PDA

View Full Version : South Park Mafia - Day 5

th1nk3r
6 Nov 07, 01:01:41 PM
And then there were 8...

Laughing Dog (Principal Victoria) was found dead, with a coin stuck behind his (or her) ear, implanted all the way through the brain. Principal Victoria was the Informant. Chef, aka ELV, was forced to suicide as a result of his lover's death. He was the Vigilante.

3. Tears in the Rain
5. Bradshaw
9. Jacey
10. Tom Sawyer
11. Damian
14. Beren
18. Ambivalent
19. Pavlov's Dog

5 votes to lynch, Tears has double vote.

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 01:09:01 PM
OK, I thought LD was bad. Good job to the mafia for doing our work for us. It sucks we lost the vigilante, though. That limits our options.

The mafia has now lost two members, as well as the informant and the brainwashed villager. That means that there's probably only one left (assuming they started with three).

Bradshaw becomes the cop tonight, so Ambivalent needs to protect him and the doc needs to cover Jacey.

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 01:16:24 PM
I'm thinking. Do we need to lynch anybody? We have to vote, but Tears can give a pardon. We have dual protection on Jacey and Bradshaw to keep the cop alive and viewing people. Why help the last mafia guy even things out by killing off random villagers?

Vote for a lynch, pardon and then have Bradshaw view while Ambivalent and the doc switch protection. There's no point in knocking off more people than we have to.

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 01:18:48 PM
We need to reason this through, so lets please refrain from voting until all the information is out there and we have a plan of action. I'm at work and I have things to say, so I'll try and get it out when time permits.

Jacey
6 Nov 07, 01:19:18 PM
Vote Beren

Because I hate non-players, and teh mafia is srs bizness

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 01:20:10 PM
ELV was also a sibling, and I am the last remaining sibling.

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 01:20:49 PM
Don't mind Jacey. Refrain from voting please.

Jacey
6 Nov 07, 01:21:40 PM
ELV was a lover, sibling and vigilante?

the WORST elf
6 Nov 07, 01:22:52 PM
ELV was also a sibling

Can th1nk3r confirm this? The OP doesn't mention this.

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 01:25:04 PM

Well, that's good. This counts as another viewing. You can convert someone to be your new sibling. If you try and convert a mafia member, you die. If you try and convert a townie, they are your new sibling. So, if you say whom you're going to try and convert, your living or dying will show whether or not that person was mafia.

Even if you're killed by the mafia targetting you, the person you try and convert will still become a sibling and can then try and convert to get a read the next night.

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 01:26:30 PM
I hope he will confirm it. Yes, Skeptic recruited me on the night he died, and I chose ELV.

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 01:27:19 PM

Well, that's good. This counts as another viewing. You can convert someone to be your new sibling. If you try and convert a mafia member, you die. If you try and convert a townie, they are your new sibling. So, if you say whom you're going to try and convert, your living or dying will show whether or not that person was mafia.

Even if you're killed by the mafia targetting you, the person you try and convert will still become a sibling and can then try and convert to get a read the next night.

Exactly, we need to decide who would make a good target and I can verify if they are mob, at my expense, of course. ;)

th1nk3r
6 Nov 07, 01:29:00 PM
ELV was also a sibling

Can th1nk3r confirm this? The OP doesn't mention this.

I only confirm the original role in the death notice, not the recruits of any kind (siblings, brainwashed villagers turned mafia, whatever).

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 01:29:29 PM
I was a bit worried about tears being the informant, but he looks clear of that role at least. My other thought was using the mayoral position to nullify a mob. That would mean sacrificing tears, so I dont know if its worth the risk right now. Let's see what bradshaw has to say.

I think it's almost time for the doc to out as well. We are getting close to end game, and the more verified the better. But no need to do it until we know everything we can know today.

the WORST elf
6 Nov 07, 01:31:18 PM

Exactly, we need to decide who would make a good target and I can verify if they are mob, at my expense, of course. ;)

Jacey. It's a safe way of finding out once and for all if that last lover tandem is reliable.

Jacey
6 Nov 07, 01:32:35 PM
Why shouldn't I have a hundred roles and make that bullseye a bit bigger

the WORST elf
6 Nov 07, 01:34:29 PM
For such a big bullseye you've sure managed to last a long time.

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 01:35:49 PM

Because having both you and the doc gives the double protection to Bradshaw and Jacey, you're probably dead tonight anyways. I'm actually surprised that you've lasted this long.

Say who you're going to convert and then have Bradshaw view someone else. Making this public will, of course, give the mafia the opportunity to take a shot in the dark amongst the other three people in order to try and get the double kill on Bradshaw and Jacey, but that would be a risky move. It also gives us more incentive not to lynch anyone ourselves.

They'll kill someone tonight, but then we'll still be at 7 people, with three confirmed goods (four if you're not dead).

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 01:36:20 PM
Hopefully Bradshaw took a look at Jacey.

Right now, I'm leaning towards recruiting Tears. It's almost a numbers game now, and the extra votes worry me.

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 01:37:41 PM

Because having both you and the doc gives the double protection to Bradshaw and Jacey, you're probably dead tonight anyways. I'm actually surprised that you've lasted this long.

Say who you're going to convert and then have Bradshaw view someone else. Making this public will, of course, give the mafia the opportunity to take a shot in the dark amongst the other three people in order to try and get the double kill on Bradshaw and Jacey, but that would be a risky move. It also gives us more incentive not to lynch anyone ourselves.

They'll kill someone tonight, but then we'll still be at 7 people, with three confirmed goods (four if you're not dead).

Theyd have to be lucky to kill me. I can swap myself as well as other people. Yes, we need to hear from Bradshaw, then come up with a night plan before we move the game forward.

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 01:37:58 PM
Ambivalent, who did you switch last night?

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 01:40:11 PM
Just tell us whether it's Jacey or Bradshaw, not who with, so the mafia doesn't have that info, but the doc knows who to protect

Jacey
6 Nov 07, 01:41:01 PM
So now we're just waiting till Bradshaw gets out of 7th period to find out info on who he viewed last night..........anyone got any ghost stories?

th1nk3r
6 Nov 07, 01:42:32 PM
So now we're just waiting till Bradshaw gets out of 7th period to find out info on who he viewed last night

Check the peanut gallery. Bradshaw gets a view next night, this time he only found out trillian's readings.

Jacey
6 Nov 07, 01:45:24 PM
So now we're just waiting till Bradshaw gets out of 7th period to find out info on who he viewed last night

Check the peanut gallery. Bradshaw gets a view next night, this time he only found out trillian's readings.

ooooo

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 01:50:33 PM
Ambivalent, who did you switch last night?

Sorry, I swapped myself with Pavlov.

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 01:55:09 PM
Well, I'm open for suggegstions. We have two (im including myself) confirmed good out of 8.

If we take out Jacey (and Brad) and I view tears, whats the worst case scenario?

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 02:00:09 PM
Worst case right now is the last mafia (I'm assuming there's only one more) having the governorship for the tiebreak.

I'd say that you try and convert Tears and Bradshaw view Damian, since he's the backup. Pick either Jacey or Bradshaw to switch out with a random other (keep that to yourself) and then the doc can protect the other one.

That should give us three confirmed goods tommorrow morning.

Tears On My Dong
6 Nov 07, 02:00:24 PM
I think siblinging me is a good plan. Btw, I am a regular townie with no role. I consider myself expendable. Of course, I would say that if I was evil too, but not if I had a special role.

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 02:01:42 PM
I think siblinging me is a good plan. Btw, I am a regular townie with no role. I consider myself expendable. Of course, I would say that if I was evil too, but not if I had a special role.

What do you think of the "pardon the lynchee" plan?

the WORST elf
6 Nov 07, 02:07:10 PM
Why can't we just vote "no lynch?"

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 02:07:48 PM
Why can't we just vote "no lynch?"

The day doesn't end until there's a lynch victim.

the WORST elf
6 Nov 07, 02:10:12 PM
Was this stated somewhere? I thought mafia always allowed for a no lynch vote.

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 02:11:47 PM
I'm not sure putting myself at risk (for a mob kill) to protect Jacey is such a good idea. I think Tears is a good convert, if they choose to kill him I can verify the next night, and we can use his mayoral position to verify (or at least nullify) yet another.

I'd rather just throw myself out there and try to avoid a night kill. If the mob wants to take out Brad and Jacey, they have my blessing. We know we have a doc, so he can still throw a kink in that.

Tears On My Dong
6 Nov 07, 02:13:35 PM

What do you think of the "pardon the lynchee" plan?

I'm open to it but I think the odds are in our favor to lynch someone.

Tears On My Dong
6 Nov 07, 02:14:58 PM
I think we should all out our names and roles now if anyone hasn't.

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 02:15:32 PM
I'm not sure putting myself at risk (for a mob kill) to protect Jacey is such a good idea. I think Tears is a good convert, if they choose to kill him I can verify the next night, and we can use his mayoral position to verify (or at least nullify) yet another.

I'd rather just throw myself out there and try to avoid a night kill. If the mob wants to take out Brad and Jacey, they have my blessing. We know we have a doc, so he can still throw a kink in that.

You're not doing it to protect Jacey, you're doing it to protect Bradshaw - they die together and you can't protect yourself tonight. Having the cop view is important here because we don't want to be stabbing in the dark.

The sibling conversion is one more piece of information that survives the sibling's death.

Pavlov's Dog
6 Nov 07, 02:16:05 PM
Pick either Jacey or Bradshaw to switch out with a random other (keep that to yourself) and then the doc can protect the other one.

How can the doc protect the other one, when he keeps who he switched to himself?

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 02:16:23 PM
I think we should all out our names and roles now if anyone hasn't.

I think that the doc should still stay quiet. There's no point in revealing himself just yet.

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 02:17:42 PM
Pick either Jacey or Bradshaw to switch out with a random other (keep that to yourself) and then the doc can protect the other one.

How can the doc protect the other one, when he keeps who he switched to himself?

No, he keeps who he switches Bradshaw and Jacey with quiet, but he mentions one of those two. For instance, if he were to switch Jacey and Beren, he would just say that he's switching Jacey and then the doc would know to protect Bradshaw.

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 02:23:04 PM
Was this stated somewhere? I thought mafia always allowed for a no lynch vote.

I just read the rule and you appear to be right. I thought that meant that you could just not vote, but "no vote" seems to be a valid option that can get to a majority.

So,

No Vote

eta: I suppose that should say Vote: No Lynch

Tears On My Dong
6 Nov 07, 02:25:50 PM
We should consider the possibility that there are 2 cops left. With the number of specials, it seems a reasonable possibility and should not be discounted.

In any case, I am ok with the no lynch or pardon plan. We have enough people left that we should be able to win this with tonight's information.

vote no lunch

the WORST elf
6 Nov 07, 02:26:01 PM
Sweet, then no vote, no lynch

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 02:28:43 PM
win this with tonight's information.

vote no lunch

Why don't you want lunch? I always find that my afternoon is unproductive if I don't take a midday break to get some food.

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 02:30:26 PM
We should consider the possibility that there are 2 cops left. With the number of specials, it seems a reasonable possibility and should not be discounted.

Good point. If there's another cop out there, he should give his info now.

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 02:31:54 PM
I'm a sitting duck if I swap Jacey or Bradshaw. I'm not feeling this plan, and I doubt I'll follow it through. I have a powerful role and it seems a waste to lose it. I think we can win this with numbers, if we go over the possibilites. I'm still in favor of Sacrificing Jacey and Bradshaw.

Beren
6 Nov 07, 02:35:20 PM
I find the fact that Jacey immediately wants to make a lynch bandwagon extremely suspicious.

But then again, it may be because he keeps want to lynch me.

At any rate, I agree with Amb. Let's not lose him, and that plan will.

Also, I'm a regular Townie. No special anything. Which is sort of boring.

Ah hell, vote no lynch

Tears On My Dong
6 Nov 07, 02:35:26 PM

Good point. If there's another cop out there, he should give his info now.

I mean Blainite. There may be more than one bad guy left.

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 02:36:27 PM
I'm a sitting duck if I swap Jacey or Bradshaw. I'm not feeling this plan, and I doubt I'll follow it through. I have a powerful role and it seems a waste to lose it. I think we can win this with numbers, if we go over the possibilites. I'm still in favor of Sacrificing Jacey and Bradshaw.

Although you have a powerful role, the cop role is more powerful, especially if we're not going to be lynching people during the day, because we need the nightly reads to go by. You can save yourself, but you'd potentially be doing it at the expense of the town.

Tears On My Dong
6 Nov 07, 02:36:34 PM
I think I should unvote and eat lunch.

Beren
6 Nov 07, 02:37:02 PM
Oh, if it takes 5 votes, and we can vote no lynch and end the day. and Tears vote is x2. Day is over..

Beren
6 Nov 07, 02:37:32 PM
Well. Tears is hungry. So maybe not. =P

Tears On My Dong
6 Nov 07, 02:42:53 PM
Does anyone think Stan might be a Blainite since Wendy was?

Jacey
6 Nov 07, 02:44:35 PM

That was a theory I was going on since all the roles seem to be connected

the WORST elf
6 Nov 07, 02:44:44 PM

Who was the other Blainite, character wise?

th1nk3r
6 Nov 07, 02:45:12 PM
Tears unvoted too late.

Tom Sawyer, damian and Beren were already on the no lynch bandwagon, so with his 2 votes, that makes 5.

Nightfall.

Tom Sawyer
6 Nov 07, 02:45:14 PM

Who was the other Blainite, character wise?

The other one was Cartman, wasn't it?

edit: oops, sorry

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 02:48:56 PM
4 mob + terrorist + Brainwashed + informant would give them 7 mob out of 19. Throw in a crazy cop and that seems like overkill.

I'm working with the one mob left theory for now.

Tears: I don't know shite about southpark so I couldn't tell you.

I will say I'm probably not swapping Jacey or Brad. If the cop wants to protect them, that's his choice.

The last thing I'd caution against is my death tonight. I don't know how it will be portrayed. If Tears is mob, and I die because of it, he might withhold killing to make it look like i was the victim of a normal hit. That should give Bradshaw a read though, so that would be 3 confirmed good. If there are two mob kills, then obviously he's mob. Hopefully we wont have to worry about that scenario!

I will be making Tears a sibling tonight.

Ambivalent
6 Nov 07, 02:49:28 PM
Sorry bout that, the day hadn't ended when I made my post.

th1nk3r
6 Nov 07, 02:50:12 PM
No more posting please... crossposters are excused of course, but don't push it, i don't want to god-kill this far in the game.