PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos vs Corleones - Day 6

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 08:41:52 AM
I'll cut the flavor fluff cuz the night moves were late: ELV and cockrell are gone.

You have little over 10 hours to make a public lynch vote and a private mayor vote.

2. Tenuous
6. Bart Rob
7. jacey
11. jamesbannon
14. Bradshaw
16. Reign_Cryogen
21. Black Badger
23. pogo

Tenuous
3 Jul 08, 09:16:15 AM
Who was the deputy mayor? Do we get a vote count from yesterday, would be good to confirm absolutely that PD was a don if there was no 0.5 in the total.

My current main suspicion is on jamesbannon who seemed to be supporting both Plaridel and PD, however it's all a bit of a crap shoot at this stage since we're otherwise left with people who've basically not taken any positions and thus aren't readable.

vote jamesbannon

Pending any more info or theories coming up.

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 09:27:07 AM
Oh shit. Yeah, I didn't think about that with Matt going down.

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 09:49:13 AM
Y'know, most of the remaining players have basically been silent.

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 10:29:59 AM
vote Black Badger

Remember yesterday's vote count? I still say that Vito Corleone is still alive. I know people think I'm dumb, but the hit on Adam doesn't feel right.

Oh, and I'll be voting for the only person I trust for mayor - me!

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 11:00:25 AM
What about the vote count?

We're down to single-page day threads here. Cough up the intel.

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 12:00:51 PM
well, if only 3 people out of 8 still want to play, i say we should just give up... and ban the silent ones from future setups.

ELV
3 Jul 08, 12:06:42 PM
[/dead]I don't know why we still let bradshaw play, he has done this for a while now. [dead]

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 12:12:09 PM
well, if only 3 people out of 8 still want to play, i say we should just give up... and ban the silent ones from future setups.

There isn't much point in continuing. I don't know what's happened with my team mate, but he hasn't been around for days. Hasn't even logged in or viewed the thread. Maybe has has an excuse, I don't know.

ETA: I am Christopher Moltisanti - Soprano Lieutenant and was the front man in this game, communicating & arranging the hits. I did all the communication with Plaridel arranging her blocks. Obviously, I can't reveal the live member of the family, I'll let th1nk3r do that when he closes the game down, but I can say that Pavlov's Dog (RIP) was our Don. Sonofsyd was also a family member.

It's kind of sad really, as it was a good game. Thanks th1nk3r. I'll be playing in the next one.

Oh yeah, a little tip: Either the claimed backup cop is false, or ELV was lying. Dons should not read as evil. That was why we hit ELV last night. We don't know who off'ed Bey. We were keeping him alive to feed info to the town as that suited our strategy best.

Although I enjoy PM games the most, I would like to see more player invlvement in the day threads in future.

Tenuous
3 Jul 08, 12:19:41 PM
*does a little 'scumdar working' dance*

So I guess Pogo is the other mafioso? Let's lynch JB, godkill the vacant, and get this over with!

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 12:26:06 PM
So, I guess this game is over.

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 12:32:07 PM
Not much point in continuing PD, with the lack of involvement. If there was more activity, I would have kept going until the end. Sorry man.

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 12:38:25 PM
unvote; vote jamesbannon

There, game over if th1nk3r god kills the silent players.

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 12:41:18 PM
i'm not gonna bother to godkill anyone, the game was over the second you said "teammate".

halii
3 Jul 08, 12:43:34 PM
serious post: ban jb from the games forum.

:retard:

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 12:44:25 PM
What was the point, th1nk3r? The game was dead with none of the other players involving themselves. Oh, and I'm not having a hissy fit. I enjoyed the game. I thought the set-up was good and you kept us guessing.

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 12:52:13 PM
i wasn't holding it against you, you're right that the game was over anyway, i wast just curious to see what everyone would have said before the decision was final.

anyway, the game was doomed from the start me thinks, i had a shitload of surprises for this setup and they all worked out badly... whores falling in love with the millionaire, plagued villagers that kill specials that target them, insane specials that could be cured by the psychiatrist... somehow none of this ever came through.

Bartholomew Roberts
3 Jul 08, 12:52:34 PM
god I hope we get to see another mafia meltdown

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 12:53:21 PM

that one episode almost made it worth the effort... it's funny seeing grown men cry :D

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 12:53:37 PM
i wasn't holding it against you, you're right that the game was over anyway, i wast just curious to see what everyone would have said before the decision was final.

anyway, the game was doomed from the start me thinks, i had a shitload of surprises for this setup and they all worked out badly... whores falling in love with the millionaire, plagued villagers that kill specials that target them, insane specials that could be cured by the psychiatrist... somehow none of this ever came through.

Well, that does sound dumb.

Can you give a breakdown?

the WORST elf
3 Jul 08, 12:54:25 PM
hey why didn't you losers lynch PD a long time ago? You're all failures.

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 01:00:08 PM

That was partly why I was the only one to communicate with Plaridel. If the worst came to the worst and she was turned, then she could only out me, leaving the other family members relatively well protected.

Adam
3 Jul 08, 01:00:51 PM
[dead man gloating]We had two of you Soprano clowns pegged on day 1.[/dead man gloating]

So, how about a little post-mortem? Who hit me and why? We figured I was more or less doomed by ELV's plan, which is why I did the night 1 hit instead of letting someoen else risk it.

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 01:01:26 PM

Well, that does sound dumb.

Can you give a breakdown?

the replacement cop was paranoid, that's why he read you and cockrell as scum... and spenser was the vig but could only act if targeted by another special... he was a vietnam vet and his PTSD made him crazy every time somebody snooped around his house. they could both be cured if trill targeted them. spenser also had a revenge kill feature, if killed at night he also killed his killer in a shootout, if voted for a lynch his last voter would be killed by his war mates, that's where the grenade on adam came from.

Luis could buy one vote, matt was voteless, and jacey's vote was autochanged to be the same as the first vote of the day - he was the extra vote on spenser on day 1. the fact that it incriminated adam was totally random, could have been anyone else.

If the whores blocked luis they fell in love and became townies...

bart rob was plagued, if someone targeted him he would get sick and be silenced the following day, then would die the following night. with no talking at night, unless the special told someone else who he was targeting, nobody would have known what happened...

bey had a difficult role as the crooked reporter, in the end tenuous killed him, prolly cuz bey never lied in his reports and they didn't know he wasn't legit.

that's about it i think...

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 01:02:15 PM

Nah, not from me. I'm not such a sore loser.

BTW th1nk3r, what was Tears' role anyway? I didn't buy his prostitute bit.

Adam
3 Jul 08, 01:03:27 PM
Tears was our whore. Th1nk3r told us not to trust him completely, though (because of the millionaire thing?), so only I contacted him.

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 01:05:41 PM

Nah, not from me. I'm not such a sore loser.

BTW th1nk3r, what was Tears' role anyway? I didn't buy his prostitute bit.

it was totally true, except he added in that AIDS part.

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 01:06:36 PM
[dead man gloating]We had two of you Soprano clowns pegged on day 1.[/dead man gloating]

So, how about a little post-mortem? Who hit me and why? We figured I was more or less doomed by ELV's plan, which is why I did the night 1 hit instead of letting someoen else risk it.

Hey, if you had us pegged, how come more of us survived? :finger:

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 01:07:21 PM

you were tied 2 vs 2 on day 6 :retard:

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 01:08:03 PM
Tears was our whore. Th1nk3r told us not to trust him completely, though (because of the millionaire thing?), so only I contacted him.

So, you were the Don? How come you blew yourself up when you tried to off sonofsyd?

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 01:08:18 PM
What was Megatron, what was ELV, what was Skeptic Tank?

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 01:09:02 PM
So, you were the Don? How come you blew yourself up when you tried to off sonofsyd?

i edited that bit of info in, go read the last post on page 1.

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 01:09:39 PM

you were tied 2 vs 2 on day 6 :retard:

Dammit! I knew we should have hit Tenuous earlier :retard:

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 01:10:47 PM
What was Megatron, what was ELV, what was Skeptic Tank?

scum, villager, miller.

http://i31.tinypic.com/dy53ld.jpg

Adam
3 Jul 08, 01:11:08 PM
I don't know why I blew up. I was hoping someone would tell me now that the game's done.

Edit: Ah, OK, I see th1nk3r's edit.

sonofsyd
3 Jul 08, 01:11:59 PM
I guess I was pegged then? :blushing:

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 01:12:43 PM
I don't know why I blew up. I was hoping someone would tell me now that the game's done.

post #24

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 01:14:04 PM
Did Plaridel get turned by Luis?

Adam
3 Jul 08, 01:15:19 PM

You and PD. Why the hell did it take the town so long to lynch PD? He may as well have changed his user title to "HAI GUYZ I IZ SCUM K?"

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 01:15:23 PM

luis was killed right away, the whores didn't have time to get him. on night 1 plaridel targeted trill.

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 01:16:25 PM

luis was killed right away, the whores didn't have time to get him. on night 1 plaridel targeted trill.

Then why did she lie, or Skeptic Tank and ELV lie?

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 01:17:48 PM
lie about what?

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 01:18:39 PM

You and PD. Why the hell did it take the town so long to lynch PD? He may as well have changed his user title to "HAI GUYZ I IZ SCUM K?"

They only lynched me because they were fooled into it. They really had no reason to lynch me before that. I would have kept going if Black Badger wouldn't have been paranoid.. In fact, I would have been in great shape. I tried to get the cop to fucking view me from day one.

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 01:21:16 PM
lie about what?

Well Plaridel said she talked to ELV about what to do about Megatron. ELV confirmed this. Then all of a sudden ST says that she only agreed to reveal what she knows if she was given protection. Then ELV pipes in with, "Oh yeah, she did blackmail us for protection, I forgot." Plaridel tells us that she didn't do that. Somebody was lying, and the way it came out between ST and ELV sure made it look like it was them.

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 01:23:55 PM
i have no idea how it went down in their private conversations... i'm rather curious about that myself.

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 01:24:40 PM

Yeah, we arranged that & then killed Trillian on night 2. That was why no-one was recruited or cured.

the WORST elf
3 Jul 08, 01:24:51 PM

They only lynched me because they were fooled into it. They really had no reason to lynch me before that. I would have kept going if Black Badger wouldn't have been paranoid.. In fact, I would have been in great shape. I tried to get the cop to fucking view me from day one.

they had plenty reason to lynch you, they are just retards.

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 01:25:30 PM
i have no idea how it went down in their private conversations... i'm rather curious about that myself.

That threw our team off. It was at that point that we thought either ST or ELV had to be scum.

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 01:26:04 PM

What reason did they have? There was always a better candidate. They sure as hell should have viewed me earlier.

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 01:26:36 PM

How did you peg Sonofsyd? He didn't do anything on day 1 that was immediately suspicious and he isn't among "the usual suspects".

BTW: Did anyone have me pegged early?

Adam
3 Jul 08, 01:29:22 PM
I suspected you, but only because you were so insistent that I wasn't a Don, it looked like some kind of smokescreen to me.

halii
3 Jul 08, 01:30:18 PM

What reason did they have? being PD is a scum tell.

the WORST elf
3 Jul 08, 01:31:33 PM

What reason did they have? There was always a better candidate. They sure as hell should have viewed me earlier.

Because you were as scummy as the day is long.

People are forgetting how to play real mafia, if they ever knew how, and are relying way too much on views and "facts."

the WORST elf
3 Jul 08, 01:33:00 PM

How did you peg Sonofsyd? He didn't do anything on day 1 that was immediately suspicious and he isn't among "the usual suspects".

if our vigilante hadn't died on day 1, i'm pretty sure both you and PD would've gone right away.

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 01:34:50 PM

People are forgetting how to play real mafia, if they ever knew how, and are relying way too much on views and "facts."

So, you want them to ignore views and facts and vote based on damian's hunches? They should have lynched me instead of Tear's who admitted evil, instead of Plaridel who flat out lied about your death, instead of ST who was viewed as evil?

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 01:34:51 PM
I suspected you, but only because you were so insistent that I wasn't a Don, it looked like some kind of smokescreen to me.

Yeah, that one niggled at me. I couldn't figure out: a) why you were blown up; b) why would a don be talking to the team prostitute; and c) why would a don go on a hit anyway? Dons give orders, the last thing they do is expose themselves to danger; that's what soldiers are for.

sonofsyd
3 Jul 08, 01:37:31 PM

I must have been scummiest of the lot of you as it seems I was no. 1 target. Bad luck on the grenade thing BTW, Adam.

the WORST elf
3 Jul 08, 01:37:39 PM

So, you want them to ignore views and facts and vote based on damian's hunches? They should have lynched me instead of Tear's who admitted evil, instead of Plaridel who flat out lied about your death, instead of ST who was viewed as evil?

not ignore facts and views, but to pay attention to the game and maybe act like it's not their first time playing. if you have solid views and facts, great, but that's usually not the case. i mean congratulations for tricking a bunch of retards and all that.

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 01:40:46 PM
not ignore facts and views, but to pay attention to the game and maybe act like it's not their first time playing. if you have solid views and facts, great, but that's usually not the case. i mean congratulations for tricking a bunch of retards and all that.

They did have solid facts and views on their lynches. Tears, Plaridel, and ST were all lock solid picks. And were all evil, or at least viewed as evil. I definitely think I should have been viewed and that was the point, but there is no way it would have been smart to lynch me over Tears, Plaridel, or ST.

the WORST elf
3 Jul 08, 01:41:33 PM

They did have solid facts and views on their lynches. Tears, Plaridel, and ST were all lock solid picks. And were all evil, or at least viewed as evil. I definitely think I should have been viewed and that was the point, but there is no way it would have been smart to lynch me over Tears, Plaridel, or ST.

it would have been very smart. Genius, even.

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 01:42:28 PM
Damian, according to you everyone is a retard, except you of course.

PD was, perhaps, a little more active than usual on day 1, but I didn't see anything to justify that amount of suspicion, other that is than being PD and one of "the usual suspects".

the WORST elf
3 Jul 08, 01:45:26 PM
PD is almost never one of the usual suspects.

And no, not everyone is a retard, just most of you. You are their king.

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 01:47:14 PM
He's certainly always near the top of my list if I'm playing against him, as are you.

Adam
3 Jul 08, 01:51:23 PM
JB, I wouldn't have been the one contacting Tears or going on hits, except we were pretty sure I was fucked on day 1 anyway, and that it was better to just go ahead and lose me than expose someone else.

PD, maybe it was just because we were scum too, and were viewing the posts similarly, but we had you pegged as scum, and possibly a Don, on day 1. You started out objecting to ELV's plan for poorly thought out reasons, and then shifted to being overeager to be told who to vote for.

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 01:54:41 PM
JB, I wouldn't have been the one contacting Tears or going on hits, except we were pretty sure I was fucked on day 1 anyway, and that it was better to just go ahead and lose me than expose someone else.

PD, maybe it was just because we were scum too, and were viewing the posts similarly, but we had you pegged as scum, and possibly a Don, on day 1. You started out objecting to ELV's plan for poorly thought out reasons, and then shifted to being overeager to be told who to vote for.

Ah right, with the vote thing. That was a danger to both our teams, since it would certainly have worked if the diebold machine hadn't messed with the votes.

sonofsyd
3 Jul 08, 01:59:51 PM
So you had PD pegged as possibly a Don on day 1 but chose to hit me first?

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 02:01:15 PM

What reason did they have? There was always a better candidate. They sure as hell should have viewed me earlier.You were pegged fairly early on, but there were timing issues.

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 02:02:54 PM
So you had PD pegged as possibly a Don on day 1 but chose to hit me first?Timing. Having our Don down early and the other Don active kept everyone really busy.

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 02:05:56 PM
Another setup thing i forgot to reveal, which the mafia teams were aware of: if the prostitute was the target of a night kill, her client would die too. So a team had to make sure the opponets' prostitute was hit when her target wasn't one of them. If the client was the target, such as it was the case with damian, the body would be found in her house, but the prostitute would find out the identity of the killer. The point was that one team could think the other would send their prostitute and avoid hitting a very obvious town special target

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 02:14:20 PM
I'm wondering if these long-roster games are just a bad idea in general. Seems a lot of people end up just cruising the whole time.

ELV
3 Jul 08, 02:18:07 PM
lie about what?

Well Plaridel said she talked to ELV about what to do about Megatron. ELV confirmed this. Then all of a sudden ST says that she only agreed to reveal what she knows if she was given protection. Then ELV pipes in with, "Oh yeah, she did blackmail us for protection, I forgot." Plaridel tells us that she didn't do that. Somebody was lying, and the way it came out between ST and ELV sure made it look like it was them.

None of us were lying.

Plaridel contacted me and said that she knew who killed Damian and that she would share the info in exchange for protection.

I wanted to keep my options open and I knew ST had the medkit and trusted him at the time so I told him about what Plaridel had told me. I told Plaridel that I'd "try to arrange protection" for her and that she should make her info public. I was waiting for her response when Megatron made his post not longer after I spoke to ST. At that point I told her that she definitely needed to make what she knew public and also asked her if she told anyone else what she told me.

The timing of Megatron's post made me suspicious of ST, that he may have warned Megatron about plaridel and I wanted to find out from plaridel if anyone else could have known about her. That was also the reason why I didn't tell the town the whole story about her until ST did, because although I was suspicious of her, I didn't want plaridel to know it before she answered my question. After ST posted, it was pointless but I had gotten my answer from her. ST was the only other one who knew about her but it turns out that it was just a coincidence (it seems) that Megatron posted when he did.

sonofsyd
3 Jul 08, 02:19:49 PM
So you had PD pegged as possibly a Don on day 1 but chose to hit me first?Timing. Having our Don down early and the other Don active kept everyone really busy.

I still don't get it. I was hit by Adam who, in turn, was hit by a grenade from Spenser's army pals. If you had PD pegged as a possible Don you could have traded a Don for a Don by having Adam hit PD.

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 02:20:53 PM
Yeah, but then we wouldn't have had everyone else hunting furiously, staring down vote counts while we pick them off at night. Besides, we didn't have him right away.

Megatron had some intel source that he didn't mention.

Adam
3 Jul 08, 02:34:33 PM
I seem to recall that we avoided hitting PD on night one at least partially because we figured he'd be an easy lynch. Guess we were wrong.

SkepticTank
3 Jul 08, 02:42:05 PM
The timing of Megatron's post made me suspicious of ST, that he may have warned Megatron about plaridel and I wanted to find out from plaridel if anyone else could have known about her.

And I totally trusted Megatron. I didn't like that Plaridel wanted protection in exchange for info, so I didn't trust her. When Megatron outed his info, it made sense. I also talked to him about protecting him and he was like "eh... my role isn't that important... I just got lucky with me view last night". Which made me trust him even more.

So I protected ELV, and passed the kit to him.

Also, I wasn't lying when I said I wasn't allowed to pass the kit back to ELV. I really would have preferred to protect Megatron at that point. I guess it was fortunate for the town that didn't happen.

ELV claimed he didn't have that restriction so we both suspected each other.

LG's rushed formatting on a PM to ELV also made ELV and I each think the other was lying. And of course me being the miller doomed me.

sonofsyd
3 Jul 08, 02:43:37 PM
Heh, hence damian's annoyance at PD not getting lynched. :retard:
Ok, thanks for that.

ETA @ Adam

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 02:47:45 PM
ELV claimed he didn't have that restriction so we both suspected each other.

LG's rushed formatting on a PM to ELV also made ELV and I each think the other was lying. And of course me being the miller doomed me.

the med kit passback wasn't supposed to be allowed at all, but at the last moment i decided i would let it slide on night 2 if necessary, since it was too early for a player to trust 2 more people besides the person which passed it to him on night 1.

ELV
3 Jul 08, 02:49:11 PM
thanks th1nk3r :retard:

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 02:49:39 PM
You started out objecting to ELV's plan for poorly thought out reasons, and then shifted to being overeager to be told who to vote for.

I never really objected to it, or committed to it. I was pretty sure it wasn't going to work from the beginning, because I knew thinker wouldn't let it, even if he hadn't already planned for it. If I wasn't scum, I would have definitely been much more outspoken against it.

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 02:52:56 PM
The timing of Megatron's post made me suspicious of ST, that he may have warned Megatron about plaridel and I wanted to find out from plaridel if anyone else could have known about her.

First, this quote is not mine.

I didn't like that Plaridel wanted protection in exchange for info, so I didn't trust her.

Seond, who told you that Plaridel wanted protection in exchange for info?

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 02:56:32 PM
Plaridel contacted me and said that she knew who killed Damian and that she would share the info in exchange for protection.

Then she was lying, because she told us that she didn't withhold info in exchange for protection. That is what screwed up my thinking. I thought ST and ELV were lying, and therefore scum.

the WORST elf
3 Jul 08, 03:06:20 PM
Ok, thanks for that.

ETA @ Adam

nope, i was town.

SkepticTank
3 Jul 08, 03:08:44 PM

+1

SkepticTank
3 Jul 08, 03:10:24 PM
First, this quote is not mine.

Sorry, I dunno what I did there. -- It was ELV, I fixed the quote in my post.

Seond, who told you that Plaridel wanted protection in exchange for info?

ELV. He explained above, that she did.

sonofsyd
3 Jul 08, 03:22:10 PM
Ok, thanks for that.

ETA @ Adam

nope, i was town.

Oh, yeah. :facepalm:

the WORST elf
3 Jul 08, 03:23:51 PM
You're right though, i was annoyed, but not for that reason.

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 03:26:46 PM
Just looking back over our correspondence.. we had JB, SoS, PD pegged pretty much from the get-go. Figured damian (as someone who could view others, at least) and mrickaby shortly thereafter.

And yeah, we kept thinking PD would get himself lynched sooner but the lynch and NK targets were more prevailing.

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 03:36:46 PM

+1

i aim to please :cool:

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 03:57:58 PM
Just looking back over our correspondence.. we had JB, SoS, PD pegged pretty much from the get-go. Figured damian (as someone who could view others, at least) and mrickaby shortly thereafter.

And yeah, we kept thinking PD would get himself lynched sooner but the lynch and NK targets were more prevailing.

That is simply not possible, unless you were looking at PM traffic. I didn't do anything on day 1 that would have aroused suspicion. I knew that defending Plaridel might cause suspicion, but it was so obvious Megatron was lying that I thought I might get away with that. I recall that I did slip up once when I said that the killer would be known to the prostitute as that fact wasn't generally known. I was surprised that apparently no-one noticed my mistake.

Megatron
3 Jul 08, 04:14:39 PM
I was Sonny Corleone. I quit giving a fuck after Tears decided to sell us out just because we wouldn't tell him who we all were (yeah, so if he got recruited or whatever, he could tell whoever recruited him)

After he basically gave his own win condition the finger just to fuck us over, I was ready to post everything I'd gathered and break the game, but I didn't want to fuck th1nk3r over like that with how much work he put into it.

I engineered the plaridel lynch because she saw me kill damian, and because it was an amusing way to get myself killed and at the very least make sure someone went down with me.

Megatron
3 Jul 08, 04:16:11 PM
...and yeah, we had the Sopranos pegged, it's even in our emails dating back to nearly the start of the game. PD was the first blatantly obvious one, then JB you may as well have started wearing a neon sign when you fought me on the plaridel lynch.

I can't remember who mentioned SoS

Megatron
3 Jul 08, 04:28:27 PM
Yeah, but then we wouldn't have had everyone else hunting furiously, staring down vote counts while we pick them off at night. Besides, we didn't have him right away.

Megatron had some intel source that he didn't mention.

No I didn't.

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 04:31:59 PM
Pretty sure it was Adam who mentioned SoS.

You were pretty specific about PD being Tony Soprano, so I figured you were successful at getting some info from ELV and just hadn't gotten around to mentioning it before you were killed.

the WORST elf
3 Jul 08, 04:33:10 PM
of course he was tony soprano, just look at his avatar!

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 04:34:43 PM
That is simply not possibleSure it is. I fingered you the first night.

the WORST elf
3 Jul 08, 04:35:19 PM
That is simply not possibleSure it is. I fingered you the first night.

his asshole, i bet.

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 04:46:34 PM
I like how he outplayed you and then some.

Black Badger
3 Jul 08, 05:27:41 PM
Bleh, it's over, eh? I ended up not posting much in this game because my real life schedule got a lot busier. I just started a new job that almost perfectly overlays the mafia daytime hours, especially once we got down to 1-day days.

But I love it that PD, was scum who was supposed to read as good, but got lynched on the strength of my paranoid view of him. :laugh:

And of course: thanks for the game, thinker!

But seriously...I was paranoid? Jesus, thinker, in a game in which all the information of interest was controlled by (potentially scummy) players, adding in an extra fuck-you by making some information unreliable to even the player who's harvesting it? I think that's a bit much. It's tough enough already trying to find a grain of truth or a person to trust in this setup.

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 05:32:15 PM
But seriously...I was paranoid? Jesus, thinker, in a game in which all the information of interest was controlled by (potentially scummy) players, adding in an extra fuck-you by making some information unreliable to even the player who's harvesting it? I think that's a bit much. It's tough enough already trying to find a grain of truth or a person to trust in this setup.

that is exactly the point... it should be scumdars above all else, information is never reliable. i even made a game where everybody was a seer about it. damian is right, people are forgetting how to play the game.

Black Badger
3 Jul 08, 05:36:43 PM

that is exactly the point... it should be scumdars above all else, information is never reliable. i even made a game where everybody was a seer about it. damian is right, people are forgetting how to play the game.

I suppose. I'm a little bitter at my own circumstances, simply because the way it worked out for me I didn't have time to really analyze the thread and participate fully.:angry: I had to pretty much base my play around trying to quickly identify trustworthy information sources.

But you're right, that's really not the point of the game.

Black Badger
3 Jul 08, 05:41:38 PM
All these games full of crazy roles — you know when it gets to the point where nearly everybody has a power but not even the people using their powers can trust the results, it seems like you might almost as well cut to the chase and play with no power roles at all.

Just thinking out loud, btw, not intended to be a pointed statement.

Tenuous
3 Jul 08, 05:42:59 PM
As Reign says, we had the Sops pegged pretty early on, PD was the most obvious it was just more useful to keep him and his half extra vote around than to waste a NK on him. Had to strike a balance to stop the town focusing on us, so we left the clearer targets like PD and JB till later as they would be much easier to organise a lynch on. Mainly it was the town we were worried about, we hit mrickaby and the reporters (we did think Bey was a Sop ally), and Cockrell we suspected as the deputy.

As for Tears, that was typical of him, and exactly why we didn't bring him fully in even without the need for the extra warning.

Thanks for the game th1nk3r, sorry it had a bit of a limp ending with all the non-participants, but it rocked up till then :)

Pavlov's Dog
3 Jul 08, 05:46:32 PM
Our plan was to take out all the Corleone family first. Tenuous was going to be the next hit. So, if they would have got JB lynched, then it would be Reign v. pogo. What fucking screwed us is we didn't think there were any more Corleones after Tenuous, because we assumed that ST and/or ELV had to be scum, because our fucking prostitute lied to us for some reason.

th1nk3r
3 Jul 08, 05:48:08 PM
All these games full of crazy roles you know when it gets to the point where nearly everybody has a power but not even the people using their powers can trust the results, it seems like you might almost as well cut to the chase and play with no power roles at all.

that's exactly my thinking... part 1 is to give the town a shitload of useless specials to keep them interrested and entertained. part 2, which almost never happens, is when they realise specials should be secondary to gameplay anyway and ignore them altogether.

Black Badger
3 Jul 08, 05:53:17 PM
Who was the deputy mayor? Do we get a vote count from yesterday, would be good to confirm absolutely that PD was a don if there was no 0.5 in the total.

ELV had appointed me the vice mayor before he died, but that gave me no vote count. I guess all it was good for was to break a tie on the next mayor vote, if the game had continued.

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 05:56:31 PM
Well, it's an evolution of things. The first few games (The Street era) here ended up being big vagoo-fests built on Spenser's coalition building until the scum learned to kill him straight away.

Which is also when the Tears-for-mayor thing started.

It got really formulaic really quickly, built on the power of the mortician and the seer. Obviously it's come a long way in terms of toning that power down.

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 05:59:38 PM
To his credit, Spenser's D&D game with almost everyone reading Evil worked really well for those who were overly dependent on Seer reads for intel.

But th1nk3r (paraphrasing damian?) is right about people forgetting how to play. The fact that JB doesn't understand how I knew is a good example of this.

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 06:38:22 PM
To his credit, Spenser's D&D game with almost everyone reading Evil worked really well for those who were overly dependent on Seer reads for intel.

But th1nk3r (paraphrasing damian?) is right about people forgetting how to play. The fact that JB doesn't understand how I knew is a good example of this.

Enlighten me please. It is impossible for you to have fos'ed me on day 1, I don't care what anyone says. It was possible to fos me for defending Plaridel, that is true (although next time I defend a team mate, please don't accuse me of being a weirdo - that really pissed me off). Apart from that, I played my normal game. I wasn't any quieter than usual, nor was I any different in most other respects. I like to get involved & play the game, if that makes me looks like scum, so be it.

plaridel
3 Jul 08, 06:50:19 PM
ST said in the game thread that I didn't even tell them what kind of information I had and ELV agreed, when I specifically told ELV that the information I had was who damian's killer was. That's what I meant when I said ELV lied.

Megatron:whyyou:

Sorry Sopranos. I caused our team to lose.:crying:

jamesbannon
3 Jul 08, 06:53:49 PM
ST said in the game thread that I didn't even tell them what kind of information I had and ELV agreed, when I specifically told ELV that the information I had was who damian's killer was. That's what I meant when I said ELV lied.

Bollocks! If we lose, we lose as a team and no-one is to "blame". It's only a game.

ELV
3 Jul 08, 07:49:13 PM

Bollocks! If we lose, we lose as a team and no-one is to "blame". It's only a game.

http://static.flickr.com/72/176417247_b9f01d94c4.jpg

eta: I think I messed it up :owned:

Adam
3 Jul 08, 08:41:37 PM
Sorry, JB, I just checked my email, and we had you, SoS, and PD identified as our top 3 suspects on June 25 (last Wednesday, aka Day 1).

Reign_Cryogen
3 Jul 08, 09:00:48 PM

Enlighten me please. It is impossible for you to have fos'ed me on day 1, I don't care what anyone says. It was possible to fos me for defending Plaridel, that is true (although next time I defend a team mate, please don't accuse me of being a weirdo - that really pissed me off). Apart from that, I played my normal game. I wasn't any quieter than usual, nor was I any different in most other respects. I like to get involved & play the game, if that makes me looks like scum, so be it.Hey, man. I'm not accusing you of doing anything wrong, per se. The point is that properly calibrated scumdar is far more accurate than more prosiac data gathering ie specials.

Megatron
4 Jul 08, 03:18:56 AM
Pretty sure it was Adam who mentioned SoS.

You were pretty specific about PD being Tony Soprano, so I figured you were successful at getting some info from ELV and just hadn't gotten around to mentioning it before you were killed.

You mean it wasn't obvious?

Megatron
4 Jul 08, 03:26:49 AM
Our plan was to take out all the Corleone family first. Tenuous was going to be the next hit. So, if they would have got JB lynched, then it would be Reign v. pogo. What fucking screwed us is we didn't think there were any more Corleones after Tenuous, because we assumed that ST and/or ELV had to be scum, because our fucking prostitute lied to us for some reason.

We figured out who you guys were so early on that we figured it was obvious... maybe it was just because we were scum (I never had a damn clue on pogo though)

We figured you were going to get yourselves lynched, so we were mostly focusing on hitting pro-town power roles.

At least, that was the mentality when I was playing. We had thrown around several times trying to get you and JB lynched, and hitting others at night (i.e. mrickaby, damian, etc)

SkepticTank
4 Jul 08, 04:00:03 AM
ST said in the game thread that I didn't even tell them what kind of information I had and ELV agreed.

I don't remember what I said in the game, but here's my conversation with ELV (this was spread out over Fri & Sat):

ELV: plaridel wants to trade protection for the identity of the person who killed damian. she saw who it was apparently, it makes sense since he was outside her house.

ST: sounds skeevy. If she knows who it was, she should share that without demanding something in return (if she's town).

ELV: I thought that too. I figured that she might be prepared to do so but wants to get protection if she can first. I want to hear what she has to say in light of megatron's info. i told her she should make her info public and that i'll try to arrange protection for her. whether you protect her or not will still depend on what we find out before nightfall.

SkepticTank
4 Jul 08, 04:06:32 AM
and in thread:

I can confirm that plaridel did contact me before all this happened telling me that she saw who killed Damian and asked for protection and advice.

Isn't it true that she didn't tell you what she knew, but offered her information in exchange for protection? Not a very pro-town play.

LuisGarcia
4 Jul 08, 04:11:50 AM
Just for the sake of clarity, I sent this to ST shortly after he died.

Let me try this again, changing just the formatting to try to make it read more like it was written...

I can't see that you could be scum and still come up with this plan, so...

I have info town needs to know.

I've told this to Spenser and ST and you. "If any of you get cabals going get me in"...

meanwhile if I die you know who I've told

In my defence it was all trying to rush through before nightfall, and would only be a problem if Spenser and I both died that night and you were the miller.

Owait

I've never cocked up mafia through poor punctuation before. Sorry about that everyone.

Black Badger
4 Jul 08, 11:58:02 AM
Looking back on this game it gets more and more amusing. The cops were comically useless.

mrickaby viewed ST evil and we lynched him (though he was the miller), he viewed beyelzu good (though he was crooked) and he viewed ELV good (only accurate one in the bunch). Then I took over and got PD lynched on the strength of a view that was actually meaningless, which ironically was really the only good thing we cops accomplished.

Tenuous
4 Jul 08, 12:17:33 PM
Looking back on this game it gets more and more amusing. The cops were comically useless.

mrickaby viewed ST evil and we lynched him (though he was the miller), he viewed beyelzu good (though he was crooked) and he viewed ELV good (only accurate one in the bunch). Then I took over and got PD lynched on the strength of a view that was actually meaningless, which ironically was really the only good thing we cops accomplished.

I really do hope that PD was going to get lynched view or not tbh, it was so obvious he was the don at that point that I was surprised the town even bothered to view him.

Black Badger
4 Jul 08, 12:25:28 PM
I dunno, the thread had really slowed to a crawl. The view made it easy to lynch him.

From my perspective, anyway. Like I was saying earlier, I hardly had time this game to pay much attention.

beyelzu
4 Jul 08, 12:28:19 PM
why didn't the mafia contact me after i outed the first cop that contacted me, I was as evil as evil can be. and then you bastards killed me.

Pavlov's Dog
4 Jul 08, 12:34:11 PM
why didn't the mafia contact me after i outed the first cop that contacted me, I was as evil as evil can be. and then you bastards killed me.

I explained this to you. We knew you were not a Soprano, so we figured that you had to be a Corleone (or just a dumbass). I am guessing they knew you were not a Corleone, so they guessed you were a Soprano (or just a dumbass). With two scum factions, there is no reason to assume that you were on our team or both teams.

beyelzu
4 Jul 08, 12:42:01 PM
Yeah but the interplay in thread between me and skeptic tank made it obvious that I was searching for scum.

I know that I used a dumbass excuse but still. My plans are sometimes wild but I don't think they are ever just stupid.

:)

Pd, how did you take my repeated pms to you accusing you as scum, but I never said shit in thread against you?

beyelzu
4 Jul 08, 12:43:58 PM
Th1nk3r,

Great game setup, I really enjoying it and my role, trying to get trust and betray the town at the same time was alot of fun.

I was still trying to find a way to out black badger.

mrickaby
4 Jul 08, 03:09:06 PM
Good game thinker. Sorry that I wasn't available night 2 to keep me and the town alive.

Tenuous
4 Jul 08, 04:25:21 PM
Oh, and my connection really was a big pile of arse. Would get about 10 seconds of uptime followed by a minute or two to get it reconnected. Made trawling through previous pages in the thread a right PITA.

jamesbannon
4 Jul 08, 05:44:33 PM
Sorry, JB, I just checked my email, and we had you, SoS, and PD identified as our top 3 suspects on June 25 (last Wednesday, aka Day 1).
I still don't get it at all. I did almost nothing on day 1 as is my usual. You must have been guessing. Anyway, it's something I have to watch out for, whatever the hell it is.