PDA

View Full Version : Street VI - Night 2

mrickaby
17 Mar 09, 03:58:01 AM
As the residents of the street come out of their apartments in the evening, you all notice that halii is missing. After a short search she is found in an alley. Actually, she is found apparently torn to pieces by hand in an alley. She was a streetie.

1. ELV
2. cockrell
3. damian
4. SkepticTank
5. Bartholomew Roberts
6. Tenuous
7. Plognark
8. th1nk3r
9. MattShizzle
10. Ishmael
11. Pavlov's Dog
12. trillian
13. Spenser
14. Marcus
15. halii

Daybreak is at 8PM EDT. Thanks to everyone for getting their moves in on time.

Tenuous
17 Mar 09, 06:24:43 AM
I'd guess Halii's death was some kind of vig/sk hit, and the cops were blocked. Assuming that's the rules/storyline of this game, cos a certain GM hasn't actually posted any :p

MattShizzle
17 Mar 09, 07:48:10 AM
Vote Ishmael

No participation at all so far.

the WORST elf
17 Mar 09, 08:03:37 AM
I'd guess Halii's death was some kind of vig/sk hit, and the cops were blocked. Assuming that's the rules/storyline of this game, cos a certain GM hasn't actually posted any :p

i tend to agree just because "torn to pieces by hand" doesn't sound like something cops would do.

at any rate, the seer viewed and contacted me last night.

Ishmael
17 Mar 09, 09:13:08 AM
Vote Ishmael

No participation at all so far.

I am participating now.

halii
17 Mar 09, 09:18:24 AM
:dinorage::dinorage::dinorage:

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 10:13:31 AM
So either a Vig or SK. I would guess the doc to be in contact with whoever was protected. Cockrell made a weird request of me, as if his shit yesterday wasn't strange enough. Waiting to hear back from him.

the WORST elf
17 Mar 09, 11:04:49 AM
vote cockrell.

he's the one that contacted me with that strange request yesterday, presumably to save himself since he was leading the lynch count. his request still makes no sense to me. he then said "i am the counterfeiter, i can tell if you're lying of you forward me your role PM" or some shit, and "if you don't do this, i'm pretty sure you're scum."

sorry, but that sounds like the worst idea for a role claim i've ever heard.

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 11:18:07 AM
That's something like what he told me, asked me to fish around for Mrickaby quotes and then he could tell me if they were truthful. What kind of role is that? Haven't heard back from him still.

Bartholomew Roberts
17 Mar 09, 11:29:13 AM
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Lie_Detector

apparently it's a role that's been used before.

whether he's being honest about that role claim I don't know

the WORST elf
17 Mar 09, 11:30:47 AM

he called it the "counterfeiter." that seems the exact opposite of a "lie detector."

SkepticTank
17 Mar 09, 11:31:14 AM
That's something like what he told me, asked me to fish around for Mrickaby quotes and then he could tell me if they were truthful. What kind of role is that? Haven't heard back from him still.

Yeah, I never heard from him either. I PM'd him right after he posted in-thread requesting that he give me something since I could be (and indeed was) the swing vote. He didn't, but I voted for th1nk3r based on public claims.

vote cockrell

Until we hear from other specials.

Nobody has counterclaimed damian's claim, so he's probably legit

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 11:33:23 AM

^ This one makes a bit more sense and I have used something like this in past games I GMed but cockrell is specifically fishing for Mrick quotes, at least from me.

We all got the same role PM regardless.

cockrell
17 Mar 09, 11:51:24 AM
I'm super busy and going on vacation tomorrow, so feel free to lynch me.

That said, everything I've said is the truth. My powers seem pretty useless especially since now the cat is out of the bag so :trowned:

Being skilled at counterfeiting money, you are able to easily spot a fake document. Since PMs can be quoted in this game, you can choose one post per night cycle claiming to be a quote from me to test if it is factual.

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 11:54:09 AM
Being skilled at counterfeiting money, you are able to easily spot a fake document. Since PMs can be quoted in this game, you can choose one post per night cycle claiming to be a quote from me to test if it is factual.

Hey cockrell,

Could you examine this Mrick quote I managed to scrounge up and tell me if it is true?

tia

SkepticTank
17 Mar 09, 11:59:55 AM
meta.

MattShizzle
17 Mar 09, 12:09:02 PM
I'm sticking with my vote. So far virtually every game I've seen quiet=scum.

Bartholomew Roberts
17 Mar 09, 12:10:34 PM
One?

cockrell
17 Mar 09, 12:12:31 PM

Hey cockrell,

Could you examine this Mrick quote I managed to scrounge up and tell me if it is true?

tia

it's twue

Bartholomew Roberts
17 Mar 09, 12:12:58 PM
I'm pretty much gone for the rest of the day now, I need to run some errands and get to work.. I don't think cockrell is scum and nobody is jumping out at me as scummy.

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 12:13:39 PM

Hey cockrell,

tia

it's twue

Well this changes everything. :colbert:

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 12:23:02 PM
I don't think cockrell is scum and nobody is jumping out at me as scummy.

Why would any cop give him anything other than the initial role PM we all got therefore how useful is he to the town? Informant maybe but what special would FWD him PMs either?

Not to mention mrick hasn't put much text into this game, I got the same single PM that was mass PMed to all of us and his OPs have been a sentence or two.

It is such a weird claim I am leaning towards it being true and if so sucks for you cockrell.

the WORST elf
17 Mar 09, 12:34:52 PM
normally i would consider it a weird but maybe believable claim. the circumstances of it make it more suspicious because it was an out to me of all people, presumably because he was close to being lynched. that makes it seem a lot more like a save his ass move.

cockrell
17 Mar 09, 12:54:05 PM
I figured you were least likely to be scum since you started an unnecessary bandwagon. Perhaps I should have chosen someone more credulous, but time was limited.

ELV
17 Mar 09, 01:04:34 PM
normally i would consider it a weird but maybe believable claim. the circumstances of it make it more suspicious because it was an out to me of all people, presumably because he was close to being lynched. that makes it seem a lot more like a save his ass move.

Don't specials often claim their roles as save-their-asses moves? It's a weird role but I have no reason to believe cockrell is lying.

the WORST elf
17 Mar 09, 01:10:46 PM

Don't specials often claim their roles as save-their-asses moves? It's a weird role but I have no reason to believe cockrell is lying.

definitely. so do scum is all i'm saying. give me a better option who to vote for and i'll switch. we can always have cockrell viewed tonight, but i don't have any leads on anyone else. i'm usually not a fan of "lynch the quiet ones"

ELV
17 Mar 09, 01:16:07 PM

definitely. so do scum is all i'm saying. give me a better option who to vote for and i'll switch. we can always have cockrell viewed tonight, but i don't have any leads on anyone else. i'm usually not a fan of "lynch the quiet ones"

Its better than "lynch the specials" :unsure:

the WORST elf
17 Mar 09, 01:17:32 PM
how do you feel about "lynch the ELV?"

ELV
17 Mar 09, 01:20:39 PM
its turrible

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 02:15:46 PM
Well, some have been around today and not posted at all.

Vote: Plognark

ELV
17 Mar 09, 03:32:02 PM
1. ELV
2. cockrell
3. damian cockrell
4. SkepticTank cockrell
5. Bartholomew Roberts
6. Tenuous
7. Plognark
8. th1nk3r
9. MattShizzle ishmael
10. Ishmael
11. Pavlov's Dog
12. trillian
13. Spenser plognark
14. Marcus
15. halii

plognark 1
cockrell 2.5?
ishmael 1

2 and a half hours left

ELV
17 Mar 09, 03:33:58 PM
I'm not into the cockrell lynch. vote plognark

trillian
17 Mar 09, 04:24:40 PM
I think cockrell is legit. I'll join the plog vote. There are lots of quiet players this game to choose from.
vote: plog

mrickaby
17 Mar 09, 04:59:03 PM
1. ELV - plognark
2. cockrell
3. damian - cockrell
4. SkepticTank - cockrell
5. Bartholomew Roberts
6. Tenuous
7. Plognark
8. th1nk3r
9. MattShizzle - ishmael
10. Ishmael
11. Pavlov's Dog
12. trillian - plognark
13. Spenser - plognark
14. Marcus
15. halii

plognark 3
cockrell 2.5
ishmael 1

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 05:06:26 PM
FUCKING NAIL BITER HERE!!!!!

cockrell
17 Mar 09, 05:12:45 PM
Might as well try and save myself

vote plognark

Tenuous
17 Mar 09, 05:22:43 PM
Since it seems that cockrell brought suspicion on himself in the first place with his weird PM requests, it makes his claim more convincing. Why put yourself under suspicion in the first place with such an elaborate setup for a claim?

the WORST elf
17 Mar 09, 05:40:58 PM
is there a reason to be voting plognark, specifically? yesterday you guys wanted to make him mayor.

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 05:42:07 PM
I just wanted to put pressure on a quiet person, not sure why it formed this bandwagon, however, if he is not going to show at all...

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 05:45:46 PM
I'll make it interesting since this game has gotten fucking boring:

Unvote; vote: Ishmael

trillian
17 Mar 09, 05:46:33 PM
I randomly chose him as mayor yesterday so no reason there. Today, I just voted for the wagon that wasnt cockrell since I believe his claims.

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 05:47:46 PM
1. ELV - plognark
2. cockrell
3. damian - cockrell
4. SkepticTank - cockrell
5. Bartholomew Roberts
6. Tenuous
7. Plognark
8. th1nk3r
9. MattShizzle - ishmael
10. Ishmael
11. Pavlov's Dog
12. trillian - plognark
13. Spenser - Ishmael
14. Marcus
15. halii

plognark 2
cockrell 2.5
ishmael 2

ELV
17 Mar 09, 05:51:31 PM
is there a reason to be voting plognark, specifically? yesterday you guys wanted to make him mayor.

Because he's been online and not posting, I guess. I just think he's a better lynch than a special.

SkepticTank
17 Mar 09, 05:54:56 PM
unvote

last minute again I know, but cockrell has made a testable claim. Not sure how useful he is (if his claim is true), but IMO, either Ish or Plog is a better lynch at this point.

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 05:57:02 PM
Tenuous is here, who the hell are you voting for? I'm not sure what is worse, total lack of participation or present lack of participation.

the WORST elf
17 Mar 09, 05:57:33 PM
unvote

last minute again I know, but cockrell has made a testable claim. Not sure how useful he is (if his claim is true), but IMO, either Ish or Plog is a better lynch at this point.

yeah, but how do we test his claim? have a special out to him? if he's lying you're just sacrificing a real special. there is absolutely no way to verify his claim short of a seer view.

ELV
17 Mar 09, 05:59:10 PM
We could have a bunch of townies out to him, one being a known special, and have him determine which is lying about being vanilla. He'd only be able to determine the special if he is one himself.

That's complicated though and would take a bunch of cooperating townies.

Spenser
17 Mar 09, 05:59:15 PM
ST you're gonna have to chose Ish or Plog even if you don't vote.

SkepticTank
17 Mar 09, 05:59:18 PM
vote plognark; coin came up heads

SkepticTank
17 Mar 09, 06:00:22 PM
We could have a bunch of townies out to him, one being a known special, and have him determine which is lying about being vanilla. He'd only be able to determine the special if he is one himself.

That's complicated though and would take a bunch of cooperating townies.

And I'm guessing his role only allows him to analyze one claim per day (night???).

mrickaby
17 Mar 09, 06:04:04 PM
Daybreak

Give me a few minutes to finalize, and I will be back. I encourage sending in night moves.

mrickaby
17 Mar 09, 06:09:42 PM
After a minimum of deliberation, and some late changes, Plognark is dragged into the middle of the busiest intersection on the street.

After his appeals to his innocence, he is beaten to death by the members of the town. He was a streetie.

Day moves please.