PDA

View Full Version : The Departed Mafia - Day Four

ELV
14 Jul 08, 08:16:51 AM
Day comes and once again one of your compatriots has been put behind bars. This time it is Adam. The police came to his house in the middle of the night. Adam tried to fight them but he was wounded in the ensuing gunfight and taken into custody.

Adam was a regular mob thug.

1. Potter
2. Luis
3. PD
4. unorganized
5. mrick
6. halii
7. Adam
8. Tenuous
9. sonofsyd
10. Beyelzu
11. plaridel
12. JB
13. BR
14. Reign
15. mac_philo
16. trillian
17. th1nk3r
18. Joshua Adams
19. d0t
20. Skeptic Tank
21. Spenser

SkepticTank
14 Jul 08, 08:18:14 AM
Me thinks there are no specials.

Tenuous
14 Jul 08, 08:21:46 AM

Possibly, but given the theme you'd think there'd be someone who was equivalent to the mole in the police. Don't see much point in the theme if it was completely vanilla with no seer type.

Pavlov's Dog
14 Jul 08, 08:36:46 AM
vote d0t Was pretty fucking quiet, then came out of nowhere to switch the vote from unorganized to potter without giving much reason.

SkepticTank
14 Jul 08, 08:45:20 AM
Not that it changes the vote, SonofSyd actually unvoted in this post (http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=387399#post387399) so there was actually one less votes on Unorg at day's end.

My brief analysis of yesterday:
PD made some good points.

Also, what is up with plaridel? She voted for Spenser and kept asking him about protection? Was she fishing to see if he got protected on night one, to see if he was available to be grabbed on night two? Then there was the fact that ELV wouldn't let thinker take over for plaridel, but then he wanted to get damian to take over for her. So far all my suspicions are based on what ELV has done, as opposed to what any of the players have done, but I can't ignore it.
Also after Bey started the 2nd bandwagon on Potter, PD said:

Anyone who is agreeing with bey is suspect in my book.

And since Potter did indeed turn out to not be scum that backs him up.
Finally, he said:

I think it is kind of strange that d0t has been relatively quiet, but then comes out of nowhere to put the nail in PP's coffin.

So my suspicion goes back on Unorg who was "rescued" by the bandwagon on Potter, and everyone who voted for Potter (in rough order of suspicion):
Beyelzu, d0t, Trillian, MRick, JoshuaAdams & Tenuous

trillian
14 Jul 08, 08:46:32 AM

If we get no info today, no "trusted" viewed person to speak for a seer, then this might be true.

Unless they viewed only victims, we should have something today.

SkepticTank
14 Jul 08, 08:57:39 AM
Unless they viewed only victims, we should have something today.

That's true. I guess JB and Spenser would have been good view choices for nights 1 & 2.

Reign_Cryogen
14 Jul 08, 09:04:09 AM
vote d0t Was pretty fucking quiet, then came out of nowhere to switch the vote from unorganized to potter without giving much reason.I lean more toward beyelzu but for more gut-related reasons than anything I can substantiate with quotation.

I'll get on the wagon for d0t if we don't come up with anything more suitable. Like Unorganized.

Which doesn't take the eyeball off of you, PD.

SkepticTank
14 Jul 08, 09:07:47 AM
I like Beyelzu for starting the bandwagon on Potter. PD likes d0t for finishing it. Both have merit.

I tried to go see why Adam was a target for the cops. His only real post of substance yesterday was this:

Sticking with PD for now, and I'm also sort of curious about Reign's singling out of mrick, and ignoring PD, especially given JB's odd comments about mrick yesterday.

He was the sole vote on PD, so we have a WIFOM with there. Did PD have him arrested, or did the staties have him arrested to throw suspicion on PD? I'm thinking the latter.

Pavlov's Dog
14 Jul 08, 09:08:24 AM
vote d0t Was pretty fucking quiet, then came out of nowhere to switch the vote from unorganized to potter without giving much reason.I lean more toward beyelzu but for more gut-related reasons than anything I can substantiate with quotation.

I'll get on the wagon for d0t if we don't come up with anything more suitable. Like Unorganized.

Which doesn't take the eyeball off of you, PD.

Well, I still think bey and unorganized are suspect. The reason why I am not voting bey is that it is much more brazen for scum to start the bandwagon the other way than to drop the hammer. d0t can come in here and say, "What are you talking about? I didn't know that my vote was the vote that did in Potter. I was just voting like everybody else, blah, blah, blah."

Tenuous
14 Jul 08, 09:16:53 AM
Well, if we're talking about the rats wanting to lynch Potter to avoid Unorganised getting lynched, then that presupposes that Unorganised is a rat and thus he'd be the clearest target. So before we lynch someone for derailing his bandwagon, it would be logical to lynch him first to see if he really is a rat.

SkepticTank
14 Jul 08, 09:19:01 AM
That makes a lot of sense.

vote Unorganized

Pavlov's Dog
14 Jul 08, 09:31:09 AM
Well, if we're talking about the rats wanting to lynch Potter to avoid Unorganised getting lynched, then that presupposes that Unorganised is a rat and thus he'd be the clearest target. So before we lynch someone for derailing his bandwagon, it would be logical to lynch him first to see if he really is a rat.

Well, d0t doesn't necessarily presuppose that unorganized was a rat. I am suspicious of anyone dropping the hammer on a player, especially when they were pretty quiet up until that time. That is one of the reasons I went for d0t instead of bey.

Tenuous
14 Jul 08, 09:37:34 AM

Well, d0t doesn't necessarily presuppose that unorganized was a rat. I am suspicious of anyone dropping the hammer on a player, especially when they were pretty quiet up until that time. That is one of the reasons I went for d0t instead of bey.

Well if both Unorganised and Potter weren't rats, then the rats wouldn't care which one died so why get attention by dropping the hammer on one over the other?

Pavlov's Dog
14 Jul 08, 09:49:57 AM

Well if both Unorganised and Potter weren't rats, then the rats wouldn't care which one died so why get attention by dropping the hammer on one over the other?

I don't know. Could have just been a mistake and he was just bandwagoning without realizing that he was the deciding vote. You wouldn't want attention on yourself even if unorganized was scum. I am not pretending to have all the answers, but I will keep my vote on d0t until he explains why he did what he did.

d0t
14 Jul 08, 10:01:25 AM
vote d0t Was pretty fucking quiet, then came out of nowhere to switch the vote from unorganized to potter without giving much reason.

Already explained why I was quiet. Didn't have a big preference for either, but still wanted to use my vote, so went along with Tenuous because I thought I remembered something suspicious from PP and didn't from Unorganized.
Looking back at day 2, I still would have voted for PP even with more time.

mrickaby
14 Jul 08, 10:02:00 AM

Agreeing with this.

vote Unorganized (again)

Reign_Cryogen
14 Jul 08, 10:05:21 AM

Well if both Unorganised and Potter weren't rats, then the rats wouldn't care which one died so why get attention by dropping the hammer on one over the other?To keep us running around in circles about it?

Pavlov's Dog
14 Jul 08, 10:08:50 AM
unvote d0t; vote unorganized

Still suspicious of d0t, and if unorganized comes up scum then I am going back to d0t.

mac_philo
14 Jul 08, 10:10:18 AM
vote Unorganized (again)

sonofsyd
14 Jul 08, 10:18:32 AM
Tenuous has it spot on, I think. If the rats did try to swing the vote then that makes Unorganized a rat too.

vote Unorganized

Maybe my reasoning skills are better than I think when I'm drunk so this time I'll try to stick to it.

Reign_Cryogen
14 Jul 08, 10:31:45 AM
Fair enough. And let's stick to our guns this time.

Unorganized

beyelzu
14 Jul 08, 10:33:33 AM

I agree, I made a case for potter and even admitted that maybe he was just a newb but it seemed to me that he was a scum newb.

Of course if they were both innocent then we are just chasing our own tails. I hope that I didn't derail the lynch of a scum. That would just make me feel uber stupid.

trillian
14 Jul 08, 10:42:04 AM
I think a decent case has been made for UO. But my vote for now is going to

vote: mac philo

He has basically said nothing so far. We need to get quiet ones talking before we realize we have let someone slide the entire game.

beyelzu
14 Jul 08, 10:50:28 AM
Normally I am for the lynching of the quiet, I am worried though, we burned one lynch on bradshaw which I think was for good reason, we got jb, but then we were wrong again. I would hate to use todays lynch for meta reasons.

trillian
14 Jul 08, 11:07:07 AM
Normally I am for the lynching of the quiet, I am worried though, we burned one lynch on bradshaw which I think was for good reason, we got jb, but then we were wrong again. I would hate to use todays lynch for meta reasons.

I dont really expect to start a new bandwagon. But we have 2 days before lynch and we need to use this time discuss other things besides agreeing and lynching UO. Otherwise we may as well make all the votes final and move on to another day.

LuisGarcia
14 Jul 08, 11:25:24 AM
Agreed. mac_philo has one post per day, and needs to join in more.

mrickaby voting for unorganized is interesting. My most suspect person being voted for by my second.

SkepticTank
14 Jul 08, 11:59:11 AM
we burned one lynch on bradshaw which I think was for good reason,

BartRoberts/Bradshaw, same difference, right?

beyelzu
14 Jul 08, 12:20:39 PM
Sorry, skept but yeah, same difference. except of course bradshaw I think was more helpful.

halii
14 Jul 08, 01:18:34 PM
I didn't get why people refrained from voting for unorganized because there wasn't enough evidence, but were so quick to jump on potter. I guess we might as well find out why.

vote Unorganized

Unorganized
14 Jul 08, 01:50:39 PM
Well, my survival to this day seems near-miraculous. And it's looking pretty dismal today, too.

I didn't get why people refrained from voting for unorganized because there wasn't enough evidence, but were so quick to jump on potter. I guess we might as well find out why.And I didn't get why you decided to bring up our little past history from outside the game yesterday. A dick-move, if you ask me. And it makes me think like your vote for my lynching today is just vengence for that.

But I'll hold out my own vote for a while. Ay this point, my suspicions point to mac philo, for quietness (as trillian pointed out).

mac_philo
14 Jul 08, 02:06:50 PM
I've never played before and don't know what I'm doing. That's why I'm quiet.

But some people want to protect Unorganized again and make me be today's Patronus Potter.

LuisGarcia
14 Jul 08, 02:14:14 PM
I've never played before and don't know what I'm doing. That's why I'm quiet.

Lesson 1. Don't be quiet.

But some people want to protect Unorganized again and make me be today's Patronus Potter.

Not seeing that yet. Just post more and people will not worry about you.

sonofsyd
14 Jul 08, 02:38:45 PM
I'm sticking with UO for today's lynch but also high on my FOS list is plaridel for being ultra quiet.

Pavlov's Dog
14 Jul 08, 02:59:51 PM
I'm sticking with UO for today's lynch but also high on my FOS list is plaridel for being ultra quiet.

Yeah. I also didn't like how she was all on Spenser's shit, Spenser gets arrested, and then she goes quiet.

mrickaby
14 Jul 08, 03:30:04 PM
mrickaby voting for unorganized is interesting. My most suspect person being voted for by my second.

For the record, I also had a fairly early vote in against him yesterday, before following a gut feeling along with bey's suspicion onto Potter yesterday.

SkepticTank
15 Jul 08, 06:53:28 AM
^^^ scum move. Get an early vote on fellow scum, then switch bandwagons. :)

Reign_Cryogen
15 Jul 08, 07:53:30 AM
I get the idea of hanging back and trying not to draw undue attention via broken-ass scumdar, but it's not helping the cause. Feel free to hang back while we get pinched one by one with impunity and we pop our own one by one 'cause we've got shit or - worse - nothing.

We're lucky we apparently don't have any moolies fucking with us.

mrickaby
15 Jul 08, 08:06:56 AM
^^^ scum move. Get an early vote on fellow scum, then switch bandwagons. :)

You know what then? Go ahead and lynch me to find out. Yeah, I have been on the wrong end of two bandwagons, but I felt that where I stood on each of them was justified at the time.

SkepticTank
15 Jul 08, 09:30:08 AM
awfully defensive there MRick...

Anyway, Unorg,
this is the point in the game where you are supposed to try to defend yourself, explain why lynching you is a bad idea, at least fucking state "I'm not a fucking rat!", or something.

SkepticTank
15 Jul 08, 09:51:35 AM
I get the idea of hanging back and trying not to draw undue attention via broken-ass scumdar, but it's not helping the cause.

I agree, but there's not much to talk about. We've got a pretty good number of votes on Unorg, and nobody is making any other info public. So that means one of the following:

1. There are no specials
2. There are specials, but for whatever reason they're not talking
3. The cabal thinks they're in good position, and they're pleased with the way today's vote is going, so there's no reason to out any more info.

Anyone have any other explanations for what the fuck is going on?

Anyone have any speculation about how the theme makes sense if we had no specials?

Ok, here's something else we can speculate on.
ELV has been calling Dusk & Nightfall separately. What's the reason for this?

Day 1 dusk (http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=383314#post383314) at 4:37 eastern announced Bart was dead
Day 1 nightfall (http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=383495#post383495) at 6:48

Day 2 dusk (http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=385507#post385507) at 6:02 eastern announced Bart was dead
Day 2 nightfall (http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=385521#post385521) at 6:18

Day 3 was a little different. (http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=388587#post388587) He announced nightfall was late at 6:30, then at 6:37 he verfied that Potter was the lynch victim and was regular mob.

Some games have this feature because of something necessary happening between those times, but unless I really missed something, in the rules, I don't understand what that's about.

LuisGarcia
15 Jul 08, 10:12:12 AM
Ok, here's something else we can speculate on.
ELV has been calling Dusk & Nightfall separately. What's the reason for this?

Day 1 dusk (http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=383314#post383314) at 4:37 eastern announced Bart was dead
Day 1 nightfall (http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=383495#post383495) at 6:48

Day 2 dusk (http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=385507#post385507) at 6:02 eastern announced Bart was dead
Day 2 nightfall (http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=385521#post385521) at 6:18

Day 3 was a little different. (http://www.rantsnraves.org/showthread.php?p=388587#post388587) He announced nightfall was late at 6:30, then at 6:37 he verfied that Potter was the lynch victim and was regular mob.

Some games have this feature because of something necessary happening between those times, but unless I really missed something, in the rules, I don't understand what that's about.

I may be wrong, but I think he called nightfall early on day 1 cos Bart suicided, but he gave us til the original nightfall to carry on the thread. The other days he's just taken a few minutes to check the votes and post the last message.

SkepticTank
15 Jul 08, 10:14:14 AM
ahh yeah, good point.

Oops, cut & paste on day 2, obviously. I fixed the times, but not the lynch victim.

ETA:

Ehh, well day2 I guess is the best example of what I was talking about.
Dusk announced, JB was clearly the big vote, then it took 16 minutes to write up the summary? All that just for game flavor?

I'm not entirely convinced.

plaridel
15 Jul 08, 10:28:27 AM
checking in.

vote unorganized

Yeah. I also didn't like how she was all on Spenser's shit, Spenser gets arrested, and then she goes quiet.

hey, I already apologized for that.

Reign_Cryogen
15 Jul 08, 10:38:25 AM
I agree, but there's not much to talk about.I mean in general. Chatter. Bullshit. Whatever. "Lynch the quiet ones" happened for a reason.

sonofsyd
15 Jul 08, 10:57:33 AM
Just pondering on ST's posts above and personally I don't think there are any specials in the game. We've not heard a fucking squeak from anyone. No seer, no cabal.

Oh, and hiya plaridel. Where ya been?

Unorganized
15 Jul 08, 01:24:01 PM
awfully defensive there MRick...

Anyway, Unorg,
this is the point in the game where you are supposed to try to defend yourself, explain why lynching you is a bad idea, at least fucking state "I'm not a fucking rat!", or something.Yeah, no shit.

mrick is being defensive because your theory about him is wrong: I'm no scum. I'm inclined to believe he isn't, either.

mac_philo said that there are people still trying to defend me, but I agree with LuisGarcia in that I don't see evidence of that at all. So, why would he think that?

trillian
15 Jul 08, 01:24:48 PM
Boring day. This is supposed to be the part where all the info comes out and we all debate about what else it will mean if so-n-so is good and so-n-so is evil.
Looked at who has been here... Joshua Adams hasn't shown to Day 4 yet.

Off to Grandmas so I will miss the lynch. Doesn't look like my vote really matters so I'll just leave it as is.

*Oh and to make up for this non exciting day, my friend Kelly Kim made the final table at the WSOP. woo hoo! Remember to cheer him on in Nov.! He is the short stack.

LuisGarcia
15 Jul 08, 01:47:52 PM
So it's

Unorganized 8
mac_philo 1

I guess if Unorganized is scum, we have some candidates in those who lynched Potter.

If not, what does that tell us?

SkepticTank
15 Jul 08, 01:50:34 PM
If not, what does that tell us?

That we suck.

Pavlov's Dog
15 Jul 08, 01:55:03 PM
If unorganized is not scum, then I would go back to plaridel jumping all over Spenser and trying to figure out if he got protection the night before he was arrested. My only problem with that theory is that it seems to obvious and too dumb. I also don't like d0t's vote on PP.

Pavlov's Dog
15 Jul 08, 01:55:41 PM
Oh, I also am not sure about mrickaby. The way he is playing just seems different, and the other issues I mentioned before.

LuisGarcia
15 Jul 08, 01:56:02 PM
That's true, we seem to be rubbish without specials.

How about people start publishing suspect lists?

I'd start, but frankly I haven't got much on anyone that I haven't already said. I trust Tenuous most, and probably unorganised and mrickaby least, but tbh, I got nothin.

LuisGarcia
15 Jul 08, 01:56:53 PM
My "that's true" was at ST

Unorganized
15 Jul 08, 01:56:53 PM
If unorganized is not scum, then I would go back to plaridel jumping all over Spenser and trying to figure out if he got protection the night before he was arrested. My only problem with that theory is that it seems to obvious and too dumb. I also don't like d0t's vote on PP.Has plaridel played much before?

Pavlov's Dog
15 Jul 08, 01:57:30 PM
If unorganized is not scum, then I would go back to plaridel jumping all over Spenser and trying to figure out if he got protection the night before he was arrested. My only problem with that theory is that it seems to obvious and too dumb. I also don't like d0t's vote on PP.Has plaridel played much before?

Yes. She plays quite frequently.

Pavlov's Dog
15 Jul 08, 01:58:00 PM
That's true, we seem to be rubbish without specials.

How about people start publishing suspect lists?

I'd start, but frankly I haven't got much on anyone that I haven't already said. I trust Tenuous most, and probably unorganised and mrickaby least, but tbh, I got nothin.

All I got is what I said above, and as you can see, it is not much.

Joshua Adams
15 Jul 08, 01:58:33 PM
Thoughts upon rereading the game:

Pavlov's Dog -- Spenser and Adam, who both had him as their top suspect, were night killed. Only problem with this is that he's consistently answered suspicions in a way that makes sense to me, in his exchanges with Spenser (day 1-2) and mrickaby (Day 2, over the "lynch plaridel" thing). In other words, it could be a setup, because he comes off as innocent to me otherwise.

plaridel -- James did his damnedest not to white knight her. If she was innocent, I'd think he would defend her like normal so as to make her look bad if he died (Of course, WIFOM and all that). Spenser also said "keep talking, you are usually an easy read" to her, and, well, she didn't keep talking, did she? Does she not want to be read?

If Unorganized is scum, I don't think that implies beyelzu is scum. I would think it goes the other way around--if we lynch bey, and he's scum, it's almost sure that Unorganized is scum, since scum don't derail town bandwagons. However, it could be that bey is town and honestly found PP more suspicious than Unorganized, even if the latter is scum.

SkepticTank
15 Jul 08, 02:03:34 PM
I'm with you Luis, but if Unorg comes up mob, that changes things quite a bit.

I think we'll need to go back to day 1 and start over.

I made this list the other day:
Unorg, Mrick, Reign and trillian voted for JB for boss, but not for lynch.

If Unorg is not scum, we should look into the people who bandwagoned him twice, and yes, that includes me.

Unorganized
15 Jul 08, 02:13:55 PM
If Unorg is not scum, we should look into the people who bandwagoned him twice, and yes, that includes me.Hmm...presenting a theory that places yourself in jeopardy. Interesting...

SkepticTank
15 Jul 08, 02:46:03 PM
I'm suspicious of anyone who isn't suspicious of me.

LuisGarcia
15 Jul 08, 02:47:26 PM
or Trillian.

LuisGarcia
15 Jul 08, 02:58:25 PM
1. Potter
2. Luis is town
3. PD is being oddly inoffensive, which is weird
4. unorganized is about to be lynched, so we'll find out either way
5. mrick is not following his normal style and has made some scummy moves
6. halii has not played town that I've seen, so I have no read
7. Adam
8. Tenuous seems town to me
9. sonofsyd no read
10. Beyelzu depends on the result of unorganized
11. plaridel hasn't posted enough
12. JB
13. BR
14. Reign no read
15. mac_philo hasn't posted enough
16. trillian seems town but is too good at the game for me to trust til she's properly cleared
17. th1nk3r
18. Joshua Adams hasn't posted enough
19. d0t no read
20. Skeptic Tank seems town but is too good at the game for me to trust til he's properly cleared
21. Spenser

This sucks.

LuisGarcia
15 Jul 08, 03:00:31 PM
Suggests people do this ^^ too so we can see what you're thinking and whether we get any patterns

sonofsyd
15 Jul 08, 03:03:45 PM
ooh but that's effort :retard:

LuisGarcia
15 Jul 08, 03:10:34 PM
ooh but that's effort :retard:

9. sonofsyd being lazy and not wanting to share his thinking.:lucyfahfahfahfahfa:

sonofsyd
15 Jul 08, 03:17:11 PM
Actually I think we should stick with gut instinct. After all, isn't that what mafia is about? Go with the flow.

LuisGarcia
15 Jul 08, 03:18:21 PM
Actually I think we should stick with gut instinct. After all, isn't that what mafia is about? Go with the flow.

Are you trying to climb on to my scumdar?

mrickaby
15 Jul 08, 03:18:35 PM
I don't have much to add to your list LG, a lot of what i have is similar to yours. Most of the people there is either not enough to go by, or just haven't swung me one way or the other. There is a shot that bey is scum if that is how Unorganized comes out, and I am still a little suspicious of PD, if maybe more because I am not letting go of my earlier suspicions. ST is a little curious to me too, I am not sure why at this point, he almost seems a little too smooth.

LuisGarcia
15 Jul 08, 03:19:54 PM
ST is a little curious to me too, I am not sure why at this point, he almost seems a little too smooth.

Interesting. You're not the first to say this to me.

sonofsyd
15 Jul 08, 03:22:27 PM

Are you trying to climb on to my scumdar?

Well, I was disappointed that I didn't get a mention.

ELV
15 Jul 08, 04:01:22 PM
Nightfall

Unorganized gets lynched. You search him but you find no indication that he was ever disloyal to the mob. He was a regular mob thug.