PDA

View Full Version : Stump the Fanatic

Jade
30 Nov 07, 03:17:48 PM
Loosely inspired by this youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi8OaGJUa6U), I give you Stump the Fanatic.

Rules of the Game:

There is one and only one 'fanatic' at a time. The goal is to ask a question of the fanatic in his or her chosen subject-field which the fanatic cannot answer, or to which (s)he gives a wrong answer (i.e. to "stump" the fanatic). The poster who does so becomes the next fanatic.

The fanatic sets the parameters for potential questions when he or she first becomes the fanatic. A fanatic can choose anything within the world of entertainment -- TV shows, movies, books, plays, poetry, music, sports...basically anything that has an audience of some sort (but don't pick something too esoteric or no one else will be able to play, and that won't be very fun).

The fanatic on the hot seat is honor-bound to only use his or her memory of the subject, and to not use the internet or other sources to answer the questions. After all, if you have to use Google then you really can't claim to be a true fanatic, can you?

Questioners -- don't ask questions which you cannot answer (though you can use Google or whatever as much as you want), or which have no definite, single correct answer. In other words, don't ask what was in the author's mind when he wrote X, or ask questions that require subjective evaluations. Just factual question, please. Also, please only ask one question per post (or one question with several parts).

Acceptable answers: since this is all from memory (assuming you are honorable), exact spelling and exact quotations are not required. So if the fanatic remembers "D'hoffryn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D'Hoffryn)" as 'Dahoffrin' or anything that is recognizable as the correct answer, then that answer is acceptable. If the fanatic gives an answer that you believe is wrong, provide proof that it is wrong (i.e. links, citations, etc).

I'll start. My chosen field in which I claim expertise is the so-called 'Whedonverse' -- i.e. the TV shows Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. This does not include the comic books, the movie, any novelizations, or anything else that was not actually on screen as part of those two shows. As an added restriction, I don't pay close attention to credits, so don't ask any questions about who wrote or directed given episodes, or who the assistant to the set manager was in episode 3 of season 1, or whatever. In other words, just ask questions about details of the story and characters, please.

As an incentive, I will be giving rep to whoever can stump me (and I invite everyone who participates to do so as well)...

the WORST elf
30 Nov 07, 03:27:13 PM
In the final episode when Buffy, Xander, and Willow are wandering off talking about shopping, Giles turns round and says "The Earth is doomed!" Which character said this same line at the end of another episode?

Nightson
30 Nov 07, 03:58:35 PM
What was Xander's 'anyplace but here' place?

Jade
30 Nov 07, 04:06:08 PM
In the final episode when Buffy, Xander, and Willow are wandering off talking about shopping, Giles turns round and says "The Earth is doomed!" Which character said this same line at the end of another episode?
Giles, at the end of the two parter that began the series way back in season 1.

the WORST elf
30 Nov 07, 04:08:17 PM

stupid fucking buffy trivia site

Jade
30 Nov 07, 04:10:48 PM
Uh, that's not a very...generous..question. With what little you've given me I'm going to go with the basement of his parent's house, the "dank hole" as it was otherwise known.

Jade
30 Nov 07, 04:11:21 PM

Buffy trivia site?

the WORST elf
30 Nov 07, 04:17:38 PM

Buffy trivia site?

where i got that question.

Jade
30 Nov 07, 04:20:22 PM
Buffy trivia site?

where i got that question.
Ah, ok. :D

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 04:25:16 PM
What was Buffy's dorm number?

Jade
30 Nov 07, 04:28:30 PM
What was Buffy's dorm number?
Ah Jeez....uh, 214?

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 04:36:20 PM
:10outof10:

Try again? Damn right I will!

When Doctor Gregory lectures the class about ants in "Teacher's Pet", what critter is on the projector behind him?

Jade
30 Nov 07, 04:45:20 PM

Try again? Damn right I will!

When Doctor Gregory lectures the class about ants in "Teacher's Pet", what critter is on the projector behind him?
For a moment there I had no idea what you were talking about...but then I remembered there was like this whole other season before season 2 of Buffy.

Was it ants?

Nightson
30 Nov 07, 04:48:28 PM
Uh, that's not a very...generous..question. With what little you've given me I'm going to go with the basement of his parent's house, the "dank hole" as it was otherwise known.

Yes my question was a bit too vague, let me look up the specifics.

Episode is "The Dark Age" near the beginning

BUFFY
I'm on a beach. Not an American
beach -- one of those island beaches
where the water is way too blue.
It's just before sunset, I'm lying on
a towel and Gavin Rossdale is
massaging my feet.

WILLOW
That's good. Uh, i'm in Florence,
Italy. I've rented a scooter which
is parked outside. I'm in a little
restaurant having ziti and there's no
more tables so they have to seat this
guy with me and it's John Cusack.

BUFFY
Very impressive. An eye for detail.

WILLOW
(excited)
'Cause, with the ziti.

[XANDER joins them.]

XANDER
What are you guys up to?

BUFFY
Just having a quick game of "Anywhere
But Here."

XANDER

WILLOW
You never come up with anything new.

One of my friends managed to get this right when asked it as a Buffy tivia question although the moderator didn't expect anybody to know it. Let's see if you do :P

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 04:54:21 PM
Was it ants?

Woohoo, I win (http://www.moviemistakes.com/tv2907)!

Apparently "Factual error: In Teacher's Pet, Doctor Gregory was giving the class a lecture about ants. But he projects an image of a beetle onto the wall behind him."

Jade
30 Nov 07, 04:57:32 PM
Jesus Christ that's obscure Nightson. I seem to remember that it was the water park or the water slides or something, with some girl who's name I can't remember. Is that close enough?

Jade
30 Nov 07, 05:05:37 PM
Was it ants?

Woohoo, I win (http://www.moviemistakes.com/tv2907)!

Apparently "Factual error: In Teacher's Pet, Doctor Gregory was giving the class a lecture about ants. But he projects an image of a beetle onto the wall behind him."
I'm not an entomologist. Take a look at this screencapture that I just took:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5216/antsks3.jpg
One looks like an ant to me, and the other could have been a queen ant or a different species for all I know.

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 05:09:29 PM
:mmmhuh: Alright, I'll let you off that one. (And not at all because I'm expert at nothing, oh no)

What's Faith's surname?

Jade
30 Nov 07, 05:14:58 PM
:mmmhuh: Alright, I'll let you off that one.

What's Faith's surname?
I....have no idea. Are you sure it was mentioned on the shows?

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 05:23:11 PM

You tell me, you're the fanatic.

:lucyfahfahfahfahfa:

Jade
30 Nov 07, 05:25:16 PM

Nope. You tell me, you're the fanatic.

:lucyfahfahfahfahfa:
All right, then I'm going to say that her last name was never mentioned on either Angel or Buffy.

(crosses fingers)

Nightson
30 Nov 07, 05:29:43 PM
Jesus Christ that's obscure Nightson. I seem to remember that it was the water park or the water slides or something, with some girl who's name I can't remember. Is that close enough?

That's close enough for me. Amy Yip at the water park is the full answer (Which coincidentally I remembered as being Amy Tan :D )

Jade
30 Nov 07, 05:31:21 PM

That's close enough for me. Amy Yip at the water park is the full answer (Which coincidentally I remembered as being Amy Tan :D )

Victory lap!

Your friend knew that right off the bat? I'm impressed...

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 05:34:04 PM
All right, then I'm going to say that her last name was never mentioned on either Angel or Buffy.

(crosses fingers)

:grump:

You got lucky.

Right, time for me to do some homework to try to catch you.

Jade
30 Nov 07, 05:39:04 PM
You got lucky.

http://www.rantsnraves.org/mysmiliesvb/mysmilie_905.gif

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 05:40:35 PM
Faiths surname is "Lehane" but you only get that from a computer game (I think)

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 05:45:50 PM
What colour is Buffy's hair?

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 05:47:34 PM
:noddingflamehead:

Jade
30 Nov 07, 05:49:50 PM
Faiths surname is "Lehane" but you only get that from a computer game (I think)
Ooh, cool. Thanks!

Weird, she doesn't really strike me as a Lehane.....

Jade
30 Nov 07, 05:51:11 PM
What colour is Buffy's hair?
It varies from moment to moment... perhaps "variably blondesque" might be the best description.

Jade
30 Nov 07, 05:52:31 PM
She's really more of an 'Insane'.

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 05:53:41 PM

Known only as "Faith" during the television series; she was not given a surname until 2005, seven years after her first appearance. Joss Whedon was approached by Eden Studios to create surnames for Faith and Kendra to use in a Buffy the Vampire Slayer role-playing game, and chose "Lehane" for Faith, because he wanted something "southie". (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_Lehane)

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 05:54:53 PM
It varies from moment to moment... perhaps "variably blondesque" might be the best description.

Pin yourself down, pick a colour.

Jade
30 Nov 07, 05:59:06 PM

Pin yourself down, pick a colour.
Fine!!! Honey blonde....with, like, highlights and shit.

:D

Nightson
30 Nov 07, 06:01:04 PM
Spike, Drusilla, Angel, Darla. Give me the sire of each of them.

In the episode Tirangle in which Willow and Anya manage to summon a troll, what does the troll ask Xander to do?

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 06:03:52 PM
Buffy is brunette (which is Sarah Michelle Gellar's natural color) in the pilot, she becomes more blond in the 2nd year. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unaired_Buffy_pilot)

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/dance010.gif

Jade
30 Nov 07, 06:04:32 PM
Try to keep it to one question, eh?

Spike, Drusilla, Angel, Darla. Give me the sire of each of them.
Darla sired Angel, who sired Drusilla, who sired Spike and the reborn Darla.

In the episode Tirangle in which Willow and Anya manage to summon a troll, what does the troll ask Xander to do?
Uh, pick which one of them was to die and which was to live (i.e. Anya or Willow -- his girlfriend or his best friend).

Jade
30 Nov 07, 06:07:35 PM
Buffy is brunette (which is Sarah Michelle Gellar's natural color) in the pilot, she becomes more blond in the 2nd year. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unaired_Buffy_pilot)

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/dance010.gif
The unaired pilot? Jeez, man. Hey wait, I vaguely remember watching that on youtube....Willow was played by an entirely different (and much frumpier) actress.

LuisGarcia
30 Nov 07, 06:15:42 PM
The unaired pilot? Jeez, man. Hey wait, I vaguely remember watching that on youtube....Willow was played by an entirely different (and much frumpier) actress.

American Pie would have been awful

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ed/Buffy_unaired_pilot_%28Riff_Regan_as_Willow%292.jp g

Nightson
30 Nov 07, 06:15:45 PM
Well, I knew you would get the first question :P

What happens to Jonathon in the season 7 episode "Conversations with Dead People" when he and Andrew return to Sunnydale?

Jade
30 Nov 07, 06:20:18 PM
Well, I knew you would get the first question :P
:)

That first question of yours (on pg 1) almost had me....I had to sit there for five minutes and then only the dimmest memory came back to me.

What happens to Jonathon in the season 7 episode "Conversations with Dead People" when he and Andrew return to Sunnydale?
Well, he died, for one (stabbed by Andrew). He also had a very touching moment of realization where he discovered that he missed the people he went to highschool with and wanted to know how they were doing.

Jade
30 Nov 07, 06:24:13 PM
American Pie would have been awful
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ed/Buffy_unaired_pilot_%28Riff_Regan_as_Willow%292.jp g
Yeah, she's a little too real as far as Hollywood nerd-characters go.

Deadlokd
30 Nov 07, 08:30:27 PM
Which one of the nerds shoots Anya?

Jade
30 Nov 07, 08:41:06 PM
The nerds don't shoot Anya, Warren shoots Tara and Buffy.

Deadlokd
30 Nov 07, 08:52:07 PM

Heh, that's what I asked. Duh. Ahem. Carry on.

Jade
30 Nov 07, 08:58:37 PM

Heh, that's what I asked. Duh. Ahem. Carry on.
Heh, I thought you were trying to ask a trick question. I was congratulating myself on having escaped your cunning trap...:(

Deadlokd
30 Nov 07, 09:15:03 PM
You can have the rep back. But only if you answer this question correctly. How does Oz become a werewolf?

Jade
30 Nov 07, 09:20:24 PM
You can have the rep back. But only if you answer this question correctly. How does Oz become a werewolf?
I think it was his little baby cousin (or some such relation of his) who bites him on the finger.

Deadlokd
30 Nov 07, 09:27:15 PM
Yes it is. Smartarse. As promised......

Nightson
30 Nov 07, 10:49:42 PM
What is the first thing Angel gives Buffy?

Jade
30 Nov 07, 11:00:07 PM
What is the first thing Angel gives Buffy?
A cross, in the first episode. He carefully doesn't touch it, rather he gives it to her in a box -- which is the first clue that he is a vampire.

Nightson
30 Nov 07, 11:02:00 PM
When does Buffy find out the Angel is a vampire?

Jade
30 Nov 07, 11:03:51 PM
When does Buffy find out the Angel is a vampire?
Episode 7, just after she kisses him (for the first time).

Nightson
30 Nov 07, 11:11:53 PM
Somewhere in the first season I think it is Giles and Jenny are talking about knowledge. Going off of what Jenny says in jest Giles says, "Yes, books should be _____" I'll pull up the script if it's too vague.

Jade
30 Nov 07, 11:17:10 PM
Somewhere in the first season I think it is Giles and Jenny are talking about knowledge. Going off of what Jenny says in jest Giles says, "Yes, books should be _____" I'll pull up the script if it's too vague.
Ouch! Can you give me the episode or some other sort of context?

Nightson
30 Nov 07, 11:29:18 PM
Yarr okay, the episode is "I, Robot... You, Jane" the one involving Moloch, the quote wasn't quite like I remembered. The conversation is almost at the very end of the episode.

MS. CALENDAR
Can't get out of here fast enough,
can you? [Referring to the computer lab]

GILES
Truthfully, I'm even less anxious
to be around computers than I used
to be.

MS. CALENDAR
It was your book that started the
trouble, not a computer. Honestly,
what is it about them that bothers
you so much?

GILES
(a moment, then)

Jade
30 Nov 07, 11:39:12 PM
Yarr okay, the episode is "I, Robot... You, Jane" the one involving Moloch, the quote wasn't quite like I remembered. The conversation is almost at the very end of the episode.

MS. CALENDAR
Can't get out of here fast enough,
can you? [Referring to the computer lab]

GILES
Truthfully, I'm even less anxious
to be around computers than I used
to be.

MS. CALENDAR
It was your book that started the
trouble, not a computer. Honestly,
what is it about them that bothers
you so much?

GILES
(a moment, then)
Argh! It's on the tip of my mind's tongue..........oh, wait, no it's not; that's a completely different conversation they had about books that I am remembering.

Shit. I think you have stumped me.
http://poljunk.gloriousnoise.com/images/bush.stumped.jpg

It seems my knowledge of season 1 is not quite as encyclopedic as my knowledge of the other (better) seasons, I suppose because I have rewatched it less frequently than the others.

So what did he say?

Jade
30 Nov 07, 11:42:04 PM
Do you have a subject that you wish to claim expertise in, Nightson?

(rubbing hands in vengeful glee)

Nightson
30 Nov 07, 11:47:52 PM

GILES
(a moment, then)
The smell.

MS. CALENDAR
Computers don't smell, Rupert.

GILES
I know. Smell is the most powerful
memory trigger there is. A certain
flower or a whiff of smoke can
bring up experiences long
forgotten. Books smell -- musty
and rich. Knowledge gained from a
computer has no texture, no
context. It's there and then it's
gone. If it's to last, the getting
of knowledge should be tangible.
It should be smelly.

Hmm, honestly Buffy is probably the thing I have the most expertise in, that's why I had to stick around until I stumped you :P Let's go with Greek Mythology, I should be able to put up a sporting fight in that.

Jade
30 Nov 07, 11:57:43 PM
Dammit! Now I remember that speech!

Hmm, honestly Buffy is probably the thing I have the most expertise in, that's why I had to stick around until I stumped you :P Let's go with Greek Mythology, I should be able to put up a sporting fight in that.
All right, let's start off easy. In Ovid's tale demonstrating the virtue of hospitality, what were the names of the old married couple who welcomed the disguised gods with kindness and generosity even though they were poor (and who later were rewarded for their virtue)?

Nightson
1 Dec 07, 12:05:38 AM
Ovid is Roman, and hence not Greek mythology :p

In reality though, I don't know, I've read the tale but don't remember the names.

Jade
1 Dec 07, 12:10:04 AM
Ovid is Roman, and hence not Greek mythology :p
All right, I suppose that squeaks through on a technicality...

In reality though, I don't know, I've read the tale but don't remember the names.
Baucis and Philemon.

All right then, what were the 12 tasks of Hercules, listed in the traditional order.

Nightson
1 Dec 07, 12:28:57 AM
Okay lets see here, first is to kill the nemian lion, second is killing the lenarion hydra, third is to capture a stag important to Artemis, then it involved capturing a boar that was important for some reason, then cleaning out giant stables, then he had to kill some crazy killer birds, then came the bull of Crete, after that he had to get something from the Amazon queen I want to say it was a belt, then he had to steal cattle from some really strong warrior whose name I don't quite remember, and then the easy ones that I didn't have to sit here having to try and remember, stealing the golden apples from the nymphs and finally capturing and bringing back Cerebus.

Jade
1 Dec 07, 12:35:02 AM
Okay lets see here, first is to kill the nemian lion, second is killing the lenarion hydra, third is to capture a stag important to Artemis, then it involved capturing a boar that was important for some reason, then cleaning out giant stables, then he had to kill some crazy killer birds, then came the bull of Crete, after that he had to get something from the Amazon queen I want to say it was a belt, then he had to steal cattle from some really strong warrior whose name I don't quite remember, and then the easy ones that I didn't have to sit here having to try and remember, stealing the golden apples from the nymphs and finally capturing and bringing back Cerebus.
Close. Very close. According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Labours), after he had to capture the Cretan Bull, he had to steal the 4 man-eating mares (not the cattle) of the giant Diomedes, and then take the girdle (belt) from the Amazonian queen.

Perhaps the "in order" clause of my question was too much to ask...

Nightson
1 Dec 07, 12:44:50 AM
Arr, no it's my fault, I totally forgot about the horses, those were the man eating ones if I recall correctly.

Oh well, I guess you reclaim the expert title :p

Jade
1 Dec 07, 12:51:54 AM
Arr, no it's my fault, I totally forgot about the horses, those were the man eating ones if I recall correctly.

Oh well, I guess you reclaim the expert title :p
Sweet! But, sticking for the moment with the Greek myth theme, now you know my Achilles heel with respect to Buffy (i.e. season 1). Having been humiliatingly defeated on that particular field of battle, I will no longer claim to be a fanatic of Buffy. Instead I will retreat to the more defendable fortress of Angel. Take me if you can!

Nightson
1 Dec 07, 01:02:29 AM
Yarr, I can't challenge you about that quite yet, I've only seen the first and second seasons so far, 3-5 are in the hands of my cousin who can get them for half price and I haven't gotten them yet.

Jade
1 Dec 07, 01:09:03 AM
Yarr, I can't challenge you about that quite yet, I've only seen the first and second seasons so far, 3-5 are in the hands of my cousin who can get them for half price and I haven't gotten them yet.
There are times when I wish I could have amnesia so I could watch Buffy and Angel for the first time again (does that make me pathetic?).

Enjoy seasons 3 through 5!

Hedwig
1 Dec 07, 02:07:48 AM
I'm just sad that I can't ask you any questions about the movie. I've never seen the show (my mom's the addict), but I think the movie is hilarious and have watched it several times.

Jade
1 Dec 07, 01:10:18 PM
I'm just sad that I can't ask you any questions about the movie. I've never seen the show (my mom's the addict), but I think the movie is hilarious and have watched it several times.
I haven't seen the movie in years. However, if you liked the movie then you would probably like the series, perhaps even more.

Starshark
1 Dec 07, 02:31:58 PM
In one episode Buffy reminisces about listening to a pop song before throwing in the disclaimer, "I didn't know what it was about". What was the song?

Jade
1 Dec 07, 02:43:55 PM
In one episode Buffy reminisces about listening to a pop song before throwing in the disclaimer, "I didn't know what it was about". What was the song?
Divinyls' I Touch Myself.

Starshark
1 Dec 07, 02:49:49 PM

Holy shit but you watch that show too much.

Jade
1 Dec 07, 03:00:53 PM

Holy shit but you watch that show too much.
Heh, yeeeeaahh....

d0t
1 Dec 07, 03:46:42 PM
Easy one: What was the monologue Spike gave on the roof in 1x03 :)

Jade
1 Dec 07, 04:18:43 PM
Easy one: What was the monologue Spike gave on the roof in 1x03 :)
I can't quote the entire thing from memory, but basically he was mocking Angel by doing an impression of him and the woman Angel had just saved, saying stuff like:

"not the hair, never the hair!" (when the woman tries to hug Angel)

and

"working up a lot of sexual tension and prancing away like a magnificent poof is all the thanks I need"...and then in a falsetto, "I understand -- I have a cousin who's gay."

Matt
1 Dec 07, 05:24:58 PM
This is a fun game.

d0t
2 Dec 07, 04:26:18 AM
"working up a lot of sexual tension and prancing away like a magnificent poof is all the thanks I need"...and then in a falsetto, "I understand -- I have a cousin who's gay."

working up a load of sexual tension and prancing away like a magnificent poof is truly thanks enough.
I understand -- I have a nephew who's gay, so...
Say no more, evil's still afoot, and I'm almost out of that nancy-boy hairgel I like so much. Quickly, to the Angelmobile, away!

So, was this..
a) Stumping the fanatic or
b) Showing how the fanatic can recall random bits of episode with 95+% accuracy.

Jade
2 Dec 07, 12:29:18 PM

working up a load of sexual tension and prancing away like a magnificent poof is truly thanks enough.
I understand -- I have a nephew who's gay, so...
Say no more, evil's still afoot, and I'm almost out of that nancy-boy hairgel I like so much. Quickly, to the Angelmobile, away!

So, was this..
a) Stumping the fanatic or
b) Showing how the fanatic can recall random bits of episode with 95+% accuracy.

Well, if you read the OP, the rules say that because this is all from memory,"exact spelling and exact quotations are not required. So if the fanatic remembers "D'hoffryn" as 'Dahoffrin' or anything that is recognizable as the correct answer, then that answer is acceptable."

However, if you were truly not satisfied with the level of accuracy of my recollection, then we can count this as stumping the fanatic. I am not sure if requiring the fanatic to recall large speeches verbatim with 100% accuracy is really very nice, but what the hell....

If you want a spin as the fanatic then go for it.

d0t
2 Dec 07, 01:58:27 PM
However, if you were truly not satisfied with the level of accuracy of my recollection, then we can count this as stumping the fanatic
Of course I am, as should be clear from the option (b) ;)
...and I'm not really a fanatic at anything.

d0t
3 Dec 07, 03:30:59 AM
I called in the reinforcements, and my sister looked up some questions:
- What is Lorne's full name?
- What does groosalugg mean?

Jade
3 Dec 07, 11:04:45 AM
Fuck. Uh, Lorne Greene? No, no it's.....Krevlornswoth of the Deathwalk clan, or some shit like that.

I think it means "bad actor". Oh, you mean what they said it meant on the show? Uh...(come on brain, think!)...I'm going to go with "champion".

d0t
3 Dec 07, 12:03:30 PM
Fuck. Uh, Lorne Greene? No, no it's.....Krevlornswoth of the Deathwalk clan, or some shit like that.

I think it means "bad actor". Oh, you mean what they said it meant on the show? Uh...(come on brain, think!)...I'm going to go with "champion".

1. Correct. Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan.
2. Wrong. It means "brave & undefeated".

Okay, I'll claim fanatic at Lost.

Jade
3 Dec 07, 12:12:07 PM
2. Wrong. It means "brave & undefeated".
http://www.arthistoryclub.com/art_history/upload/thumb/a/a6/300px-The_Scream.jpg
NOOOOOO!!!!

Why, oh why didn't I pay more attention to that character???

Wait, now I remember, because that character sucked.

All right, for being the cause of my ignominious defeat, I give thee rep and pass the torch of "fanatic" unto thee...

Okay, I'll claim fanatic at Lost.
All right people, step right up and challenge d0t's claim to be a fanatic of:
Lost

Jade
3 Dec 07, 12:49:59 PM
I guess I'll start...

What was the crashed flight's number?

d0t
3 Dec 07, 01:19:21 PM
I guess I'll start...

What was the crashed flight's number?

Oceanic flight 815.
Easy to remember: 4 8 15 16 23 42

And just let someone else ask the next question, or you'll have to claim fanatic again. ;)

Jade
3 Dec 07, 01:25:02 PM
Correct!
:mad:

Nightson
3 Dec 07, 05:24:26 PM
What was up with the polar bear?

d0t
4 Dec 07, 02:58:07 AM
They were attacked by it early on in the first season and killed it, and there are some random references to polar bears later on.
But it's all mysterious and stuff, and I don't think it was ever actually explained.

Nightson
4 Dec 07, 02:59:52 AM
Who did Jack meet in a stadium?

d0t
4 Dec 07, 03:17:57 AM
Desmond.

LuisGarcia
4 Dec 07, 03:34:17 AM
Which two characters is Kelvin linked to and how?

Fatty
4 Dec 07, 07:32:38 AM
They were attacked by it early on in the first season and killed it, and there are some random references to polar bears later on.
But it's all mysterious and stuff, and I don't think it was ever actually explained.

I thought they were parts of the behavioural experiment, they find the facility cages etc in season 3 dont they?

d0t
4 Dec 07, 09:02:03 AM

Desmond, in the hatch.
Don't know the other one anymore, so consider me stumped.

Jade
4 Dec 07, 09:41:12 AM

Desmond, in the hatch.
Don't know the other one anymore, so consider me stumped.
OK, it looks like LuisGarcia is the new fanatic. Congratulations LuisGarcia!

LuisGarcia
4 Dec 07, 09:46:39 AM
Kelvin was the guy Desmond replaced in the hatch, correct. He also was the man who taught Sayid how to torture people.

Apparently.

But I've already stumped myself, with the question "What am I a fanatic about?". Can I rep myself for stumping myself?

Anyone else want to step up? (Will check back later and pretend to be an expert at something if not)

Jade
4 Dec 07, 09:50:42 AM
Can I rep myself for stumping myself?
Go right ahead. :D

Anyone else want to step up? (Will check back later and pretend to be an expert at something if not)
All right....anyone want to claim that they are a fanatic of something?

LuisGarcia
4 Dec 07, 02:03:03 PM
oh go on, then. I'll claim to be a....

CSI Vegas fanatic, as long as no one expects me to remember any names

Jade
4 Dec 07, 05:51:28 PM
oh go on, then. I'll claim to be a....

CSI Vegas fanatic, as long as no one expects me to remember any names
Start off easy -- who taught Gil sign-language?

LuisGarcia
4 Dec 07, 05:58:59 PM
his mother, wasn't it?

Norseman
10 Jan 08, 07:30:06 AM
What was the crime in season 1, episode 3?

LuisGarcia
10 Jan 08, 07:34:35 AM
Holy cow.

Was the investigation of the murder of the pilot episodes noob still on going?

Norseman
10 Jan 08, 07:44:46 AM
I actually don't watch the show at all, I just checked google. By the looks of it, the investigation in the first episode ended in the first episode. Hint: Episode 3 was titled Wet Foot/Dry Foot

LuisGarcia
10 Jan 08, 07:48:52 AM
Crud.

I think that means you win.

Cos I don't know.

Norseman
10 Jan 08, 08:03:13 AM
Eh, take a guess. We're talking about one of the CSI shows. It's usually rape or murder or something.

LuisGarcia
10 Jan 08, 08:10:09 AM
Ah, wait, isn't it the one where Warwick relives his bookie runner past?

(Which wouldn't relate to the name of that episode at all. Confused)

Norseman
10 Jan 08, 08:25:58 AM
Oh, my mistake. The episode name is actually "Crate 'n Burial". It seems there are two plots in this episode. Warrick's half of the episode investigated a hit and a run. Do you know or can you guess the other crime?

LuisGarcia
11 Jan 08, 03:58:25 AM
The only one I can think of that would match that title was one where a woman is kidnapped and buried in the desert by her illicit lover.

Norseman
11 Jan 08, 05:30:18 AM
I believe that is correct.

LuisGarcia
11 Jan 08, 05:31:57 AM
Yeah, but it took me four posts and a couple of hints. Not sterling performance for a fanatic.