PDA

View Full Version : Discworld Day One

LuisGarcia
2 Sep 08, 03:59:24 AM
Everyone in Lancre castle is attentively listening to the words of Count Magpyr, an honored guest. He has somehow gotten everyone's attention and has managed to convince even the most typically stubborn people in the palace that his leadership would be the best thing to ever happen to the small kingdom of Lancre. Even the king is quite happy to hand over power to Count Magpyr for the benefit of all.

You listen attentively and while you can't remember any specifics you know that this change in leadership and the new plan for the future is good. Everything is perfectly fine until....

"SNAP OUT OF IT!"

You find yourselves some distance from the castle with a remarkably annoyed witch you know as Agnes.

"Count Magpyr is a vampire who has been screwing with your heads! You all were nodding in agreement for 5 minutes while he was explaining how exactly he was going to harvest blood from all of Lancre on a seasonal basis!"

You are a bit shocked by this revelation, and you begin trying to work out how you will retake the castle, and also begin wondering whether anyone present is still under the vampire's mind control.

You are a lot shocked to realise Agnes is naked.

1. dancer_rnb
2. Tenuous
3. FuzzyFungi
4. jamesbannon
5. ELV
6. mrickaby
7. Pavlov's Dog
8. Bartholomew Roberts
9. Th1nk3r
10. Sarpedon
11. Reign
12. SkepticTank
13. cockrell
14. halii
15. uncool
16. enigma
17. sonofsyd
18. trillian
19. d0t
20. damian
21. Matt
22. Spenser

Th1nk3r seems to have a frog in his throat, and will be unable to speak today.

Day 1 ends in 36 hours. You need to appoint a Patrician (1.5 vote person), and lynch someone.

Tenuous
2 Sep 08, 04:16:34 AM
Lynch the quiet ones and PD is scum.

Tenuous
2 Sep 08, 04:21:34 AM
And a quick search for Count Magpyr on wiki gives this page

Carpe Jugulum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpe_Jugulum)

d0t
2 Sep 08, 04:28:31 AM
Yeah, Magpyr is a creep. Let's kill him.

Oh wait, he's immortal and shit. :retard:

th1nk3r
2 Sep 08, 05:01:13 AM
hgggmmmmmmmmppppppppppppffffffffffffffffffffffffff grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttddddmmmmmmmmwwwww

ELV
2 Sep 08, 05:29:15 AM
Hi, I'm here for a little while longer then I'll be gone for a while today.

SkepticTank
2 Sep 08, 06:05:13 AM
... and the confusion begins.

vote jamesbannon

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 07:27:26 AM
Agnes is naked? I'll see if I can find her a tent.

mrickaby
2 Sep 08, 07:30:25 AM
I don't know the stories, is Agnes hot?

vote jamesbannon

Bartholomew Roberts
2 Sep 08, 07:58:25 AM
Dangerous times like these call for a strong leader. Change, hope, and all that.
vote Bartholomew Roberts

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 08:09:55 AM
No, mrrickaby. Agnes is fat. She does have a lovely voice though, and great hair.

Bartholomew Roberts
2 Sep 08, 08:21:26 AM
leave her naked, I'm told that Pavlov's Dog is a chubby chaser.

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 08:35:24 AM
vote halii.

i'm all for having someone easy to read as mayor, but i'm not going to give 1.5 votes to anyone with a shit voting record.

jamesbannon
2 Sep 08, 08:41:22 AM
Checking in.

vote jamesbannon Why the hell not.

Anyone speculate on why th1nk3r got cursed today?

Matt
2 Sep 08, 08:43:13 AM
Checking in. I don't even know what Discworld is- Luis just asked me if I wanted to play.

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 08:45:14 AM
Agnes is naked? I'll see if I can find her a tent.

*Thanks god this isn't a D&D game*

halii
2 Sep 08, 08:45:18 AM
I don't know what discworld is either. I will toss in a vote for myself.

vote halii

Tenuous
2 Sep 08, 08:47:39 AM
Checking in.

Last time scum had a silence ability there was much debate about whether they would silence a townie or one of their own (to throw off suspicion when it didn't really matter) on the first day. I can't remember whether it turned out that the day 1 silenced player was scum or not though, anyone remember?

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 08:50:09 AM
Checking in.

Last time scum had a silence ability there was much debate about whether they would silence a townie or one of their own (to throw off suspicion when it didn't really matter) on the first day. I can't remember whether it turned out that the day 1 silenced player was scum or not though, anyone remember?

yes, that was the game spenser got silenced, didn't die, i got silenced, then killed by scum when i voted for spenser while silenced, the next person that got silenced got killed, etc. Spenser turned out to be scum.

A bigger question is why the hell silence thinker if he's town? That's like being a democrat wanting sarah palin to shut up.

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 08:56:28 AM
*Thanks god this isn't a D&D game*

The people of Discworld talk like ordinary people. If you guys absolutely must have character from me, I could try using Captain Vimes' style writing, or, worse, Granny Weatherwax style.

I don't think we can jump to conclusions about the silencing until there's more data.

SkepticTank
2 Sep 08, 09:16:25 AM
I don't think we can jump to conclusions about the silencing until there's more data.

Plus, night zero actions are pretty rare, so a random (GM) action is more likely than a scum action in my opinion.

Tenuous
2 Sep 08, 09:21:21 AM

Plus, night zero actions are pretty rare, so a random (GM) action is more likely than a scum action in my opinion.

I had a night zero action in the last game, and I think LG would be in favour of such things. Gives something to go on in Day 1.

I can't see it being a GM action at all in fact. Would be extremely unfair/unbalanced to randomly pick someone out for scrutiny like that.

jamesbannon
2 Sep 08, 09:30:46 AM
So, do we immediately FOS SkepticTank & Sarpedon for their arguing that "God did it"? Seems unlikely to me that the GM would just randomly pick a player to silence on day 1.

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 09:33:15 AM
oh my fucking god.

Bartholomew Roberts
2 Sep 08, 09:37:00 AM
who cares why he's silenced. We have more pressing matters. Damian, how am I doing in the polls?

SkepticTank
2 Sep 08, 09:42:05 AM
So, do we immediately FOS SkepticTank & Sarpedon for their arguing that "God did it"? Seems unlikely to me that the GM would just randomly pick a player to silence on day 1.

Yes, that's clearly a scum tactic by Tenuous and me to throw everyone off our scent.

Here's the gist of the PM:

psst, let's argue over whether or not Th1nk3r was silenced by the GM or scum, that'll certainly clear one of us down the road if/when the other one gets lynched :retard:

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 09:44:37 AM
who cares why he's silenced. We have more pressing matters. Damian, how am I doing in the polls?

you trail jamesbannon by half a percentage point.

Reign_Cryogen
2 Sep 08, 09:46:47 AM
Hi.

For giggles: jamesbannon

mrickaby
2 Sep 08, 09:47:41 AM
I tend to agree with Tenuous, I don't see why the GM would silence a random player at the start of a game.

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 09:51:18 AM
FOS mrickaby too lol

trillian
2 Sep 08, 10:28:34 AM
vote: jamesbannon
It worked out for us last time!
And it does seem more likely that a silent Thinker is a scum move that we have seen a few times in previous games. This might be the first time it is a day 0 move though.

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 10:29:31 AM
How about FOS Bannon for misrepresenting my post? I said 'wait for more information," not "God did it."

Possibility 1:
"God did it." I don't buy that any more than you do.

2:
"A scum gets a night action on night 0"
2a: th1nk3r is targeted because he's town.
2b: th1nk3r is targeted because he's a decoy.
2c: th1nk3r is targeted because his name is annoying to type.
2d: th1nk3r is targeted because everyone hates him.

3:
A neutral or town person gets a night action on night 0, which they must use. (we've seen mandatory night actions that silence people before, haven't we?)

Hence, wait for more information.

So Bannnon, lets not put words in other people's mouths, shall we?

SkepticTank
2 Sep 08, 10:35:47 AM

Yes, that's clearly a scum tactic by Tenuous and me to throw everyone off our scent.

Oops. Sarpedon, not Tenuous. Clearly a scum tell, as to which one really is really my scum teammate.

jamesbannon
2 Sep 08, 10:47:57 AM
vote: jamesbannon
It worked out for us last time!
And it does seem more likely that a silent Thinker is a scum move that we have seen a few times in previous games. This might be the first time it is a day 0 move though.

I think you got the colour wrong, Trillian.

cockrell
2 Sep 08, 11:04:35 AM
SQUEAK

Bartholomew Roberts
2 Sep 08, 11:06:02 AM
cockrell is roleclaiming a mouse.

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 11:20:59 AM
Pretending to be the Death of Rats and not using CAPS is a scum tell.

(aha, he fixed it)

uncool
2 Sep 08, 11:39:19 AM

(aha, he fixed it)

Not knowing Death of Rats uses SMALLCAPS is a scum tell.
Also, just to get it over with:
vote jamesbannon
=Uncool-

SkepticTank
2 Sep 08, 12:00:32 PM

(aha, he fixed it)

(aha, he fixed it)

Not knowing Death of Rats uses SMALLCAPS is a scum tell.

Ok, what would this role mean? He gets to talk to other rats after they die, but can only communicate to the rest of us by saying SQUEEK and EEK-EEK?

d0t
2 Sep 08, 12:06:18 PM
Ok, what would this role mean? He gets to talk to other rats after they die, but can only communicate to the rest of us by saying SQUEEK and EEK-EEK?

Yeah, very strange.
Cockrell, can you use SQUEEK/SQUEEEEEK morse code? :D

cockrell
2 Sep 08, 12:20:03 PM
SQUEAK

sonofsyd
2 Sep 08, 12:25:46 PM
Another game with rodents, eh?

vote jamesbannon

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 12:31:17 PM
our mayoral elections suck.

dancer_rnb
2 Sep 08, 12:44:40 PM
vote halii.

mrickaby
2 Sep 08, 12:50:56 PM
unvote, vote halii

I think that she would be a steadier leader.

SkepticTank
2 Sep 08, 12:56:03 PM
So, do we immediately FOS damian, dancer_rnb & mrickaby for their voting for halii without any argument? Seems unlikely to me that the she somehow makes a more qualified candidate than JB? (Though she does kinda have that "hot librarian" vibe to her. Does she have a kid with downs and a pregnant teenage daughter?)

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 01:01:20 PM
So, do we immediately FOS damian, dancer_rnb & mrickaby for their voting for halii without any argument? Seems unlikely to me that the she somehow makes a more qualified candidate than JB? (Though she does kinda have that "hot librarian" vibe to her. Does she have a kid with downs and a pregnant teenage daughter?)

check my OP on this issue for my reasoning, retard.

ELV
2 Sep 08, 01:02:42 PM
vote halii

I'll go along with Damian for now.

dancer_rnb
2 Sep 08, 01:04:43 PM
unvote, vote halii

I think that she would be a steadier leader.

I'm the only one who didn't give a reason. Starting to lie already, ST?

halii
2 Sep 08, 01:08:45 PM
actually I didn't give a reason either. I voted for me because I thought about it long and hard and figured I was the best candidate out there.

SkepticTank
2 Sep 08, 01:19:20 PM
actually I didn't give a reason either. I voted for me because I thought about it long and hard and figured I was the best candidate out there.

Didn't mention you in my little satire/rant since you voted for yourself.

mrickaby
2 Sep 08, 01:24:55 PM

I am very curious about this too. Would a mouse be considered a good character or a bad character?

dancer_rnb
2 Sep 08, 01:26:44 PM

I am very curious about this too. Would a mouse be considered a good character or a bad character?

That's always the question about death, isn't it?
Are you ready to go, or not?

SkepticTank
2 Sep 08, 01:28:00 PM

Dumbass. Read the wiki:
http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Death_of_Rats

Like the Librarian, the Death of Rats can communicate everything in a one-syllable sound: squeak , with the occasional emphasis of an eek-eek , when he is excited. This can only be understood by certain people, Susan Sto Helit in particular; for those occasions when he needs to communicate with others, he employs the help of Quoth, a raven who used to belong to a wizard and has therefore absorbed enough magic to be able to speak. The Death of Rats (occasionally using Quoth as transport) is often responsible for dragging Susan from her 'normal' life into the realm of her grandfather, Death, to assist him in saving the world and other such irritating family duties.

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 01:33:07 PM
these books sound terrible.

jamesbannon
2 Sep 08, 01:33:48 PM
I need to speak to Big Wee Hag.

ELV
2 Sep 08, 01:34:01 PM
I'm going to role claim because I don't think I have much of a chance doing anything productive covertly.

I'm a nac mac feegle, basically a rowdy scottish smurf as far as I can tell, and my goal is to protect Tiffany Achings. Neither of us are scum (I think) but someone (:glare: -> Luis) hasn't given me much more than that.

I don't have any special powers so I'm not risking much by coming out and hopefully Tiffany and whoever is on her side can get some use out of me now.

jamesbannon
2 Sep 08, 01:38:04 PM
:whistling: I definitely need to speak to Big Wee Hag. Contact me asap.

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 01:38:18 PM
They are actually rather sophisticated satire damian. Though reduced to their components and shoved on the unsuspecting, yes, they do sound silly.

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 01:40:10 PM
Wait a minute: Bannon AND ELV are roleclaiming as NacMacFeegles?

jamesbannon
2 Sep 08, 01:44:52 PM
I repeat, Big Wee Hag needs to contact me asap.

ELV has made a false role claim.

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 01:46:52 PM
so which of these fucking fraggle mcfags do we lynch?

enigma
2 Sep 08, 01:56:26 PM

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that? Do Feegles know who all the other Feegles are?

ELV
2 Sep 08, 01:56:32 PM
i'm not scum damian.

Bartholomew Roberts
2 Sep 08, 01:58:10 PM

Dumbass. Read the wiki:

Like the Librarian, the Death of Rats can communicate everything in a one-syllable sound: squeak , with the occasional emphasis of an eek-eek , when he is excited. This can only be understood by certain people, Susan Sto Helit in particular; for those occasions when he needs to communicate with others, he employs the help of Quoth, a raven who used to belong to a wizard and has therefore absorbed enough magic to be able to speak. The Death of Rats (occasionally using Quoth as transport) is often responsible for dragging Susan from her 'normal' life into the realm of her grandfather, Death, to assist him in saving the world and other such irritating family duties.

Is he allowed to go eek-eek? How about this, mouse person: one squeek is yes, two is no.

Can you say eek-eek?

jamesbannon
2 Sep 08, 02:00:48 PM

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that? Do Feegles know who all the other Feegles are?

No. My role PM isn't terribly clear and what I read on the wiki isn't that clear either. Apparently, there may be more than one character with that name.

ETA: An I no longer think ELV's role claim is false. Neither is mine.

ELV
2 Sep 08, 02:02:03 PM
its not a name, its a species

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 02:02:28 PM
i'm not scum damian.

yeah remember last game?

enigma
2 Sep 08, 02:02:30 PM

Dumbass. Read the wiki:

IIRC, in some books The Death of Rats sometimes went SNH SNH to indicate that he was laughing/chuckling at something.

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 02:03:19 PM
its not a name, its a species

haha. figures.

dancer_rnb
2 Sep 08, 02:03:41 PM
Aren't they some sort of fairy?

ELV
2 Sep 08, 02:04:15 PM
i'm not scum damian.

yeah remember last game?

:no:

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 02:05:02 PM
I would be surprised if there were only one Nac Mac Feegle. They are practically a hive culture.

th1nk3r
2 Sep 08, 02:05:26 PM
vote th1nk3r

vote ELV

ELV
2 Sep 08, 02:09:06 PM
I would be surprised if there were only one Nac Mac Feegle. They are practically a hive culture.

I can't speak for James and my claim but I'm not going to contest his.

d0t
2 Sep 08, 02:11:53 PM

Yeah, although not very likely to take your teeth in a peaceful way.

ELV
2 Sep 08, 02:14:38 PM
Sarpedon, you seem to know a bit about Discworld. Can you tell the town not to lynch me? :mason:

dancer_rnb
2 Sep 08, 02:15:02 PM

Sound like real fun characters........

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 02:19:59 PM
I know a lot about discworld. But I don't know whether or not the town should lynch you.

Though it seems odd that the scum would come up with this as a ruse...unless there's someone equally knowledgable on their team.

If I were GM, I would try to put at least one discworld fanatic on each team.

jamesbannon
2 Sep 08, 02:20:17 PM

This is true from the description. Apparently, we're male drones and not especially intelligent. I guess that explains my mistake :retard:

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 02:23:40 PM
vote th1nk3r

vote ELV

thinker is only allowed to vote once in this game day, which is what, 36 hours long? combined with the earlier suspicions and the fact that the ELV claim has been clarified, this is curious, to say the least.

enigma
2 Sep 08, 02:25:06 PM

Well, to be fair, the Discworld tooth fairies often carry around pliers in case they don't have exact change and need to take an extra tooth to balance the books.

Bartholomew Roberts
2 Sep 08, 02:25:38 PM
two people seem to be claiming the same thing.
vote ELV for now.
And I'll be gone the rest of the day. Actual day, not game day.

xXx_[SSJ] St. Drizzt_xXx
2 Sep 08, 02:28:46 PM
Hey guys. I kinda hope I don't get killed by mind controlled people.

I am conflicted. One one hand, he'll clearly be a strong leader. On the other, I just don't trust him. My conscience is divided, so my vote will be too.

vote Bart

vote Bart

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 02:38:08 PM
I'm not going to vote to lynch either of our so-called NacMacFeegles. An early role-claim is not usually a scum tell, as it just makes them targets for investigation.

However, voting to lynch someone who roleclaims early might be a scum tell...to prevent a town clique from forming.

Vote BART

I'm still undecided on mayor though.

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 02:39:52 PM
I'm not going to vote to lynch either of our so-called NacMacFeegles. An early role-claim is not usually a scum tell, as it just makes them targets for investigation.

However, voting to lynch someone who roleclaims early might be a scum tell...to prevent a town clique from forming.

Vote BART

I'm still undecided on mayor though.

why bart instead of thinker? thinker did it first, and is only allowed to vote once.

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 02:42:36 PM
good point, but he voted only 24 seconds after I posted that there might be multiple Feegles, so he might not have seen it.

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 02:49:06 PM
good point, but he voted only 24 seconds after I posted that there might be multiple Feegles, so he might not have seen it.

true, but that's still a pretty hasty vote for someone that only gets to vote once.

halii
2 Sep 08, 02:51:21 PM
I'm going to vote thinker for these two reasons:

1. early vote when he gets no other vote to use
2. being silenced - why would scum want thinker of all people silenced? I would want thinker silenced if I were scum so he wasn't coming out with genius ideas like "hey i can protect bill but only if he's not protected or i will die".

vote th1nk3r

SkepticTank
2 Sep 08, 02:54:27 PM
:bandwagon: forming!!!!

jamesbannon
2 Sep 08, 02:54:42 PM
I'll go with that: vote th1nk3r

the WORST elf
2 Sep 08, 02:55:45 PM
:bandwagon: forming!!!!

claiming a bandwagon is a scum tell.

eta especially when similar "bandwagons" were forming for bart and elv.

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 03:00:04 PM
Another good point damian. Since bart is free to defend himself, I'll leave my vote on him until he does.

th1nk3r
2 Sep 08, 03:01:34 PM

hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmpppppppppfffffffffffffffff f ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhh

SkepticTank
2 Sep 08, 03:04:50 PM
claiming a bandwagon is a scum tell.

eta especially when similar "bandwagons" were forming for bart and elv.

Miscounted. My brain is fried today (pain meds, wheee!!!!). In my mind Halii was the 3rd vote on Th1nk3r, not the first. damian just brought up Th1nk3r's actions; he didn't actually vote for him.

sonofsyd
2 Sep 08, 03:23:21 PM

hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmpppppppppfffffffffffffffff f ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhh

Frog in your throat?

mrickaby
2 Sep 08, 03:29:28 PM

true, but that's still a pretty hasty vote for someone that only gets to vote once.

And th1nk3r being hasty is not normal?

dancer_rnb
2 Sep 08, 03:36:42 PM
I'm going to vote thinker for these two reasons:

1. early vote when he gets no other vote to use
2. being silenced - why would scum want thinker of all people silenced? I would want thinker silenced if I were scum so he wasn't coming out with genius ideas like "hey i can protect bill but only if he's not protected or i will die".

vote th1nk3r

#2 Doesn't really make any sense to me.

halii
2 Sep 08, 03:40:16 PM
that's probably because you weren't playing big love mafia.

eta: basically making a joke at th1nk3r's expense about the last time he was scum where i'm sure the rest of scum wanted him to shut up.

dancer_rnb
2 Sep 08, 03:42:52 PM

eta: basically making a joke at th1nk3r's expense about the last time he was scum where i'm sure the rest of scum wanted him to shut up.

He does that whether he is scum or not.

Sarpedon
2 Sep 08, 03:45:24 PM
Everyone wants th1nk3r to shut up. Wanting that is not a scum tell. Its a person with a pulse tell.

enigma
2 Sep 08, 03:45:25 PM

Frog in your throat?

If I had to guess, I think he's trying to point out that PD has thus far not said anything in the thread.

Pavlov's Dog
2 Sep 08, 03:51:49 PM
In before PD is scum and lynch the quiet ones.

halii
2 Sep 08, 04:00:12 PM
^^ lynch all liars

Reign_Cryogen
2 Sep 08, 09:50:22 PM
I should be mostly in the office the rest of the week (ie playing).

Reign_Cryogen
2 Sep 08, 09:56:14 PM
We appear to have a couple quiet ones (yeah, yeah, I know) left out here still unless I've missed something.

halii
3 Sep 08, 03:28:30 AM

He does that whether he is scum or not.
Does what? Makes crazy plans and ideas that can sabotage his team? Seems like a good reason to silence him if you're scum with him, and a bad reason to silence him if you are scum and he isn't.

xXx_[SSJ] St. Drizzt_xXx
3 Sep 08, 04:32:37 AM
Good point. I'm still not convinced that th1nk3r is scum, but I am convinced that you know what you doing.

unvote; vote halii

mrickaby
3 Sep 08, 06:17:05 AM
vote Bart

th1nk3r probably just jumped the gun with his vote, Bart had a pretty good explanation of what could be going on before he made his vote, and still just ignored all of that.

Reign_Cryogen
3 Sep 08, 07:02:41 AM
Re-read the thread, I retract my previous statement about quiet people. My mistake.

I fucking hate day 1. That said, realizing that th1nk3r can't speak, if it were me who was gagged, I'd probably just not vote being unable to explain it. At least, not outside of a bandwagon. WIFOMing that a little bit: th1nk3r

SkepticTank
3 Sep 08, 07:05:04 AM
Check for errors:

1. dancer_rnb halii
2. Tenuous
3. FuzzyFungi Bart; Halii Bart
4. jamesbannon JamesBannon Th1nk3r
5. ELV halii
6. mrickaby JamesBannon;halii Bart
7. Pavlov's Dog
8. Bartholomew Roberts BartRob ELV
9. Th1nk3r Th1nk3r ELV
10. Sarpedon Bart
11. Reign JamesBannon Th1nk3r
12. SkepticTank JamesBannon
13. cockrell
14. halii halii Th1nk3r
15. uncool JamesBannon
16. enigma
17. sonofsyd JamesBannon
18. trillian
19. d0t
20. damian halii
21. Matt
22. Spenser

JB - 5
Halii - 6
Bart - 1
Thinker -1

Bart -3
Th1nker - 3
ELV - 2

dancer_rnb
3 Sep 08, 07:09:32 AM
unvote; vote JamesBannon

dancer_rnb
3 Sep 08, 07:10:32 AM
I don't think Spenser has said anything

vote Spenser

Bartholomew Roberts
3 Sep 08, 07:46:16 AM
Actually, I did read all of what was said and yes, I did ignore it when I voted. I wanted to see how ELV and jamesbannon would react. Seeing as how ELV is uncertain of his alignment:

Neither of us are scum (I think) but someone (:glare: -> Luis) hasn't given me much more than that.
it sounds as though he is scum at worst and indie at best. As Sarpedon pointed out however:

and I can go for this. If you think it's suspicious I voted for ELV, feel free to investigate me.

anyhow since I don't think anything useful was gained from it,
unvote ELV

SkepticTank
3 Sep 08, 08:23:25 AM
feel free to investigate me.

scum leader/informant tell (scum but views as town).

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 08:24:21 AM
it would be interesting to see whether ELV's win conditions are exactly the same as jamesbannon's.

trillian
3 Sep 08, 08:38:18 AM
Since JB has claimed "something" now his run for mayor should be over. unvote: vote: halii

Bartholomew Roberts
3 Sep 08, 08:55:35 AM
feel free to investigate me.

scum leader/informant tell (scum but views as town).

OK, then don't investigate me. Or investigate me but don't trust the results. Whatever. My point remains the same, at best we have an independent faction. I have no idea if they will help or hinder us, I was hoping if the pressure was on more info would be forthcoming.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 09:14:13 AM
You know, guys, Discworld is the kind of place where you really don't get a single scum team. Nearly every villain in Pratchett's novels is alone, appears once, and is defeated. Personally, to me it seems like this game is probably a bunch of independent teams who each try to at least survive to their own goal...
=Uncool-

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 09:19:13 AM
You know, guys, Discworld is the kind of place where you really don't get a single scum team. Nearly every villain in Pratchett's novels is alone, appears once, and is defeated. Personally, to me it seems like this game is probably a bunch of independent teams who each try to at least survive to their own goal...
=Uncool-

hmm, does this mean you're an independent team with its own goal?

Bartholomew Roberts
3 Sep 08, 09:20:28 AM
maybe so, but the scenario seems to point out that we're either mafia (mind controlled) or town (not mind controlled). I confess I know nothing about discworld, but in this case I think there's clear cut scum. probably independents as well, but I don't think there would be a whole bunch of indie factions.

But I could be wrong.

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 09:22:04 AM
I wouldn't say that; the set up seems that we're fighting Magpyre, his vampire family (four in number, if I recall, five if you count (ah ah ah) his father) and any other non vampire minions he has.

I find it difficult to believe that the feegles would be against the town. They were always good guys in the books.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 09:26:10 AM
I wouldn't say that; the set up seems that we're fighting Magpyre, his vampire family (four in number, if I recall, five if you count (ah ah ah) his father) and any other non vampire minions he has.

I find it difficult to believe that the feegles would be against the town. They were always good guys in the books.

Agreed; the role they seemed to play was just to support Tiffany.

I have the feeling that if we're fighting Magpyre, there are gonna be a few werewolves involved too...vampires and werewolves almost always go together.

The reason why I'm thinking it's a lot of independent factions is because that really is the way Discworld works - there are no truly evil people, no truly righteous people, just those that try to do good and those that really don't care anymore. So maybe there's only a few true scum, but a lot of different independent factions that have somewhat incompatible goals...
=Uncool-

dancer_rnb
3 Sep 08, 09:26:54 AM
unvote vote th1nk3r

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 09:27:02 AM
=Uncool-

bumping for the new page.

eta if this is true, it might be worth self outing all factions.

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 09:28:45 AM
So...does anyone know why Agnes is naked?

uncool
3 Sep 08, 09:34:40 AM
=Uncool-

bumping for the new page.

eta if this is true, it might be worth self outing all factions.

Bump fails by 1 post.

Also, I am a nac mac feegle myself, hoping to keep tiffany alive at least until a goal is reached. Any of the other feegle can confirm this.

However, even if my idea is correct, most people would be unwilling to out their faction, because I'm guessing that the goals of a lot of people are incompatible. At a guess...there is a character keeping the Auditors at bay, the vampires and werewolves would all be fighting like mad, the Watch and Vetinari want to keep the city people from being stupid, etc.
=Uncool-

Bartholomew Roberts
3 Sep 08, 09:35:11 AM
fat girls need love too.
they just have to pay for it.

dancer_rnb
3 Sep 08, 09:40:49 AM
Twenty minutes to go?

LuisGarcia
3 Sep 08, 09:41:34 AM
6 hours 20 minutes.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 09:47:17 AM
So...does anyone know why Agnes is naked?

It could be because she was dancing naked in the woods...maybe this game will have her developing into her witch powers, as she does in the books.
=uncool-

Spenser
3 Sep 08, 10:19:10 AM
Sorry, been out of town. Slammed with work at the moment and hardly know anything about Discworld, not to mention need to read this entire thread, so will be catching up later.

d0t
3 Sep 08, 11:08:08 AM
Another feegle? Man these things keep popping up like weeds.

I don't think th1nk3r's vote shows anything else than his inability to read the OP for how long the day lasts.

I'll trust JB for now because of the fact that there are multiple feegles and he was the first to imply being one. vote JB

sonofsyd
3 Sep 08, 11:38:30 AM
Ok, I think this is where we are. Check for errors though. Hat tip to ST for the original.

1. dancer_rnb halii ; JamesBannon Spenser; Th1nk3r
2. Tenuous
5. ELV halii
7. Pavlov's Dog
9. Th1nk3r Th1nk3r ELV
10. Sarpedon Bart
13. cockrell
14. halii halii Th1nk3r
15. uncool JamesBannon
16. enigma
17. sonofsyd JamesBannon
18. trillian JamesBannon halii
19. d0t JamesBannon
20. damian halii
21. Matt
22. Spenser

JB - 7
Halii - 6
Bart - 1
Th1nk3r -1

Th1nk3r - 4
Bart -3
ELV - 1

dancer_rnb
3 Sep 08, 12:02:34 PM
everything is pretty close.

Bartholomew Roberts
3 Sep 08, 12:04:40 PM
what happens if a mayor vote ties?

Tenuous
3 Sep 08, 12:37:11 PM
Feegles, you appear to be an indy faction, so what is your win condition? ie

Also, I am a nac mac feegle myself, hoping to keep tiffany alive at least until a goal is reached. Any of the other feegle can confirm this.

Seems to imply a goal that isn't the same as everyone else of eliminating the vampires.

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 12:49:28 PM
Why would we publish our win conditions in thread? Then anyone could claim to be a feegle. Let's just say, we're not the bad guys.

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 12:50:23 PM
Feegles, you appear to be an indy faction, so what is your win condition? ie

Seems to imply a goal that isn't the same as everyone else of eliminating the vampires.

from the OP:

"You are a bit shocked by this revelation, and you begin trying to work out how you will retake the castle, and also begin wondering whether anyone present is still under the vampire's mind control."

this suggests that scum aren't necessarily vampires, and could be made up of any town/indy character, in any faction, that is under mind control. as such, my idea of claiming would be even less useful than already indicated, and no one is ever really cleared short of a view.

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 12:51:39 PM
Why would we publish our win conditions in thread? Then anyone could claim to be a feegle. Let's just say, we're not the bad guys.

anyone could claim to be a faggle right now as well. point missed, as usual.

th1nk3r
3 Sep 08, 01:01:42 PM

:whyyou:

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 01:09:40 PM

and that's who you people are giving 1.5 votes.

SkepticTank
3 Sep 08, 01:11:13 PM
We do it just to piss you off.

Bartholomew Roberts
3 Sep 08, 01:13:35 PM

and that's who you people are giving 1.5 votes.

no, he's leading the lynch vote and I'm behind by one. I've unvoted since my first vote but have yet to vote again. I should probably vote th1nk3r but that would likely look suspicious. However, I don't want to die. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 01:14:34 PM

Point was not missed at all. We have info between us that can be used as an initial screen for bad guys. We also have a means to check on those results.

enigma
3 Sep 08, 01:15:27 PM
I don't think the tie-breaking vote should be in the hands of the member of an outed independent group who may or may not have a winning condition that is compatible with the town's.

vote Halii

sonofsyd
3 Sep 08, 01:17:44 PM
Nac mac fucking faggotry.

unvote
vote halii

vote Bart

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 01:18:11 PM

Point was not missed at all. We have info between us that can be used as an initial screen for bad guys. We also have a means to check on those results.

the point is that we don't give a flying fuck about your little group, and your ass could be getting lynched if you don't share your win condition. god damn it.

Spenser
3 Sep 08, 01:22:05 PM
Still haven't had a chance to catch up at all. Are we allowed to IM? If so does one of my usual IM contacts wanna give me a brief description of what this is all about. Me thinks my own participation will be minimal till my workloads comes under control.

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 01:25:24 PM
unvote Bart

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 01:29:52 PM

the point is that we don't give a flying fuck about your little group, and your ass could be getting lynched if you don't share your win condition. god damn it.

You'll just have to work it out. I took a big risk outing, but it was the only way I could get in touch with anyone. That should tell you that I'm not scum, since I didn't know who anybody was in the first place.

dancer_rnb
3 Sep 08, 01:38:52 PM

You'll just have to work it out. I took a big risk outing, but it was the only way I could get in touch with anyone. That should tell you that I'm not scum, since I didn't know who anybody was in the first place.

Yea Right........

dancer_rnb
3 Sep 08, 01:39:56 PM
unvote

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 01:42:17 PM
wow jb can't even get elected on the "shittiest mafia player logic" platform.

dancer_rnb
3 Sep 08, 01:43:53 PM
Well, James hasn't convinced me to vote to lynch him yet.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 01:44:49 PM
Redo of list with new Halii votes...correct me if I'm wrong; I just recorded changes from SoS's list.

2. Tenuous
5. ELV halii
7. Pavlov's Dog
9. Th1nk3r Th1nk3r ELV
10. Sarpedon Bart
13. cockrell
14. halii halii Th1nk3r
15. uncool JamesBannon
16. enigma Halii
17. sonofsyd JamesBannon Halii Bart
19. d0t JamesBannon
20. damian halii
21. Matt
22. Spenser

JB - 5
Halii - 8
Bart - 1
Th1nk3r -1

Th1nk3r - 4
Bart -3
ELV - 1
=Uncool-

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 01:47:14 PM
man why does matt always sign up and then not participate? :foiled:

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 01:47:15 PM

Personally, I don't give a shit who is mayor. At this stage of the game, I only know what the win condition of the Nac Mac Feegles is. Some players have answered my call correctly and Sarpedon got the reference straight away. That is all I know for the present.

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 01:51:17 PM

Personally, I don't give a shit who is mayor. At this stage of the game, I only know what the win condition of the Nac Mac Feegles is. Some players have answered my call correctly and Sarpedon got the reference straight away. That is all I know for the present.

well prove it and vote for someone else for mayor. that's a pretty tall order asking us to believe that your indie group is harmless to us while also trying to get 1.5 votes.

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 01:52:38 PM
I got the reference because I've read every discworld book except for Wintersmith and the Science of Discworld.

I'm rather suspicious that uncool chose to out in thread rather than PM, unless Feegles aren't allowed to PM.

I'm also suspicious as to how fast a bandwagon seemed to form for Bart.

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 01:54:24 PM
Vote Bannon

Because feegles ain't evil.

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 01:55:45 PM
I got the reference because I've read every discworld book except for Wintersmith and the Science of Discworld.

I'm rather suspicious that uncool chose to out in thread rather than PM, unless Feegles aren't allowed to PM.

I'm also suspicious as to how fast a bandwagon seemed to form for Bart.

are you suspicious of yourself for voting for bart? :mason:

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 02:00:26 PM
Vote Bannon

plus, wtf, are you ignoring my post about the OP? We are likely dealing with mind controlled fuckers here, not "vampires."

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 02:01:28 PM

well prove it and vote for someone else for mayor. that's a pretty tall order asking us to believe that your indie group is harmless to us while also trying to get 1.5 votes.

Very well, unvote; vote halii. Satisfied?

halii
3 Sep 08, 02:03:23 PM
Vote Bannon

Even if they are "good" in the books they could still be problematic for town in this game. We don't know yet.

do feegles have any role in the day 1 story in the books? By that I mean, any role with Count Magpyr?

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 02:04:48 PM

Very well, unvote; vote halii. Satisfied?

:hurray:

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 02:06:10 PM
Vote Bannon

plus, wtf, are you ignoring my post about the OP? We are likely dealing with mind controlled fuckers here, not "vampires."
Feegles are fiercely independent and will fight anyone who attempts to rule them.

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 02:08:17 PM
You of all people should know that voting for someone first isn't a tell. Jumping on a bandwagon is. Even though fungi technically voted for him first, I was thinking and decided to vote for him before I saw that. I frequently think more than 10 minutes before making a vote.

You'll also notice that I said early on that I'd withdraw my vote for Bart if he defended himself, and he did, and I did. I removed it after it was clear that there was a bandwagon forming.

I also gave my reasons for voting for Bart. The others to do so did not. I might flatter myself into thinking that I was so convincing that they didn't need to, but that would be dangerous. In fact, not only have mrrickaby and sonofsyd bandwagoned, they have also been very quiet.

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 02:08:27 PM
Vote Bannon

Feegles are fiercely independent and will fight anyone who attempts to rule them.

you have no idea whether your team or anyone else is mind-controlled, unless you have some insider information about your species ability to not be mind-controlled, in which case you should share this.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 02:08:27 PM
Vote Bannon

Even if they are "good" in the books they could still be problematic for town in this game. We don't know yet.

do feegles have any role in the day 1 story in the books? By that I mean, any role with Count Magpyr?

Count Magpyr is a part of the 3 Witch sequence, that is, Granny, Nanny, and Agnes, right at the beginning of Agnes becoming a witch (as Magrat left, and they needed 3 for their "coven"). Tiffany is a different sequence of books, but still interacts with the Witch sequence a bit. However, it all comes after Carpe Jugulum, the book that features Count Magpyr.
=Uncool-

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 02:09:06 PM
Vote Bannon

Count Magpyr is a part of the 3 Witch sequence, that is, Granny, Nanny, and Agnes, right at the beginning of Agnes becoming a witch (as Magrat left, and they needed 3 for their "coven"). Tiffany is a different sequence of books, but still interacts with the Witch sequence a bit. However, it all comes after Carpe Jugulum, the book that features Count Magpyr.
=Uncool-

wtf did you just say, son?

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 02:11:02 PM
You of all people should know that voting for someone first isn't a tell. Jumping on a bandwagon is. Even though fungi technically voted for him first, I was thinking and decided to vote for him before I saw that. I frequently think more than 10 minutes before making a vote.

You'll also notice that I said early on that I'd withdraw my vote for Bart if he defended himself, and he did, and I did. I removed it after it was clear that there was a bandwagon forming.

I also gave my reasons for voting for Bart. The others to do so did not. I might flatter myself into thinking that I was so convincing that they didn't need to, but that would be dangerous. In fact, not only have mrrickaby and sonofsyd bandwagoned, they have also been very quiet.

you'll get no disagreement from me, yet that doesn't make anyone seem especially suspicious to me. thinker voting that early for ELV still stands out the most, and he'll get my vote if no one better pops up in the next 45 minutes or so.

dancer_rnb
3 Sep 08, 02:11:18 PM

you have no idea whether your team or anyone else is mind-controlled, unless you have some insider information about your species ability to not be mind-controlled, in which case you should share this.

Wasn't everyone mind controlled at the start, except for Agnes?

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 02:12:25 PM
And yes, Damian, I am ignoring you to a certain extent.

The victims of mind control will be citizens of Lancre, ie the ones attending the ball. Feegles aren't citizens of Lancre. True, I may be wrong in the context of the game, but its more to go on.

Its better to have a friendly independant as mayor than a scum. bannon probably won't last long in any case.

d0t
3 Sep 08, 02:13:21 PM

Witches hate vampires.
Tiffany is a witch.
Feegles like Tiffany.

Therefore, Feegles hate vampires.
(even though Feegles and vampires never appeared together in the books)

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 02:13:54 PM

Wasn't everyone mind controlled at the start, except for Agnes?

it's unclear about agnes, but:

"You are a bit shocked by this revelation, and you begin trying to work out how you will retake the castle, and also begin wondering whether anyone present is still under the vampire's mind control."

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 02:14:30 PM

Witches hate vampires.
Tiffany is a witch.
Feegles like Tiffany.

Therefore, Feegles hate vampires.
(even though Feegles and vampires never appeared together in the books)

feegles can't think for themselves?

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 02:15:00 PM
btw these books sound fucking horrible.

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 02:15:36 PM
Feegles generally don't think for themselves, no.

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 02:18:08 PM
Everyone in Lancre castle is attentively listening to the words of Count Magpyr, an honored guest. He has somehow gotten everyone's attention and has managed to convince even the most typically stubborn people in the palace that his leadership would be the best thing to ever happen to the small kingdom of Lancre. Even the king is quite happy to hand over power to Count Magpyr for the benefit of all.

My bold.

Since the nac Mac Feegles do not recognise kings, queens, lairds or masters, it is unlikely we were in the castle at the time. If anything, townsfolk who were in the castle are the most likely to be under the count's sway at this point.

halii
3 Sep 08, 02:18:22 PM
do any of you discworld nerds get why agnes is naked?

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 02:22:25 PM
I don't. no. I don't recall her ever being naked in the books...though maybe I blocked it out.

What I want to know about agnes is :

A, is she one of us players, or just the GM mouthpeice?

and

B, Is this Agnes speaking or Perdita?

dancer_rnb
3 Sep 08, 02:23:06 PM
btw these books sound fucking horrible.

Some of them are better than others. They started out as parodies of fantasy novels.

dancer_rnb
3 Sep 08, 02:24:29 PM
I wonder if it is possible to get some food around here.

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 02:25:45 PM
Oh god! I hope the Morris Dancers don't have their own sub-faction.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 02:29:11 PM
Oh god! I hope the Morris Dancers don't have their own sub-faction.

...playz, say it ain't sah...
=uncool-

enigma
3 Sep 08, 02:29:52 PM
Is this Agnes speaking or Perdita?

Not sure, but given the circumstances I'd wager on Perdita.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 02:38:22 PM
vote trillian
as I think she is an Auditor.
The Auditors are not allowed to use the words "I" or "me," as they denote individuality, which the Auditors are not allowed to have. Trillian is one of four people who has not used those words, and two of them have reasons (cockrell as Death of Rats, and th1nk3r as silenced). Pavlov's Dog has said his standard line only, so it's not really expected for him to say something along those lines. As such, trillian is most suspicious to me.
=Uncool-

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 02:45:57 PM
Interesting point uncool. I'll wait for her next post to decide.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 02:49:08 PM

Yeah. Just as a note though, if all of the people do talk with "I" or "me," then the other possibility is that they all have to vote together...
=Uncool-

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 02:49:59 PM

Yeah. Just as a note though, if all of the people do talk with "I" or "me," then the other possibility is that they all have to vote together...
=Uncool-

the latter would ruin the game entirely.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 02:51:59 PM

=Uncool-

Ehhh, not entirely. There are probably multiple scum groups too. But yeah, I think the first one is far more likely.
=Uncool-

uncool
3 Sep 08, 02:57:08 PM
Also: 1 hour left, we're gonna need votes now...
=uncool-

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 03:01:11 PM
=Uncool-

Ehhh, not entirely. There are probably multiple scum groups too. But yeah, I think the first one is far more likely.
=Uncool-

OK, I've now read the Wiki entry on the auditors and what you say seems reasonable. I wonder, though, if they can actually destroy. That seems to be against the rules. Seems to me like they can recruit using gold?

the WORST elf
3 Sep 08, 03:03:27 PM
do auditors come in packs, or is she likely alone? if the latter, according to your analysis, it's only her, and at the most, thinker and PD. This would makes sense as to why they would silence thinker, no?

Regardless, this doesn't makes sense to me. It seems like LG put a lot of thought into this game, and a stupid flaw like this would break it.

Fuck it though, one easy way to find out. If thinker or trillian is scum, the other possibly is as well. Thinker can always prove himself tomorrow when he's unsilenced.

vote trillian

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 03:06:01 PM
According to the Wiki entry, the auditors operate in threes: one to argue for; one to argue against; and one to mediate between the two opinions. I don't know how that would fit in with th1nk3r being silenced on night 0 though.

SkepticTank
3 Sep 08, 03:06:30 PM
Are auditors necessarily bad guys?

uncool
3 Sep 08, 03:07:15 PM
do auditors come in packs, or is she likely alone? if the latter, according to your analysis, it's only her, and at the most, thinker and PD. This would makes sense as to why they would silence thinker, no?

Regardless, this doesn't makes sense to me. It seems like LG put a lot of thought into this game, and a stupid flaw like this would break it.

Fuck it though, one easy way to find out. If thinker or trillian is scum, the other possibly is as well. Thinker can always prove himself tomorrow when he's unsilenced.

vote trillian

They're nearly always in packs. Extremely rarely, they can come as a single thing, but they work in committees on everything.
Also, JB: you mean like "hiring"? And yeah, that's the most likely thing for them to do, as that is effectively the only way they work in the books.
=Uncool-

mrickaby
3 Sep 08, 03:07:33 PM

From the wiki:

"They are one of the major recurring villains in the series"

I had to look it up. Based on this vote trillian

d0t
3 Sep 08, 03:07:34 PM
I've compared trillian's post here to posts in the previous game (I'll this, I'll that, I, I, I, ... in every post), so uncool's theory seems plausible.

Would like her to post, and dislike jumping on new bandwagons in the last hour, but dislike not voting even more: vote trillian

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 03:08:02 PM
What makes you think there's any auditors playing?

vote sonofsyd

mrickaby
3 Sep 08, 03:09:05 PM

From the wiki:

"They are one of the major recurring villains in the series"

I had to look it up. Based on this vote trillian

Should be unvote, vote trillian

Also, for the record: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditors_of_Reality

uncool
3 Sep 08, 03:11:36 PM

The Auditors of Reality are usually considered bad guys. They are people who basically take care of the paperwork of the universe. However, they find that consciousness create bad paperwork for them, and supernatural beings, like Death of Rats and others, even more so. As such, they have plotted to stop time (so they can catch up on paperwork), kill the Hogfather (like Santa Claus), and some other bad bad stuff.
=Uncool-

ELV
3 Sep 08, 03:15:15 PM
I'm here!

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 03:15:31 PM
They are major recurring villains, but NOT in the Lancre books, so far as I recall.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 03:19:23 PM
What makes you think there's any auditors playing?

vote sonofsyd

Mostly because they seem like the kind of thing Luis might put in...and they're some of the better villains for this kind of game.
The other ones I think will be in game are werewolves. However, they may not necessarily be evil - there are good werewolves in Ankh-Morpork.
=Uncool-
ETA: Why vote for sonofsyd?

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 03:29:29 PM
As I pointed out earlier, not participating much, and bandwagon voting. It was either him, MrRickaby, or you.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 03:32:17 PM
2. Tenuous
4. jamesbannon JamesBannon haliiTh1nk3r
5. ELV halii
6. mrickaby JamesBannon;halii BartTrillian
7. Pavlov's Dog
9. Th1nk3r Th1nk3r ELV
10. Sarpedon JamesBannonBart Sonofsyd
13. cockrell
14. halii halii Th1nk3r
15. uncool JamesBannon Trillian
16. enigma Halii
17. sonofsyd JamesBannon Halii Bart
19. d0t JamesBannonTrillian
20. damian halii Trillian
21. Matt
22. Spenser

JB - 5
Halii - 9
Bart - 1
Th1nk3r -1

Th1nk3r - 4
Trillian - 4
Bart -2
ELV - 1
=Uncool-

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 03:33:45 PM
I have some info that indicates there are definitely auditors in the game.

unvote; vote Trillian

enigma
3 Sep 08, 03:37:29 PM
While I find it odd that there are Auditors in Lancre, a number of things about this game have been rather odd, such as Tiffany Aching being present here when she wasn't present in Carpe Jugulum, Agnes being naked to start with, The Death of Rats being here when I don't think he played much, if any, role in any of the Witches' Series of books.

The presence of the Death of Rats would tend to support the idea that auditors are present, since they were present in a number of stories that the Death of Rats played a major role in. If the auditors are here then we should probably be on the look out for Susan and maybe Lu-Tze. In any case it would explain some of the weirdness going on.

Given that this is the best indicator that I've seen so far, I'll vote: Trillian. If she says I or me between now and dusk I'll unvote her.

trillian
3 Sep 08, 03:38:51 PM
Jesus, I leave for a bit and I'm on the block. This is like deja vu. Should I feel really popular that I keep getting early votes these last few games??'

When is day end?

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 03:39:23 PM
Ok, I'll try it.

Unvote. Vote Trillian

Since I've decided to trust bannon for now.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 03:39:25 PM
Jesus, I leave for a bit and I'm on the block. This is like deja vu. Should I feel really popular that I keep getting early votes these last few games??'

When is day end?

unvote
=Uncool-

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 03:39:55 PM
unvote

d0t
3 Sep 08, 03:40:16 PM
unvote

uncool
3 Sep 08, 03:40:32 PM
Ok, I'll try it.

Unvote. Vote Trillian

Since I've decided to trust bannon for now.

You're 30 seconds late to the party :cool:
Trillian showed her "I"s.
=Uncool-

halii
3 Sep 08, 03:40:49 PM
woah in just a few minutes everything changed. nevermind, this was a response to bannon.

though you should still share the information about the auditors.

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 03:42:38 PM
So, logically, we either have to conclude that auditors can use Is in this game, bannon is lying, OR, its one of the scanty posters who are the auditors.

Perhaps cockrell is only Pretending to be Death of Rats?

or PD.

Did matt use the magic words in his sole post?

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 03:43:34 PM
unvote Damn, there goes that theory.

@ Halii: I have been contacted by one person who claims that he / she is anti-auditor.

enigma
3 Sep 08, 03:43:38 PM
Unvote

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 03:44:34 PM
@ Sarpedon: I'm not lying. I've been absolutely straight so far.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 03:45:42 PM
Checking in. I don't even know what Discworld is- Luis just asked me if I wanted to play.
Only th1nk3r, PD, and cockrell have yet to say the magic words. Th1nk3r clearly has a reason, so I'd find him less suspicious than the other two. Of them, PD seems more suspicious to me...but my scumdar is still way off, apparently.

Hrm. I just thought of a possible variant on the auditor theme: auditors are allowed to vote however they want, as long as another auditor agrees with them. This would keep them from being individuals, without being unbalanced.
=Uncool-

halii
3 Sep 08, 03:46:13 PM
bannon what information do you have about the auditors?

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 03:46:17 PM
So, correct me if I'm wrong, that leaves only Cockrell, th1nk3r, and PD...any others?

uncool
3 Sep 08, 03:48:18 PM
Oh, right:
unvote vote halii
It's nice to have a mayor. 2 votes to go...
=Uncool-

uncool
3 Sep 08, 03:49:18 PM
So, correct me if I'm wrong, that leaves only Cockrell, th1nk3r, and PD...any others?

All others have said the words. Th1nk3r is obvious why not...cockrell is either false-claiming or has a good reason, so I'd FOS PD first.
=Uncool-

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 03:50:42 PM

Only what I've read on the Wiki so far.

They work in threes.
They use gold to hire humans to do their dirty work for them.
They have no personal identity of their own. Any experience of individuality results in death.
Some personifications, such as Kaos, Death, etc. are their enemies.
They are probably independent scum.

Spenser
3 Sep 08, 03:51:36 PM
Vote: halii

I got a little background on what is going on but still am pretty swamped. The I/me thing sounds twisted, everyone just make a statement about themselves.

I am awesome.

halii
3 Sep 08, 03:52:19 PM
i meant the information that there are "definitely" auditors are in this game.

Sarpedon
3 Sep 08, 03:52:48 PM
oh heck, why the hell not? I've got nothing better at the moment.

Vote PD

uncool
3 Sep 08, 03:53:25 PM

They work in threes.
They have no personal identity of their own. Any experience of individuality results in death.

The experience of individuality thing is not *quite* true. There is an example where one got differentiated for a very specific purpose...but this one turned good. If I remember correctly, this was during the time-stoppage incident.
=Uncool-

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 03:54:42 PM
i meant the information that there are "definitely" auditors are in this game.

I told you: one person has contacted me to say they are anti-auditor.

uncool
3 Sep 08, 03:54:58 PM
oh heck, why the hell not? I've got nothing better at the moment.

Vote PD

I'm personally gonna keep this one for tomorrow, to make sure he has time to respond, since there are only 7 minutes left.
=Uncool-

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 03:55:58 PM

They work in threes.

The experience of individuality thing is not *quite* true. There is an example where one got differentiated for a very specific purpose...but this one turned good. If I remember correctly, this was during the time-stoppage incident.
=Uncool-
Yeah, but she claimed to have been an individual from the start. She committed suicide by jumping into a vat of chocolate and met death.

jamesbannon
3 Sep 08, 03:56:35 PM
unvote; vote Pavlov's Dog

LuisGarcia
3 Sep 08, 04:00:01 PM
Nightfall.

Spenser
3 Sep 08, 04:01:41 PM
We all going to vote PD till he comes along and says "Hey guys, I am here and I am not scum"?

LuisGarcia
3 Sep 08, 04:09:41 PM
Looking startled by the mob that has come for him even when he was on his sickbed, th1nk3r finally finds his voice, but only with his very last breath.

"Screw you guys".

Th1nk3r was the drome vig.

Halii wanders away towards the Patricians Palace.

Night moves. Use them if you've got them.