PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos vs Corleones - Day 3

th1nk3r
26 Jun 08, 11:45:17 PM
A storm wakes you all up in the morning, and as you head for town hall it feels like this will be a very long day. trillian is found shot dead in her own bed. damian's face has disappeared, he lies in a pool of blood on plaridel's front steps.

Today, the only paper that has some news regarding the mafia war seems to be the Post:

Mafia boss confirmed dead

Our sources confirm that the body found in sonofsyd's house was that of an important man. Adam was Vito Corleone, the highest ranking mafioso in his family. Dependable sources report that a gun was found in the room along with the corpses of Adam and sonofsyd, still unused at the time of the explosion. Yesterday, the town moved one step closer to victory. An anonymous phone call to our office claimed that Adam was the target of a revenge hit because he voted for Spenser and that the other victim was simply "collateral damage". We leave it up to our readers to judge the reliability of this final claim.

1. SkepticTank
2. Tenuous
3. Pavlov's Dog
4. Tears In The Rain
5. ELV
6. Bart Rob
7. jacey
8. Adam
9. Spenser
10. Megatron
11. jamesbannon
12. beyelzu
13. cockrell
14. Bradshaw
15. plaridel
16. Reign_Cryogen
17. Luis
18. mrickaby
19. sonofsyd
20. damian
21. Black Badger
22. trillian
23. pogo
24. Matt

Deadline is Sunday at the usual 6 PM Eastern.

I'll be leaving in 2-3 hours, so have a nice weekend and see you on Sunday night.

ELV
26 Jun 08, 11:46:59 PM
1st

ELV
26 Jun 08, 11:48:37 PM
Also, I am the Mayor.

ELV
26 Jun 08, 11:50:16 PM
Also, I hope this means that that evil reporter bit the bullet, possibly Damian.

pogo
27 Jun 08, 04:21:33 AM
How do you come to this conclusion? There is no a priori reason to believe that the report we have today is truthful (and not rather what we want to hear)?
Additionally, how do we judge the connection between plaridel and damian?

jamesbannon
27 Jun 08, 05:48:42 AM
Yep. I'm with Pogo on this one. If the reporter is on the Corleone family payroll, they may just want to divert attention away from the real boss.

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 05:50:29 AM
Plaridel killed him?

plaridel
27 Jun 08, 05:56:22 AM
Plaridel killed him?

I had nothing to do with that.:colbert:

mrickaby
27 Jun 08, 06:09:08 AM
Huh, so no godkill yesterday. Sorry I wasn't around for it, but reading back through it seems pretty uneventful.

Does being mayor make the person corruptible by one of the families maybe? This would fit the idea of the game, at least with the Corleones, I don't know the Sopranos that well.

Matt
27 Jun 08, 06:11:14 AM
Also, I am the Mayor.

I thought I was Tear's replacement?

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 06:17:11 AM
Also, I am the Mayor.

I don't suppose you got the official vote count?

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 06:24:58 AM
Plaridel killed him?

I had nothing to do with that.:colbert:

Any idea why he was found on your front steps?

Megatron
27 Jun 08, 07:00:34 AM
So ELV is mayor? surprise surprise...

Matt
27 Jun 08, 07:13:04 AM
From Day 1:

The mayor is asked to name his right-hand which will break an evetual tie in the new elections, should the current mayor suffer an unfortunate accident.

The mayor is asked to name his right-hand which will break an evetual tie in the new elections, should the current mayor suffer an unfortunate accident.

I choose Matt.

I don't speak Italian, but it seems obvious that that was "lynch the quiet ones."

vote Spenser x2 for "I don't know what's going on."

So how is ELV mayor?

jamesbannon
27 Jun 08, 07:15:10 AM
You're role as right-hand man was to break the tie in new mayoral elections, nothing more.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 07:23:57 AM
How do you come to this conclusion? There is no a priori reason to believe that the report we have today is truthful (and not rather what we want to hear)?

There were two newspapers yesterday, the one that said lol yesterday isn't here today.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 07:29:26 AM
vote black badger

I just want to get the day moving, his actions yesterday still seem suspicious as hell to me, he was a quiet, only responded to my post accusing him and did nothing to try to help the town.

Reign_Cryogen
27 Jun 08, 07:47:41 AM
Plaridel killed him?

I had nothing to do with that.:colbert:"Of course you didn't. But find out who did. By tomorrow. Noon."

mrickaby
27 Jun 08, 08:01:38 AM

There were two newspapers yesterday, the one that said lol yesterday isn't here today.

There is nothing to say that both of the newspapers aren't crooked, though.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 08:02:02 AM

damian claimed to me yesterday that he was a reporter. I don't see any good reason to keep that info hidden.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 08:03:24 AM
He also said his original submission was something like "LOL Spenser always dies the first night", but Th1nk3r edited it to "LOL".

He didn't want it outed that our vig was dead but the other reporter did. He's suspicious of the other reporter.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 08:10:14 AM
Hmm.. If we can take the reporter's word...

Adam was Vito Corleone, the highest ranking mafioso in his family. Dependable sources report that a gun was found in the room along with the corpses of Adam and sonofsyd, still unused at the time of the explosion. Yesterday, the town moved one step closer to victory. An anonymous phone call to our office claimed that Adam was the target of a revenge hit because he voted for Spenser and that the other victim was simply "collateral damage". We leave it up to our readers to judge the reliability of this final claim.

Adam/Vito went to kill sonofsyd, but somebody with explosives followed Adam, killed him and SoS was taken out too.

Either that, or the reporter was on Tears' team and is lying to back up Tears' lie.

Anyone know the significance of damian's face "disapearing"? I'm not real familiar with the Godfather movies.

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 08:12:35 AM
Anyone know the significance of damian's face "disapearing"? I'm not real familiar with the Godfather movies.

I am thinking crazy serial killer type.

Reign_Cryogen
27 Jun 08, 08:28:42 AM

I am thinking crazy serial killer type.It is also in keeping with mafia trigger men to make their kills nasty for scare purposes.

I don't know if that's the case here. Just sayin'.

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 08:30:41 AM

I am thinking crazy serial killer type.It is also in keeping with mafia trigger men to make their kills nasty for scare purposes.

Yeah, but why did they take the face? I am thinking it was some Silence of the Lambs type shit.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 08:36:09 AM
He also said his original submission was something like "LOL Spenser always dies the first night", but Th1nk3r edited it to "LOL".

He didn't want it outed that our vig was dead but the other reporter did. He's suspicious of the other reporter.
I would be suspicious of anyone who would rather keep the town in the dark, however he is dead now. As a corollary, I think that getting info to the town is always best in general.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 08:37:38 AM
I assumed his face was blown off. Hmm.

Reign_Cryogen
27 Jun 08, 08:52:57 AM

Yeah, but why did they take the face? I am thinking it was some Silence of the Lambs type shit.So lynch the guy with the inside-out face? BRILLIANT!

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 08:54:05 AM
It is also in keeping with mafia trigger men to make their kills nasty for scare purposes.

Yeah, but why did they take the face? I am thinking it was some Silence of the Lambs type shit.So lynch the guy with the inside-out face? BRILLIANT!

That is what I am saying. If some guy comes in here today kind of looking like damian, then we lynch him.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 08:54:11 AM
Fuck it. Might as well share other stuff I got from Damian yesterday, and if it makes me a target, so be it:

Jacey implied to damian that Bey was the other reporter. And damian claimed to be town, so that means Bey is likely scum ("not all reporters will be aligned with the town" or something like that is in Th1nk3r's description of the role). Also damian was publicly wanting to lynch PD yesterday, then ended up dead last night. PD is now trying to make the town think that the hit on damian was a SK. Is he trying to draw attention away from it possibly being a mafia hit?

You decide.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 08:58:43 AM
I am thinking it was some Silence of the Lambs type shit.

Makes me think of Face/Off. Someone stole his face to pose as him later...

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 09:07:01 AM
Fuck it. Might as well share other stuff I got from Damian yesterday, and if it makes me a target, so be it:

Jacey implied to damian that Bey was the other reporter. And damian claimed to be town, so that means Bey is likely scum ("not all reporters will be aligned with the town" or something like that is in Th1nk3r's description of the role). Also damian was publicly wanting to lynch PD yesterday, then ended up dead last night. PD is now trying to make the town think that the hit on damian was a SK. Is he trying to draw attention away from it possibly being a mafia hit?

You decide.

Seriously, I am not the greatest mafia player in the world, but there is no way I would want to put a hit on damian after he FOSed me yesterday. I was in no danger. Nobody was backing damian's accusations against me. I was not worried about him at all. Also, I am not trying to make the town think anything. I am offering my opinion as a possible explanation.

Anyway, I think plaridel has some some explaining to do.

Reign_Cryogen
27 Jun 08, 09:17:59 AM
That seems like a bit of a stretch, ST.

ELV
27 Jun 08, 09:31:29 AM
I agree. I find it more likely that Damian was the evil one. I would expect an anonymous reporter to withhold information if he is evil, and one to disclose it if he is good. If Bey is the reporter for the Post, I'd think it's more likely he is a good guy than not. And TBH, I don't think it was a good idea to make it public that he is the reporter.

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 09:33:11 AM
Bey might not be the reporter. This is coming from ST, who got it from damian, who got it from Jacey, who got it from bey. There are a lot of opportunities to lie in that chain.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 09:46:44 AM
there is no way I would want to put a hit on damian after he FOSed me yesterday. I was in no danger. Nobody was backing damian's accusations against me.

You weren't in danger cuz Tears was the obvious target.

Also, Tears backed damian's accusation (of course he also FOS me, ELV and Trillian, so who knows since he was mid-meltdown).

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 09:51:51 AM
there is no way I would want to put a hit on damian after he FOSed me yesterday. I was in no danger. Nobody was backing damian's accusations against me.

You weren't in danger cuz Tears was the obvious target.

Also, Tears backed damian's accusation (of course he also FOS me, ELV and Trillian, so who knows since he was mid-meltdown).

Tears also changed his mind, and nobody was backing damian against me long before Tears became the obvious target.

Reign_Cryogen
27 Jun 08, 09:52:06 AM
Yeah, I'm not putting too much stock into what TITS had to say. And I'm not so sure about damian being scum. I'm definitely not sure that PD isn't scum, to be fair.

Waiting on plaridel for the moment.

Reign_Cryogen
27 Jun 08, 09:53:10 AM
And this post hoc shit about Adam bugs me.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 09:55:04 AM
That seems like a bit of a stretch, ST.

What, specifically, is a bit of a stretch? That PD is scum and his team offed
damian to quiet him?

And TBH, I don't think it was a good idea to make it public that he is the reporter.

Irony:

As a corollary, I think that getting info to the town is always best in general.

If he's the scum reporter than it's good info.

We have a huge wifom:
A) Damian was scum and everything he told me yesterday was a lie
B) Damian was good, and PD and Bey are likely scum

We'll never know the answer cuz our reporter is accused scum, and can make up anything he wants about the bodies as they pile up.

So why was damian's body found in front of Plaridel's house?

Was he out working on a story?
Did he get the gun that our reporter says was found at SoS's house on night 1?
Was he killed and his body dumped just to make Plaridel look suspicious?

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 10:02:49 AM
ELV,

I don't suppose you got the official vote count?

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 10:07:25 AM
Why did damian do the LOL, post as a reporter? Did he tell you that ST? Because if the LOL post was by an anti-town reporter, then it is likely the other reporter is pro town.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 10:20:16 AM
I said it earlier.

He claims that his original story was "LOL, Spenser always dies the first night", but Th1nk3r edited that down to "LOL".

The explanation was that the other part would have helped him "prove" that he was the reporter. -- it's kind of a running joke that Spenser is constantly claiming that he's such a good player that he's always a night-one target, and Damian is constantly (sarcastically) agreeing with him.

Reign_Cryogen
27 Jun 08, 10:23:30 AM
What, specifically, is a bit of a stretch? That PD is scum and his team offed
damian to quiet him?Yeah, just seems too obvious a way to validate the FOS.

Which, of course, ends up being a big WIFOM. Why I said I'm not so sure he's not scummy. I'm just not sure I'm willing to walk on a railed FOS.

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 10:25:03 AM
I said it earlier.

He claims that his original story was "LOL, Spenser always dies the first night", but Th1nk3r edited that down to "LOL".

The explanation was that the other part would have helped him "prove" that he was the reporter. -- it's kind of a running joke that Spenser is constantly claiming that he's such a good player that he's always a night-one target, and Damian is constantly (sarcastically) agreeing with him.

Yeah, I guess I was more wondering why he chose to report in that way. Even if he would have added the Spenser always dies the first night part, it still just looks like something that would make the town think that the reporter was anti-town.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 10:33:56 AM
Even if he would have added the Spenser always dies the first night part, it still just looks like something that would make the town think that the reporter was anti-town.

1. He didn't want to reveal that our vig was dead.
2. He was trying to insert a hidden message so he could later back up a reporter claim.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 11:44:34 AM

You decide.

I am indeed the other reporter. I don't know if damian is good or evil, yet. I was actually thinking of viewing trill tonight. But thanks for outing me and putting a target on me.

Skep, this was better information to use in pms. Outing a special is a bad idea.

pogo
27 Jun 08, 11:44:46 AM
why is it that we only get info on one of the dead player? did I miss any rule?
also, I think there's far too many quiet ones (who usually are not).
all we have is scum readings by spenser said that x was scum so therefore y believes it therefore when y is offed x must obviously be scum.
Let's get down to analysis guys.
we have 5 dead - other than lynches. first night three die: if adam was the don why the fuck was he doing the hit? if adam was the target, why? and why kill sos if there's still plenty more targets left? on night two there's only two kills but one of them at plaridel's house, so how about first asking: "plaridel what did you do last night"?

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 11:48:25 AM
One of the reporters is dead pogo.

Anyway, this is the message I sent to thinker, complete with breadcrumbs with my real name.

A great man died yesterday evening. Rising up through the ranks of the mob, Adam was Vito Corleone. Dependable sources report that a gun was found in the room along with the corpses of Adam and sonofsyd. Yesterday, the town moved one step closer to victory. A anonymous source claimed that Adam was the target because he voted for Spenser and that the other victim was simply "collateral damage." Considering the nature of the voting, however, this claim does seem dubious.

The bolding was added for your benefit. I stand by my decision to actually let the town know. The more info the town has the better.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 11:51:31 AM
[quote=me]A great man died yesterday evening. Rising up through the ranks of the mob, Adam was Vito Corleone. Dependable sources report that a gun was found in the room along with the corpses of Adam and sonofsyd. Yesterday, the town moved one step closer to victory. A anonymous source claimed that Adam was the target because he voted for Spenser and that the other victim was simply "collateral damage." Considering the nature of the voting, however, this claim does seem dubious.

I forgot to add the bolding.

Grady is my real name by the way.

pogo
27 Jun 08, 11:53:12 AM

Anyway, this is the message I sent to thinker, complete with breadcrumbs with my real name.

A great man died yesterday evening. Rising up through the ranks of the mob, Adam was Vito Corleone. Dependable sources report that a gun was found in the room along with the corpses of Adam and sonofsyd. Yesterday, the town moved one step closer to victory. A anonymous source claimed that Adam was the target because he voted for Spenser and that the other victim was simply "collateral damage." Considering the nature of the voting, however, this claim does seem dubious.

The bolding was added for your benefit. I stand by my decision to actually let the town know. The more info the town has the better.

Are you saying th1nk3r is thinkering with the reports? what good would this be?

Also, did you get out any info about the other kill targets or just about adam?
Is the reporter our only source of information, no seer no cop? That would suck...

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 11:56:39 AM
I'm a fag because my name is Grady? That make sense, if only there was a place for dead people to post in, like a peanut gallery.

Bartholomew Roberts
27 Jun 08, 11:58:06 AM
I'm a fag because my name is Grady?
Yes. Fag.

pogo
27 Jun 08, 11:59:02 AM
wtf guys...
VOTE BartRob for being gay...

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 12:00:11 PM

Are you saying th1nk3r is thinkering with the reports? what good would this be?

Also, did you get out any info about the other kill targets or just about adam?
Is the reporter our only source of information, no seer no cop? That would suck...

Thinker told me that he would edit the reports. He edited my first one a little bit. One of the reasons I tried using my real name for the breadcrumbs was to try to get it past the edit. I only get to pick one dead person to investigate. Also I sent my report to jacey last night complete with bolding.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 12:00:55 PM
damian, you are dead, please refrain from posting in the game thread.

Tenuous
27 Jun 08, 12:08:51 PM
Bey, do you get any night moves like investigating someone? That could explain why he was found outside Plaridel's house. If not, then she has some explaining to do.

Righto, back to the beers :)

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 12:09:14 PM
Skeptic, you outed me as a reporter, in most games it would be bad, but at least there could be doc protection, however, because this game also has prostitutes that work for the mob it is even worse.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 12:10:14 PM
Bey, do you get any night moves like investigating someone? That could explain why he was found outside Plaridel's house. If not, then she has some explaining to do.

Righto, back to the beers :)

I do indeed get night moves. If he was dead outside of plaridel's house, his investigation of one of the deaths could have lead him there somehow.

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 12:33:55 PM
Skeptic, you outed me as a reporter, in most games it would be bad, but at least there could be doc protection, however, because this game also has prostitutes that work for the mob it is even worse.

Is there another prostitute that works for the mob?

Bartholomew Roberts
27 Jun 08, 12:38:00 PM
vote pogo for being gay...

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 12:39:35 PM

I assume that there is, we know that there are 2 prostitutes and two mob groups. Trill was prostituted as well after all. I hope the other prostitute is town which is possible.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 12:40:07 PM
Rather we know that there are at least 2 prostitutes.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 12:41:04 PM
Bart,

do you intend to offer the town anything helpful?

pogo
27 Jun 08, 12:46:35 PM

I assume that there is, we know that there are 2 prostitutes and two mob groups. Trill was prostituted as well after all. I hope the other prostitute is town which is possible.

wooops....
Trill was a hooker?:scared:

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 12:47:13 PM

Yeah, I don't know if thinker would make both mob teams that identical. There could be even more than two prostitutes, if someone didn't speak up about getting blocked. Sonofsyd could have been a prostitute for all we know.

Bartholomew Roberts
27 Jun 08, 12:50:40 PM
Bart,

do you intend to offer the town anything helpful?

not really. I lose my interest easily as it is. I really, really lose my interest when I'm a vanilla townie. If I was a bad guy I'd contribute quite a bit. If I had an interesting good guy role, I'd contribute a little bit.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 12:59:50 PM
Then why sign up for the games?

Bartholomew Roberts
27 Jun 08, 01:02:46 PM
to piss you off

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 01:20:43 PM
Well, we could vote Bart since he has no interest in playing anymore.

jamesbannon
27 Jun 08, 01:44:30 PM
Provisionally vote Bartholomew Roberts for not being any kind of asset to the town.

Bey, how did you put the report on Adam together? Reason I'm asking is that I still don't buy Adam as Vito Corleone. There's something screwy about that hit.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 01:53:41 PM
After I send in my view to thinker I get the info back. It is kind of vague, sources say this, a cop in the department says that. I have no reason to doubt the info. A role that fucks with reporters is possible I suppose but since I wasn't known it seems unlikely. A role that plants evidence on a particular person seems possible but overpowered if they can do it to the dead.

beyelzu
27 Jun 08, 01:54:11 PM
Btw, I would like at this time to beg for protection.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 02:06:34 PM
Skep, this was better information to use in pms. Outing a special is a bad idea.

Unless it's a scum special.

jamesbannon
27 Jun 08, 02:13:26 PM
There's a point: Why did you out Bey, ST? Did you at least approach him with the info you had first?

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 02:14:26 PM
Cuz if damian was good (which I think he was) the other reporter is most likely scum per Th1nk3r's description.

If I'm wrong, then I fucked up.

not all reporters will have a town alignment.

ELV
27 Jun 08, 02:19:58 PM
ST, I didn't get any details about the vote last night.

jamesbannon
27 Jun 08, 02:33:07 PM
Cuz if damian was good (which I think he was) the other reporter is most likely scum per Th1nk3r's description.

Or maybe you just want to kill the other reporter to stop the flow of information to the town.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 02:39:41 PM

You should contact Th1nk3r.

Or maybe Matt got the count?

Somebody should get the count since that was part of the game rules.

Given the actual count, we should be able to narrow the other Godfather down to about half the town. Also, it might give us some insight into the vote switching from day 1.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 02:40:31 PM
Or maybe you just want to kill the other reporter to stop the flow of information to the town.

Well, if he is scum (which was my assumption), misinformation isn't very helpful.

Pavlov's Dog
27 Jun 08, 02:42:32 PM
Would ELV get the count if there was no tie?

jamesbannon
27 Jun 08, 03:01:43 PM
I wouldn't have thought so. Not really necessary if there was a landslide in his favour.

pogo
27 Jun 08, 03:13:27 PM
@jb: he is talking yesterday's lynch count not the mayoral vote..

ELV
27 Jun 08, 03:15:03 PM

You should contact Th1nk3r.

Or maybe Matt got the count?

Somebody should get the count since that was part of the game rules.

Given the actual count, we should be able to narrow the other Godfather down to about half the town. Also, it might give us some insight into the vote switching from day 1.

I sent th1nk3r a PM asking if I could get any special mayoral information. We'll see what happens.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 03:21:40 PM
@jb: he is talking yesterday's lynch count not the mayoral vote..

Correct, but PD may be right.

Reading skimming back through the rules, it may be true that the mayor only gets the count in the case of a tie.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 03:25:59 PM
Above post is totally wrong.

Here's what Th1nk3r said on day 1:

Btw, the procedure is this: i will announce dusk, count the votes again, then announce in thread if we have a lynch or there's a need for the mayor to break a tie. In the end i'll let the mayor know how many votes the lynchee had.

Since there was no tie on day1 and Tears got a count, ELV (or possibly Matt) should get the count on the day2 vote.

jamesbannon
27 Jun 08, 04:33:32 PM
Well, th1nk3r's not going to be available until Sunday, so no point in hassling anyone about it now.

SkepticTank
27 Jun 08, 05:12:01 PM
Well, th1nk3r's not going to be available until Sunday, so no point in hassling anyone about it now.

No, but it would be good info to have before dusk.

Reign_Cryogen
27 Jun 08, 05:38:33 PM
Do the quiet ones (plaridel included) have anything to add?

plaridel
27 Jun 08, 06:48:20 PM
Good Morning!

No, I have nothing else to add, detective. I saw nothing and heard nothing last night.

Reign_Cryogen
28 Jun 08, 06:54:53 AM
There goes that idea.

jamesbannon
28 Jun 08, 07:18:13 AM
It's still very early in the day, Reign. Not many people will be on-line until tomorrow I guess.

beyelzu
28 Jun 08, 07:27:50 AM

I don't believe that damian was good, I assumed it was one good and one bad reporter when I read the newspaper at the start of day two. The idea that information should be kept from the town is a bad idea. I have been open with the town since my first report.
I know that you explained the lol report but I still don't see why a protown player wouldn't share the information.

ELV
28 Jun 08, 11:44:53 AM
What an exciting day :retard:

Megatron
28 Jun 08, 01:08:32 PM
Good Morning!

No, I have nothing else to add, detective. I saw nothing and heard nothing last night.

Oh? Is that your final answer?

Hahaha, I was waiting for that.

See, I investigated damian last night. I followed him to your house. However, while I know he lived and you didn't, I wasn't sure what happened. The kill apparently blocked my view.

Denying you saw or had anything to do with it makes it quite obvious, thanks for clearing up my confusion :)

vote: plaridel

Pavlov's Dog
28 Jun 08, 01:13:33 PM
The kill apparently blocked my view.

What do you mean apparently? Why would the kill block your view? If you can view, why the fuck did you just out yourself? What the fuck was damian doing at plaridel's house? Did he just decided to walk over there and let her kill him?

Megatron
28 Jun 08, 01:21:45 PM
The kill apparently blocked my view.

What do you mean apparently? Why would the kill block your view? If you can view, why the fuck did you just out yourself? What the fuck was damian doing at plaridel's house? Did he just decided to walk over there and let her kill him?

1. I saw them go inside, someone died. I didn't know who. Obviously I found out when it flipped this morning.

2. Fucked if I know, probably because he's too dead to investigate.

3. Because I just caught a big fat lie.

4. Shit if I know.

5. Shit if I know.

Megatron
28 Jun 08, 01:24:02 PM
To elaborate, I followed damian to a bar, where he met some chick, went home with her, and never came back out again.

I'm assuming that's plaridel since he was found dead in her fuckin' house, and I never saw him come out of the house he went to.

Megatron
28 Jun 08, 01:28:56 PM
Errr... I'm not going to get modkilled for paraphrasing a PM from th1nk3r am I? ...fuck

Pavlov's Dog
28 Jun 08, 01:31:04 PM
To elaborate, I followed damian to a bar, where he met some chick, went home with her, and never came back out again.

I'm assuming that's plaridel since he was found dead in her fuckin' house, and I never saw him come out of the house he went to.

That is a lot more information than the first time. If you are going to out yourself like that you might as well not hold important info back. Now the doc needs to figure out if he should protect you or bey tonight. Hopefully there is more than one doc and they can coordinate.

We know he was at plaridel's. That is not new information. They found him on her front steps. Which makes me wonder why you never saw him come out. How long did you wait around?

Did thinker tell you that you didn't get a view? What did he tell you without exactly quoting him?

It looks like plaridel is a prostitute of some sort. Maybe she is a prostitute that can kill her customer? Maybe she is a SK prostitute? Why did she leave him on the front steps?

Megatron
28 Jun 08, 01:35:52 PM
All I got was that he went in there and never came out.

My best guess is either she tossed the body out onto the steps or it was someone else that he went to that night, and that person dropped him off on her steps.

As far as the investigation, he told me there's no way to tell from his activities what his alignment was. I'm guessing because he was role-blocked by the whore.

beyelzu
28 Jun 08, 02:47:53 PM
unvote, vote plaridel

beyelzu
28 Jun 08, 02:50:43 PM
I am curious as to why damian would be visiting plaridel's house. When I get back my investigative report from thinker it doesn't really include any actions that couldn't be done from a newsroom on a phone. However, he claimed reporter and now he is dead and so is a reporter.

pogo
28 Jun 08, 03:11:58 PM
In my opinion, there are two very (very very) fishy stories here:

- Plaridel claiming she did not know what went on with Damian being at her house AND
- Megatron claimining he saw him go in there but not come out or have any view on him

No fucking way both are clean. So whoever can should view them tonight, I bet there is at least one evil read....
In the meantime, we should lynch a silent one - there are plenty that are usually quite vocal and are shutting the fuck up in this game..

beyelzu
28 Jun 08, 03:31:36 PM
In my opinion, there are two very (very very) fishy stories here:

- Plaridel claiming she did not know what went on with Damian being at her house AND
- Megatron claimining he saw him go in there but not come out or have any view on him

No fucking way both are clean. So whoever can should view them tonight, I bet there is at least one evil read....
In the meantime, we should lynch a silent one - there are plenty that are usually quite vocal and are shutting the fuck up in this game..

I can't see Megatron lying about it really, it hangs a huge fucking target on himself, unless of course it is a ploy to get doc protection off of me. It might be worth it, but I really take his post at face value.

I am all for lynching silent people, see my earlier votes for black badger. Something we need to consider for possible lynches is that I can view one of the night kills from yesterday or the lynch from today but not both.

Pavlov's Dog
28 Jun 08, 03:37:24 PM
I can't see Megatron lying about it really, it hangs a huge fucking target on himself, unless of course it is a ploy to get doc protection off of me. It might be worth it, but I really take his post at face value.

Well, I don't know why he would out himself for this. That is what is suspicious to me. Maybe it was just a dumb move, or maybe you are right. I guess we can wait and see what plaridel says, and see if her story sounds plausible.

jamesbannon
28 Jun 08, 04:56:14 PM
Apologies for not being around much today. I doubt that Plaridel has a killer role. If she is a prostitute, then it is likely Damian was the kill target & since Megatron followed them, I conclude that Megatron is just as likely to be the killer. I'll wait until Plaridel pipes up before putting in my vote.

Reign_Cryogen
28 Jun 08, 06:32:21 PM
If I had to hazard a guess between the two, plaridel seems somewhat less kosher, but that may have more to do with her reticence than anything else.

Need some better input pronto.

Pavlov's Dog
28 Jun 08, 06:35:23 PM
If I had to hazard a guess between the two, plaridel seems somewhat less kosher, but that may have more to do with her reticence than anything else.

I think there is something scummy about plaridel, but if she is just a prostitute, then somebody else had to have killed damian.

plaridel
28 Jun 08, 07:16:00 PM
Yes, I am a prostitute. I'm town though. I really thought damian was a corleone so I targetted him. Just as damian was leaving, Megatron came by and blew his face off.

I didn't say anything earlier because I wanted to confer with the mayor(ELV) about how we can use my info.

beyelzu
28 Jun 08, 07:20:55 PM
Interesting, now we have a claim that we can actually judge. It is interesting to note that you said that you thought damian was corleone not that you thought he was mob.

Pavlov's Dog
28 Jun 08, 07:25:17 PM
What she says makes sense, but it is interesting that she said Corleone.

ELV
28 Jun 08, 07:47:03 PM
Yes, I am a prostitute. I'm town though. I really thought damian was a corleone so I targetted him. Just as damian was leaving, Megatron came by and blew his face off.

I didn't say anything earlier because I wanted to confer with the mayor(ELV) about how we can use my info.

I can confirm that plaridel did contact me before all this happened telling me that she saw who killed Damian and asked for protection and advice.

Reign_Cryogen
28 Jun 08, 07:51:25 PM
And your advice was what, to say the damian was Corleone and FOS someone else?

ELV
28 Jun 08, 07:53:51 PM
No. :retard: She didn't tell me what she knew, I told her to make it public whatever it was.

Pavlov's Dog
28 Jun 08, 07:56:11 PM
And your advice was what, to say the damian was Corleone and FOS someone else?

To be fair she said she thought, damian was Corleone. Also, she did more than FOS Megatron. She flat out said she saw him do it. That is a big accusation. I don't know what to make of it.

ELV
28 Jun 08, 07:58:38 PM
I've got to say that either plaridel or megatron killed Damian and whoever it was is super ballsy for coming out and directly accusing the other.

Ad Absurdum
28 Jun 08, 10:30:42 PM
blargh!!!

plaridel
29 Jun 08, 01:46:25 AM
Well I kinda had it in my mind that Pavlov's Dog was Tony Soprano and damian was Vito Corleone since game start.:retard:

I don't buy Adam being Vito Corleone, btw.

jamesbannon
29 Jun 08, 02:42:21 AM
I'm with Plaridel on this one. I don't buy Adam as Vito Corleone either and tend to buy her story about Damian. It's also true that she thinks Pavlov's Dog is Tony Soprano, though I disagree with her on that one - he hasn't been that scummy in this game. With that in mind vote Megatron

Megatron
29 Jun 08, 04:14:52 AM
Haha, say what?

Let me get this straight. I killed damian, you watched me do it, and then flat out lied to everyone about it?

I think it's quite a bit more likely that you posted your little "I saw nothing!!" to buy you time to confer with your scum buddies, and this here "pin the gun on the watcher" shit is damage control.

Megatron
29 Jun 08, 04:27:18 AM
I'm with Plaridel on this one. I don't buy Adam as Vito Corleone either and tend to buy her story about Damian. It's also true that she thinks Pavlov's Dog is Tony Soprano, though I disagree with her on that one - he hasn't been that scummy in this game. With that in mind vote Megatron

LOL @ whiteknighting in mafia

jamesbannon
29 Jun 08, 04:35:04 AM
Whatever, Megatron. Doesn't change the fact that you are scum.

beyelzu
29 Jun 08, 07:17:50 AM
Adam was Vito Corleone, I know this. So for people that say that it isn't so, what do you base your reasoning on? Also, do you then assume I am lying and if so why?

I have a simple solution for the problem, we lynch plaridel today and I view her tonight. I just don't think we have 3 whores, and, since Tears was a corleone whore, I think plaridel is a the soprano whore.

Reign_Cryogen
29 Jun 08, 08:32:13 AM
Whatever, Megatron. Doesn't change the fact that you are scum.No no, he's got a point. Your weird fixation on the kid pretty much strips any credibility you might have.

Doesn't mean you're necessary wrong, but it does mean I'm not putting much stock into what you have to say about it.

SkepticTank
29 Jun 08, 10:25:46 AM

Lynch all liars.

vote Plaridel

SkepticTank
29 Jun 08, 10:30:36 AM
I can confirm that plaridel did contact me before all this happened telling me that she saw who killed Damian and asked for protection and advice.

Isn't it true that she didn't tell you what she knew, but offered her information in exchange for protection? Not a very pro-town play.

SkepticTank
29 Jun 08, 10:31:52 AM
With that in mind vote Megatron

I'd FOS JB for this, but I think he's just not thinking clearly.

jamesbannon
29 Jun 08, 10:37:13 AM
Whatever, Megatron. Doesn't change the fact that you are scum.No no, he's got a point. Your weird fixation on the kid pretty much strips any credibility you might have.

Doesn't mean you're necessary wrong, but it does mean I'm not putting much stock into what you have to say about it.

1) I don't have a fixation
2) I'm not a weirdo.

This joke is getting really fucking old and it fucking sucks. It wasn't funny the first time I was hounded for this and it's even less funny now. I would kindly ask you retards to fucking drop it, if you don't mind!

@Bey: How do you account for the fact that Sonofsyd flat out denied being a whore in the Peanut Gallery? Since that is the only scenario that makes sense, it kind of blows up the theory that Adam was a revenge hit by the Sopranos and hence puts a big question mark on Tears' claim. I don't buy it.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 10:37:46 AM
With that in mind vote Megatron

I'd FOS JB for this, but I think he's just not thinking clearly.

^^^This.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 10:38:47 AM
Isn't it true that she didn't tell you what she knew, but offered her information in exchange for protection? Not a very pro-town play.

Where are you getting this information from?

ELV
29 Jun 08, 10:38:55 AM

Yeah, she did and overall its pretty scummy. I wouldn't object to lynching her. Either she or megatron is scum (or both, we can't forget that) and either way we should get one by the end of tomorrow.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 10:41:01 AM
Yeah, she did and overall its pretty scummy. I wouldn't object to lynching her. Either she or megatron is scum (or both, we can't forget that) and either way we should get one by the end of tomorrow.

Why didn't you tell us this earlier? It seems like a piece of important information.

ELV
29 Jun 08, 10:42:30 AM
I was waiting to hear back from plaridel myself. I didn't want to scare her away before I could get a specific answer back from her.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 10:49:32 AM
I was waiting to hear back from plaridel myself. I didn't want to scare her away before I could get a specific answer back from her.

We need to start making important information available. I see no reason to hide that from the town. vote plaridel

cockrell
29 Jun 08, 10:50:33 AM
vote plaridel

either her or megatron are scum

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 10:52:25 AM
vote plaridel

either her or megatron are scum

Or both. I don't think plaridel killed damian.

ELV
29 Jun 08, 10:56:16 AM
OK, I wanted to find out from plaridel if she told anyone else what she had told me. I had told only one person, ST. I thought it was pretty ballsy for Megatron to come out directly in the thread (or it was ballsy for plaridel to contact me in secret) but I thought that it wouldn't have been if he was the killer and knew that plaridel had seen him. The only way he could have learned that would be if ST knew megatron was a killer and had warned him. That would both of them would be scum. Soo, if it turns out that megatron actually was the killer I think we should watch ST as well.

Oh yeah, plaridel said she hadn't told anyone else. So if it turns out she is telling the truth watch both megatron and ST.

ELV
29 Jun 08, 10:58:04 AM
Now, I've got a baseball game to go to. Be back hopefully before the deadline.

mrickaby
29 Jun 08, 12:11:59 PM
vote plaridel for withholding information. I don't have anything else to add at this point.

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 12:15:11 PM
vote Plaridel, for several reasons, but the most straightforward being that she's claimed prostitute, and in this game even if that claim is true, it indicates a good chance she's scum.

SkepticTank
29 Jun 08, 01:24:03 PM
Anyone have a count? I'm pretty sure it's overwhelmingly Plaridel, but an exact count would be nice just in case our mayor gets told actual numbers.

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 01:28:03 PM
If Megatron is telling the truth:

Damian went into Plaridel's house and then was killed by her (most likely), or by someone else waiting inside the house (seems so improbable as that it can be ruled out).

If Plaridel is telling the truth:

Megatron targeted Damian, and was able to tail him and shoot him despite the fact that he spent the night with a prostitute.

Neither scenario makes sense with roles working in any way I'm familiar with.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 01:30:22 PM

Damian went into Plaridel's house and then was killed by her (most likely), or by someone else waiting inside the house (seems so improbable as that it can be ruled out).

He was found outside the house, so it is possible he was killed right as he left the house.

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 01:33:22 PM
beyelzu - plaridel
pogo - bartrob
bartrob - pogo
JB - megatron
ST - plaridel
PD - plaridel
cockrell - plaridel
mrickaby - plaridel
badger - plaridel

plaridel 6
megatron 1
bartrob 1
pogo 1

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 01:35:21 PM

He was found outside the house, so it is possible he was killed right as he left the house.

Not according to Megatron.

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 01:37:15 PM
All I got was that he went in there and never came out.

My best guess is either she tossed the body out onto the steps or it was someone else that he went to that night, and that person dropped him off on her steps.

As far as the investigation, he told me there's no way to tell from his activities what his alignment was. I'm guessing because he was role-blocked by the whore.

Emphasis added.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 01:40:06 PM

Yeah, but he obviously came out at some point. Whether it was by his own power or plaridel dragging him. The fact that Megatron says he never came out was why I was suspicious earlier.

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 01:41:50 PM

Yeah, but he obviously came out at some point. Whether it was by his own power or plaridel dragging him. The fact that Megatron says he never came out was why I was suspicious earlier.

To me that actually seems to be the strongest point in Megatron's favor.

If he actually made the kill but wanted to pin it on plaridel, why in the world would he not claim that he saw plaridel kill damian on her steps, when we all know that's where the body was found?

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 01:44:26 PM
If he actually made the kill but wanted to pin it on plaridel, why in the world would he not claim that he saw plaridel kill damian on her steps, when we all know that's where the body was found?

He made a mistake. The bottom line is the body was outside of the house and Megatron said he never came back outside. So, he either came out under his own power, or someone dragged him out. Either way he came out, and Megatron said he didn't.

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 01:48:20 PM

He made a mistake. The bottom line is the body was outside of the house and Megatron said he never came back outside. So, he either came out under his own power, or someone dragged him out. Either way he came out, and Megatron said he didn't.

That would be a remarkably careless mistake. If you're making your boldest move of the game, wouldn't you take a moment to dot your i's and cross your t's?

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 01:50:19 PM

That would be a remarkably careless mistake. If you're making your boldest move of the game, wouldn't you take a moment to dot your i's and cross your t's?

Well, then how do you explain it? Why couldn't he make a mistake? If he is a cop, then he made a huge mistake by outing in thread, so I don't see why he can't make a big mistake if he is scum by not getting his lie straight.

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 01:57:05 PM

Well, then how do you explain it? Why couldn't he make a mistake? If he is a cop, then he made a huge mistake by outing in thread, so I don't see why he can't make a big mistake if he is scum by not getting his lie straight.

Apples to oranges.

If he's a cop and he chose this moment to out in thread, whether that's a good or bad move is a subjective judgment.

But if he's scum, failing to simply check the OP to make sure his lies sound consistent before he posts that's such a trivial thing to do that it seems a very improbable mistake to make on your most important post of the game.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 02:00:58 PM
Apples to oranges.

If he's a cop and he chose this moment to out in thread, whether that's a good or bad move is a subjective judgment.

No, it is not. That was a bad move.

But if he's scum, failing to simply check the OP to make sure his lies sound consistent before he posts that's such a trivial thing to do that it seems a very improbable mistake to make on your most important post of the game.

I already addressed this. I don't know why you think that he couldn't make a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes, that is the whole point of this game. Catching the mistakes.

Anyway, as I have asked for several times, what is your explanation for how the body got outside? Also, why are you trying so hard to defend him? You have been reading the thread and no posting forever, then you come out of the woodwork to defend Megatron?

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 02:09:39 PM
Apples to oranges.

No, it is not. That was a bad move.

I already addressed this. I don't know why you think that he couldn't make a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes, that is the whole point of this game. Catching the mistakes.

Anyway, as I have asked for several times, what is your explanation for how the body got outside? Also, why are you trying so hard to defend him? You have been reading the thread and no posting forever, then you come out of the woodwork to defend Megatron?

:retard:

Are you really so stupid that you can't see the difference between a judgment call (should I out now or not) and a simple logistical error?

And no, of course I don't have an explanation for how the body got outside? This started because I posted a brief analysis of IF Megatron is telling the truth, vs. IF plaridel is telling the truth, and I stated that both scenarios don't make sense to me.

I figured that pretty soon you'd try to imply I'm suspicious for defending Megatron hard. The only reason I continued this argument is because I think I found an interesting point, and you've been remarkably obtuse about it. The effort is to see that the point is not lost, not to defend Megatron per se.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 02:11:28 PM
Are you really so stupid that you can't see the difference between a judgment call (should I out now or not) and a simple logistical error?

I know that an error in judgment and a logistical error are both errors.

I figured that pretty soon you'd try to imply I'm suspicious for defending Megatron hard. The only reason I continued this argument is because I think I found an interesting point, and you've been remarkably obtuse about it. The effort is to see that the point is not lost, not to defend Megatron per se.

I guess it is lost, because I don't see any interesting point in anything you have said.

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 02:15:49 PM

I know that an error in judgment and a logistical error are both errors.

Ok, so you are that stupid. Thanks for clearing that up.

I guess it is lost, because I don't see any interesting point in anything you have said.

That makes us even. Nice talking to you. :D

jamesbannon
29 Jun 08, 02:16:42 PM
Black Badger is another scum candidate, from what I'm reading here.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 02:19:54 PM

I am sorry I cannot compete with your brilliant analysis that it is unlikely that Megatron made a mistake because scum don't want to make mistakes. So, you are either an idiot or you are defending Megatron for some reason. This whole thing is making me even more suspicious of Megatron. If I get killed tonight, you guys know which two people to look for.

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 02:34:14 PM
Ya know, last game, I was scum, and I was plenty active from the beginning of day one, and despite hardly uttering a word of truth, I garnered no suspicion from anyone until I was viewed and hence proved evil.

This game, I'm town, and have said very little, and yet the first time I open my mouth and make an honest attempt to analyze something, I'm considered a scum candidate.

Y'all need some calibration on your scumdars.

jamesbannon
29 Jun 08, 02:35:21 PM
Sorry, don't have one. I just go from what I read.

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 02:43:40 PM
Sorry, don't have one. I just go from what I read.

Scumdar, reading comprehension, whatever you want to call it. :D

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 02:48:11 PM

I am sorry I cannot compete with your brilliant analysis that it is unlikely that Megatron made a mistake because scum don't want to make mistakes. So, you are either an idiot or you are defending Megatron for some reason. This whole thing is making me even more suspicious of Megatron. If I get killed tonight, you guys know which two people to look for.

I really shouldn't get caught into this "haha, I've got the last word on you!"-fest...but what the hell.

You make yourself look a complete and utter fool, when not only do you entirely fail to understand a word I said to you, but you then try to crow about your 'victory'.

It's one thing if you disagree, then we can have a conversation about it. But all you did was try to snow me under with a big heap of BS.

I actually think you're smarter than this, which makes this conversation interesting. Not sure what it means yet, but it's something to remember for later in the game.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 02:52:29 PM
You make yourself look a complete and utter fool, when not only do you entirely fail to understand a word I said to you, but you then try to crow about your 'victory'.

I don't see anybody else jumping in saying that they know what you mean, so maybe there is something wrong with your communication.

It's one thing if you disagree, then we can have a conversation about it. But all you did was try to snow me under with a big heap of BS.

No, it is not. What you said makes no sense. You think the fact that what Megatron said, doesn't make any sense means it is more likely that he is telling the truth, because if he was lying then he would have came up with a better lie. That is dumb reasoning. It makes you look dumb or scummy.

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 02:53:31 PM
You are one ornery mofo, PD. I've seen how abrasive you can be to others before, but this is the first time I've locked horns with you. It's been very entertaining. :D

ELV
29 Jun 08, 02:56:44 PM
Ya know, last game, I was scum, and I was plenty active from the beginning of day one, and despite hardly uttering a word of truth, I garnered no suspicion from anyone until I was viewed and hence proved evil.

This game, I'm town, and have said very little, and yet the first time I open my mouth and make an honest attempt to analyze something, I'm considered a scum candidate.

WIFOM

Black Badger
29 Jun 08, 02:58:36 PM

WIFOM

...if you take it as a logical argument, yeah it's wifom.

It's not a logical argument, though, it's just me venting a little at the turn things have taken.

I'm out for today after this post (the day ends in about an hour, right? not sure if I'm remembering correctly) See you all tomorrow, if there isn't a last-minute push to lynch me for the crime of talking.

SkepticTank
29 Jun 08, 03:02:38 PM
You guys are over Th1nk1ing the situation.

Plaridel got caught in a flat out lie. She initially said she didn't know anything about damian's death, then later privately claimed to ELV that she had info she wanted to exchange for protection. Then when Megatron outed, she admitted she changed her story.

Lynch All Liars is a pretty common theme here for good reason.

The only flaw in Megatron's story is that he never saw damian come back out, yet the town found damian outside of Plaridel's house, so he apparently came out at some point. Doesn't it make sense that there are limit on night moves? He gave up watching at some point (as determined by the GM) and the body came out later. That's the simplest explanation.

PD and JB sure seem to believe Plaridel even though she flat out lied and withheld info from the town, so they are suspect.

th1nk3r
29 Jun 08, 03:03:09 PM
one hour to go.

jamesbannon
29 Jun 08, 03:11:38 PM
You guys are over Th1nk1ing the situation.

Plaridel got caught in a flat out lie. She initially said she didn't know anything about damian's death, then later privately claimed to ELV that she had info she wanted to exchange for protection. Then when Megatron outed, she admitted she changed her story.

Lynch All Liars is a pretty common theme here for good reason.

The only flaw in Megatron's story is that he never saw damian come back out, yet the town found damian outside of Plaridel's house, so he apparently came out at some point. Doesn't it make sense that there are limit on night moves? He gave up watching at some point (as determined by the GM) and the body came out later. That's the simplest explanation.

PD and JB sure seem to believe Plaridel even though she flat out lied and withheld info from the town, so they are suspect.

No, the simplest explanation is that Megatron got caught on the kill by the prostitute. Lynch Plaridel if you wish, but it in no way clears Megatron.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 03:21:18 PM

That is possible, although I don't think that is a fair way for thinker to play it. It just doesn't sound right to me.

I don't believe plaridel, I just don't believe Megatron either. Somebody had to kill damian, and I don't think a prostitute did it. Is there any reason why we should trust Megatron? He outs himself as a seer, right after the reporter asks for protection, and his story doesn't add up, including why he would out as a seer in thread. I never once suggested that we shouldn't lynch plaridel, but that doesn't change that Megatron's story is full of holes.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 03:26:29 PM
Also, who gets protection tonight, bey or Megatron?

SkepticTank
29 Jun 08, 03:38:11 PM
Also, who gets protection tonight, bey or Megatron?

I'm sure you'd like to know, scum.

SkepticTank
29 Jun 08, 03:39:37 PM
No, the simplest explanation is that Megatron got caught on the kill by the prostitute. Lynch Plaridel if you wish, but it in no way clears Megatron.

If that's true, that Plaridel should have come forward earlier. But I'd expect scum to back up scum.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 03:40:25 PM
Okay, I was hoping we could have some pros and cons, but never mind.

SkepticTank
29 Jun 08, 03:42:04 PM
Well, I'm probably going down tonight, so I recommend lynching PD tomorrow, followed by JB and Bey if nothing else comes up.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 03:42:17 PM

If that's true, that Plaridel should have come forward earlier. But I'd expect scum to back up scum.

There is also the possibility that they are both scum. I don't know if you are aware of this, but there are two scum factions in this game. But don't let your dumbass scum hollering stop you. Anyway, keep the focus on me. At least that way you won't continue the charge to get our reporter lynched.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 03:44:19 PM
If I go down tonight, watch for ST and Megatron. I still trust ELV, I think he is just being suckered by ST. BB probably isn't scum. ST wants to kill the only reporter we have left.

jamesbannon
29 Jun 08, 03:44:43 PM

Then you would expect wrongly. If I were Mafia as you claim, then Plaridel would be expendable (as would I). It makes no sense for me to paint a big target on myself for the other family by defending Plaridel. I simply don't buy Megatron's version of events, just as in the same way I don't buy Tears' claim of prostitute or Adam as Vito Corleone. That was "very convenient", the Corleone family don getting off'ed on the first night.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 03:49:20 PM
And further, just in case I go down, here are my thoughts:

Plaridel is a scum prostitute, kind of like tears but for the other family. She blocked damian for whatever reason. Megatron is scum who killed him, probably from the rival family. ST either has the shittiest reasoning ability or he is scum. Bey is not scum. He is a legit reporter. Don't listen to ST if he tries to get you to lynch Bey. It would be better to get fake news and be skeptical, than to potentially off the only reporter left.

Megatron
29 Jun 08, 03:57:46 PM
Are you fucking serious? Are you really that gullible, or do you have a whiteknight boner from hell? It's gotta be one of the two.

I saw what I saw, dude.

I waited to see what plaridel said, because I only had limited knowledge. I just knew that damian went to her house and I never saw him come out. I didn't say anything sooner because I wanted to see what she had to say. I didn't want to out myself.

Then she comes out and DENIES EVERYTHING, a blatant fucking lie, which to me is an indicator that she either was behind the kill or she did it herself.

Then only after I call her out for that, she tries to pin it on me? Man, that kool-aid must be really fuckin' good.

Megatron
29 Jun 08, 04:00:21 PM

Plaridel is a scum prostitute, kind of like tears but for the other family. She blocked damian for whatever reason. Megatron is scum who killed him, probably from the rival family. ST either has the shittiest reasoning ability or he is scum. Bey is not scum. He is a legit reporter. Don't listen to ST if he tries to get you to lynch Bey. It would be better to get fake news and be skeptical, than to potentially off the only reporter left.

Actually, I think she's a scum prostitute and you're her don, Mister Soprano.

Megatron
29 Jun 08, 04:00:52 PM
Nightfall.

SkepticTank
29 Jun 08, 04:01:16 PM
Cool, Mexican standoff.

Fuck. Bey just outed to me the name of the seer who viewed me as scum.

I'm not, so if he's not lying, I must be the miller. If I was scum, he shouldn't have given me the name of the seer.

WTF???

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 04:02:18 PM

Actually, I think she's a scum prostitute and you're her don, Mister Soprano.

Yeah, I already said she is a scum prostitute for the Sopranos, but thanks for your valuable insight. Prostitutes don't kill, however. That is where you come in.

Megatron
29 Jun 08, 04:03:50 PM
Not if you'd already set up the hit. Thanks for outing yourself :)

th1nk3r
29 Jun 08, 04:04:01 PM
Dusk

You enter the votes in the machine and wait for a result.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 04:08:20 PM
Not if you'd already set up the hit. Thanks for outing yourself :)

Yeah. The Sopranos used a role block and a hit on damian. That makes so much sense. That wouldn't be a waste or anything. If it isn't obvious who to lynch tomorrow, the town doesn't deserve to win.

ST and megatron. Remember that.

Megatron
29 Jun 08, 04:12:00 PM
I love how you're trying to establish all this WIFOM before the night ends, it's lovely. I still saw what I saw, and plaridel still lied, twice over, to cover something that was obviously scum.

jamesbannon
29 Jun 08, 04:12:17 PM
Are you fucking serious? Are you really that gullible, or do you have a whiteknight boner from hell? It's gotta be one of the two.

I saw what I saw, dude.

I waited to see what plaridel said, because I only had limited knowledge. I just knew that damian went to her house and I never saw him come out. I didn't say anything sooner because I wanted to see what she had to say. I didn't want to out myself.

Then she comes out and DENIES EVERYTHING, a blatant fucking lie, which to me is an indicator that she either was behind the kill or she did it herself.

Then only after I call her out for that, she tries to pin it on me? Man, that kool-aid must be really fuckin' good.

I've asked nicely once Megatron, now I'm telling you straight! Lay off with the innuendo. It's not fucking funny! Get me?

What makes sense in this scenario, is that Plaridel's out as prostitute is broadly correct and that her fingering you for the hit is also correct. You're busted! And you're out as the cop is just a ruse to get you out of a tight spot. Plaridel was sure to get lynched anyway as soon as she outed, so my vote makes not one wit of difference.

beyelzu
29 Jun 08, 04:13:34 PM
Megatron is not claiming cop, he claims that he can follow someone, I don't even know what that role would be.

Is it really nightfall??

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 04:14:50 PM
I love how you're trying to establish all this WIFOM before the night ends, it's lovely. I still saw what I saw, and plaridel still lied, twice over, to cover something that was obviously scum.

Yeah, she is obviously scum. There are two scum factions. Plaridel being scum, does not make you innocent.

th1nk3r
29 Jun 08, 04:23:47 PM
As expected, plaridel wins the popularity contest.

Nightfall

No more talking pls. Deadline for night moves is 11 AM EST. After that, day 4 will start monday and end tuesday, but starting on day 5 (wednesday) I'll prolly move the deadlines a bit and have a game day played in just one real time day. Please comment on this in the PG.

jamesbannon
29 Jun 08, 04:24:41 PM
Megatron is not claiming cop, he claims that he can follow someone, I don't even know what that role would be.

Is it really nightfall??

Yeah, it's nightfall. We're waiting on the diebold machine to count the votes.

FWIW, Bey, I would suggest any doc in the game protect you tonight.

ELV
29 Jun 08, 04:57:16 PM
Can I still say the number of votes plaridel got?

jamesbannon
29 Jun 08, 04:59:55 PM
Yeah, I'd be interested.

Pavlov's Dog
29 Jun 08, 05:01:57 PM
thinker said no more talking

plaridel
29 Jun 08, 05:03:39 PM
lol, sorry I'm late for my own party.:blushing: Lazy th1nk3r. Why is there no description of my lovely corpse?:crying:

plaridel
29 Jun 08, 05:09:16 PM
also lol, I ask for protection and I get lynched.

th1nk3r
29 Jun 08, 05:10:12 PM

only in the morning. the point being, this info gets wasted if you don't make it through the night.

Why is there no description of my lovely corpse?

I'm not sure going public with that is the best way to go, i think I'm going to sell it to the highest bidder :shifty:

In case everyone forgot, no more PM's either.

ELV
29 Jun 08, 05:12:48 PM

only in the morning. the point being, this info gets wasted if you don't make it through the night.

Why is there no description of my lovely corpse?

I'm not sure going public with that is the best way to go, i think I'm going to sell it to the highest bidder :shifty:

In case everyone forgot, no more PM's either.

lame