PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy Varient

Nightson
13 Nov 07, 04:22:59 AM
The great game of diplomacy, slightly modified. A game for eight players.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Night_son/Diplomacy/GameMap.png

Teh Rulez
1) Territories grant you $10 million at the beginning of each round
2) Cities grant you $15 million and allow you to build units.
3) Capitals function like cities, additionally you must keep your capital to keep your specials.
4) Naval Ports can be constructed to allow for the construction of Battleships. Naval Ports cost $30 million and take one turn to build.
5) Airfields can be constructed for Paratroopers to use. Airfields cost $40 million and take one turn to build.
6) Each country has a special that is unique to them.
7) It takes 3 Infantry Divisions, 2 Battleships, 3 Airborne Division, or 1 Tank Regiment to take over a neutral land.
8) Capturing a Sea Port require two Battleships.
9) Trading is allowed only if each countries are touching via land, or can draw a line between a territory belonging to each of them that passes through no more then five sea zones. Trading grants 10% of your trading partners cash rounded up. (No one loses money)
10) Achieving a complete blockade of a country my land and sea will prevent that country from trading.
11) There are 6 Sea Ports around the map that grants you 10% of your income when controlled. Sea ports take 2 Battleships to capture.
12) You should feel free to make any Proclamations or Acts that you like. For example, if Britain decides that the waters around Britain are threatened, he can issue a Proclamation saying that any entry into the waters around Britain will be treated as an act of war. You could also issues statements like "Anyone who trades with Austria will be an enemy of the British nation."
13) You are allow to burn your own ports and airfields. If an enemy is approaching, and you feel you can't defend the city, you can order troops garrisoned inside the city to destroy improvements. You must have a unit however present in your city in order to destroy improvements.
14) You may disband your units for 50% refund.
15) Neutral lands captured assimilate in one turn, enemy lands captured assimilate in two.

Teh Legend
- [F] = Fleet/Battleship
- [A] = Army/Infantry
- [T] = Tank
- [P] = Paratroopers
- [C] = Transport
- Circle = Capital
- Square = Cities
- Large square = Sea Ports.
- Blue Square = Naval Base
- Black Strip = Airfield

Teh Units

- Army/Infantry Division: The most common unit, has a combat effectiveness of one. Can move one land per turn. Costs $10 million to build.

- Tank Division: Highly mobile units, has a combat effectiveness of three. Can move two land in a turn while in friendly or enemy territory. Cannot double hop into neutral territory. Cost $40 million to build.

- Paratrooper Division: Paratroopers function as Infantry divisions in all but one respect. When located in a territory with an airstrip, paratroopers may jump to any territory no more then three moves away. Seas count as two territories for the purpose of determining this. Cost $20 million to build.

- Battleship Fleet: The standard naval fighting force, a Battleship Fleet has a combat effectiveness of one. Can move one sea zone in a turn. Battleships may attack and/or takeover coastal territories. When inside a coastal territory, Battleships can be attack by ground forces. Requires a Naval Port to produce and costs $20 million to build.

- Transport Fleet: A fleet for transporting land divisions across the seas. One fleet can hold four total infantry divisions or a single tank division. Loading and unloading from a transport does not require an action.

Nightson
13 Nov 07, 04:45:14 AM
Teh Combat Rulz
-Will come in the morning, too tired right now

Teh Countries

Britain(Purplish Blue)
Economy : $100 million
Starting Territory: 4 Cities, 4 Territory, 1 Naval Base at Cym
Special-
Diplomacy: Can force one country to stop trading with another country.
Naval Superiority: 15% bonus for Naval Forces.

Austria (Red)
Economy : $90 million
Starting Territory: 4 Cities, 4 Territory
Special-
Austrian Tank: Tanks have a combat effectiveness of four.
Landlocked: Trade profits decreased from 10% to 5%. (Landlock is nullified once you capture a coastal land.)

France (Blue)
Economy : $120 million
Starting Territory: 4 Cities, 6 Territory.
Special-
Maquis: French territories take three turns to assimilate

Germany (Grey)
Economy : $110 million
Starting Territory: 4 Cities, 5 Territory.
Special-
Falliscramjager : German Paratroopers can jump four moves instead of three.

Italy (Green)
Starting Territory: 4 Cities, 4 Territory,
Special-
Italian Trade: Trading income increase from 10% to 15%.

Poland (White)
Starting Territory: 3 Territory, 4 Cities.
Special-
Hardened Soldiers: Units on the defensive receive a 25% instead of 15%

Turkey (Yellow)
Starting Territory 4 Cities, 4 Territory.
Special-
Sea Resources: Sea Ports give 15% instead of 10%

Ukraine (Orange)
Starting Territory : 4 Cities, 3 Territory.
Special-
Ukrainian Infantry: For every five Infantry Divisions produced, you receive one extra division.

Countries are on a first come, first serve basis. Game will start as soon as eight people sign up.

Placebo Messiah
13 Nov 07, 05:42:29 AM
I'm not sure what's going on here, but I'm confident that it's pretty fucking nerdy

meepmork
13 Nov 07, 05:46:10 AM
That's funny.

I never realized St. Petersburg was landlocked. :p

Monkey Pants
13 Nov 07, 06:22:21 AM
That's funny.

I never realized St. Petersburg was landlocked. :p

I think that the whole region is labelled as St. Petersburg. The square in the middle of it represents some kind of production facility somewhere in the region, not the city that the region gets its name from.

Monkey Pants
13 Nov 07, 06:25:26 AM
The great game of diplomacy, slightly modified.

Hmmm...

I dispute the use of the word "slightly" here. This is a very heavily modified (and much more complicated) version of "Diplomacy".

I may or may not be in - I'll have to think about it. I was planning on running a standard Diplomacy game here soon anyway...

beyelzu
13 Nov 07, 10:33:02 AM
im in for both games, modified diplomacy looks pretty fucking cool.

Sarpedon
13 Nov 07, 01:37:47 PM
Why is Belarus labeled 'Ukraine', why is 'Muscovy' in the Ukraine? Why do we seem to be playing the archduchy of Lithuania and the Khanate of the Crimea rather than Russia?

The Anglican Sea? what the hell? do the fish there argue over whether or not to allow gay fish become priests?

The gulf of Lyon is next to corsica?

Why is Croatia called Tyrolia, and Bosnia called Croatia?

Why is Iceland called 'Iris?'

Nightson
13 Nov 07, 01:56:00 PM
Bey, you get to choose which country you want when you /in

Sarp, the important question, why Poland and Ukraine over Russia would be that it allows for an eight player game.

As to all the map inaccuracies and weirdness, that's because I'm not the original source of the board. I just took someone else's and made it ten times prettier.

Sarpedon
13 Nov 07, 01:59:31 PM
If you are going to do that, why not have a credible imperial power, like, you know, SPAIN or SWEDEN?

Nightson
13 Nov 07, 02:26:11 PM
If you are going to do that, why not have a credible imperial power, like, you know, SPAIN or SWEDEN?

Spain would leave France nowhere to expand. Sweden would either have nowhere to expand and give Turkey a ton a space to expand, or it would have too much space to expand into. And it's existence would give Great Britain nowhere to expand to.

Tears On My Dong
13 Nov 07, 02:40:39 PM
It's a game, not a historical simulation.

Sarpedon
14 Nov 07, 03:18:29 PM
Oh, and why is what is now Syria a SEA?

Deadlokd
14 Nov 07, 03:24:00 PM
I'm in too. bey, I'm watching you.

Deadlokd
14 Nov 07, 03:30:05 PM
Monkey Pants, I'll be in for your game too. I was eliminated way too quickly in the FF game.

beyelzu
14 Nov 07, 06:25:53 PM
Bey, you get to choose which country you want when you /in

Sarp, the important question, why Poland and Ukraine over Russia would be that it allows for an eight player game.

As to all the map inaccuracies and weirdness, that's because I'm not the original source of the board. I just took someone else's and made it ten times prettier.

well then i want to be eukranian.

beyelzu
14 Nov 07, 06:27:07 PM

what, im just as trustworthy as i always was.

further, i would never fuck you 2 games in a row. that would mean you would never trust me again.

Deadlokd
14 Nov 07, 10:12:58 PM

what, im just as trustworthy as i always was.

further, i would never fuck you 2 games in a row. that would mean you would never trust me again.

1. So, not at all.
2. What makes you think I trust you now? I like you, I just don't trust you.

beyelzu
17 Nov 07, 12:06:34 AM
those are both excellent points they, but i assure you that i have no designs on the fine people of whatever fucking country you decide to run :)

seriously, guys, you need to sign up.

Norseman
17 Nov 07, 02:59:36 AM
I'll go with Germany.

Nightson
17 Nov 07, 03:31:25 AM
So, two countries taken. They, you should claim what country you want.

Deadlokd
17 Nov 07, 03:44:20 AM
Cool, I'll take the Polish. Hopefully they'll do better in game than they have in real life.

Midson
17 Nov 07, 05:19:42 AM
i'll take Italy

Deadlokd
17 Nov 07, 05:36:03 AM
Hello midson. First post, jumping straight into the games. Care to tell us about yourself?

Midson
17 Nov 07, 06:00:42 AM
Hello midson. First post, jumping straight into the games. Care to tell us about yourself?

Yeah, I'm new here. A friend recommended this forum to me, It's really interesting. And i found this game was complicated, so i'd like to give it a shot.:p

Deadlokd
17 Nov 07, 06:04:43 AM
Cool, which friend was it, if you don't mind saying. I hope you gave him or her referral rep.:cool:

beyelzu
17 Nov 07, 08:12:02 AM
alright we only need a few more.

Deadlokd
17 Nov 07, 05:45:31 PM
I call sock puppet on midson. Who's owning up to it?

Midson
18 Nov 07, 03:43:43 AM
sock puppet?Ha, no. I'm from China, am I the first Chinese here?:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, i have to quit the game for some reason of time. Wish there will be another chance to join it.

Nightson
19 Nov 07, 12:42:48 AM
Poland: They
Ukraine: Beyzelu
Germany: Norseman

Still need five more people, I'm looking at you MP and Tears

Silent Dave
16 Dec 07, 04:58:38 PM
Don't think I have the time to participate, but where did you get this variant? It looks awesome.

beyelzu
16 Dec 07, 09:08:36 PM
come on guys please sign up