PDA

View Full Version : "Guess The Movie" Thread!

CanoeMan
9 Nov 07, 03:53:19 PM
Rules: One guy posts a quote from a movie. The next guy correctly identifies the movie, and posts another quote.

The person who posts the next-to-last quote wins!

So, I'll start:

"What's a nubian?"

Unleavened Jesus
9 Nov 07, 04:20:02 PM
Chasing Amy.

"Are you still believin' in that big bearded Boss up there? You think he's watchin' us?"

MarkW
9 Nov 07, 04:32:06 PM
That is from Cool Hand Luke

Next:

"You're a wanker, Number Nine!"

Patronus Potter
9 Nov 07, 05:23:59 PM
Imagine Me & You.

"I think you should call your mothah, and tell her you're nawt gonna be home for suppah."

kwigibo
9 Nov 07, 07:14:07 PM
The Departed

"Jesus-Christ-bananas, some fuckarow this is turning into"

Tears On My Dong
9 Nov 07, 07:36:30 PM
I moved this to the games forum.

ELV
9 Nov 07, 07:51:30 PM
I have no idea Tears.

Callandor
9 Nov 07, 07:58:50 PM
Dreamcatcher.

"Its origin and purpose are still a total mystery."

Hint is that it's the last line of the film.

kwigibo
9 Nov 07, 08:18:55 PM
2001: A New Wave Godyssey

"Paco, everybody loves you! I love you!"

(In tribute to this week's episode of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia")

Bubble Man
9 Nov 07, 08:21:33 PM
Serpico

"Do you ever get the feeling that everything in America is completely fucked up? "

Tom Sawyer
9 Nov 07, 09:31:45 PM
Pump up the volume

And yes, I admit that I know way too much about Christian Slater

"There are literally thousands of other men that I should be with instead, but I am 72 percent sure that I love you."

Bubble Man
9 Nov 07, 09:46:22 PM
Anchorman

"It's the dough Roper, or we gotta break something. You got it? Freddy says this is for your own good."

Pavlov's Dog
9 Nov 07, 09:54:00 PM
Enter the Dragon (awesome movie)

"English, motherfucker. Do you speak it?"

Bubble Man
9 Nov 07, 10:01:04 PM
Pulp Fiction

"Jesus Titty Fuckin' Christ"

Beren
10 Nov 07, 12:47:09 PM
Pulp Fiction

Um.. Team America maybe?

Bubble Man
10 Nov 07, 01:38:14 PM
Pulp Fiction

Um.. Team America maybe?

That's correct. Please to be posting the next quote.

Patronus Potter
11 Nov 07, 10:29:29 AM
Can I jump-start the game?

"Your parents' death was not your fault. It was your father's."

Placebo Messiah
11 Nov 07, 04:23:48 PM

batman

next:

"Why do you suppose we only chase the ones who run away?"

Placebo Messiah
11 Nov 07, 04:24:21 PM

batman

Hedwig
12 Nov 07, 09:55:35 AM

batman

next:

"Why do you suppose we only chase the ones who run away?"

Dangerous Liaisons? (One of my favorite movies! :))

"The revealing of her panties wasn't intentional or unintentional. She just didn't give a damn. She saw me as so physically and sexually non-threatening, she didn't mind if I get a bird's eye view of her love nest. It was same to her as a house cat sneaking a peek. "

Placebo Messiah
12 Nov 07, 02:30:52 PM
right on, I didn't think anyone was gonna get that

Placebo Messiah
12 Nov 07, 02:31:48 PM
also Bubba Ho Tep was a fantastic movie ;)

Patronus Potter
12 Nov 07, 02:44:08 PM

It posts another movie quote, or else it has to - uh - leave the boat.

Placebo Messiah
12 Nov 07, 02:49:39 PM
fine!

This one's from one of my all-time favorite movies:

"I know who you are and you are nothing. You think you are fucking something, but you are fucking nothing. You are empty. You are a zero. You are a black hole, and I'm gonna fuck you so bad you'll be coming out of your ears."

It posts another movie quote, or else it has to - uh - leave the boat.

also nice Buffalo Bill allusion there

MarkW
12 Nov 07, 06:12:12 PM
That is from Happiness

Next:

I'm a hero. I was shot twice in the Tribune.
I read where you were shot 5 times in the tabloids.
It's not true. He didn't come anywhere near my tabloids.

Mark

Placebo Messiah
12 Nov 07, 06:16:51 PM
I cheated so I'm not gonna reveal it

kwigibo
12 Nov 07, 06:35:34 PM
The Thin Man?

"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown... the mysterious. The unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you, the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony, of the miserable souls, who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent. My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts of grave robbers from outer space? "

MarkW
12 Nov 07, 07:52:38 PM
The Thin Man?

Yep.

Monkey Pants
13 Nov 07, 12:51:08 AM
"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown... the mysterious. The unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you, the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony, of the miserable souls, who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent. My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts of grave robbers from outer space? "

Plan Nine From Outer Space! That's Criswell's introduction.

And I got it after the first sentence...

Okay, here's mine.

"Maybe you should put some shorts on, or something, if you want to keep fighting evil today."

The Path of Needles
13 Nov 07, 01:14:27 AM
Mystery Men.

"That's bullshit. Smurfette fucks all the other Smurfs. Why do you think Papa Smurf made her? Because all the other Smurfs were getting too horny."

the WORST elf
13 Nov 07, 08:27:21 AM
Mystery Men.

"That's bullshit. Smurfette fucks all the other Smurfs. Why do you think Papa Smurf made her? Because all the other Smurfs were getting too horny."

Donnie Darko. Gimme a sec to come up with another quote.

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

beyelzu
13 Nov 07, 09:02:06 AM
royal tenenbaums

beyelzu
13 Nov 07, 09:02:38 AM
"you into that yet, pillow bitin, you will be. one day youre saving the rain forest, the next chugging cock"

Fatty
14 Nov 07, 01:39:34 PM
Things to do in Denver when you're Dead.

Wake up. Time to die.

Clete
14 Nov 07, 01:42:53 PM
Things to do in Denver when you're Dead.

Wake up. Time to die.
Blade Runner

"Calloway. I'm English not Irish."

MarkW
15 Nov 07, 07:22:15 PM
That is from The Third Man

Next:

"We didn't exactly believe your story, Miss O'Shaughnessy, we believed your 200 dollars. I mean you paid us more than if you had been telling us the truth, and enough more to make it alright."

Mark

Patronus Potter
15 Nov 07, 08:06:55 PM
The Maltese Falcon?

Yes!!

"You may not be able to fight like a samurai... but you can at least die like a samurai."

Deadlokd
15 Nov 07, 09:22:57 PM
Kill Bill Vol. 1

"Hell I can say "meow". I can say "moo", for twenty bucks I'll call the guy a chickenfucker."

kwigibo
15 Nov 07, 09:46:43 PM
Super Troopers

Deadlokd
15 Nov 07, 09:49:27 PM
Yup, one of my favourites.

kwigibo
15 Nov 07, 09:51:50 PM
"That's just the way it crumbles... cookie-wise."

kwigibo
15 Nov 07, 09:53:44 PM
Yup, one of my favourites.

Unjustly overlooked by a lot of people.

Interesting bit of trivia, the people in the car that he says 'chicken-fucker' to are his parents.

Deadlokd
15 Nov 07, 09:58:18 PM
Heh, I didn't know that. That's hilarious. Have you seen Dreadlock Island?

kwigibo
15 Nov 07, 10:05:52 PM
Heh, I didn't know that. That's hilarious. Have you seen Dreadlock Island?

Should I have? I saw Club Dread, but it was hit and miss, same with Beerfest.

Deadlokd
15 Nov 07, 10:09:31 PM
Shit, that's the one. I haven't seen Beerfest. Is it worth the DVD rental?

kwigibo
15 Nov 07, 10:11:13 PM
Shit, that's the one. I haven't seen Beerfest. Is it worth the DVD rental?

On dollar Tuesday, yeah.

kwigibo
16 Nov 07, 11:38:23 PM
Just to re-iterate, the quote is -

"That's the way it crumbles... cookie-wise."

Placebo Messiah
17 Nov 07, 06:51:58 AM
Just to re-iterate, the quote is -

"That's the way it crumbles... cookie-wise."

I only starting watching this flick because it was a period piece, and for some reason it reminded me of oscar wilde, in the comedy-of-manners sort of way.

-The Apartment

"I find it difficult to convince myself that God would have introduced such a foul being into creation without endowing her with some virtues"

beyelzu
17 Nov 07, 08:09:12 AM
the name of the rose

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesnt exist."

MarkW
17 Nov 07, 12:04:46 PM
That's The Usual Suspects

Next:

You see? This is what I get for bettin' on my own home town ballteam. I ought'a have better sense.
Wouldn't hurt to have a better home town.

Mark

kwigibo
19 Nov 07, 04:49:31 AM
The Last Picture Show

"And after the awful deed is done, he finds that he's plagued by deep-rooted guilt. Little sparks of his religious background which he'd rejected are suddenly stirred up. He hears his father's voice. He imagines that God is watching his every move. Suddenly, it's not an empty universe, but a just and moral one, and he's violated it. Now, he's panic-stricken. He's on the verge of a mental collapse-an inch away from confessing the whole thing to the police. And then one morning, he awakens. The sun is shining, his family is around him and mysteriously, the crisis has lifted. He takes his family on a vacation to Europe and as the months pass, he finds he's not punished. In fact, he prospers. The killing gets attributed to another person-a drifter who has a number of other murders to his credit, so I mean, what the hell? One more doesn't even matter. Now he's scott-free. His life is completely back to normal. Back to his protected world of wealth and privilege. "

Placebo Messiah
19 Nov 07, 05:04:06 AM
crimes and misdemeanors

"stupid fucking white man"

kwigibo
19 Nov 07, 05:55:21 AM
A little generic ;)

Oolon Colluphid
19 Nov 07, 06:17:05 AM
Dead Man

"Tinned food on an island famous for its fruit and vegetables?"

Hedwig
19 Nov 07, 09:15:50 AM
Wicker Man. (I'm assuming the original since I haven't seen the remake.)

"Um, well, ordinarily when you make glue first you need to thermoset your resin and then after it cools you have to mix in a Poxide which is really just a fancy schmancy name for any simple oxygenated adhesive, right? And then I thought maybe, just maybe, you could raise the viscosity by adding a complex glucose derivative during the emulsification process and it turns out I was right."

Tom Sawyer
19 Nov 07, 11:33:25 AM
Wicker Man. (I'm assuming the original since I haven't seen the remake.)

"Um, well, ordinarily when you make glue first you need to thermoset your resin and then after it cools you have to mix in a Poxide which is really just a fancy schmancy name for any simple oxygenated adhesive, right? And then I thought maybe, just maybe, you could raise the viscosity by adding a complex glucose derivative during the emulsification process and it turns out I was right."

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion

That was a funny movie.

"You've got an overdeveloped sense of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble someday."

Fatty
19 Nov 07, 01:04:57 PM
FFS. The princess bride?

But captain, to obey - just like that - for obedience's sake... without questioning... That's something only people like you do.

MarkW
19 Nov 07, 06:36:31 PM
That is from Pan's Labyrinth

Next:

"It's called a confidence game. Why? Because you give me your confidence? No. Because I give you mine. "

Mark

Patronus Potter
20 Nov 07, 06:47:14 AM
That could be from a few different things but I believe it comes from House of Games.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by a horrible cunt... me."

Oolon Colluphid
20 Nov 07, 07:00:32 AM
That's got to be Snatch.

"It's also possible for a lawyer to be just plain stupid, isn't it?"

Placebo Messiah
20 Nov 07, 07:05:05 AM
12 angry men

"I may have taught him everything he knows, but I certainly never taught him everything I know."

Fatty
21 Nov 07, 08:56:06 AM
Near Dark. Class flick.

Four of them with automatic weapons against some swamp rat. I make it even money.

Marcus
21 Nov 07, 09:06:35 AM
Southern Comfort

Dyin'? Boy, he can have this little life any time he wants to. Do ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, ol' timer. Let me know you're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it.
I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself.

Fatty
21 Nov 07, 11:40:07 AM
Cool hand luke. awesome.

They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

Patronus Potter
21 Nov 07, 11:49:04 AM
Grosse Point Blank.

"What happens to a man when he loses everything? Everything he's worked for... everything he believes in? Driven from his home... cast out of society... how can he survive? Where can he go? New York City! For centuries people have come to New York seeking refuge from their troubled lives. Now I am one of them."

TySixtus
21 Nov 07, 11:57:28 AM
Grosse Point Blank.

"What happens to a man when he loses everything? Everything he's worked for... everything he believes in? Driven from his home... cast out of society... how can he survive? Where can he go? New York City! For centuries people have come to New York seeking refuge from their troubled lives. Now I am one of them."

Election

"Jesus Christ, lady. Look, we can do this all goddamn day. You want to assess all this blame? I'm going to call you on it. So what is this? I mean, I can make it very simple for you. You want to talk? I'll talk. I have no problem with that. But if this becomes some half-ass ambush, and you're putting me under the lamp, I will walk. Now."

MarkW
21 Nov 07, 11:59:20 AM
That is Election

Edit: And TySixtus's quote is from Narc

I didn't know what I was doing. I, I didn't know anything except how much I hated him. But I didn't take anything. I didn't, Jeff. Don't you believe me?
Baby, I don't care.

Mark

Placebo Messiah
21 Nov 07, 08:23:14 PM
green text is impossible to read against grey background

MarkW
21 Nov 07, 08:36:15 PM
green text is impossible to read against grey background

Sorry, it's too late to edit and change colors, but I'll make a note for the future. Here's the quote in plain text:

"I didn't know what I was doing. I, I didn't know anything except how much I hated him. But I didn't take anything. I didn't, Jeff. Don't you believe me?"
"Baby, I don't care."

Mark

Patronus Potter
24 Nov 07, 09:14:01 AM
I don't think anyone knows that... I looked up the movie and hadn't heard of it. Could you give us a different one?

MarkW
24 Nov 07, 11:34:59 AM
Okay, the movie was Out of the Past

Try this one:

We want to hurt no one. We're here for the bank's money, not your money. Your money is insured by the federal government, you're not gonna lose a dime. Think of your families, don't risk your life. Don't try and be a hero

Mark

Riddle Of Steel
24 Nov 07, 12:20:41 PM

Try this one:

We want to hurt no one. We're here for the bank's money, not your money. Your money is insured by the federal government, you're not gonna lose a dime. Think of your families, don't risk your life. Don't try and be a hero

Mark

I'm pretty sure its Heat.

Easy one:

Surely there is very real and very convincing data that the planet cannot survive the excesses of the human race: proliferation of atomic devices, uncontrolled breeding habits, the rape of the environment, the pollution of land, sea, and air. In this context, isn't it obvious that "Chicken Little" represents the sane vision and that Homo Sapiens' motto, "Let's go shopping!" is the cry of the true lunatic?

kwigibo
24 Nov 07, 06:29:58 PM

Try this one:

Mark

I'm pretty sure its Heat.

Easy one:

Surely there is very real and very convincing data that the planet cannot survive the excesses of the human race: proliferation of atomic devices, uncontrolled breeding habits, the rape of the environment, the pollution of land, sea, and air. In this context, isn't it obvious that "Chicken Little" represents the sane vision and that Homo Sapiens' motto, "Let's go shopping!" is the cry of the true lunatic?

12 Monkeys

"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work. "

The Path of Needles
24 Nov 07, 07:04:43 PM
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

"I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why."

Hedwig
24 Nov 07, 08:23:25 PM
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

"I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why."

The Prophecy. Christopher Walken was so awesome in that. :)

"All I know is that this Lo Pan character comes out of thin air in the middle of a goddamn alley while his buddies are flying around on wires cutting everybody to shreds while he just STANDS there waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!"

Riddle Of Steel
25 Nov 07, 12:03:06 AM
Big Trouble in Little China...classic

I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different.

Viscous Love
25 Nov 07, 12:31:12 AM
Memento. Not quite as classic as BTiLC. I've got a great quote in mind, but it's too long and too memorable, so I'll go for a less recognizable line from the same movie.

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. It's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor… and surviving.

Nice game, by the way. Rep.

Koyaanisqatsi
25 Nov 07, 01:38:05 AM
Vicious Love:

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. It's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor… and surviving.

Apocalypse Now.

I don't want another murder in this case and you were born to be murdered.

CanoeMan
26 Nov 07, 12:59:17 PM
Dammit, I should know that one.

Koyaanisqatsi
26 Nov 07, 03:56:33 PM
It's a classic. And if you don't know it when it's revealed, you should see it immediately.

MarkW
26 Nov 07, 04:48:55 PM
It's The Third Man

Next:

The accepted social order is that head cheerleaders date star quarterbacks, not academic wannabees.
Don't be so superficial.
Superficial... four syllables, that's really good Stan, you're on your way. Let me know how the cure for cancer goes.

Mark

Oolon Colluphid
27 Nov 07, 02:10:05 AM
The Faculty, iirc.

"Who's hand was I holding?"

Monkey Pants
27 Nov 07, 02:33:52 AM
Evil Dead II?

But I think that "Who's hand am I holding?" - so your quote might be from a different film...

CanoeMan
27 Nov 07, 03:08:26 AM
It's The Third Man

Mark

*facepalm*

Dammit, I knew I'd seen it. Man, I'm failing in my own game thread. I shoulda rigged the rules, somehow.

Deadlokd
27 Nov 07, 03:25:16 AM
The Faculty, iirc.

The Haunting. A moderately freaky film from the sixties.

"There's nothing funnier than the ridiculous faces you people make mid-coitus."

Monkey Pants
27 Nov 07, 03:38:45 AM
The Faculty, iirc.

The Haunting. A moderately freaky film from the sixties.

"There's nothing funnier than the ridiculous faces you people make mid-coitus."

Dogma?

Deadlokd
27 Nov 07, 03:39:57 AM
Yes it is. Would you like the cigar or the kewpie doll?

Monkey Pants
27 Nov 07, 03:47:01 AM

I'll go for the knee in the temple and the dagger up the clitoris, please.

Here's my quote:

"There are certain RULES that one must abide by in order to successfully survive a horror movie. For instance, number one: you can never have sex. BIG NO NO! BIG NO NO! Sex equals death, okay? Number two: you can never drink or do drugs. The sin factor! It's a sin. It's an extension of number one. And number three: never, ever, ever under any circumstances say, "I'll be right back." Because you won't be back."

Deadlokd
27 Nov 07, 03:49:30 AM

I'll go for the knee in the temple and the dagger up the clitoris, please.

Here's my quote:

"There are certain RULES that one must abide by in order to successfully survive a horror movie. For instance, number one: you can never have sex. BIG NO NO! BIG NO NO! Sex equals death, okay? Number two: you can never drink or do drugs. The sin factor! It's a sin. It's an extension of number one. And number three: never, ever, ever under any circumstances say, "I'll be right back." Because you won't be back."

I won't have a real go, but it was Scream 1-7. Or was it Scream 8?

Knees and daggers en route.

kwigibo
27 Nov 07, 03:49:40 AM
Scream

kwigibo
27 Nov 07, 04:00:14 AM
"Look, all I can tell you is what I've already told Mister Beasley: none of us saw anything. It was just one of those things: Bluey Barnes was reading a magazine; Ambrose Hatcheson was taking a piss; Johnny Price was washing his hands; Jimmy Loughnan was watching a bull ant crawl across the table, and I was watching Jimmy watching the bull ant."

Oolon Colluphid
27 Nov 07, 04:20:35 AM
Evil Dead II?

But I think that "Who's hand am I holding?" - so your quote might be from a different film...

Nah, think more classic than that. It was "was I holding". The money line from one of the scariest films ever. And as things have moved on, it was, of course, The Haunting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Haunting_%281963_film%29).

ETA: Ah. Ho hum. ;)

The Path of Needles
2 Dec 07, 04:21:35 PM
"Look, all I can tell you is what I've already told Mister Beasley: none of us saw anything. It was just one of those things: Bluey Barnes was reading a magazine; Ambrose Hatcheson was taking a piss; Johnny Price was washing his hands; Jimmy Loughnan was watching a bull ant crawl across the table, and I was watching Jimmy watching the bull ant."

I cheated, but since no one seems to know this I'll just say it, being a dirty fucking cheater and all.
Chopper.

"They're not dead exactly, they're just... sort of rotting."

Starshark
2 Dec 07, 05:10:04 PM

I cheated, but since no one seems to know this I'll just say it, being a dirty fucking cheater and all.
Chopper.

"They're not dead exactly, they're just... sort of rotting."

Braindead aka DeadAlive by Peter Jackson.

The Path of Needles
2 Dec 07, 05:54:57 PM
Yes, are you going to add a quote???

Here, I'll just put another Braindead quote:
"Stand back boy! This calls for divine intervention!
I kick ass for the lord!"

Kaede
10 Dec 07, 09:07:22 AM
Let's kick start this thread again:

As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "I" in meat pie. Anagram of meat is team... I don't know what he was talking about...

Hedwig
10 Dec 07, 09:40:48 AM
Shaun of the Dead.

And in a similar vein...

"Girl: No, please don't! He's only eating me!
Francesco: Move aside.
Girl: Mind your business! I shall be eaten by whoever I please!
Francesco: This is my business. They pay me for it."

Kaede
13 Dec 07, 01:36:35 AM
Shaun of the Dead.

And in a similar vein...

It took some looking for the translation of the title to English (just a quick visit to IMDB, actually) but the American title was Cemetery Man, or Of Death, of Love for the rest of the English speaking world (I think).

Here's a new quote (and an easy one at that, I would think):

Ladies and gentlemen, you have been judged guilty of sinning against our almighty God, and I promise you, you shall pay for your trespasses, in blood!

Deadlokd
13 Dec 07, 01:39:05 AM
Shaun of the Dead.

And in a similar vein...

It took some looking for the translation of the title to English (just a quick visit to IMDB, actually) but the American title was Cemetery Man, or Of Death, of Love for the rest of the English speaking world (I think).

Here's a new quote (and an easy one at that, I would think):

Ladies and gentlemen, you have been judged guilty of sinning against our almighty God, and I promise you, you shall pay for your trespasses, in blood!

Ah Dogma, Kevin Smith you did it again.

Deadlokd
13 Dec 07, 01:44:32 AM
What can you tell me about a seven foot lunatic hacking away with a broadsword at one o'clock in the morning, New York City, 1985?

:confused:

Kaede
13 Dec 07, 01:46:56 AM
What can you tell me about a seven foot lunatic hacking away with a broadsword at one o'clock in the morning, New York City, 1985?

Oh well, that's easy:

Highlander

Now I've got to think of another one...

Do you think I made a mistake splitting his brain between the two of them?

Deadlokd
13 Dec 07, 01:52:58 AM

Oh well, that's easy:

Highlander

Oh come on, two of my favourite movies in a row? It's just a jump to the left......

Let me think........

Mother is God in the eyes of a child.

Hedwig
14 Dec 07, 09:14:22 AM

Oh well, that's easy:

Highlander

Oh come on, two of my favourite movies in a row? It's just a jump to the left......

Let me think........

It sounds like a line from The Crow, which is "Mother is the name for God on the lips and and hearts of all children." But I don't know if that's the movie you meant.

The Path of Needles
14 Dec 07, 09:24:20 AM
Oh well, that's easy:

Highlander

Let me think........

It sounds like a line from The Crow, which is "Mother is the name for God on the lips and and hearts of all children." But I don't know if that's the movie you meant.

No it's not The Crow, I don't think (I cheated and googled this one).

The Path of Needles
2 Jan 08, 06:01:22 PM
I fucked it up last time, but I'll try this again.

"Mother is God in the eyes of a child" Silent Hill.

"Yeah chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe."

Bowen
2 Jan 08, 06:41:39 PM
Superbad

"Fish, and plankton, and sea greens, and protein from the sea. It's all here, ready. Fresh as harvest day."

Hedwig
2 Jan 08, 07:13:22 PM
Logan's Run.

"I'm not a Frenchie! I'm a Belgie!"

(Hint: this movie -- though he didn't speak this particular line -- was one of the very few movies Truman Capote ever acted in.)

Bowen
2 Jan 08, 07:54:58 PM
Murder by death

"Excellent. He's enterprising, aggressive, outgoing, young, bold, vicious. He'll do."

The Path of Needles
3 Jan 08, 04:49:34 PM
A Clockwork Orange

Probably an easy one if you've seen the movie.
"Oh look, there! There she is! The winner's a girl! Surviving a fierce battle that raged 2 days, 7 hours and 43 minutes... the winner is a girl! Look, she's smiling! Smiling! The girl definitely just smiled! "

Kaede
4 Jan 08, 08:23:27 AM
A Clockwork Orange

Probably an easy one if you've seen the movie.
"Oh look, there! There she is! The winner's a girl! Surviving a fierce battle that raged 2 days, 7 hours and 43 minutes... the winner is a girl! Look, she's smiling! Smiling! The girl definitely just smiled! "

It rings a bell from the Japanorama series that Jonathan Ross did for BBC Four, is it from a Japanese film? It so rings a bell, but I cannot remember the title for the life of me.

The Path of Needles
4 Jan 08, 02:03:52 PM
Yeah, Wikipedia says it was on Japanorama. It's from the film Battle Royale.

Kaede
7 Jan 08, 03:50:05 AM
I suppose it is back to me then:

"Yes, I did it, I killed Yvette. I hated her, so much... That... it... it... flam - flames. Flames, on the side of my face... "

CanoeMan
8 Jan 08, 04:12:13 PM
What really miffes me is that I started this thread, yet never seems to be able to know the movie :/

Hedwig
8 Jan 08, 06:52:27 PM

"Yes, I did it, I killed Yvette. I hated her, so much... That... it... it... flam - flames. Flames, on the side of my face... "

Clue. (One of my very favorite movies when I was a kid. :))

"What I do find pathetic is people who, as soon as they hear that the world is ending, they rush out and try to hook up with someone like it was closing time at Studio 54."

(P.S., I'll give rep to the person who gets this one. Sadly and shamefully, no one ever seems to have heard of this movie, even though it's fantastic.)

Kaede
14 Jan 08, 09:00:34 AM

"What I do find pathetic is people who, as soon as they hear that the world is ending, they rush out and try to hook up with someone like it was closing time at Studio 54."

(P.S., I'll give rep to the person who gets this one. Sadly and shamefully, no one ever seems to have heard of this movie, even though it's fantastic.)

I fear you might have gone for something terribly obscure here :(

Since you yourself admit that no one seems to have heard of this movie, then chances are you are one of the few blessed with the knowledge of the film this quote relates to.

Hedwig
14 Jan 08, 09:18:24 AM

I fear you might have gone for something terribly obscure here :(

Since you yourself admit that no one seems to have heard of this movie, then chances are you are one of the few blessed with the knowledge of the film this quote relates to.

Well, I thought that since people here were able to identify stuff as obscure as Murder by Death, that this movie would be a snap. Especially since it's one of a precious few end of the world movies that seems totally devoid of anything spiritual or supernatural. I guess I was hoping it'd be popular with my fellow non-theists. Also, it has Sandra Oh in it, and I hear she's become pretty popular.

In any case, it's Last Night. A Canadian movie I highly recommend (and it is available on DVD).

I guess I lose...or win....whatever. Someone else go.

CanoeMan
14 Jan 08, 09:57:27 AM
Ghaa! I knew that! I love that movie! I was just too late to answer!

Oh gods, the humility...

The Path of Needles
15 Jan 08, 03:33:28 PM
I guess I lose...or win....whatever. Someone else go.

I'll go.
I don't know if this is really easy or really hard.

"I wish there is someway I can repay you."
"Well, for a start, you can give me your left arm."

kwigibo
15 Jan 08, 11:30:57 PM
Not 'Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy' is it?

The Path of Needles
15 Jan 08, 11:38:25 PM
no. I'll post another quote from the same movie.

"If you were any thinner, you wouldn't exist."

CanoeMan
16 Jan 08, 03:25:09 AM
Hah! The Machinist (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361862/)!

I should have gotten it on the "left arm" thing by itself, but for some reason, I didn't.

Here's one:
If we're built from Spirals while living in a giant Spiral, then is it possible that everything we put our hands to is infused with the Spiral?

Kaede
16 Jan 08, 08:47:19 AM
Hah! The Machinist (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361862/)!

I should have gotten it on the "left arm" thing by itself, but for some reason, I didn't.

Here's one:
If we're built from Spirals while living in a giant Spiral, then is it possible that everything we put our hands to is infused with the Spiral?

That's from Pi. An excellent film.

Now, for the next one:

No, it's not. It's fucking Sunday. And I've got to go to fucking work in four fucking hours 'cos every other fucker in my fucking department is fucking ill! Now can you see why I'm SO FUCKING ANGRY?

CanoeMan
16 Jan 08, 08:58:58 AM
"Prick."

That's Shaun of the Dead, which I shamelessly admit to having seen more times than I can count.

Next one:
You know, the Nazis had pieces of flair that they made the Jews wear.

Hedwig
16 Jan 08, 09:38:16 AM
Office Space

Lloyd: I'm starting to know what God felt like when he sat out there in the darkness, creating the world.
Belinda: And what did he feel like, Lloyd my dear?
Lloyd: Very pleased he'd taken his Valium.

If you've never seen this movie...well, shame on you, because it fucking rocks! :)

Hedwig
16 Jan 08, 09:45:40 AM
"Prick."

That's Shaun of the Dead, which I shamelessly admit to having seen more times than I can count.

Me too. :)

Patronus Potter
16 Jan 08, 10:23:07 AM
"Prick."

Me too. :)

I'm sorry, guys.

Reign_Cryogen
16 Jan 08, 07:33:44 PM
I gave everyone a big enough head start, methinks.

Hedwig: Noises Off

We feel - and I will go the mile with you on this - we feel that every building should have floors, and that's, of course, one per level. Now it goes without saying that one man's floor is another man's ceiling, so in order to keep them separate we're recommending...walls.

Reign_Cryogen
18 Jan 08, 01:31:01 PM
Wow, did I break the thread with that one?

ELV
18 Jan 08, 01:34:37 PM
yes

Reign_Cryogen
18 Jan 08, 01:40:25 PM
Surburban Commando. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103003/)

Reign_Cryogen
18 Jan 08, 01:47:41 PM
"Wait a minute! Wait a minute! You mean to tell me that in a fit of jealousy you wrote your wife a love letter?"
"That's right! I knew she was just an innocent victim of circumstance!"
"I suppose you used the old lipstick-on-the-mirror routine?"
"Lipstick, yes. Mirror, no. I found a nice, clean piece of paper."

Jacey
18 Jan 08, 01:57:22 PM
"Wait a minute! Wait a minute! You mean to tell me that in a fit of jealousy you wrote your wife a love letter?"
"That's right! I knew she was just an innocent victim of circumstance!"
"I suppose you used the old lipstick-on-the-mirror routine?"
"Lipstick, yes. Mirror, no. I found a nice, clean piece of paper."

DEAR JESSICA, LET ME COUNT THE WAYS...............ONE ONE THOUSAND, TWO ONE THOUSAND

Jacey
18 Jan 08, 01:58:46 PM
"I've been swimming in raw sewage. I love it"

Lanakila
18 Jan 08, 04:59:06 PM
"I've been swimming in raw sewage. I love it"
Naked Gun 2 1/2.

Leads, yeah, sure. I'll just check with the boys down at the crime lab, they've got four more detectives working on the case. They got us working in shifts! Leads!

kwigibo
19 Jan 08, 04:12:15 AM
To be fair, the rug did tie the whole room together.

Big Lebowski

kwigibo
19 Jan 08, 04:19:24 AM
Yes, a movie

I thought that my home was my castle
With no one scrutinizing me
No pigs, no lyin' bitch, no hassle
Y'all are brutalizing' me
Can't a man not drink his beer in silence?
Can't a man not crudely lie and scream?
Can't a man not control his bitch with violence?
Y'all are brutalizing me

Hedwig
19 Jan 08, 03:50:58 PM
Ummmm...The Care Bears Movie? ;)

kwigibo
19 Jan 08, 06:16:36 PM
No.

Here's a clue, Mandy Patinkin sings it.

Hedwig
19 Jan 08, 08:07:56 PM
No.

Well, I don't know. But I do know that if Mandy Patinkin sings a song like that, I'm going to love the movie it's in. :yum:

kwigibo
19 Jan 08, 08:43:10 PM
No.

Well, I don't know. But I do know that if Mandy Patinkin sings a song like that, I'm going to love the movie it's in. :yum:

Prepare to be disappointed.

CanoeMan
1 Feb 08, 06:11:58 PM
Resurrection!

"It's in! Oh my god, it's in!"

kwigibo
5 Feb 08, 04:41:16 PM
Resurrection!

"It's in! Oh my god, it's in!"

Superbad?

For the record, mine was 'Run, Ronnie, Run'

kwigibo
5 Feb 08, 04:47:50 PM
"If you wanna smear mud on your ass, smear mud on your ass, just be honest about it. Look Gene, I've never told anyone this before, but I can suck my own dick, and I do it a lot. "

MarkW
27 Feb 08, 11:26:33 PM
After three weeks of no one getting that, I decided some research was in order. :yes:

That is from Wet Hot American Summer.

Next:

We have clearance, Clarence.
Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower's radio clearance, over!
That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Over.
Roger.
Huh?

Kaede
28 Feb 08, 12:39:46 AM
We have clearance, Clarence.
Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower's radio clearance, over!
That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Over.
Roger.
Huh?

That is from Airplane

And the next one:

My father used to say that not playing to win is like sleeping with your sister. Sure she's a great piece of tail, with a blouse full of goodies, but... it's just illegal. Then you get into that whole inbred thing. Kids with no teeth who do nothing but play the banjo... eat apple sauce through a straw... pork farm animals.

CanoeMan
28 Feb 08, 03:33:27 AM
Hot Shots!

(Or Hot Shots 2!)

ETA: Quote:
You're my lawyer so I think you should know: I've killed a lot of people. Some girls in the apartment uptown uh, some homeless people maybe 5 or 10 um an NYU girl I met in Central Park. I left her in a parking lot behind some donut shop. I killed Bethany, my old girlfriend, with a nail gun, and some man uh some old faggot with a dog last week. I killed another girl with a chainsaw, I had to, she almost got away and uh someone else there I can't remember maybe a model, but she's dead too. And Paul Allen. I killed Paul Allen with an axe in the face, his body is dissolving in a bathtub in Hell's Kitchen. I don't want to leave anything out here. I guess I've killed maybe 20 people, maybe 40. I have tapes of a lot of it, uh some of the girls have seen the tapes. I even, um... I ate some of their brains, and I tried to cook a little. Tonight I, uh, I just had to kill a LOT of people. And I'm not sure I'm gonna get away with it this time. I guess I'll uh, I mean, ah, I guess I'm a pretty uh, I mean I guess I'm a pretty sick guy. So, if you get back tomorrow, I may show up at Harry's Bar, so you know, keep your eyes open.

kwigibo
28 Feb 08, 05:48:27 AM
American Psycho

Put some extra moozarella on that motherfucker and shit.

Fatty
6 Mar 08, 12:36:09 PM
Do the right thing.

Have you tried talking to a corpse? It's boring.

CanoeMan
6 Mar 08, 05:11:52 PM
I know that one. I think.

Is it a zombie movie?

Fatty
6 Mar 08, 07:29:58 PM
no

Hedwig
6 Mar 08, 08:35:04 PM
Do the right thing.

Have you tried talking to a corpse? It's boring.

American Werewolf in London. Love that movie.

Want some advice?
Well, yeah.
Here's all you need to know. Classes: nothing before eleven. Beer: it's your best friend, you drink a lot of it. Women? You're a freshman, so that's pretty much out of the question. Will you have a car?
Uh, no.
Someone on your floor will. Find them and make friends on the first day.

I can't remember if there's been a quote from this movie before. I just watched it again the other night and I still really enjoyed it. Better advice has never been given. ;-)

kwigibo
9 Mar 08, 06:57:22 AM
I'm thinking PCU, but that can't be right.

Hedwig
9 Mar 08, 02:57:21 PM
I'm thinking PCU, but that can't be right.

Actually, you are correct. :)

kwigibo
9 Mar 08, 05:13:02 PM
Jeremy Piven Hasn't aged a day. He plays a very convincing 40-year old college student.

As a matter of fact, Father, I know I can get my hands on an entire shipment of religious relics, blessed by the Pope himself. The Germans swiped them and put them on the open market. As I understand it, the stuff includes a wrist and collarbones of some of your top saints!