PDA

View Full Version : holy shit

Bartholomew Roberts
10 Jul 09, 08:45:29 AM
no wonder you people don't play mafia anymore. From Tr.

After revealing I was Dr. Tam, the following did not change their lynch vote to kill the doctor: Bart Rob, Black5, Cockrell, Skeptic Tank, and Tenuous. Thinking out loud, that failure indicates either possible scum, inefficient or dumb townie, or _____ ? Before deciding who to lynch, I think an explanation from each one would be generally informative.

I also think jumping to any lynch vote on the 2nd day without any real new information is just pure guesswork.
I know the answers to several of those. With the exception of Black5 and(I think) tenuous, they weren't online/active after you revealed. Is that a desirable quality for a player? And why weren't they active or online? I think that would be useful information.

Imaginary Mark
10 Jul 09, 09:12:34 AM
If Red Dave ever joins a game over there, I am IN baby.

Reverend Spanky
10 Jul 09, 09:14:40 AM
Carrying a box for your teeth is a scum tell

Pagnostic
10 Jul 09, 09:20:18 AM
One of these days I am going to have to learn how to play this game.

dannian
10 Jul 09, 09:24:54 AM
I tried and couldn't do it. I was like Matt with Firefox

Rolling Donut
10 Jul 09, 11:01:34 PM
I tried and couldn't do it. I was like Matt with Firefox

WTF? Firefox rules.

Bartholomew Roberts
11 Jul 09, 12:14:55 PM
yeah but it's very technical

queen fart hallie
11 Jul 09, 03:28:29 PM
only if you're shizzle

Bartholomew Roberts
11 Jul 09, 08:53:57 PM
LOL
I just think it's amusing that mafia is a game designed to model social interaction. Because that's exactly what it's doing. Ethical behavior, and discourse that involves a minimal level of respect for others, evolves because lack of it undermines the society (town) which doesn't model such behavior and helps those who wish to destroy that society (scum).

Here at TR you're all trying to build a new society and the anonymity of the internet creates a kind of pre-civil anarchy in which everyone thinks they can treat anyone any way they wish ... it's Hobbes all over again. And mafiascum in particular is a game designed precisely to highlight that sort of thing.

I came and I laid down a requirement that I would not accept certain kinds of treatment ... it was a clear and simple condition which anyone should have been able to obey and which involved nothing more than treating me the same basic way you would want to be treated. Bart, Martin, and to a lesser extent Liz all chose to refuse to follow that very simple, reasonable request. At first you could have said that Martin's language was a "friendly flame game" but I made it very clear that it was unwelcome and he still chose to disobey the simple request of reciprocal respect that I laid down as a condition for my continuing cooperation with this game ... probably because he thought he was clever or something. Bart was nothing but a dumb animal with his behavior.

I can guarantee you that if Bart had said those things to my face, which I would welcome him to do, then he would suffer for it. I'm quite sure that everyone will laugh at such a comment and attribute my making it exactly to the anonymity of internet that I'm talking about. But it wouldn't be hard to find out who I am and to come to me to say those things to me if you wanted. In fact, I'd pay the travel expenses if he wanted or, if he wants, I'll come to him. But, if I pay, then he'd have to legally contractually obligate himself to say such things to my face. This is not a threat of harm because that would be against forum rules. It's an invitation to a face-to-face meeting for the express purpose of Bart's insulting me to my face. Conditional on that, some harm would in fact befall him at my doing. I am perfectly in earnest. I make the same offer to Martin. I also invite either of them to come visit me at their own expense anytime they wish and say those things.

If Bart and Martin apologize now in this thread right here and they sound sincere then it's a clean slate. If not then that pretty much says everything I need to know. I'm not taking this to the PG because it directly bears on the game as I said ... this is precisely the sort of thing that the game is meant to model. Fortunately for town we have some reason to think that at least a couple of the people who chose to insult me after I made my request are in fact scum.

I fully expect to be nightkilled now, which is fine since there's a good chance I was going to be anyway. That might buy town an extra day.

dannian
11 Jul 09, 09:00:03 PM
"That's nice Apostate but who do you want to lynch tonight?"

Imaginary Mark
11 Jul 09, 09:07:48 PM
I think I would have liked to have played in that game.

Girl
11 Jul 09, 10:57:59 PM
blaahhh blahhh blahhh

mac_philo
11 Jul 09, 11:05:48 PM
lol his sig

TR members who have said to Apostate1970 things which they wouldn't dare say to his face: Pavlov'sDog, BartRoberts, MartinM. Contact for further details about how to join or leave list if desired.

dannian
11 Jul 09, 11:10:50 PM
Bart, can you please link him to this thread? I want Apostate to know that he's a bitch ass faggot and that I'm going to knock his teeth down his throat

B.S. Lewis
11 Jul 09, 11:12:17 PM
I can guarantee you that if Bart had said those things to my face, which I would welcome him to do, then he would suffer for it. I'm quite sure that everyone will laugh at such a comment and attribute my making it exactly to the anonymity of internet that I'm talking about. But it wouldn't be hard to find out who I am and to come to me to say those things to me if you wanted. In fact, I'd pay the travel expenses if he wanted or, if he wants, I'll come to him. But, if I pay, then he'd have to legally contractually obligate himself to say such things to my face. This is not a threat of harm because that would be against forum rules. It's an invitation to a face-to-face meeting for the express purpose of Bart's insulting me to my face. Conditional on that, some harm would in fact befall him at my doing. I am perfectly in earnest. I make the same offer to Martin. I also invite either of them to come visit me at their own expense anytime they wish and say those things.

It sure takes a long time to say "why don't you say that shit to my face?" in British.

Imaginary Mark
11 Jul 09, 11:56:38 PM
That guy has gotta be trolling. No one is really that stupid.

Imaginary Mark
12 Jul 09, 12:07:10 AM
I think I would have liked to have played in that game.

BTW, thank you for the offer to unsuspend my account, ravenscape. I will let you know when I am ready.

I am thinking maybe it is better that I didn't participate in this one though, because I might have spend my time privately laughing at Apostate1970 instead of taking the game seriously. I would be letting the other players in the game down and the serious players like Bart Roberts deserve better than that.

stirrups
12 Jul 09, 12:13:35 AM
I'm quite sure that everyone will laugh at such a comment and attribute my making it exactly to the anonymity of internet that I'm talking about. But it wouldn't be hard to find out who I am and to come to me to say those things to me if you wanted. In fact, I'd pay the travel expenses if he wanted or, if he wants, I'll come to him. .

It sure takes a long time to say "why don't you say that shit to my face?" in British.

Haha, what was said to him? Someone threaten to skullfuck his firstborn? He seems mad.

halii
12 Jul 09, 01:13:37 AM
skeptic tank and crazy liz and martinm basically called him out for being a fucking retard in this game.
then he basically said he was going to vote for whoever insulted him the most because he wasn't taking any abuse.
so bart called him a piece of shit commie and told him to shut the fuck up obviously calling his bluff.

that set him off.

Imaginary Mark
12 Jul 09, 01:18:18 AM
Bart, you should take him up on the offer for a free plane ticket.

halii
12 Jul 09, 01:20:23 AM
i think we should all take teh free plane ticket and ask for him to make it around the same day. he can take us all individually but he has to pay for us to stay overnight so we can have a nice meet up. i'm thinking he pays for us to spend the night in a hotel (recover from our wounds lmao) then we charge some beers to the room and have ourselves a party.

SkepticTank
12 Jul 09, 08:50:20 AM
he's actually got some good game thoughts, but his posts are rambling tl;dr w0t's so my ADD doesn't let me read it all. Like a Coberst post, the most I'm gonna process is the first sentence of each paragraph.

halii
12 Jul 09, 12:30:55 PM
yes my favorite game thought he had was his idea to vote for whoever insulted him.

dannian
12 Jul 09, 12:32:03 PM
yes my favorite game thought he had was

Jesus Christ

halii
12 Jul 09, 01:04:12 PM
lol shutup mason

also i told him you are willing to go to houston to get your ass kicked by him.

you're welcome.

i am working on getting you a free vacation. it's not florida but beggars can't be choosers.

Bartholomew Roberts
12 Jul 09, 01:43:32 PM
I should apologize, this is obviously not what I had intended for it to be.

I am very sorry for calling out laughing dog the way I did.

dannian
12 Jul 09, 09:55:54 PM
*Walks into dark hotel room, flips on light, calls out "Who's there?", sees Apostate, Red Dave, 800 Gorilla, JamesBannon, etc. waiting in the shadows, cries out for help, gets his face stomped in and his jaw rebroken, ends longest action post sequence in RnR history*