PDA

View Full Version : Discworld Day 5

LuisGarcia
10 Sep 08, 04:18:51 AM
After the misadventures of trying to leave Bad Ass the previous night, someone came up with the idea of building a large raft and using it to travel down river. After all, there were plenty of construction materials around from the debris and the collective geographic knowledge of the group was absolutely certain that the river went down towards the plains a good distance and most certainly did not loop around Bad Ass at all. This plan was agreed upon and so the raft was built, tested, and then started down river with everyone on board. The group's collective knowledge was correct in that the river did take everyone away from Bad Ass. Where it was lacking is that it didn't mention the massive waterfall a few miles downstream.

When the waterfall ahead was spotted, the river was too wide to push the raft onto either riverbank and so, after a valiant group effort to try to avoid going down the waterfall, the raft went over the edge and began the descent.

The raft and everyone on it plummeted down the waterfall. The fall seemed to take forever, but eventually it stopped. Oddly enough, it didn't stop with a massive crash on the rocks below and a chat with a rather professional bony fellow shortly afterwards, but rather the raft and everyone that was on it stopped falling at about 30 feet above the jagged rocks below and everyone suddenly began floating around the raft which was slowly descending towards a patch of ground beside the bottom of the falls.

Once the raft landed, three hovering gray figures appeared near the group. Before any in the group could compose themselves enough to ask a question, the group heard the following, not with their ears but rather as if someone had directly put the words in their heads:

We are the ones responsible for your continued existence, no matter how pathetically short it may be. Our vanguard has been watching you for some time.

"But, why would you be concerned with us?", asked someone in the group.

One amongst you will be helpful to our plans. That is why the vanguard was sent, and that is why you still live, for now.

"Who are you talking about?"

We will soon require the services of Tiffany Aching, the Slayer of Dreams. She...

There was a pause as the three figures looked at each other, and then:

We cannot say more, that is all.

The figures disappeared and the following words could be "heard" in a similar fashion:

ANY MORE MEDDLING ON THEIR PART AND AZRAEL WILL NOT BE AMUSED.

Afterwords, someone looked up in the sky and noticed that there was not a single Magpie in sight. Apparently, even the vampires and their servants know when they have been outclassed...

When you wake, you find FuzzyFungi swinging from a tree nearby. Fuzzy was a drome.

Meanwhile, Damian is sleeping in today, and cannot communicate.

dancer_rnb
Tenuous
FuzzyFungi
jamesbannon
ELV
mrickaby
Pavlov's Dog
Bartholomew Roberts
Th1nk3r
Sarpedon
Reign
SkepticTank
cockrell
halii
uncool
enigma
sonofsyd
trillian
d0t
damian
Matt
Spenser

Day 5 ends in 12 hours.

sonofsyd
10 Sep 08, 05:04:35 AM
Well, we're out of Bad Ass at least. Anyone know who these grey characters might be?

d0t
10 Sep 08, 05:25:12 AM
Well, we're out of Bad Ass at least. Anyone know who these grey characters might be?

Being personifications of a concept, the Auditors have no fixed shape. When they manifest in the world, however, they almost always appear as empty grey cowled robes, an appearance which conveys drabness and dullness rather than danger. They do not speak, but rather impart the memory of having spoken directly into people's minds.

Clear enough.

halii
10 Sep 08, 05:28:48 AM
Not clear enough. They require Tiffany Achings.

The Wee Free Men, dromes are bizarre, inhuman creatures that inhabit the parasite universe known as Fairyland.

Dromes are large, blobby gray creatures, much like misshapen snowmen, with gray, doughy flesh, beady eyes and a small, toothless mouth.

Tenuous
10 Sep 08, 05:42:28 AM
I guess that makes it pretty clear that Fuzzy isn't the SK.

vote d0t

jamesbannon
10 Sep 08, 05:50:14 AM
And neither is d0t. That was a set-up to finger d0t as the serial killer. Also, since I think Tenuous is a drome, he is voting d0t to protect the serial killer working for them. I think the SK is Trilian. vote Trillian.

Tenuous
10 Sep 08, 06:00:24 AM
And neither is d0t. That was a set-up to finger d0t as the serial killer. Also, since I think Tenuous is a drome, he is voting d0t to protect the serial killer working for them. I think the SK is Trilian. vote Trillian.

That logic is retarded. We already know the drome vig is dead and why would an SK who is 'working for the dromes' (as though that's likely) be killing dromes? :durr:

jamesbannon
10 Sep 08, 06:43:03 AM

That logic is retarded. We already know the drome vig is dead and why would an SK who is 'working for the dromes' (as though that's likely) be killing dromes? :durr:

It's a blind. d0t is not the SK in my estimation. Killing an already outed drome would be a perfect way of deflecting attention away from Trillian. Also, there is more than one killing role in the game.

halii
10 Sep 08, 06:55:09 AM
Well I still don't know why we're acting like sleeping in blocks a night move. We've had no evidence of that and no one has said anything about that besides speculation from the same group. I think it's just a drome silence and the reason for the silence fits in with their character perfectly and nothing more.

I don't know why we can't just assume there's a protector who stopped a NK last night. That happens all the time in games where there's no silence ability.

d0t
10 Sep 08, 07:53:36 AM
I don't have the power to kill anyone.
Don't think trillian is the SK either, so I'll just vote for a bad guy known to want to destroy all life and such:
vote damian

SkepticTank
10 Sep 08, 07:55:23 AM
Also, there is more than one killing role in the game.

The first two night kills fell off a bridge, and were deliberately drowned.

Night 3 there was no kill

Night 4, FF was hanged.

ELV
10 Sep 08, 08:05:24 AM

Night 4, FF was hanged.

=> it must be d0t. :stuart: [/tenuous]

the WORST elf
10 Sep 08, 08:14:08 AM
vote d0t.

SkepticTank
10 Sep 08, 08:19:13 AM

Being personifications of a concept, the Auditors have no fixed shape. When they manifest in the world, however, they almost always appear as empty grey cowled robes, an appearance which conveys drabness and dullness rather than danger. They do not speak, but rather impart the memory of having spoken directly into people's minds.

Clear enough.

Yup, they sure sound like Auditors to me. Interesting that damian is silenced on the night his friends show up.

sonofsyd
10 Sep 08, 08:26:06 AM

Night 4, FF was hanged.

Maybe there are a couple of SKs with a limited number of kills? They certainly are two different MOs.

halii
10 Sep 08, 08:39:05 AM
Yup, they sure sound like Auditors to me. Interesting that damian is silenced on the night his friends show up.Damian's silencing is suspicious. especially now that more of the backstory is fleshed out and it does appear to be auditors.

sonofsyd
10 Sep 08, 09:37:20 AM
OK, folks. It's info time and I think it's high time this was aired.

I, for a brief time, infiltrated the drome cabal. The dromes are Tenuous, dancer and Bart and possibly one other who's identity I do not know (though that is only my suspicion).

Most importantly, for all of us that consider themselves townies, they are working with an SK who is trillian. Dancer let slip that trill is Ginny Greenteeth but this was the only mention of her precise role.

The sleeping in night move is also of their doing (if that wasn't obvious).

To Ten, dancer and Bart - sorry guys but this info needs to be out.

Vote trillian

halii
10 Sep 08, 09:42:07 AM
Tenuous also spoke about Greenteeth in another day. I think it was day 2.

it was really suspicious because it came out of nowhere and he said it like it was a well-known fact.

Spenser
10 Sep 08, 09:43:00 AM
I don't get why people are still talking about SKs. If d0t or trill were the SK then what, game over? There is only one death a night now (aside from night before last) so there must be some kind of scum faction.

dancer_rnb
10 Sep 08, 09:43:01 AM

I, for a brief time, infiltrated the drome cabal. The dromes are Tenuous, dancer and Bart and possibly one other who's identity I do not know (though that is only my suspicion).

Most importantly, for all of us that consider themselves townies, they are working with an SK who is trillian. Dancer let slip that trill is Ginny Greenteeth but this was the only mention of her precise role.

Vote trillian

Liar. I have no idea who or what trillian is.

vote dot

Spenser
10 Sep 08, 09:47:43 AM
If he is a liar why aren't you voting for him? :dunno:

sonofsyd
10 Sep 08, 09:48:11 AM

Vote trillian

Liar. I have no idea who or what trillian is.

vote dot

Tsk tsk.

halii
10 Sep 08, 09:48:47 AM
I don't get why people are still talking about SKs. If d0t or trill were the SK then what, game over? There is only one death a night now (aside from night before last) so there must be some kind of scum faction.
I agree, no one saw the situation as a vampire killing anyone, or anything like that. But then there could be a silent recruiting effort going on as well.

the voting for d0t as a SK is retarded to me and reeks of cabal collaboration. SoS may be telling the truth, if he's not it's a ballsy move that would get him lynched so I don't see the motivation.

halii
10 Sep 08, 09:49:53 AM
If he is a liar why aren't you voting for him? :dunno:good point.

dancer_rnb
10 Sep 08, 09:51:24 AM

Still suspect Dot is a feggle associated vig.
I'd rather lynch someone who can kill me at night than someone who can't, all other thing
being equal

dancer_rnb
10 Sep 08, 09:54:22 AM

it was really suspicious because it came out of nowhere and he said it like it was a well-known fact.

Since I know sonofsyd is lying, I'm pretty certain Halii is lying through her teeth.

sonofsyd
10 Sep 08, 09:54:58 AM

I'd rather lynch someone who can kill me at night than someone who can't, all other thing
being equal

So, do you deny that you, Ten and Bart are dromes?

dancer_rnb
10 Sep 08, 09:56:02 AM

being equal

Do you deny you're a liar?

sonofsyd
10 Sep 08, 09:59:38 AM
being equal

Don't answer a question with a question. Do you deny that you, Ten and Bart are dromes? And, yes, I deny that I'm a liar.

halii
10 Sep 08, 09:59:46 AM

Since I know sonofsyd is lying, I'm pretty certain Halii is lying through her teeth.I'm lying about what? Tenuous speaking about greenteeth in day 2? well can I give a link to his post? Would a quote be enough? It's actually day 3 early on. If i'm allowed to link I will.

You are flailing.

Spenser
10 Sep 08, 10:00:06 AM
This is not like most mafia games. I think the scum among us is likely hidden as dromes and feegles since there seem to be so many. I recall IMing with LG before this started and discussing mass role claims, my suggestion was to make sure that mass role claims wouldn't essentially end the game. That said, role reveals have given us nothing. Maybe the SK's are the scum?

Lying though is generally something scum would do. Suddenly trill's name comes up twice today, which was weird enough when JB did this considering his hardon for damian, but now by SoS who is immediately accused of lying.

I don't get the reason's for d0t, though admittedly I have not been participating much. Anyone wanna summarize that one?

Tenuous
10 Sep 08, 10:01:24 AM

Someone else had brought it up the previous day. Try reading the threads ...

jamesbannon
10 Sep 08, 10:02:09 AM
SoS is a confirmed feegle & entered into the drome cabal. What he says is consistent. That's why I immediately voted for Trillian earlier.

SkepticTank
10 Sep 08, 10:03:11 AM

That's a strange character. It's not really a major character in the discworld books, but appears to be English folklore.

Jenny Greenteeth

Jenny Greenteeth is a figure in English folklore. A river hag, similar to Peg Powler, she would pull children or the elderly into the water and drown them. She was often described as green-skinned, with long hair, and sharp teeth. She is called Jinny Greenteeth in Lancashire, but in Cheshire and Shropshire she is called Ginny Greenteeth, Wicked Jenny, or Peg o' Nell.

She also made an appearance in Terry Pratchett's The Wee Free Men

If that is Trillian (or any other player still alive) why has she not had a kill since night 2?

jamesbannon
10 Sep 08, 10:06:56 AM
This is not like most mafia games. I think the scum among us is likely hidden as dromes and feegles since there seem to be so many. I recall IMing with LG before this started and discussing mass role claims, my suggestion was to make sure that mass role claims wouldn't essentially end the game. That said, role reveals have given us nothing. Maybe the SK's are the scum?

Lying though is generally something scum would do. Suddenly trill's name comes up twice today, which was weird enough when JB did this considering his hardon for damian, but now by SoS who is immediately accused of lying.

I don't get the reason's for d0t, though admittedly I have not been participating much. Anyone wanna summarize that one?

I had good reason to vote for Damian. One of my contacts is anti-auditor & I tried to get Damian lynched to keep him on side; i.e., to get him at least part way towards his win condition. Besides that, eliminating auditors would be good for everyone in the game, IMO.

SkepticTank
10 Sep 08, 10:07:48 AM
Ginny Greenteeth before today:

MRick on day2:
http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=422715&highlight=greenteeth#post422715

Something to consider:

The Nac Mac Feegles seem to be involved in this game. They were thrown out of Fairyland. If we are going to assume that they are good, then others from Fairyland could be considered to be bad. Elves seem to be the nasty inhabitants of Fairyland. A character that wiki has involved with the elves is Jenny Greenteeth. A little research on this name leads to this. That says that Jenny is a river hag, and someone that pulls people into the water and drowns them.

Tenuous on day3:
http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=423882&highlight=greenteeth#post423882

I'm not leaping in to a vote for Damian because as far as I can tell from reading the wiki Auditors are unable to actually 'break the rules' ie kill anyone themselves. Sounds more like we have another indy pairing of Death/Auditor, with both being effectively town but needing to outlive the other.

Doing the numbers ...

Town:
7 feegles + Tiffany / 7 dromes + Queen
Death / Auditor

Scum:
Jenny Greenteeth (SK)
That leaves 3 vampires?

So we could narrow it down fairly well if we get feegles confirming through JB and dromes through FF? I don't think we need to worry about Death v Auditor from a town perspective.

dancer_rnb
10 Sep 08, 10:09:08 AM

Since I know sonofsyd is lying, I'm pretty certain Halii is lying through her teeth.I'm lying about what? Tenuous speaking about greenteeth in day 2? well can I give a link to his post? Would a quote be enough? It's actually day 3 early on. If i'm allowed to link I will.

You are flailing.

I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying, after sonofsyd lied about me. But I have no idea what trillian is. Or who is ginny greentooth, or whatever the name is.

dancer_rnb
10 Sep 08, 10:11:20 AM

Don't answer a question with a question. Do you deny that you, Ten and Bart are dromes? And, yes, I deny that I'm a liar.

I see no readon why I should answer someone who has lied twice now.

halii
10 Sep 08, 10:11:32 AM
Dromes want us to believe that sleeping in blocks a move and frog in a throat does not, so when there was no kill, it was d0t who did it. Their problem was they started too early trying to get all of us to agree with them, yesterday they all came at d0t hard saying sleeping in blocks a night move because of how it is phrased. To me, "sleeping in" implies sleeping through the day not through the night and missing a night move, so it's curious they are going after d0t.

Many people brought up that FF was also silenced and even if silencing DID block a move and a SK WAS blocked (both highly unlikely), FF was still a suspect. So they backed off. Now FF has turned up dead. I don't see how even if d0t were a SK he would want to off FF. This seems like a classic setup.

Note, this is not the first time Tenuous and crew have tried to get us to believe sleeping in is a signal of something else. He also tried to get us to believe it was a vampire recruit sign.

sonofsyd
10 Sep 08, 10:14:29 AM

You are flailing.

I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying, after sonofsyd lied about me. But I have no idea what trillian is. Or who is ginny greentooth, or whatever the name is.

You haven't answered my question yet. Are you scared it will paint me as telling the truth?

SkepticTank
10 Sep 08, 10:16:22 AM

No kill on night 3, and he was silenced (sleeping in) on day 4. The speculation is that the sleeping in thing is some sort of spell that blocks night moves in addition to silencing the following day.

Tenuous
10 Sep 08, 10:17:05 AM

That's a strange character. It's not really a major character in the discworld books, but appears to be English folklore.

Jenny Greenteeth

Jenny Greenteeth is a figure in English folklore. A river hag, similar to Peg Powler, she would pull children or the elderly into the water and drown them. She was often described as green-skinned, with long hair, and sharp teeth. She is called Jinny Greenteeth in Lancashire, but in Cheshire and Shropshire she is called Ginny Greenteeth, Wicked Jenny, or Peg o' Nell.

She also made an appearance in Terry Pratchett's The Wee Free Men

If that is Trillian (or any other player still alive) why has she not had a kill since night 2?

Well, I have a two theories.

1) d0t is the feegle 'bad luck' guy, and the 'bad luck' he gives out is being night killed. Hence the lack of any NK when he was bedridden, but the return of a death the next night for FF.

2) d0t is Greenteeth (hence the lack of a NK when he was bedridden). The death of FF was water related again, could easily be the same character just with the description differing due to the circumstances.

As for Trillian, I've seen speculation she could have been an SK, but that pales in comparison to the evidence against d0t. The irrational defence of d0t by known feegles seems to lend more credence to my first theory.

dancer_rnb
10 Sep 08, 10:17:17 AM
I'm lying about what? Tenuous speaking about greenteeth in day 2? well can I give a link to his post? Would a quote be enough? It's actually day 3 early on. If i'm allowed to link I will.

You are flailing.

You haven't answered my question yet. Are you scared it will paint me as telling the truth?

I see no readon why I should answer someone who has lied twice now.

Repeated for emphasis

halii
10 Sep 08, 10:19:45 AM
Regarding this "silencing blocks a move" nonsense, what about this?:

I had to look this up since I'm not the one who has been in contact with the guy but what the guy can do is either bestow good or bad luck on someone. On night 2 it was bad luck on Spenser and night 3 it was bad luck on Trillian

:oh:

Maybe that resulted in failed night move.

Tenuous
10 Sep 08, 10:19:49 AM
Many people brought up that FF was also silenced and even if silencing DID block a move and a SK WAS blocked (both highly unlikely), FF was still a suspect. So they backed off. Now FF has turned up dead. I don't see how even if d0t were a SK he would want to off FF. This seems like a classic setup.

I didn't back off at all, it seems pretty obvious that 'frog in throat' is a different effect to 'bedridden'. Being stuck in bed stops you drowning people, being unable to talk doesn't. Hardly rocket science, and that's why I voted for d0t yesterday.

The fact that FF was then killed is a fairly clear elimination of him was a suspect (unless he killed himself??) so that leaves only d0t.

halii
10 Sep 08, 10:22:08 AM
2) d0t is Greenteeth (hence the lack of a NK when he was bedridden). The death of FF was water related again, could easily be the same character just with the description differing due to the circumstances.The luck thing is weird - the other times bad luck was specifically mentioned in the OP. Not this time:

When you wake, you find FuzzyFungi swinging from a tree nearby. Fuzzy was a drome.

d0t
10 Sep 08, 10:22:18 AM
I am The Lady. Independent in the feegles vs dromes thing, and only care that luck remains a factor, therefore win if I and at least two living creatures survive the Auditors. (hence my persistent vote for damian)

Night move is giving bad or good luck, supposedly influencing their night actions. The first two bad luck targets fell off the bridge, to the next two targets nothing happened. I suspect the person who killed FF today also did the drownings, and effectively all my night actions did was change the story a bit.

jamesbannon
10 Sep 08, 10:22:24 AM

I didn't back off at all, it seems pretty obvious that 'frog in throat' is a different effect to 'bedridden'. Being stuck in bed stops you drowning people, being unable to talk doesn't. Hardly rocket science, and that's why I voted for d0t yesterday.

The fact that FF was then killed is a fairly clear elimination of him was a suspect (unless he killed himself??) so that leaves only d0t.

No, it leaves you setting up a blind to try to shift attention away from the dromes. I would do the same, if it were me.

sonofsyd
10 Sep 08, 10:22:59 AM
OK, I won't labour that question, for now. How about another one. Do you deny that I infiltrated your cabal? Come on, these are easy yes/no answers.

trillian
10 Sep 08, 10:24:05 AM
What is your strategy SoS? To get lynched today? or tomorrow after it is discovered that I am not the jenny person or a killer? To include players that KNOW you are lying is pretty ballsy.

It occurs to me that perhaps something could happen to me if I vote for you since no one else has as yet. Paranoia? Maybe. I'll be back later.

Tenuous
10 Sep 08, 10:25:37 AM
Regarding this "silencing blocks a move" nonsense, what about this?:

I had to look this up since I'm not the one who has been in contact with the guy but what the guy can do is either bestow good or bad luck on someone. On night 2 it was bad luck on Spenser and night 3 it was bad luck on Trillian

:oh:

Maybe that resulted in failed night move.

I still think the d0t evidence is more compelling. He was bedridden, there was no kill. Plus it also gives us the chance to test my recruitment theory, we may find out if the bedridden state is related to vampire recruitment.

halii
10 Sep 08, 10:26:15 AM
I would do the same, if it were me.Man that was a low blow to tenuous right there. :retard:

Seriously though, let's make it clear. we have 2 factions and 2 silences. I have no reason to suspect they are any different from one another.

dancer_rnb
10 Sep 08, 10:26:36 AM
OK, I won't labour that question, for now. How about another one. Do you deny that I infiltrated your cabal? Come on, these are easy yes/no answers.

No reason I should answer you, you liar.

mrickaby
10 Sep 08, 10:28:09 AM
Being stuck in bed stops you drowning people, being unable to talk doesn't. Hardly rocket science, and that's why I voted for d0t yesterday.

Yes, but he was also stuck in bed during the day, not at night. Also not rocket science.

Bartholomew Roberts
10 Sep 08, 10:32:10 AM
This is interesting. I like sonofsyd, d0t, and Tenuous for today's lynch. Who to choose?

sonofsyd
10 Sep 08, 10:32:16 AM

I don't blame you for not answering. It would show I was telling the truth.

Tenuous
10 Sep 08, 10:34:48 AM
I am The Lady. Independent in the feegles vs dromes thing, and only care that luck remains a factor, therefore win if I and at least two living creatures survive the Auditors. (hence my persistent vote for damian)

Night move is giving bad or good luck, supposedly influencing their night actions. The first two bad luck targets fell off the bridge, to the next two targets nothing happened. I suspect the person who killed FF today also did the drownings, and effectively all my night actions did was change the story a bit.

I dunno, it seems an amazing coincidence that you would pick the same target for bad luck as the killer is using for night kills on 2 nights in a row?

Who did you pick last night?

Tenuous
10 Sep 08, 10:37:03 AM
Being stuck in bed stops you drowning people, being unable to talk doesn't. Hardly rocket science, and that's why I voted for d0t yesterday.

Yes, but he was also stuck in bed during the day, not at night. Also not rocket science.

Well, whatever did that to him presumably happened in the night. If it is a vampire thing, sucking blood to weaken him or a first stage of recruitment, then it would just depend on the move orders that LG has setup.

Bartholomew Roberts
10 Sep 08, 10:39:02 AM
This is interesting. I like sonofsyd, d0t, and Tenuous for today's lynch. Who to choose?

this is stupid of me, if there's an SK kill the SK. vote d0t.

dancer_rnb
10 Sep 08, 10:40:28 AM

I don't blame you for not answering. It would show I was telling the truth.

You lied when you claimed I said something to you about trillian being ginny greenteeth.
I see no reason to deny or confirm anything else you said. I may be mistaken, but I don't lie, unlike you

d0t
10 Sep 08, 10:43:19 AM

I dunno, it seems an amazing coincidence that you would pick the same target for bad luck as the killer is using for night kills on 2 nights in a row?

PD was suspicious as hell on day 1.
cockrell was just after the "I'm kidding about being death of rats".
not that much of a coincidence

Who did you pick last night?
You.

SkepticTank
10 Sep 08, 10:44:57 AM

Yesterday this was said about d0t's moves:

I had to look this up since I'm not the one who has been in contact with the guy but what the guy can do is either bestow good or bad luck on someone. On night 2 it was bad luck on Spenser and night 3 it was bad luck on Trillian.

Spenser didn't fall off the bridge on night 2, Cockrell did.

Tenuous
10 Sep 08, 10:45:22 AM
I would do the same, if it were me.Man that was a low blow to tenuous right there. :retard:

Seriously though, let's make it clear. we have 2 factions and 2 silences. I have no reason to suspect they are any different from one another.

I dunno, I don't think the factions are symmetric, we've seen that the dromes had a vig, but the feegles (claim they) don't. AFAIK the dromes don't have a silence.

Of course, this begs the question of why the feegles silenced FF who they knew was a drome and was speaking for the drome faction. How exactly does that help?

jamesbannon
10 Sep 08, 10:51:12 AM
I dunno, I don't think the factions are symmetric, we've seen that the dromes had a vig, but the feegles (claim they) don't. AFAIK the dromes don't have a silence.
As for night kill moves, I'm not going to say what those are, if any, for obvious reasons. I will say that everything d0t has claimed so far is accurate. He is not the SK. We think Trillian is.

Tenuous
10 Sep 08, 10:55:37 AM
As for night kill moves, I'm not going to say what those are, if any, for obvious reasons. I will say that everything d0t has claimed so far is accurate. He is not the SK. We think Trillian is.

Well, what has he claimed that he couldn't claim after making up a role? It's easy to bullshit your way into a cabal, if I was scum that would've been (and has been in the past) the first thing I'd do.

jamesbannon
10 Sep 08, 10:58:44 AM

Well, what has he claimed that he couldn't claim after making up a role? It's easy to bullshit your way into a cabal, if I was scum that would've been (and has been in the past) the first thing I'd do.

By his actions. And yes, I've fallen for that before, hence the reason why d0t is on the outside. The only cabal members he knows are the one who have publicly outed. Further, he doesn't know any individual roles, apart from mine which is useless anyway.

d0t
10 Sep 08, 11:03:20 AM

You think Luis would explicitly state "x had bad luck today" just because I claimed to be able to do this to JB?

dancer_rnb
10 Sep 08, 11:13:50 AM
Anyone else wonder why Damian was silenced?

dancer_rnb
10 Sep 08, 11:17:47 AM
Two of us supposed dromes are voting along with Damian.

Tenuous
10 Sep 08, 11:19:33 AM

You think Luis would explicitly state "x had bad luck today" just because I claimed to be able to do this to JB?

Well, the nebulousness of giving someone 'bad luck' is a pretty useful trait if you are scum. You supposedly gave me bad luck last night to no effect whatsoever ... who has a power which does nothing?

Mind you, I had shitty luck this morning IRL, so maybe I should blame you for that :notamused:

SkepticTank
10 Sep 08, 11:23:09 AM
Well, the nebulousness of giving someone 'bad luck' is a pretty useful trait if you are scum. You supposedly gave me bad luck last night to no effect whatsoever ... who has a power which does nothing?

So are you saying that your night move worked just fine?

d0t
10 Sep 08, 11:26:39 AM

Mind you, I had shitty luck this morning IRL, so maybe I should blame you for that :notamused:
I didn't say I gave you bad luck, it might have been good luck. ;)
Blocking a nonexistent night action would do nothing, so would boosting one.

Just to be clear: do you think I killed (or ensured the SK could kill) FF today, even though there's no mention of luck anywhere?

halii
10 Sep 08, 11:29:29 AM
why did you give tenuous good luck?

Spenser
10 Sep 08, 11:31:11 AM
Either SoS or dancer are liars and that is where I think the votes should go but it looks like I'd be alone in that. Of the claims of SK d0t is the one that at least has some credence. At the worst his death would be telling of those gunning for him.

Vote: d0t for now. I've got a lot of work again today but I think some of it will be waiting for long processes so I'm hoping to be around.

d0t
10 Sep 08, 11:51:13 AM
why did you give tenuous good luck?

Bad luck, of course. Just saying I didn't explicitly say so yet.
Why? I remembered I couldn't target damian twice in a row, so quickly had to pick another target.
Chose Tenuous because he was already opposed to me and unlikely to be targeted by the SK as well like the night 1/2, so a nice guinea pig to test what my power can actually do.

Very little, it seems.

@Spenser: nice excuse, Auditor #2.

sonofsyd
10 Sep 08, 11:52:36 AM
Either SoS or dancer are liars and that is where I think the votes should go but it looks like I'd be alone in that. Of the claims of SK d0t is the one that at least has some credence. At the worst his death would be telling of those gunning for him.

Vote: d0t for now. I've got a lot of work again today but I think some of it will be waiting for long processes so I'm hoping to be around.

I could ask the same questions I asked of dancer to Tenuous or Bart but that would be too confrontational and that's not my objective. I just think that the info I have needs to be out there.

enigma
10 Sep 08, 11:55:14 AM
I would tend to doubt d0t's claim of being The Lady because IIRC The Lady only appeared in one book which was in the Wizard's series which didn't have any of the other characters mentioned here so far. Also, The Lady is never mentioned as being anti-auditor at all in the books.

Still, whether or not d0t is the Lady, or Death, or Susan, or a Feegle Vig or SK, Damian poses more of a threat to my win conditions than d0t does, especially given the OP which suggests that Damian can recruit Tiffany Aching which I believe means that he effectively gets the Feegles as well.

vote damian

SkepticTank
10 Sep 08, 12:01:58 PM

I had to look this up since I'm not the one who has been in contact with the guy but what the guy can do is either bestow good or bad luck on someone. On night 2 it was bad luck on Spenser and night 3 it was bad luck on Trillian.

Why? I remembered I couldn't target damian twice in a row, so quickly had to pick another target.

OK, we've got some mis-matches here.

ELV claims you gave bad luck to PD & Spenser on nt. 1 & 2

d0t says his first 2 victims fell off the bridge, so that's PD & Cockrell. Then he said he gave bad luck to Trillian and Tenuous, but did Tenuous cuz he couldn't do damian 2 nights in a row.

WTF???

vote d0t cuz he can't keep his story straight.

d0t
10 Sep 08, 12:03:29 PM

d0t says his first 2 victims fell off the bridge, so that's PD & Cockrell. Then he said he gave bad luck to Trillian and Tenuous, but did Tenuous cuz he couldn't do damian 2 nights in a row.

WTF???

I never claimed to have targetted trillian or spenser. ELV lied.

SkepticTank
10 Sep 08, 12:04:52 PM
dammit, I can't edit.

It's not d0t being inconsistent with us, it's d0t and ELV not matching. ELV said it was Spense and Trillian on night 2 & 3.

d0t says bridge fallers on 1 & 2 (PD & Cockrell), but didn't make a claim for night 3.

so it's more likely that ELV was wrong than d0t is lying.

unvote

halii
10 Sep 08, 12:09:20 PM
ELV said what d0t was given on night 2, but did d0t say what he ended up doing?

Regardless, the kill this time was different. d0t could have wished good luck on night 2 on the killer, even. Clearly there are more than 1 auditor. Cockrell and PD were clear initial targets for a SK, both did suspicious stuff.

Tenuous
10 Sep 08, 12:54:51 PM

WTF???

Well, if that's true, what's with all the bullshit from the feegles then? There's SoS's BS about the dromes working with Trillian (as SK) ... as though that makes any sense? WTF would they want to keep someone around who can NK and thus lose them the game at any point by hitting the queen? Then there's ELV now supposedly lying about what d0t has been doing, so what is it? So much for "being much more straight with the town" from now on.

I think it's pretty clear that we need to work together to stop the vampires, yet we've had absolutely no success there yet, instead we're fighting amongst ourselves and destroying our chances of actually stopping them. We really need to stop all the bullshit and concentrate on the task at hand, it's just distracting us all and handing them victory on a plate.

jamesbannon
10 Sep 08, 01:43:56 PM
Trillian may not be a drome, that is true, but then Sarpedon was not a feegle. How do you account for that?

sonofsyd
10 Sep 08, 02:21:48 PM

Well, if that's true, what's with all the bullshit from the feegles then? There's SoS's BS about the dromes working with Trillian (as SK) ... as though that makes any sense?
Makes sense from my perspective.

WTF would they want to keep someone around who can NK and thus lose them the game at any point by hitting the queen?
It's cool as long as you keep the queen secret.

Then there's ELV now supposedly lying about what d0t has been doing, so what is it? So much for "being much more straight with the town" from now on.

I think it's pretty clear that we need to work together to stop the vampires, yet we've had absolutely no success there yet, instead we're fighting amongst ourselves and destroying our chances of actually stopping them. We really need to stop all the bullshit and concentrate on the task at hand, it's just distracting us all and handing them victory on a plate.
I agree that we need to work together. I outed you because I thought there needed to be a catalyst.

uncool
10 Sep 08, 02:22:48 PM
Alright. My computer isn't working too well, so this is the last time I can be on before nightfall. So I'm gonna have to leave right after this...

The only person I've seen who has at least a semi-convincing case against them is trillian...I can see d0t as the Lady whose name must never be spoken...so based on the information so far...

vote trillian
=Uncool-

halii
10 Sep 08, 02:25:11 PM
Either SoS or dancer are liars and that is where I think the votes should go but it looks like I'd be alone in that.
I'd be willing to place a vote for either, and i'm leaning towards dancer.

This is because the people SoS listed have been told to me as dromes from an independent source, plus one more.

Spenser
10 Sep 08, 02:29:29 PM
Well I have never seen so many possible liars that no one is voting for and at this point it looks to be bandwagons for trill and d0t. Since trill's evidence is based on someone's info they claim not to have given I don't get why the vote is still on her.

halii
10 Sep 08, 02:35:06 PM
i think the way dancer handled the accusation was odd and telling.

mrickaby
10 Sep 08, 02:36:18 PM
Is dancer claiming to not be a drome? If that is the case we should lynch him today. I am reading on my phone, tough to keep track of a lot.

d0t
10 Sep 08, 02:37:34 PM
Well I have never seen so many possible liars that no one is voting for and at this point it looks to be bandwagons for trill and d0t. Since trill's evidence is based on someone's info they claim not to have given I don't get why the vote is still on her.

And since I pretty much conclusively proved that I have nothing to do with FF's death this morning, and it all was based on a vague hunch from Tenuous to start with, I don't get why any vote is still on me.
Other than of course a few Auditors who want to get rid of me.

halii
10 Sep 08, 02:37:37 PM
I also have a fuller list of dromes that I got from my independent source, adding in the missing drome that SoS left out. So contact me if you want it or think i should post it in the thread. I think it's obvious however.

enigma
10 Sep 08, 02:42:18 PM
WTF would they want to keep someone around who can NK and thus lose them the game at any point by hitting the queen?
It's cool as long as you keep the queen secret.

Have you been paying attention AT ALL during this game? Between the various Feegle fuckups and the lynching of Reign yesterday, secrecy does not make you safe. Especially not with an SK out there.

Then there's ELV now supposedly lying about what d0t has been doing, so what is it? So much for "being much more straight with the town" from now on.

I agree that we need to work together. I outed you because I thought there needed to be a catalyst.

If that really is true, then out your Feegle buddies as well. Otherwise I can't help but get the impression that you are mainly trying to screw over the dromes without regard to the vampire threat.

Hell, if the SK is a vampire hunter it might just make the Feegles a bit safer to let them know who you are so that one of you doesn't get killed in a remarkable fuckup, again. Unless, of course, the bastard who has been killing people is a Feegle Vig and knows exactly who you are...

Spenser
10 Sep 08, 02:43:08 PM

And since I pretty much conclusively proved that I have nothing to do with FF's death this morning, and it all was based on a vague hunch from Tenuous to start with, I don't get why any vote is still on me.
Other than of course a few Auditors who want to get rid of me.

This is the problem with me not being able to give this much attention. I thought the concept was that cause you were asleep there was no night kill that night. You've conclusively proved this false? I'd be happy to switch to a potential liar, we got time. Nothing is definite.

d0t
10 Sep 08, 02:56:34 PM
This is the problem with me not being able to give this much attention. I thought the concept was that cause you were asleep there was no night kill that night. You've conclusively proved this false? I'd be happy to switch to a potential liar, we got time. Nothing is definite.

- I outed my power (giving good/bad luck, influencing night actions) to JB before night 1.
- Also gave him my targets for night 1 and 2 before the next day's OP.
- Those targeted were describe as 'unlucky', as they fell off the bridge, thus confirming any action from me is clearly visible this way, and that I did not make my power up after the second day.
- They were also drowned after slipping, probably by the SK targeting the same people. My giving them bad luck might have ensured success or just changed the story a bit.
- Day three and four targets (damian, Tenuous) were not influenced in any way, probably because they have no night action. Most importantly: no mention of FF being unlucky is in today's OP. I think this shows clearly I had nothing to do with it.

jamesbannon
10 Sep 08, 02:58:57 PM
^^ This is confirmed.

Spenser
10 Sep 08, 02:59:17 PM
Luckily he slipped and caught his head in that noose... :retard:

mrickaby
10 Sep 08, 03:03:07 PM
Just noticed - why is there only one silenced player today?

halii
10 Sep 08, 03:06:45 PM
we're going to have to wait for damian to confirm his move was blocked on day 3. I know he told me it was and asked if I did it (I didn't). He told me he has a view for death or not death.

Spenser
10 Sep 08, 03:12:33 PM
we're going to have to wait for damian to confirm his move was blocked on day 3. I know he told me it was and asked if I did it (I didn't). He told me he has a view for death or not death.

Todays post get more and more confusing, if he told you it was why exactly would we need confirming?

d0t
10 Sep 08, 03:14:27 PM

Ah, so my move did work. That's certainly interesting info. :)

dancer_rnb
10 Sep 08, 03:15:07 PM
Is dancer claiming to not be a drome? If that is the case we should lynch him today. I am reading on my phone, tough to keep track of a lot.

I haven't said either way.
What are you?

SkepticTank
10 Sep 08, 03:16:22 PM
Who did you out your targets to before daybreak?

Clearly ELV thought you were going after different targets then you claim to have gone after.

You don't know if damian & Tenuous were affected. They may have had night moves that failed. Only they would know if their night moves worked. They may not even know if their night moves appeared to succeed but have bad info (like maybe a view was switched to someone else, or returned incomplete info or something).

SkepticTank
10 Sep 08, 03:18:03 PM
Just noticed - why is there only one silenced player today?

My guess would be Frog guy died or was blocked.

d0t
10 Sep 08, 03:19:24 PM
Who did you out your targets to before daybreak?

Clearly ELV thought you were going after different targets then you claim to have gone after.

You don't know if damian & Tenuous were affected. They may have had night moves that failed. Only they would know if their night moves worked. They may not even know if their night moves appeared to succeed but have bad info (like maybe a view was switched to someone else, or returned incomplete info or something).

I outed my first two targets to JB. Don't know about ELV's post and clearly didn't ask for it as I was asleep.

halii just posted that damian was indeed affected, his night move was blocked.

halii
10 Sep 08, 03:19:39 PM
does frog-in-a-throat kill a night move?

SkepticTank
10 Sep 08, 03:30:45 PM

Nothing is conclusive, JB backing you up after the fact isn't very convincing, and somebody between you, JB and ELV is lying. I'm not buying the Trillian thing, so I'm getting on the other bandwagon.
vote d0t

d0t
10 Sep 08, 03:35:16 PM

Nothing is conclusive, JB backing you up after the fact isn't very convincing, and somebody between you, JB and ELV is lying. I'm not buying the Trillian thing, so I'm getting on the other bandwagon.
vote d0t

ELV was either lying or severely misinformed. And you know, there's also the damian vote, who has already been shown to be someone who wants all living things to die, etc. etc. Then there's making up your own mind, a revolutionary concept in which one does not jump on a bandwagon for no good reason.

halii
10 Sep 08, 03:38:34 PM
there's only really 1 vote on damian. pretty much everyone knows that.

Spenser
10 Sep 08, 03:42:37 PM
there's only really 1 vote on damian. pretty much everyone knows that.

That is until he unveils his obscure female VP pick from Guam.

halii
10 Sep 08, 03:44:21 PM
i think his wife is from mexico or some shit like that.

ELV
10 Sep 08, 03:48:34 PM

vote d0t

ELV was either lying or severely misinformed. And you know, there's also the damian vote, who has already been shown to be someone who wants all living things to die, etc. etc. Then there's making up your own mind, a revolutionary concept in which one does not jump on a bandwagon for no good reason.

I listed the people that we wanted d0t to target. I was under the impression that he was cooperating with us but I wasn't the one talking to him, that was only JB.

As far as we knew his WC was compatible but unrelated to ours. We were working a "we'll scratch your back if you scratch ours" bargain but he hasn't really done anything for us all game. Personally, I'm fine with lynching him but we haven't all been in agreement over that.

halii
10 Sep 08, 03:55:11 PM
it seems too late for it to go any other way. I think the information in the OP about the auditors and tiffany is important however.

Spenser
10 Sep 08, 03:55:14 PM
I still think the scum are amongst the groups (feegle and drome) and not just some faction verse faction game going on here. IOW, some of you are being led astray by your own cabals.

d0t
10 Sep 08, 03:57:40 PM
vote trillian </pathetic-attempt-to-live>

halii
10 Sep 08, 03:58:53 PM
tomorrow we should focus on the dancer v SoS situation. especially if there's another murder tonight.

also once again spenser has been playing this game way different than usual.

LuisGarcia
10 Sep 08, 04:00:01 PM
nightfall

LuisGarcia
10 Sep 08, 04:04:36 PM
Mayoral katanas
Spin like red lotus blossom.
d0t was The Lady.