you want.

SkepticTank
16 Dec 07, 08:02:44 AM
Lynch the quiet ones may be appropriate.

I'm too busy look who's missing, but here's the post counts in this thread.

jamesbannon 10
Beren 10
Spenser 10
Imaginary Mark 8
SkepticTank 7
Tom Sawyer 6
damian 5
Deadlokd 4
mefisto 4
Ad Absurdum 4
Tears In The Rain 4
beyelzu 3
Matt 3
ELV 3
Plognark 2
Jacey 2
mrickaby 2
Hoenir 1
enigma 1
Norseman 1
Nightson 1

Tears On My Dong
16 Dec 07, 08:13:59 AM
vote Imaginary Mark for arbitrary vote manipulation
You don't get to cut my votes in half, motherfucker.

jamesbannon
16 Dec 07, 08:26:30 AM
Sorry I haven't been on-line much guys - computer problems. I'm sticking with my vote for now.

Spenser
16 Dec 07, 01:56:44 PM
I think the IIDB drama has been taking away from this. ST, execute who ever you want, it doesn't look like the town has been much help. I think the town needs a new, or at least clear approach and I think I will outline something tomorrow (mostly cause I'll be at work then and care more) if I am still alive.

Imaginary Mark
16 Dec 07, 02:59:36 PM

If you want one or two of your votes to be taken more seriously than the rest, let me know and I'll count those ones as full votes and the rest of them as half.

trillian
16 Dec 07, 03:28:05 PM
Ok. I'm back... and sore, and tired and hungry. But I have skimmed the thread and my vote for today goes to vote: Ad Absurdum.
Just a vibe. At this point we still need to get lucky with a scum kill and then we'll have an "anchor" to view past info. Without that, it's still a bit random.

About the 24 hr rule....Maybe if everyone has checked in then its ok to execute, and if not, then the 24 hr rule applies? No offense. The intention is OK but the actual implementation may be tiresome.

Tears On My Dong
16 Dec 07, 03:35:52 PM

If you want one or two of your votes to be taken more seriously than the rest, let me know and I'll count those ones as full votes and the rest of them as half.

Leave Matt, Spenser, Damian and me at 1. My vote for you counts double. You can knock the rest down to .6 or so.

I agree with trillian about Bradshaw. I think he likes this one because he is an assassin.

vote Bradsurdum (Leave that at a full vote).

beyelzu
16 Dec 07, 04:58:20 PM
awesome,

sorry im not crazy enough.

i want to second the calls for participation and also second the suspicion on anyone who wants to see a second semirandom vote.

Spenser
16 Dec 07, 06:51:29 PM
Whoa, I weirdly agree with both trill and Tears on this one. Unvote Everything; Vote: Ad Absurdidity

Hoenir
16 Dec 07, 07:12:57 PM
I vote Tom Sawyer, because he voted for me, and it's all meaningless anyways :SNARKY:

Since Plognark thinks the votes are meaningless, I vote Plognark.

Beren
16 Dec 07, 07:59:53 PM
Just a vibe is pretty weak reasoning, and I'm a bit nervous of any vote blocs for weak reasoning (what better way to get the king to lynch a townie then to suddenly see six people voting for the same person?).

On the other hand, this is getting tiring. So, many apologies to Bradshaw if he's good, but

unvote, vote Ad Absurdum

If he does turn out to be good. I might suggest we be a bit wary of trillian and tears (and to an extent, Spenser and Me, to be fair, I suppose).

Deadlokd
16 Dec 07, 08:02:06 PM
If Ad Absurdum is good Trill is next.

Tears On My Dong
16 Dec 07, 08:05:53 PM
If Bradshaw is good, we lynch everyone.

Jacey
16 Dec 07, 08:30:38 PM
Feel free to post ideas as to who I should make king

I may not listen but they'd be there

Deadlokd
16 Dec 07, 08:31:22 PM
I should be King.

SkepticTank
16 Dec 07, 09:21:05 PM
anyone have a count? I've been busy all weekend with real life. I'm pretty sure we're nowhere close to a majority... but maybe we can get this done in the morning, and get the game on track.

ETA:
And while we're voting for a lynch, I like that Jacey is seeking public support for who to nominate as King. I'm not sure if outing that info will help the town or not, but I think discussion there will be better than letting one person randomly choose... thoughts?

Tom Sawyer
16 Dec 07, 09:43:26 PM
And while we're voting for a lynch, I like that Jacey is seeking public support for who to nominate as King. I'm not sure if outing that info will help the town or not, but I think discussion there will be better than letting one person randomly choose... thoughts?

Like was said earlier, publically saying who's going to be nominated only helps the mafia. I think that Jacey just needs to use his gut on this one and keep his decisions to himself, so there's less of a target for them.

SkepticTank
16 Dec 07, 09:48:50 PM
No, I agree that he shouldn't make his two pics public before submission, but soliciting nominations isn't bad. OTOH, the top two submissions become targets... so maybe not...

Dman, this is tough to get the info to the good guys without informing the bad guys...

Tom Sawyer
16 Dec 07, 09:53:46 PM
Dman, this is tough to get the info to the good guys without informing the bad guys...

Try this:

If you are mafia, DO NOT read the following:

Insert secret information here

It's a flawless plan.

Tears On My Dong
16 Dec 07, 09:56:40 PM
Do like I do and use secret codes in your posts that mafia don't understand.

"The cypress tree in front of the hall".

Deadlokd
16 Dec 07, 11:48:18 PM
The fourth knot of the ninth branch on the third root of the eleventh tree.

enigma
17 Dec 07, 12:29:19 AM
Do like I do and use secret codes in your posts that mafia don't understand.

"The cypress tree in front of the hall".

I rather thought that was the idea behind my proposal on page 1 of this thread.

Plognark
17 Dec 07, 08:16:26 AM
Is it just me or is this one long fucking day?

SkepticTank
17 Dec 07, 08:36:27 AM
Anyone have a vote count? Are we anywhere close to a majority? Has everyone voted?

Let's lynch someone dammit!

Tears On My Dong
17 Dec 07, 08:51:04 AM
We're waiting on you.

SkepticTank
17 Dec 07, 08:52:07 AM
I'm waiting on a vote count

Tears On My Dong
17 Dec 07, 08:58:11 AM
I'll do one when I get home(if someone else doesn't do it first).

trillian
17 Dec 07, 09:01:05 AM
I'm not really feeling my Ad Absurd vote anymore but I don't have any other ideas. I think since it's Monday again that people should be coming by the thread in bigger numbers today. The problem is that without any special roles for us commoners or any way to get info from a special, the game seems a bit dull right now.

Tom Sawyer
17 Dec 07, 09:31:40 AM
I don'tthink thatwaiting around longer today is going to get us any better information.

Let's just move forward.

Tears On My Dong
17 Dec 07, 09:44:39 AM
We could sit here until the scum confess.

Marcus
17 Dec 07, 10:08:25 AM
Lets go with that option. It will be the never ending game!

Imaginary Mark
17 Dec 07, 11:01:54 AM
I looked through Bradshaw's posts again and he seems to be doing his usual thing of keeping a relatively low profile but still participating some.

My preference is still Beren at this point. Is there anyone who thinks we would be making a big mistake by lynching him?

SkepticTank
17 Dec 07, 11:21:36 AM
My preference is still Beren at this point. Is there anyone who thinks we would be making a big mistake by lynching him?

define "big mistake".

If he's town, we'll be down one more townie. We still have a big numbers advantage, and we move on hoping that the scum kill gives us more info.

If he's scum, then that's great.

AFAIK, the votes were like Beren-3 and everyone else 1. I hate to lynch on such a low vote turnout.

Beren
17 Dec 07, 11:28:20 AM

*raises hand*

Beren
17 Dec 07, 11:29:56 AM
Actually, it would give you information enough to probably lynch IM tomorrow. So it doesn't matter.

If we lynch Bradshaw and he's good, we kill trill.
If we lynch Me, and I'm good, we kill IM.

*shrugs*

(yay 1337 posts)

Spenser
17 Dec 07, 12:04:14 PM
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

trillian
17 Dec 07, 12:05:52 PM

I can tell you with absolute certainty that if Bradshaw (Ad Absurd) gets it and is good and then you kill me, you will have 2 more dead townies. But perhaps you know that already?

Jacey
17 Dec 07, 12:15:30 PM
Actually, it would give you information enough to probably lynch IM tomorrow. So it doesn't matter.

*shrugs*

(yay 1337 posts)

wait what

SkepticTank
17 Dec 07, 12:30:32 PM

It's been a long weekend Beren, remind us again why we should kill IM?

I can tell you with absolute certainty that if Bradshaw (Ad Absurd) gets it and is good and then you kill me, you will have 2 more dead townies.

This took me a second, but I think I finally got it.

Spenser
17 Dec 07, 01:03:34 PM

*shrugs*

(yay 1337 posts)

Vote: Beren for retarded logic.

Tears On My Dong
17 Dec 07, 01:34:14 PM
1. Ad Absurdum
2. Hoenir Plognark
3. ELV
4. Beren jamesbannon mefisto Ad Absurdum
5. Skeptic Tank
6. Tears in the Rain SkepticTank Tom Sawyer, beyelzu, Beren, Matt, Spenser, damian, Tears, Imaginary Mark, Ad Absurdum
7. Imaginary Mark Beren
8. Jacey
9. Plognark Tom Sawyer
10. mefisto Beren
11. Matt Spenser
12. d0t
13. Tom Sawyer Plognark
14. damian
15. trillian Ad Absurdum
16. beyelzu mrickaby
17. th1nk3r
18. mrickaby
19. Spenser Beren, Jamesbannon, Plog, Tom Sawyer, Tears, Enigma, Matt, Nightson Ad Absurdum, Beren
20. enigma
21. jamesbannon damian
22. Norseman
23. Deadlokd Imaginary Mark

Beren
17 Dec 07, 01:52:27 PM
The people initiating the lynch mobs are (clearly) the ones to be most suspicious of. IM, through any sort of logic, has continued to call for my head. If I turn out good, I think that makes him rather suspicious.

Trill called out for Bradshaw's lynching, (albeit, standing she did have "just a vibe") and a few people went along with that logic. Enough to garner 3-4 votes. (including my own).

I think these are the best things we have to go on right now. This is why I'm not terribly bothered about being lynched. It at least gives us something for tomorrow. I've only said this in half a dozen posts so far.

Beren
17 Dec 07, 01:53:27 PM

*shrugs*

(yay 1337 posts)

Vote: Beren for retarded logic.

Explain how being suspicious of people starting bandwagons on flimsy logic is bad logic on my part?

SkepticTank
17 Dec 07, 01:56:54 PM
If I tallied Tears' post correctly, I get:

Ad Ab 4
Beren 4
Tom Saw 2
Plog 2
Spenser 2
Damian 2
Imaginary 2
Beyelzu 1
Matt 1
Tears 1
MRickaby 1

Beren
17 Dec 07, 01:56:54 PM
Let me put it this way. The only thing the mafia has to do in this game is to lay low and just win watching the town bumble around with no information. But that's boring as hell. I think they'll at least try to get the town to bandwagon on someone they know is good. They don't want to sit around for 2 weeks just being boring (where this game is currently headed). This makes me instantly suspicious of anyone starting bandwagons under flimsy logic. Especially those like IM who focus on one person through the entire day, for seemingly no reason.

Jacey
17 Dec 07, 02:00:30 PM
This is the day that never ends,
It keeps going on and on, my friends,
It started out just fine, but now I think, that it's just a joke,
I would like to scream aloud "Today, you're a slow-poke!"
This is the day that never ends...

SkepticTank
17 Dec 07, 02:02:43 PM
The only thing the mafia has to do in this game is to lay low and just win watching the town bumble around with no information.

Which is why Lynch the quiet ones is a good strategy. I think everyone who is still alive has posted at least once.

Beren 16
SkepticTank 15
Spenser 14
Tears In The Rain 12
jamesbannon 11
Imaginary Mark 10
Tom Sawyer 9
Deadlokd 7
mefisto 5
damian 5
Ad Absurdum 4
Jacey 4
beyelzu 4
Matt 3
Plognark 3
trillian 3
ELV 3
enigma 2
mrickaby 2
Hoenir 2
Norseman 1
Nightson 1

Beren
17 Dec 07, 02:05:10 PM
Which is why Lynch the quiet ones is a good strategy. I think everyone who is still alive has posted at least once.

What I thought too, until people started calling for my head for doing it. >.<

SkepticTank
17 Dec 07, 02:21:03 PM
Well ImagMark isn't being quiet today.

I think they're calling for your head for making a decision without the consensus of the people. But that's the king's job I suppose.

I sure would like to see some more votes people.

beyelzu
17 Dec 07, 02:27:01 PM
as would i, im sticking with my mrickaby vote, he still seems scummy to me and he his explanation didnt really work for me.

mrickaby
17 Dec 07, 02:58:42 PM
bey, if a bandwagon had started on your (mild) persistence against me, I would think you were scum. I just think you are doing what everyone else is doing in this game, jumping on whatever flimsy evidence that is available. Which is the same thing I am doing.

Between the arguments I have seen either for or against anyone at this point, I think Mark's is a little more persuasive, in that Beren was a little bit shady by his actions as king yesterday, by editing posts and making a random kill. So vote: Beren. It isn't a lot to go on, but is really the best I have at this point. I haven't found anything on my own yet.

Beren
17 Dec 07, 03:07:25 PM
making a random kill.

One last time. How was that a random kill? I executed the person with the least amount of posts who hadn't posted in the longest amount of time. >.<

As for editing posts, I've explained that 4-5 times already. I voted to kill someone without realizing 24 hours was up yet, as people were saying to get it over with. I then quickly edited my posts remembering that rule.

Hoenir
17 Dec 07, 03:57:05 PM
This day hasn't ended yet. Its starting to seem like it lasts as long as a normal work day for me.

mrickaby
17 Dec 07, 04:14:34 PM
Fine, whatever

unvote

I've got nothing. Even the logic behind that vote was fairly flimsy, as I had said when I made it.

Hoenir
17 Dec 07, 04:34:21 PM
Since Beren and Ad Absurdum have such a close vote, I went back and checked how the votes went for them. On post 35, jamesbannon had unvoted for damian and voted for Beren. In fact, on all the other posts that had tallied them up, the issue was correct. Only Tears tally is wrong. I'm going to add to my vote and vote Tears in the Rain for changing someone else's vote.

Tears On My Dong
17 Dec 07, 04:52:13 PM
1. Ad Absurdum
2. Hoenir Plognark, Tears
3. ELV
4. Beren jamesbannon mefisto Ad Absurdum
5. Skeptic Tank
6. Tears in the Rain SkepticTank Tom Sawyer, beyelzu, Beren, Matt, Spenser, damian, Tears, Imaginary Mark, Ad Absurdum, Hoenir
7. Imaginary Mark Beren
8. Jacey
9. Plognark Tom Sawyer
10. mefisto Beren
11. Matt Spenser
12. d0t
13. Tom Sawyer Plognark
14. damian
15. trillian Ad Absurdum
16. beyelzu mrickaby
17. th1nk3r
18. mrickaby
19. Spenser Beren, Jamesbannon, Plog, Tom Sawyer, Tears, Enigma, Matt, Nightson Ad Absurdum, Beren
20. enigma
21. jamesbannon damian Beren
22. Norseman
23. Deadlokd Imaginary Mark

Vote Hoenir for being a moron and a liar.

Beren
17 Dec 07, 05:14:29 PM
I love that 7 people haven't voted yet, after this many days. :rolleyes:

Tom Sawyer
17 Dec 07, 08:20:28 PM
Is the strategy to trick the mafia into getting bored and confessing?

ELV
17 Dec 07, 08:23:36 PM
I love that 7 people haven't voted yet, after this many days. :rolleyes:

I voted right away, you guys just aren't counting them for some reason, but just for you I'llunvote everyone minus beren

Tom Sawyer
17 Dec 07, 08:51:15 PM
I'll Unvote; Vote Beren, just in case ST is sitting around waiting for a majority or something.

Tears On My Dong
17 Dec 07, 09:58:08 PM
unvote Spenser, damian, Tears, Tom Sawyer, beyelzu

Spenser
17 Dec 07, 10:08:32 PM
Fuckin A with this game already. Kill some one!

Tears On My Dong
17 Dec 07, 10:27:18 PM
EXECUTE: SPENSER

the WORST elf
18 Dec 07, 07:22:01 AM
Why is it odd that people haven't voted? I have no one to vote for.

Jacey
18 Dec 07, 08:13:22 AM
someone PM me and tell me when the day is over so I can submit my king

SkepticTank
18 Dec 07, 08:41:21 AM
Ok Beren is at 7 by my count. I'm pulling the trigger.

Beren suggests that if he's good we should go after IM next.

EXECUTE BEREN

Nightson
18 Dec 07, 05:49:08 PM
With little fanfare you separate Beren's head from his body. Searching his body you find a tattoo that confirms that he is a regular townie.

Somebody seems ready to speak up about this, but the guard's glares become extra ominous and they rethink it.

It is now night, send me your choices.