PDA

View Full Version : Day Two

Pavlov's Dog
1 Apr 09, 07:00:11 AM
After an uncomfortable sleep, the Joes wake up to more bad news. There have been two more killings.

You now recognize that Spenser was actually Duke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_(G.I._Joe)) GI Joe's loyal field commander. His head has been sliced off by a very sharp blade. Now that he is dead you recognize that even while disguised as a Dr. Mindbender clone, Duke's demeanor and natural leadership abilities gave him an aura of authority that made his lynch votes seem more convincing, and in fact his vote carried the weight of two votes.

Additionally, you notices that Cockrell lies dead on the other side of camp with an arrow through his throat. He didn't even have a chance to scream. Now that he is dead you recognize that he is actually Wet Suit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet_Suit_(G.I._Joe)) a loyal GI Joe team member. Although Wet Suit is totally badass, he did not have any special skills that would help the Joes on this mission.

The Joes are feeling the pressure after losing three loyal team members including their field commander. You got to get tough. Go JOE!

Day ends at 8:00PM EST.

1. Ish
2. Halii
3. Damian
4. Shizz
5. Cockrell
6. SkepticTank
7. Mrickaby
8. Bart
9.ELV
10.Mark
11.Thinker
12.Tenuous
13.Trillian
14.Marcus
15.Spenser
16.Enigma
17.Potter
18.Plog

Ishmael
1 Apr 09, 07:32:04 AM
*shoot up some shit with a mini gun*

mrickaby
1 Apr 09, 08:04:59 AM
vote th1nk3r

I got some information on him that seems to connect him to Cobra-La.

the WORST elf
1 Apr 09, 08:10:34 AM
care to share the info before we cast our votes?

mrickaby
1 Apr 09, 09:07:51 AM
The player contacting me claims to be Scarlett, the prostitute, who can also search for clues on the person during the night.

An old statue showing mountains reaching into the clouds was found on him. This suggests to us the Himalayan base for Cobra-La.

I was contacted because I had voted for th1nk3r yesterday, getting off the Potter bandwagon.

the WORST elf
1 Apr 09, 09:12:49 AM
interesting, but wtf is cobra-la? isn't that the shit with serpentor?

Plognark
1 Apr 09, 09:13:15 AM
wtf is cobra-la?

:CONFUSEDED:

eta: wow this shit is gay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra-La)

Plognark
1 Apr 09, 09:20:45 AM
The player contacting me claims to be Scarlett, the prostitute, who can also search for clues on the person during the night.

An old statue showing mountains reaching into the clouds was found on him. This suggests to us the Himalayan base for Cobra-La.

I was contacted because I had voted for th1nk3r yesterday, getting off the Potter bandwagon.

Vote: Th1nk3r

Cobra-la is still extraordinarily gay. :colbert:

MattShizzle
1 Apr 09, 09:21:18 AM
vote Th1nk3r

:unsure:

Assuming this is true. From the game description at the beginning independants are unlikely, too.

Plognark
1 Apr 09, 09:27:58 AM
vote Th1nk3r

:unsure:

Assuming this is true. From the game description at the beginning independants are unlikely, too.

I would assume that any of this Cobra-la shit would just be Cobra faction. The only one I can think of that might be an indy is Storm Shadow, since he switched sides a few times, but then, I clearly missed out on a lot of G.I. Joe gayness in the later years with this Serpentor shit, so I dunno.

MattShizzle
1 Apr 09, 09:29:40 AM
I stopped watching maybe around 1985. From the nightkills descriptions Storm Shadow is almost certainly in the game and Cobra.

Bartholomew Roberts
1 Apr 09, 09:39:05 AM
Just like yesterday, I still feel good about this vote.

vote Th1nk3r

th1nk3r
1 Apr 09, 09:43:15 AM

This is such bullshit :laugh:

I was not visited by the prostitute last night, since my night action did not fail. :colbert:

Marcus
1 Apr 09, 09:45:22 AM
Your night action was?

SkepticTank
1 Apr 09, 09:49:40 AM
Your night action was?

Killing Spenser.

th1nk3r
1 Apr 09, 09:50:44 AM
Your night action was?

trying to prove i had one without revealing my powers in public, but if it comes to it i got no problem ...

anyway, at this point i'm thinking either that the prostitute role is a complete fabrication, since everyone looks like dr mindbender :clue9: - or that i was ninja'd and the prostitute ended up sleeping with someone else.

the WORST elf
1 Apr 09, 09:51:19 AM
vote thinker

Tenuous
1 Apr 09, 09:52:14 AM
vote th1nk3r

Could be a scum ploy by mrickaby or whoever contacted him (if someone did) ... but odds are not in your favour th1nk3r.

SkepticTank
1 Apr 09, 09:53:44 AM
Th1n3r has correctly identified my code name. He claims that was his night action.

th1nk3r
1 Apr 09, 09:56:47 AM
well guess i proved what i could prove, if you guys want to believe the "prostitute" go ahead :colbert:

second hand info is always the perfect ploy, now mrick will claim he was lied to :jerkoff:

i'll be on and off for the next few hours, but i'll try to be back for nightfall

mrickaby
1 Apr 09, 10:03:28 AM
You all have the information that I have. My ISP was down this morning before I came to work, so I am not sure what my availability will be this afternoon. Obviously when he comes up scum, I could use some protection because I am sure I will get hit being a spokesperson.

Tenuous
1 Apr 09, 10:08:02 AM
unvote

OK. Looking at the Cobra-La description on wiki it says they live in a massive cavern under the Himalayas.

Is there any connection in lore between the cobra-la civilisation and this Mindbender guy?

Tenuous
1 Apr 09, 10:08:48 AM
unvote

OK. Looking at the Cobra-La description on wiki it says they live in a massive cavern under the Himalayas.

Is there any connection in lore between the cobra-la civilisation and this Mindbender guy?

Ah yes, they spring him from prison. (more wiki shit)

SkepticTank
1 Apr 09, 10:24:59 AM
Fuck it, since the scum already know, I might as well out. I'm Spirit. I tracked th1nk3r last night and he's Cobra Commander.

vote th1nk3r final

Also, I could use protection.

Imaginary Mark
1 Apr 09, 10:29:21 AM
Are you claiming prostitute?

SkepticTank
1 Apr 09, 10:32:35 AM
No. MRick said that is Scarlett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlett_(G.I._Joe)). I'm Spirit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_(G.I._Joe)) and obviously scum have someone on their team who can view codenames. That's why even though th1nk3r was visited by her, he still was able to claim some kind of night move.

Tenuous
1 Apr 09, 10:34:28 AM
vote th1nk3r

Pavlov's Dog
1 Apr 09, 10:36:46 AM
I think the vote count is:

th1nk3r 7

Imaginary Mark
1 Apr 09, 10:37:26 AM
No. MRick said that is Scarlett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlett_(G.I._Joe)). I'm Spirit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_(G.I._Joe)) and obviously scum have someone on their team who can view codenames. That's why even though th1nk3r was visited by her, he still was able to claim some kind of night move.

Got it. Thanks.

Ok I am going to go out on a limb here and vote Thinker.

Marcus
1 Apr 09, 10:39:18 AM
My random on th1nk3r is looking pretty sweet now.

Marcus
1 Apr 09, 10:40:38 AM
In case just bolding doesn't cut it.

vote th1nk3r

trillian
1 Apr 09, 10:43:54 AM
This would make Th1nk3rs uncharacteristicly conservative day 1 make sense. Probably because his teammates would be pissed. Even with all these votes he still has yet to come out with a character name. Why would knowing someones name be a necessarily good power?

vote: Th1nk3r

ELV
1 Apr 09, 10:43:56 AM
vote th1nk3r

ELV
1 Apr 09, 11:05:48 AM
It seems like the rest of today will just be waiting now.

Pavlov's Dog
1 Apr 09, 11:07:09 AM
If people make their votes final, I could end the day sooner.

Marcus
1 Apr 09, 11:07:41 AM
PD, can we go final and get a new day going sooner?

SkepticTank
1 Apr 09, 11:07:48 AM
It'd be entertaining to see th1nk3r try and bullshit his way out.

Marcus
1 Apr 09, 11:08:15 AM
vote th1nk3r final

Pavlov's Dog
1 Apr 09, 11:09:02 AM
PD, can we go final and get a new day going sooner?

It is up to the town. If you are sure and make your votes final, I will end the day and start up a new one.

ELV
1 Apr 09, 11:09:06 AM
final th1nk3r

the WORST elf
1 Apr 09, 11:12:03 AM
btw, next time someone wants to create a fake view story, come up with something more believable than that cobra la himilayas bullshit.

the WORST elf
1 Apr 09, 11:12:49 AM
vote thinker final

MattShizzle
1 Apr 09, 11:14:05 AM
vote thinker final

mrickaby
1 Apr 09, 11:15:37 AM
vote th1nk3r final

Pavlov's Dog
1 Apr 09, 11:16:45 AM
I think two more final votes will do it.

Tenuous
1 Apr 09, 11:18:27 AM
th1nk3r final

Plognark
1 Apr 09, 11:26:44 AM
th1nk3r final

eta: let's get this shit movin'

Pavlov's Dog
1 Apr 09, 11:38:04 AM
The team grabs th1nk3r by the arms and drags him towards the gallows. th1nk3r begins to scream, shout and hiss as he is dragged along. In last ditch effort to save himself, he screams, "RETREAT!!!!!"

After the life finally leaves his body he transforms before your eyes, and you recognize that th1nk3r was actually Cobra Commander (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_Commander) leader of the international terrorist organization Cobra Command. Despite his questionable leadership skills, Cobra Commander was able to feign an aura of authority that made his lynch votes seem more convincing, and if he wanted them to, they would count as two votes.

Night Moves ASAP!

The new day wills start as soon as all the night moves are in. Any moves not received by 9:00 am EST tomorrow will be randomized.

Could somebody lock the thread? Thanks.