PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos vs Corleones - Day 2

Pages : [1] 2

th1nk3r
25 Jun 08, 09:01:19 AM
Rantnborough is a beautiful town in the morning: sun shining, birds singing, Spenser dangling in the breeze... It's all just joy. As the citizens wake up and start reading the papers, the joy turns into sadness.

The Rantnborough Herald's first page hosts a surrealist obituary: the whole page only contains 3 huge letters

LOL

The Rantnborough Post confirms the frightening suspicion:

The Lone Gunman walks no more.

Though he had limited bullets, a vigilante could have helped the town during our hour of need. We will all mourn the passing of Spenser.

As the citizens start gathering in front of town hall, the bad news keep flowing. LuisGarcia has been found in his basement with a bullet hole in the back of the head. sonofsyd's bedroom was apparently rocked by an explosion, but upon entering the house, the crime squad strangely found the body of Adam also.

1. SkepticTank
2. Tenuous
3. Pavlov's Dog
4. Tears In The Rain
5. ELV
6. Bart Rob
7. jacey
8. Adam
9. Spenser
10. Megatron
11. jamesbannon
12. beyelzu
13. cockrell
14. Bradshaw
15. plaridel
16. Reign_Cryogen
17. Luis
18. mrickaby
19. sonofsyd
20. damian
21. Black Badger
22. trillian
23. pogo
24. Matt

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 09:03:24 AM
Ok, Tears, you have some esplainin' to do!

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 09:07:59 AM
The bomb seems to be more corleone than soprano.

But the dual death of adam and sos is fucking weird. Masons, lovers, adam investigating sos??? It was clear that adam was found as sos's place.

Adam is dead, we should be able to know if Tears is evil if Adam comes back evil. With two reporters, it seems likely that we will find out tomorrow.

I hate to be the voice of reason, however....

Tenuous
25 Jun 08, 09:08:25 AM
Do the reporters know the roles of Luis/Adam/sonofsyd? Would be useful to know if Adam really was a don to confirm whether there was monkeying with the votes or not.

Just not sure if they should expose themselves ... th1nk3r, will news reports come via you or would they have to post them personally? Since last night's reports are anon, can we expect to get some anon reports today?

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 09:08:57 AM
And like I said in the peanut gallery, it seems to me that any plan that involves outhinkering thinker is destined for failure.

th1nk3r
25 Jun 08, 09:09:18 AM
Do the reporters know the roles of Luis/Adam/sonofsyd? Would be useful to know if Adam really was a don to confirm whether there was monkeying with the votes or not.

Just not sure if they should expose themselves ... th1nk3r, will news reports come via you or would they have to post them personally? Since last night's reports are anon, can we expect to get some anon reports today?

no more news until the morning of day 3.

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 09:10:14 AM

Or the reporters will get the info on last night kills during the next night. Newspapers are slow after all, if only we could get our news updates from the intrawebs.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 09:12:27 AM
Tears dies unless we have a better option for who to lynch.

Adam was likely attacking SOS, or in cahoots somehow. Adam was our guess as to who one of the Dons was. Obviously the other side figured this out too, so he was probably their target.

Tenuous
25 Jun 08, 09:18:22 AM

Adam was likely attacking SOS, or in cahoots somehow. Adam was our guess as to who one of the Dons was. Obviously the other side figured this out too, so he was probably their target.

I doubt the other side would waste an attack on him when he was number 1 lynch suspect. I mean, if Tears is the other don, then it just makes his lynching come even sooner. Doesn't make much sense.

Tenuous
25 Jun 08, 09:24:06 AM

Or the reporters will get the info on last night kills during the next night. Newspapers are slow after all, if only we could get our news updates from the intrawebs.

I don't think the mafia are likely to be keeping Twitter updated.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 09:24:09 AM
Possibilities:

- Vote was legit. Spenser got 1.5 votes (from Adam) and Tears is the other Godfather.
- Vote was somehow rigged (Diebold voting machines are a hint), but is it a mob thing or a Th1nk3r thing?

Questions:
- Did ELV know the vote would be rigged, and come up with this plan just to throw us off?
- Why was Tears concerned about PD changing his vote yesterday? Why did PD immediately comply? Both those players are smart enough to understand ELV's simple plan.

Obvious comment is obvious:
The Rantnborough Herald reporter is apparently scum (or otherwise anti-town).

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 09:25:30 AM

I doubt the other side would waste an attack on him when he was number 1 lynch suspect. I mean, if Tears is the other don, then it just makes his lynching come even sooner. Doesn't make much sense.

it does if you have no other better target, and your win condition likely includes something about eliminating the other don.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 09:25:32 AM
I don't know. I have a feeling that our system screwed up somehow.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 09:28:26 AM
I say we lynch Tears today, because we have nothing else to go on with Adam being dead. I just don't know if we should keep using this system.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 09:33:11 AM
hmm.

I think whoever rigged it only has one shot at it. Otherwise, it would break the game.

I think anyone discouraging us from attempting this plan is suspicious. In fact, I think we should try it again today.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 09:37:15 AM
Alright, then let's try it again today. See if the same thing happens with Tears not voting, then we can lynch him tomorrow. I don't really give a shit.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 09:37:48 AM
Adam was likely attacking SOS, or in cahoots somehow.

I'd guess lovers or some kind of spy. It's pretty unusual for a 2nd killer to be taken out by the first, isn't it?

Lovers really makes sense since there were found in the bedroom. Spy, not so much, that role usually watches the house for activity.

jamesbannon
25 Jun 08, 09:37:53 AM
Something screwy is going on. If Adam was a don, why would he go on a hit? Makes me think the voting was screwed with somehow. Although that doesn't actually clear Tears, it means we can't rely on yesterday for a lynch today.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 09:37:59 AM
ETA: To me it is pretty obvious that thinker is not going to let the plan work to screw up his game.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 09:38:28 AM
actually, i changed my mind. My gut tells me that the vote was rigged, which basically makes Tears and Adam look super suspicious and ties up our next couple days getting rid of them, and makes us abandon our plan.

Spenser over IM yesterday was pretty suspicous of PD, and i generally trust his mafia reads, as well as his admin decisions. PD's gentle nudges away from the plan and toward Tears set off my scumdar. PD is not gentle.

vote PD

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 09:39:36 AM
hmm.

I think whoever rigged it only has one shot at it. Otherwise, it would break the game.

Not if they only get to add an extra vote or two. It only breaks close votes, not a "normal" overwhelming town vote.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 09:41:08 AM
actually, i changed my mind. My gut tells me that the vote was rigged, which basically makes Tears and Adam look super suspicious and ties up our next couple days getting rid of them, and makes us abandon our plan.

Spenser over IM yesterday was pretty suspicous of PD, and i generally trust his mafia reads, as well as his admin decisions. PD's gentle nudges away from the plan and toward Tears set off my scumdar. PD is not gentle.

vote PD

Hmm, I wonder why Spenser was suspicious of me. This is some faulty reasoning, but whatever. Your gut shouldn't tell you that the vote was rigged, the fact that thinker isn't going to let that plan ruin his game should tell you that.

jamesbannon
25 Jun 08, 09:42:29 AM
If the vote was rigged, as seems likely, then it was ELV's plan, so ELV should be the main suspect for today I think.

vote ELV

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 09:42:46 AM
he said he was suspicious of you because you're a big meanie.

actually, let me check my logs.

eta posting chat logs is ok, right?

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 09:45:15 AM
Lovers really makes sense since there were found in the bedroom. Spy, not so much, that role usually watches the house for activity.

Prostitute also makes sense.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 09:45:27 AM
nm, he just says something like "and it's not because of the stuff going on in the other thread, blah blah blah."

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 09:48:33 AM
damian, I am not buying into the tears lynch plan because I am not getting an antitown vibe off of him and like I have said repeatedly thinker is a shifty son of a bitch and a plan that is based on being shiftier than he is probably wont work.

As to the power maybe it is just a switch your vote secretly power. That would be powerful but not so broken as to preclude a town win and if that is the power, the vote switcher could fuck with us forever and everyday we follow elv's plan would be a day wasted.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 09:48:46 AM
ETA: To me it is pretty obvious that thinker is not going to let the plan work to screw up his game.

I hope th1nk3r didn't change the rules over it, though. :colbert:

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 09:50:08 AM
If the vote was rigged, as seems likely, then it was ELV's plan, so ELV should be the main suspect for today I think.

vote ELV

that's an awful hasty vote for jamesbannon, based on a pretty big if.

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 09:50:51 AM
Elv, it's thinker, I would wager serious money that he had already considered how to break his own game format, that is what he does after all.

Tenuous
25 Jun 08, 09:51:50 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with the plan, it was a cunning ploy and I agree with Damian that if there was vote rigging it is unlikely to work again. Certainly I don't think coming up with it is a good reason to FOS ELV.

re ST "if it's only a few votes" ... that would still be too overpowered if it was always available, would swing the endgame wildly in favour of the mafia.

jamesbannon
25 Jun 08, 09:55:57 AM

vote ELV

that's an awful hasty vote for jamesbannon, based on a pretty big if.

Not really. I think it's pretty clear Adam wasn't a Don, so his vote for Spenser was not 1.5 votes; ergo, the voting was rigged. Since ELV came up with the plan, it seems reasonable to conclude, without any further evidence, that he was involved in rigging the vote.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 09:56:57 AM
reasonable to "conclude?" no it doesn't. Do you know what conclude means?

eta and "without further evidence?"

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 09:57:07 AM
True, it would fuck up the endgame.

Anyone think some of the "possible" roles might have vote fucking ability?

- nurse
- deputy
- miller
- vigilante
- serial killer
- siblings/masons
- lovers
- prostitute
- millionaire
- traitor/informant
- plagued villager
- psychiatrist
- ninja
- terrorist

Maybe the Millionaire can buy votes? Maybe the ninja can switch votes? I dunno.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 09:59:13 AM
prostitute/love type can get people to change votes, perhaps.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 10:01:47 AM
Those characters typically have night moves, but Th1nk3r said roles may not be typical.

trillian
25 Jun 08, 10:04:08 AM

Prostitute also makes sense.

It would but I believe the whore came to me last night. The reason I am not sure is that I didnt get any "services", I passed out in an alley as she lured me to her house and woke up with an empty wallet.

I do agree that the vote was screwed up from what we thought should happen. Actually I think its pretty darn obvious that it must have been.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 10:12:40 AM

vote ELV

That is dumb. It is likely that ELV didn't think the vote is rigged. If there is anyone who is pretty much confirmed town at this point it is ELV.

mrickaby
25 Jun 08, 10:16:50 AM
That is dumb. It is likely that ELV didn't think the vote is rigged. If there is anyone who is pretty much confirmed town at this point it is ELV.

That is a pretty quick confirmation of town there. I know you aren't dumb enough to defend fellow scum this blatantly, but I don't really see how the plan from yesterday really confirms ELV as anything at this point.

jamesbannon
25 Jun 08, 10:27:54 AM
reasonable to "conclude?" no it doesn't. Do you know what conclude means?

eta and "without further evidence?"

That's why I added the qualifier "seems". Anyway, let's hear what ELV has to say. It's early in the day yet, so there's plenty of time to change votes as and when required.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 10:36:22 AM

That is a pretty quick confirmation of town there. I know you aren't dumb enough to defend fellow scum this blatantly, but I don't really see how the plan from yesterday really confirms ELV as anything at this point.

Well if he thought that plan was going to work, then it would have been a bold move to propose it if he was scum. Why would he want to out his don? And the likelihood that ELV new that the vote could be fixed, and still came up with that plan as a way to lynch a good guy on day one is very slim in my opinion.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 10:44:22 AM
Well if he thought that plan was going to work, then it would have been a bold move to propose it if he was scum. Why would he want to out his don? And the likelihood that ELV new that the vote could be fixed, and still came up with that plan as a way to lynch a good guy on day one is very slim in my opinion.

I agree it's slim, but it's not a bad WIFOM guess.

He knew it wouldn't work, so he wasn't afraid of outing his Godfather, and it sent the town on a wild goose chase, where he gets to control the actual lynch, and possibly for a several days.
Brilliant! http://img.youtube.com/vi/iWqGLVaITsk/2.jpg

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 10:55:48 AM

I agree it's slim, but it's not a bad WIFOM guess.

He knew it wouldn't work, so he wasn't afraid of outing his Godfather, and it sent the town on a wild goose chase, where he gets to control the actual lynch, and possibly for a several days.
Brilliant! http://img.youtube.com/vi/iWqGLVaITsk/2.jpg

If he pulled that off, and figured it out that quickly, then he almost deserves to win. But if there is anybody I am going to trust right now, it is ELV.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 11:05:43 AM
I do tend to agree that ELV is clear, but I like to throw out all the possibilities.

So, where the fuck is Tears? I want to know the count on Spenser.

Megatron
25 Jun 08, 11:35:00 AM
That shit was bananas.

B A N A N A S!

...and we apparently only get an identity off the lynch? This will be like pulling teeth :/

We definitely need to see the vote counts

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 11:37:20 AM
That shit was bananas.

B A N A N A S!

you are lucky my neg rep button doesn't work.

F A G G O T.

pogo
25 Jun 08, 11:42:38 AM
well basically I think ELV's plan was sound (to the point that we should be trying it again after we have some more information next night). so I do not suspect ELV at this point.
The only unfortunate thing is that we were so bound on the plan yesterday that we did not get too many scum vibes (other than from those people I think of as evil in every game)...

I'll wait for tears to disclose the vote count.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 11:43:05 AM
...and we apparently only get an identity off the lynch? This will be like pulling teeth :/

No, I think Th1nk3r implied that we'll get the NK reports tomorrow along with tonight's lynch.

pogo
25 Jun 08, 11:46:25 AM
one more thing though:
it is a pretty good assumption that tears is the mayor but we have nothing but his word for it. one potential reason that the plan did not go as planned is that tears is not the mayor...

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 11:47:29 AM
one more thing though:
it is a pretty good assumption that tears is the mayor but we have nothing but his word for it. one potential reason that the plan did not go as planned is that tears is not the mayor...

That's true, but that would require both Tears and the real mayor to both be scum. Something else to keep in mind though.

pogo
25 Jun 08, 11:48:43 AM
one more thing though:

That's true, but that would require both Tears and the real mayor to both be scum. Something else to keep in mind though.

after checking I realized that this line of reasoning would make Adam the real mayor (a very unlikely situation)...

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 11:49:51 AM
Then Adam would be the real mayor.

Megatron
25 Jun 08, 12:07:29 PM
Haha, nice

Also, I'm curious why some people are considering ELV cleared... that plan is the perfect thing for someone who can rig votes. It's a null tell at best, definitely doesn't clear him as town, considering what happened.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 12:15:33 PM
Haha, nice

Also, I'm curious why some people are considering ELV cleared... that plan is the perfect thing for someone who can rig votes. It's a null tell at best, definitely doesn't clear him as town, considering what happened.

He is the most likely to be cleared. I didn't see a lot of people coming up with his plan before he did it. And I think it would be a hell of a coincidence that the person who happened to have the vote rig power, also happened to be the one to think of the voting plan. While the plan was simple, it wasn't that obvious. Maybe the fact that he had vote rigging power means that he was more likely to think up plans, I don't know. If I had a vote rig power, I would have saved it to get my Don out of a sticky situation or to eliminate a known special.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 12:49:23 PM
It was a pretty simple plan and I think its pretty clear that the plan would work if there is no screwing around with the voting. What I was thinking yesterday is that in these games if there is one thing that the town can count on, its the lynch. The way voting works has varied, and occasionally there is a guy like Damian-the-Cockroach that can survive a lynch but typically its the one guaranteed weapon that the town has. I expected that this game would be the same and that the we could count on the stated rules governing voting. Whatever happened last night, hopefully th1nk3r accounted for it in some other way.

I thought the plan would work and if it had we would have had an amazing day 1. Even if it didn't work, I still think trying the plan was better than the usual flailing in the dark that happens on day 1.

Also, I can't manipulate votes and I'm not scum. Use a scroll of lie detection on that. :retard:

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 12:52:27 PM
Also, I can't manipulate votes and I'm not scum. Use a scroll of lie detection on that. :retard:

i used a scroll on this and it says he's lying. However, i think it may have confused "i'm not scum" with "i am not a scumbag." My magic is, at times, imperfect.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 12:53:33 PM
Oh shit! I forgot, Luis Garcia contacted me late last night and said that he had some important information for the town. He didn't tell me what it was, I got the impression that he didn't really have any information and that he was just using it as bait to catch scum.

He said that the other people he told were Spenser and ST and to watch out for them if he died.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 01:04:07 PM
orly.

pogo
25 Jun 08, 01:25:42 PM
orly.

ya rly

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 01:31:56 PM
Oh shit! I forgot, Luis Garcia contacted me late last night and said that he had some important information for the town. He didn't tell me what it was, I got the impression that he didn't really have any information and that he was just using it as bait to catch scum.

He said that the other people he told were Spenser and ST and to watch out for them if he died.

Here's the entirety of my chat with LG over day 1. I contacted several people semi-jokingly accusing them of being important mafia figures....

Monday:
4:19 PM me: Vito Corleone, what's happening?
4:20 PM sanzluisgarcia: lol, not much.
me: hah, so you don't deny it?
sanzluisgarcia: haha
4:22 PM you talking to anyone else?
4:23 PM me: sorta. Nobody's really talking though.
sanzluisgarcia: not surprised, too early
me: true.
5 minutes
4:29 PM me: I'm heading out. See ya Vito
4:30 PM sanzluisgarcia: I'd reply, but my cheeks are full of cotton wool
---------------------------
Tuesday:

4:25 PM sanzluisgarcia: hola
4:28 PM you there?
5 minutes
4:33 PM me: getting ready to leave. Wssup?
sanzluisgarcia: you got a cabal going yet?
me: Not really. Everyone seems to be waiting for what happens tonight.
Seems reasonable.
4:34 PM sanzluisgarcia: true.
4:36 PM if one gets going, let me know?
me: sure.
------------

ELV
25 Jun 08, 01:39:40 PM
OK. What do you know about Spenser and ST? Are you the only one that knows the info itself right now? Is it worth risking the info being lost to the town if one of them is scum and they want to take you out?

I haven't told any of you what it is, but if I do get taken out all eyes on those two. How important the info is depends on how the current vote pans out, so I don't know yet.

I can't see that you could be scum and still come up with this plan, so...

I have info town needs to know. I've told this to Spenser and ST and you. If any of you get cabals going get me in, meanwhile if I die you know who I've told

OK. What do you know about Spenser and ST? Are you the only one that knows the info itself right now? Is it worth risking the info being lost to the town if one of them is scum and they want to take you out?

And I don't know anything about those two yet, they're just my normal contacts

This is what LG sent me.

Edit: this way it looks like I PMed him first. He sent me the PM quoted in the second above quote first, I asked him those questions and he sent me two PMs answering. Those are what I've quoted.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 01:41:01 PM
Well that seems pretty useless.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 01:41:41 PM
Oh, and for what it is worth, ST contacted me basically the same way he did luis.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 01:44:36 PM
why are so many people that play this game still half retarded? These complex "i told so and so this and so and so that, if i die, elephants are blue" shitplans never benefit anyone.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 01:46:39 PM
Oh, and for what it is worth, ST contacted me basically the same way he did luis.

Yeah Here's my early Monday chat with PD:

10:27 AM me: Are you Christopher Moltisanti, or Vito Corleone?
11 minutes
10:38 AM Pavlov's: let me check
10:39 AM no
i am not
me: hahaha
good answer

jamesbannon
25 Jun 08, 01:57:12 PM
"Information beneficial to the town" sounds a bit like a fishing exercise to me.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 01:57:47 PM
I can't see that you could be scum and still come up with this plan, so...

I have info town needs to know. I've told this to Spenser and ST and you. If any of you get cabals going get me in, meanwhile if I die you know who I've told

He didn't tell me that he had info, he just told me that if I got a cabal going, to let him know.

What kind of info could a good guy have on day 1? Possibilities
- It's a Th1nk3r game, so maybe he really did have something and for some reason suspects me; if he was sure I was scum like he had a night-0 view, he would certainly have shared that. Clearly he wasn't sure. He FOS'd me & Spenser "if something happens to him".
- Maybe he's scum, and I got super lucky with my guess/accusation (notice he didn't deny it, even when I pointed out that he didn't deny it the first time). If this is the case, hopefully we'll find out tomorrow.
- ELV is lying (ELV and LG were on the same scum team???) --- doubtful, that would be too bold a move for ELV this early in the game.
- ???
- profit.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 01:59:04 PM
I don't know if it means anything, but tenuous also tied me to Spenser on day 1.

Or because you want to derail the chance of a bandwagon on your mafia buddy Spenser who Tears just voted for?

vote Spenser

Cos ST's vote pinged my scumdar and I want to see where this leads.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 02:00:15 PM
Adam had 2.5 votes, btw.

jamesbannon
25 Jun 08, 02:05:23 PM
Either someone transferred their vote to him without his knowing, or he bought an extra 1.5 votes (which would make him the millionaire). I just don't see it likely that he was a don, so I think the first alternative is probably correct.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 02:06:42 PM
Adam had 2.5 votes, btw.

what do you mean, Adam had 2.5 votes? Spenser ended up with 2.5 votes?

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 02:07:08 PM
Adam had 2.5 votes, btw.

Adam, or Spenser?

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 02:13:07 PM
Adam had 2.5 votes, btw.

let me join the spenser or adam chorus

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 02:14:28 PM
2.5 votes on Spenser.

I think Adam was one of the Dons and someone added or switched their vote (maybe the millionaire).

I don't think this tells us much about ELV, but there are several possibilities. I think it's safe to say if ELV is scum he is not with the same family as Adam.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 02:15:38 PM
I think that he meant that Adam cast 2.5 votes.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 02:16:15 PM
This waiting a day to find out (possibly unreliable) shit about the NK victims sux.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 02:16:31 PM
Either someone transferred their vote to him without his knowing, or he bought an extra 1.5 votes (which would make him the millionaire). I just don't see it likely that he was a don, so I think the first alternative is probably correct.

I don't see your reasoning here. Why is it more likely to add 1.5 votes than to add 1? Why is it unlikely that he was a Don?

jamesbannon
25 Jun 08, 02:22:40 PM

I don't see your reasoning here. Why is it more likely to add 1.5 votes than to add 1? Why is it unlikely that he was a Don?

Because he was somehow involved in a hit & that's a soldier's job. He & syd could have been lovers I suppose, but I still think that makes it unlikely he was a don.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 02:22:40 PM
It makes no sense to clear ELV based on this obvious plan. If anything this plan suggests that ELV can manipulate the vote or knows someone who does. Vote manipulation is the kind of thing I see mafia families doing.

My theory is Adam was a Don. ELV is in the other mafia family. ELV is probably telling the truth about not being the one to manipulate the vote, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know who it is. ELV may not even be the one who came up with the plan.

If I'm right, the plan worked out great for us. We caught the Don for one family and a goon for the other.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 02:23:36 PM
adam as a don doesn't make sense to me. It would mean that he knew he was going to be revealed as a don and went calmly to his fate, unless he knew his fellow scum were going to bail him out with a vote rig. If that's the case, they would've just thrown their vote on someone else to bring them to 2.0, which would avoid implicating adam altogether.

If Tears is telling the truth, it would make much more sense if Adam were not a don, and 1.5 votes were added on top of him.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 02:24:25 PM
It makes no sense to clear ELV based on this obvious plan.

If it was that obvious then how come nobody else thought of it?

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 02:26:18 PM
I don't know why we should assume Adam was don. I agree with damian's reasoning.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 02:27:19 PM
ELV may not even be the one who came up with the plan.

I object to that. :colbert:

(I also object to being called scum, but thats just standard mafia stuff)

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 02:28:25 PM
I think that we have no reason to think that 1 was shifted instead of 1.5

mrickaby
25 Jun 08, 02:29:26 PM
Well, at least this day is more interesting than day 1.

I kind of doubt Adam is the don, what happened with the 2.5 votes and his death last night makes it more unlikely. More likely I think is that whoever was able to manipulate the vote saw him as a tool to be able to get rid of Spenser on day 1. It would be interesting to look at the other obvious characters and consider who voted for them, as those might be possible scum that were being protected by choosing Spenser as the target for the lynch.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 02:29:34 PM
also, vote control seems like a very likely don power, along with cat stroking.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 02:30:59 PM
How do you guys think the vote manipulation works? I would think it would be more likely that a single vote would be moved than 1.5 votes. The ways I can think 1.5 votes would be moved is if a Don has the extra ability to "throw" his votes or if some scum player has the ability to move votes around.

If its the Don, that seems like a lot of power, and if its a different scum player, why would he choose to move his Don's vote instead of a regular vote? 2 votes would have won the election just the same and wouldn't involve his Don at all.

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 02:31:52 PM
lol

What about the millionaire?

Buying votes would make sense.

Maybe each don can shift votes as well.

Maybe one don shifted a 1 vote and the other shifted a 1.5 vote; that would make it possible for no tie on day 1.

Tenuous
25 Jun 08, 02:32:27 PM
Hmm, well if it was 2.5 votes I'd say that makes him a don. Can't see a special "add 1.5 votes" power being very likely.

In which case, the plan kind of worked, and I think we should do it again tonight. We'll either get the other don or the info that the scum can manipulate the vote by 1 every day and we can plan accordingly. We don't want to get caught out by something like that in the end game.

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 02:33:19 PM
My lol was in reference to damian's cat stroking.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 02:34:01 PM
Also, if Adam was the don, then I don't think he would have been sos' lover, or the prostitute, or any type vig/assasin/spy type character. The don should be chilling at his home eating spaghetti or whatever those dirty I-ties do.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 02:34:08 PM
I don't think we should assume anything. I'm just putting ideas out.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 02:38:48 PM

This is stupid. How can anyone else come up with it after the first person?

If ELV hadn't come up with it somebody else probably would have, especially someone whose team can manipulate votes.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 02:41:39 PM
...and let's not pass up the possibility that the plan actually worked. Adam was the Don, Spense died with 1.5 votes, Tears is the other Don, and set up all the vote switching theories to make himself look innocent.

-- before the lynch went down in a PM to me.

He's definitely up to something but he won't get away with unvote = no lynch. My guess is someone can manipulate the votecount in some way.

-- after the lynch went down

Anyone who thinks the vote wasn't altered is a fucking moron.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 02:43:01 PM

It was not like he came up with on page one, or 10 minutes after the thread was opened. I think that if it was an obvious plan that everybody would have been for it, and even after he proposed it, people were still not sure if it would work. It was a simple plan, but it obviously wasn't obvious.

If ELV hadn't come up with it somebody else probably would have, especially someone whose team can manipulate votes.

Well, you were posting hours before he came up with it. If it was so obvious why didn't you come up with it first?

mrickaby
25 Jun 08, 02:43:35 PM
How do you guys think the vote manipulation works?

I don't know. Why don't you tell us how it works rather than us guessing at it.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 02:46:43 PM
Well, first ...

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 02:47:56 PM
If the vote manipulation is done by one of the families, we won't catch the other Don by doing it again.

The only way the plan would work is if that was a one-time ability.

In any case, I think we should wait until we find out about Adam before we try the same thing again. All we know now is that someone can manipulate the vote.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 02:50:20 PM
In any case, I think we should wait until we find out about Adam before we try the same thing again. All we know now is that someone can manipulate the vote.

We don't know that. You could be the other Don. Please acknowledge that is a possibility with the info the town has.

Only you know the true vote count on Spenser.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 02:51:04 PM
We can't vote no lynch, so we will have to figure something out before it gets too close to the end.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 02:51:50 PM
we're probably not going to learn jack shit about Adam because we're going to get conflicting reports.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 02:52:39 PM
We can't vote no lynch, so we will have to figure something out before it gets too close to the end.

i vote we either lynch PD or do the same thing we did yesterday.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 02:53:44 PM
Tears also posted this yesterday:

I think th1nk3r is up to something. I bet someone has an ability that modifies votes.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 02:54:16 PM

i vote we either lynch PD or do the same thing we did yesterday.

If those are the options, I am going to have to chose do the same thing we did yesterday.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 02:55:20 PM

We have 25 hours to go, don't we?

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 02:55:35 PM

It was not like he came up with on page one, or 10 minutes after the thread was opened. I think that if it was an obvious plan that everybody would have been for it, and even after he proposed it, people were still not sure if it would work. It was a simple plan, but it obviously wasn't obvious.

Well, you were posting hours before he came up with it. If it was so obvious why didn't you come up with it first?

I didn't know someone could alter the votes.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 02:57:22 PM

We have 25 hours to go, don't we?

I think so.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 02:58:17 PM

So?

ELV
25 Jun 08, 02:59:51 PM
What chances do you guys give Tears being a Don and hes been trying to cover his ass starting yesterday and continuing today?

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 03:07:08 PM
If anyone thinks we should try it again, I'd like to hear their scenario of how that could possibly work.

Does anyone really think the votes are pure?

Th1nk3r said yesterday that his setup doesn't have a flaw and a tie was unlikely. Then the votes were counted on a Diebold machine and there was no tie. Spenser had 2.5 votes. Someone can alter the vote-count and they are almost certainly not town. Do we really want the scum to choose our lynch every night? I guess the scum do (or half of them anyway).

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 03:10:20 PM

So?

You are not this stupid.

vote Pavlov's Dog

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 03:10:38 PM
What chances do you guys give Tears being a Don and hes been trying to cover his ass starting yesterday and continuing today?

It makes as much sense as anything else. The fact that he hasn't even acknowledged the possibility (and that reasonable town players should consider it) sure set off my scumdar.

vote Tears.

I'm not saying it's the only possibility, but it makes as much sense as anything else.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 03:16:47 PM
Th1nk3r said yesterday that his setup doesn't have a flaw and a tie was unlikely.

According to you.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 03:17:13 PM

So?

You are not this stupid.

vote Pavlov's Dog

Why would only someone that can alter votes come up with the "obvious" plan? Do you know what the word obvious means?

I am not going to vote yet, but Tears is at the top of my list.

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 03:17:37 PM
I don't think this is helping much.

vote, black badger to increase participation.

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 03:20:24 PM
Th1nk3r said yesterday that his setup doesn't have a flaw and a tie was unlikely.

According to you.

Thinker also said it to me in a pm. I sent him a pm fishing for info saying that I was unsurprised by the lack of a tie. He said that something like that had to be in the game otherwise it could be broken.

But it has been my opinion even before that because thinker is thinker.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 03:22:15 PM
I don't know if I'm comfortable with Pavlov making this many posts supporting my general position. :retard:

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 03:22:56 PM
we're probably not going to learn jack shit about Adam because we're going to get conflicting reports.

Yeah but the reporters work for particular newspapers so we should be able to separate bullshit from real.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 03:22:57 PM
PD is scum. I'm sure of it. I also suspect SkepticTank and ELV.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 03:23:18 PM
I don't know if I'm comfortable with Pavlov making this many posts supporting my general position. :retard:

Not being comfortable with Pavlov making that many posts supporting your general position is a scum tell.

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 03:23:37 PM
speaking of black badger he read the thread but didnt bother to post.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 03:24:59 PM

That's stupid. There's plenty of potential scum targets, and you pick on him?

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 03:25:11 PM

That is it. Game over. Tears has figured out that everyone who disagrees with him or thinks he is scum is scum. Looks like the town has won again. Good job Tears.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 03:25:42 PM

Well it is suspicious that he viewed the thread, but didn't post.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 03:25:59 PM

btw, this is jacey:

http://www.chsforever.org/Images/Black%20Panther%202.jpg

Black Badger
25 Jun 08, 03:30:50 PM

Here's a post.

:jerkoff:

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 03:37:00 PM
And now I am more suspicious of you, showing up only to defend yourself is bad for the town and a mafia strategy.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 03:37:54 PM

That is it. Game over. Tears has figured out that everyone who disagrees with him or thinks he is scum is scum. Looks like the town has won again. Good job Tears.

Yeah, finding one mafioso early is game over. :rolleyes:

ELV
25 Jun 08, 03:38:32 PM
being beyelzu is a scum tell :shifty:

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 03:38:43 PM

No reason, I don't think tears is particularly scummy, but I am also unsure of all of his list of suspects. I think elv was trying to be clever but thinker anticipated it. So, I wanted to shift gears to get more participation.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 03:40:10 PM
why don't you guys just all vote for PD and thank me later?

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 03:55:57 PM

No reason, I don't think tears is particularly scummy, but I am also unsure of all of his list of suspects. I think elv was trying to be clever but thinker anticipated it. So, I wanted to shift gears to get more participation.

PD is scum.

I'm suspicious of ST and ELV but I could be wrong.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 03:58:42 PM
OK Tears, pretend I'm a retard (I pretty much am, apparently). Spell out the case against PD.

jamesbannon
25 Jun 08, 04:14:48 PM
Same here. Let's hear it. Right now, Tears is at the top of my list.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 04:17:29 PM
OK Tears, pretend I'm a retard (I pretty much am, apparently). Spell out the case against PD.

btw, I want to point out that I find pavlov somewhat scummy myself. I'm wary any time that Pavlov posts more than twice in one day and I think I'm on record somewhere (in some recent previous game) of stating essentially that.

But I want to hear it in Tears' words, not least of all because I suspect Tears also and I want to learn more about where he stands.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 04:23:43 PM

Spenser over IM yesterday was pretty suspicious of PD, and i generally trust his mafia reads, as well as his admin decisions. PD's gentle nudges away from the plan and toward Tears set off my scumdar. PD is not gentle.

vote PD

here is my reasoning from page 1.

Additional reason was from his "tell me what to do, and i'll do it" attitude from yesterday, and how much he's posting, as ELV pointed out. There are a number of things that lead to my suspicions.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 04:43:03 PM
PD has been more vocal than usual as others have noted.

Another thing is him supporting a th1nk3resque plan. PD is always the guy who questions people's plans.

Then he continues to support the plan, even after it obviously didn't work.

Then he plays dumb about a bunch of things.

Anyone who knows th1nk3r knows it's not a good idea to try to break his games. He keeps us in the dark about how things work and usually anticipates obvious things like this. I expressed my doubts yesterday, but went along with it because it was day one and I figured we would at least gain valuable information. We did. We learned that someone can alter the votecount.

I don't see how anyone could think continuing this way is a good idea. Even if the person who adjusts the votes is pro-town, I'm not comfortable handing over the town's lynching capabilities to one unknown person. I especially don't like the possibility of letting scum choose the lynch.

The fact that they chose Spenser leans more toward scum. We lost a good player and our vig. I don't think a townie would have chosen Spenser for the Day 1 lynch.

It's also stupid at best to think the reason there was no tie is because I am the other Don. It's a possibility worth mentioning, but there is no evidence to support that theory.

The fact that Spenser was lynched with 2.5 votes suggests that Adam was a Don. You only have my word for that, but there is no reason to doubt that the vote has been manipulated.

FOS: ST, jamesbannon, ELV

ELV seems more villagery than the others, but he did come up with the plan.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 04:49:01 PM
why don't you guys just all vote for PD and thank me later?

:imaginarymark:

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 04:51:22 PM
PD has been more vocal than usual as others have noted.

People pretty much say that every game. It is funny how I am always more vocal than usual.

Another thing is him supporting a th1nk3resque plan. PD is always the guy who questions people's plans.

It is not a thinkeresque type plan. This one was based on logic. But you will note that I seriously questioned the plan, before going along with it. I didn't jump on it right away like others.

Then he continues to support the plan, even after it obviously didn't work.

Wrong again. I said the plan didn't work and that we should lynch you.

Anyone who knows th1nk3r knows it's not a good idea to try to break his games.

That sounded almost as good as the first time I said it.

I expressed my doubts yesterday, but went along with it because it was day one and I figured we would at least gain valuable information. We did. We learned that someone can alter the votecount.

I expressed my doubts today and yesterday.

I don't see how anyone could think continuing this way is a good idea.

Then why aren't you voting for damian. He was the one who said that. I said if the only two options were vote for me or continue with the plan, then I vote we continue with the plan.

It's also stupid at best to think the reason there was no tie is because I am the other Don. It's a possibility worth mentioning, but there is no evidence to support that theory.

That theory has more evidence than your theory against me ST, and ELV.

Anyway, since you are being obviously misleading about me: vote Tears

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 04:51:54 PM
A lot of people are viewing the thread (including 2 who are invisible) and not posting.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 04:53:17 PM
What is even more ironic is damian is voting for me, because I apparently was gently nudging away from the plan, and Tears is voting for me because I support the plan. The person telling the truth here is damian. But I have no reason why wanting to get away from the plan makes me scum.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 05:46:23 PM
I just reread the thread.

I don't think ELV's plan clears him or implicates him. By tone, he seems town so I'm unFOSing him for now.

I found something odd. Early on damian suggests lynching me and continuing with the plan, then he FOSes PD for suggesting to lynch me. I think damian is scum.

I'm not so sure about PD any more. I think he and damian are both scum but in different families.

I'm considering outing my role so I can clarify some other info.

In response to ST, I have acknowledged the possibility that the lack of a tie could be due to me being a Don. You only have my word (and beyelzu's too, I guess) for what th1nk3r said and on the votecount, but the Diebold machines and the votecount being hidden make it pretty obvious that something is up.

There is no reason to lynch me at this point.

The 2.5 votes tells me Adam was most likely a Don. Apparently someone else thought so too since he was hit. The argument that he can't be a Don because he was involved in a hit is weak. We have no reason to think he was performing a kill. Sonofsyd could have been a prostitute who targetted Adam. Either one of them (more likely Adam) could have been the target of the bomb kill.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 05:49:21 PM
Also, beyelzu is making way too much sense to me. I don't know if that makes me want to FOS him or myself.

jamesbannon
25 Jun 08, 06:05:54 PM
I'm at a loss to understand where the FOS on me is coming from, but whatever! If Tears isn't lying about the number of votes Adam had, where did he get the other one from? And why just go blithely along with the plan? I don't get it unless someone screwed with the voting and the only persons that would be would be the millionaire or one of the dons as they are the only ones with the political clout to pull off that kind of stunt.

I suppose it's possible the Syd might have been a prostitute, but according to th1nk3r's rules that would make Syd the target. The same goes for Adam being the prostitute. At least that's how I read the prostitute's role description at game start.

cockrell
25 Jun 08, 06:05:54 PM
just posting to say I really don't know what's going on v:retard:v

Matt
25 Jun 08, 06:08:41 PM
just posting to say I really don't know what's going on v:retard:v
this.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 06:20:19 PM
I'm at a loss to understand where the FOS on me is coming from, but whatever! If Tears isn't lying about the number of votes Adam had, where did he get the other one from? And why just go blithely along with the plan? I don't get it unless someone screwed with the voting and the only persons that would be would be the millionaire or one of the dons as they are the only ones with the political clout to pull off that kind of stunt.

I suppose it's possible the Syd might have been a prostitute, but according to th1nk3r's rules that would make Syd the target. The same goes for Adam being the prostitute. At least that's how I read the prostitute's role description at game start.

It's pretty obvious someone messed with the vote.

meh, my FOS of you is weak. A lot of what you've said doesn't make much sense, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I tend to suspect people who suspect me. I need to adjust for that.

jamesbannon
25 Jun 08, 06:29:09 PM
Well, I guess we'll see what the reporters say tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have a better idea of what went down then.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 06:36:47 PM
It seems most of this game is going on in PMs and I'm not invited.

Fuck all of you.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 06:40:12 PM
I'll PM with you :mason:

plaridel
25 Jun 08, 06:45:57 PM
so we're not going with the plan anymore?

vote Tears what PD said.

Reign_Cryogen
25 Jun 08, 06:50:23 PM

Here's a post.

:jerkoff:This is why I usually leave a browser window up and in the game thread on another box: to screw with the morons who get all bent out of shape over "viewing but not posting!"

Also, PD white knighting ELV is hilarious. You go, girl!

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 07:02:35 PM
I found something odd. Early on damian suggests lynching me and continuing with the plan, then he FOSes PD for suggesting to lynch me. I think damian is scum.

I'm not so sure about PD any more. I think he and damian are both scum but in different families.

Ha. I clearly stated my reasons for both, and why i changed my mind. Nice try though.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 07:13:25 PM
A lot of what you've said doesn't make much sense, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

That is pretty much standard for bannon.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 07:39:09 PM
Sonofsyd could have been a prostitute who targetted Adam. Either one of them (more likely Adam) could have been the target of the bomb kill.

Adam was not the target of the kill. SoS's bedroom was esploded. Adam was collateral damage.

sonofsyd's bedroom was apparently rocked by an explosion, but upon entering the house, the crime squad strangely found the body of Adam also.

In response to ST, I have acknowledged the possibility that the lack of a tie could be due to me being a Don. You only have my word (and beyelzu's too, I guess) for what th1nk3r said and on the votecount, but the Diebold machines and the votecount being hidden make it pretty obvious that something is up.

Thank you for at least acknowledging that. If the vote count was not messed with, that is, in fact, the only logical explanation. And your actions before and sense the lynch (including your hypothetically lying about the count on Spenser) would be a perfectly reasonable play for you.

I'm not convinced one way or the other just yet.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 07:54:47 PM
Why did I not suggest the same plan ELV did, even though it is obvious?

For one thing, it wasn't in my interest, being scum and all.

When I said I was sure PD was scum, it was because I was pretty confident in my read of him and I was setting up for a cop claim. If I got a lot of heat, I was going to claim cop and say I viewed him as scum. If I was right, I would be in a fairly good position.

After rereading, I'm not so sure any more, but the main reason I changed my mind is something different.

Fuck you, Corleones! I want out.

I am the Corleone family prostitute. Adam was the Don. He was also my only contact. No one else has contacted me today, so I don't know who any of them are, but I think beyelzu might be one.

I win with the Corleones, but that doesn't matter. I'm not someone's bitch. I'm not going to try to help people win when I don't even know who any of them are. I'm not going to sit here and wait for you motherfuckers to call on me at your convenience.

That's why I mentioned not being included in PMs. If I'm not involved, I'm not with them.

I am playing for the town now. I count as town as far as numbers go. I am a role-blocker. I blocked Jacey last night. I want the town to win, but I'll favor the Sopranos over the Corleones.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 08:04:00 PM
lol

ELV
25 Jun 08, 08:06:22 PM
Was 2.5 the correct vote count for Adam?

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 08:06:25 PM
sure looks like scum taking a fall to me. For who though? PD, maybe?

Guess we'll have to find out another time.

unvote PD, vote Tears.

ELV
25 Jun 08, 08:07:55 PM
It certainly is an odd scenario to do that in. Its not like Pavlov was in any imminent danger just before this.

cockrell
25 Jun 08, 08:07:57 PM
:owned:

ELV
25 Jun 08, 08:09:33 PM
Tears is a mafia diva.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 08:11:46 PM
sure looks like scum taking a fall to me. For who though? PD, maybe?

Guess we'll have to find out another time.

unvote PD, vote Tears.

Too late, motherfucker. You had all day.

unvote; vote damian

ELV
25 Jun 08, 08:13:24 PM
This certainly is an interesting ploy :retard:

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 08:20:13 PM
Tears is a mafia diva.

I don't get to be scum very often and this is the second time I've been left out of the plotting. Fuck that.

By the way, not contacting me sounds like damian's paranoia. I'm pretty sure he's Corleone.

Lynching me would be stupid. Make the Corleones kill me. I can verify my role. Anyone who knows me should realize I'm 100% honest here.

damian knows I'm not taking a fall for PD. That scenario isn't even plausible.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 08:23:58 PM
This certainly is an interesting ploy :retard:

You're not supposed to edit your posts. What did it say?

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 08:28:41 PM
By the way, not contacting me sounds like damian's paranoia. I'm pretty sure he's Corleone.

lol

ELV
25 Jun 08, 08:28:44 PM
i made a typo that prevented the smiley from working. i found it funny because it was a retarded typo in the retard smiley

jamesbannon
25 Jun 08, 08:33:35 PM
Tears is a mafia diva.

I don't get to be scum very often and this is the second time I've been left out of the plotting. Fuck that.

Lynching me would be stupid. Make the Corleones kill me. I can verify my role. Anyone who knows me should realize I'm 100% honest here.

damian knows I'm not taking a fall for PD. That scenario isn't even plausible.

We'll find out soon enough I reckon, you're dead either way.

I say we don't lynch Tears today and see if he gets hit. That will confirm if he's telling the truth.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 08:35:09 PM
how will it confirm anything?

pogo
25 Jun 08, 08:41:37 PM
this doesn't make sense. this does not sound like tears.. and to get that pissed off on day 2 - I don't buy it.

Pavlov's Dog
25 Jun 08, 08:49:41 PM
Actually, this does kind of sound like Tears. He hates being scum and he hates having to lie.

the WORST elf
25 Jun 08, 08:58:57 PM
this doesn't make sense. this does not sound like tears.. and to get that pissed off on day 2 - I don't buy it.

have you ever played with tears before?

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 09:00:46 PM
Even disregarding Pavlov's point, there isn't really an alternative explanation to me telling the truth here. If I was regular scum, I would have just gone with a cop claim. If I was independent, I wouldn't have outed at all and outing as independent would be better anyway. If I was town, I wouldn't lie.

I can verify my role-block ability. Jacey might be able to verify it now.
Even if you think I'm scum trying to survive, this claim would be pointless since there is no way I am surviving to end-game now.

That I am telling the truth is the only thing that makes sense.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 09:05:39 PM
By the way, If the cop views me, he gets my alignment and my target's alignment.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 09:13:03 PM

I'm not all that pissed off, this is just how I'd rather play it. The cop thing would have been more fun but I don't like being out of the loop.

trillian
25 Jun 08, 09:24:14 PM
Tears- what makes you think you can just change your role and play for the town? I dont think you can just declare that you count for the town and switch sides like that just because you are pissed at your team. So whether or not you speak truth.....

vote: Tears

One thing you have confirmed though is that there are at least 2 prostitutes since I heard elsewhere that jacey had also been visited by one- and I assume that would be you. It makes sense that each family has one.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 09:34:52 PM
Tears- what makes you think you can just change your role and play for the town? I dont think you can just declare that you count for the town and switch sides like that just because you are pissed at your team. So whether or not you speak truth.....

vote: Tears

One thing you have confirmed though is that there are at least 2 prostitutes since I heard elsewhere that jacey had also been visited by one- and I assume that would be you. It makes sense that each family has one.

I didn't say I can change anything. I don't know where you got that.

It's obvious you're not town, btw.

trillian
25 Jun 08, 09:42:17 PM

I am playing for the town now. I count as town as far as numbers go. That sure sounded like you think you can change things.

btw your scumdar needs repair.

Reign_Cryogen
25 Jun 08, 09:52:26 PM
I'm tempted to agree with letting Tears go to see if he's taken out by his family.

Then again. What if he's not? Does it mean shit?

Leaning toward voting Tears, but going to ponder it a bit more.

Black Badger
25 Jun 08, 10:40:03 PM
vote Tears

Nice of him to turn a confusing thread into easy mode.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 11:09:41 PM

I am playing for the town now. I count as town as far as numbers go. That sure sounded like you think you can change things.

btw your scumdar needs repair.

I can choose how to play. Try to stop me.

My scumdar doesn't need repair. I think you are anti-town because you are making an anti-town play. If I'm wrong about you, it's not my scumdar that's off but your play.

Tears On My Dong
25 Jun 08, 11:15:49 PM
I'm tempted to agree with letting Tears go to see if he's taken out by his family.

Then again. What if he's not? Does it mean shit?

Leaning toward voting Tears, but going to ponder it a bit more.

Well, since I am going to be using my role-blocking ability for the town and I count as town for victory conditions, it seems pretty stupid to lynch me now. You can always lynch me later if necessary. It's not like there's anything I can do.

mrickaby
26 Jun 08, 04:11:19 AM
This is either Tears with a brilliant plan, or Tears just blowing up on the game. Not sure which way to go with it yet.

The upside of leaving him alive is that he is telling the truth and will play on the side of the town.

The downside is that he is lying, is normal scum, and is using this to keep himself alive. Saying that a cop investigating him will get two roles is an interesting play, could be that he has the ability to actually kill anyone investigating him and is trying to entice a view.

jamesbannon
26 Jun 08, 04:44:11 AM
I think keeping Tears alive might be a good idea as he can role block. However, before I vote for someone else, I would like an explanation from him on how he thinks the voting went down.

plaridel
26 Jun 08, 05:56:32 AM
Wow. This is interesting.

unvote

Megatron
26 Jun 08, 06:36:37 AM
This shit's just getting weirder and weirder.

Tears On My Dong
26 Jun 08, 06:57:39 AM
I think keeping Tears alive might be a good idea as he can role block. However, before I vote for someone else, I would like an explanation from him on how he thinks the voting went down.

Well, since Spenser had 2.5 votes, that is obviously 1.5 from Adam aka Vito Corleone and one from someone else.

Possibilities include:
- a one-time ability to add a vote
- the ability to secretly change ones vote
- the ability to secretly add a vote

Anyone else can speculate as well as I can. The only thing we know for sure is it wasn't a Corleone. I assume it's a Soprano. I still think there's a decent chance ELV had something to do with it.

The Corleones were sweating about this. Adam knew he was fucked. It's kind of weird that he was killed, since he was an easy lynch anyway.

Tears On My Dong
26 Jun 08, 07:11:39 AM
This is either Tears with a brilliant plan, or Tears just blowing up on the game. Not sure which way to go with it yet.

The upside of leaving him alive is that he is telling the truth and will play on the side of the town.

The downside is that he is lying, is normal scum, and is using this to keep himself alive. Saying that a cop investigating him will get two roles is an interesting play, could be that he has the ability to actually kill anyone investigating him and is trying to entice a view.

I don't expect to live to endgame. I need to die at some point. Ideally I can annoy the Corleones enough for them to waste a nightkill on me so I don't have to be lynched.

Worst case scenario is town wastes a lynch on me, but there is no benefit to doing it early instead of later.

I wasn't suggesting to be viewed. That doesn't actually gain any information. Everyone knows I'm scum. I was just saying how it works. If the cop views me or my target, he finds out we were in bed together and gets our alignments. If I roleblock the cop, I get arrested and released and the cop gets my identity.

My alignment is scum. I win with the Corleones. I count as town for numbers. I role-block one person each night. I'm offering to work with the town. I'm not asking for anything in return.

I have nothing to gain or lose here. I'm playing to lose and I'm playing to die. If the town doesn't want my help, I can just suicide.

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 07:16:54 AM
Also, beyelzu is making way too much sense to me. I don't know if that makes me want to FOS him or myself.

Sorry I am making sense, but it is all about the natural evolution of my play style.

I will try to be more erratic in the future.

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 07:22:56 AM

Here's a post.

:jerkoff:This is why I usually leave a browser window up and in the game thread on another box: to screw with the morons who get all bent out of shape over "viewing but not posting!"

Also, PD white knighting ELV is hilarious. You go, girl!

I am actually more suspicious of him now, I mean that's it, he is just going to jack off, thanks for the input black badger.

but reading and not posting is suspicious to me.

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 07:26:33 AM
as an aside tears, I am not mob, why do you suspect me?

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 07:28:29 AM
Even disregarding Pavlov's point, there isn't really an alternative explanation to me telling the truth here. If I was regular scum, I would have just gone with a cop claim. If I was independent, I wouldn't have outed at all and outing as independent would be better anyway. If I was town, I wouldn't lie.

I can verify my role-block ability. Jacey might be able to verify it now.
Even if you think I'm scum trying to survive, this claim would be pointless since there is no way I am surviving to end-game now.

That I am telling the truth is the only thing that makes sense.

Jacey told me yesterday that he was prostituted on night one.

SkepticTank
26 Jun 08, 07:41:40 AM
Don't forget that as long as Tears is Mayor he gets 2 votes, and he's the only one who knows the true votecount on the lynch victim.

I can't trust a known scum with that much power. My vote stays on him.

Pavlov's Dog
26 Jun 08, 07:43:51 AM
Don't forget that as long as Tears is Mayor he gets 2 votes, and he's the only one who knows the true votecount on the lynch victim.

I can't trust a known scum with that much power. My vote stays on him.

That is a good point, plus the lack of other potential lynch victims. Does anybody have any other solid ideas?

the WORST elf
26 Jun 08, 07:45:29 AM
the only way i'm not voting for tears is if we all vote for PD instead. I'm not going to kill and unknown to save an admitted scum.

Pavlov's Dog
26 Jun 08, 07:47:15 AM
the only way i'm not voting for tears is if we all vote for PD instead. I'm not going to kill and unknown to save an admitted scum.

Would somebody view me, so damian will stop making a fool out of himself? Other than that, I agree with him.

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 07:50:01 AM
I dunno, a known scum who has rejected his side seems to be the kind of player to keep around.

Why would tears lie?

the WORST elf
26 Jun 08, 07:50:28 AM
don't fall for his dirty tricks. He's probably a prostitute and views as town or something.

the WORST elf
26 Jun 08, 07:51:00 AM
I dunno, a known scum who has rejected his side seems to be the kind of player to keep around.

Why would tears lie?

here is another reason to vote for tears.

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 07:52:18 AM

Why would tears lie?

here is another reason to vote for tears.

What?

the WORST elf
26 Jun 08, 07:52:59 AM
what?

ELV
26 Jun 08, 07:56:48 AM
Why did I not suggest the same plan ELV did, even though it is obvious?

For one thing, it wasn't in my interest, being scum and all.

When I said I was sure PD was scum, it was because I was pretty confident in my read of him and I was setting up for a cop claim. If I got a lot of heat, I was going to claim cop and say I viewed him as scum. If I was right, I would be in a fairly good position.

After rereading, I'm not so sure any more, but the main reason I changed my mind is something different.

Fuck you, Corleones! I want out.

I am the Corleone family prostitute. Adam was the Don. He was also my only contact. No one else has contacted me today, so I don't know who any of them are, but I think beyelzu might be one.

I win with the Corleones, but that doesn't matter. I'm not someone's bitch. I'm not going to try to help people win when I don't even know who any of them are. I'm not going to sit here and wait for you motherfuckers to call on me at your convenience.

That's why I mentioned not being included in PMs. If I'm not involved, I'm not with them.

I am playing for the town now. I count as town as far as numbers go. I am a role-blocker. I blocked Jacey last night. I want the town to win, but I'll favor the Sopranos over the Corleones.

That last line in Tears' post is pretty important also. I think the Sopranos are probably more of a threat right now anyway, since (if Tears is telling the truth) the Corleones lost their Don and a special role is working against them while as far as we know all the Sopranos are still around.

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 07:58:02 AM
what?

I do not understand how my post is a reason to lynch tears.

Would you please elucidate your point further?

Pavlov's Dog
26 Jun 08, 07:59:22 AM

Why would tears lie?

Then who else would you suggest we vote for?

Pavlov's Dog
26 Jun 08, 08:00:06 AM
don't fall for his dirty tricks. He's probably a prostitute and views as town or something.

Your mom is probably a prostitute.

Tenuous
26 Jun 08, 08:01:22 AM
While it's certainly in keeping with Tears' previous play to do something like this (in a previous game as scum he got so wound up about people voting for him that he voted for himself in the last seconds even though if he'd voted for the other chap the scum would've won that night), I don't think there's any way we can trust him, and he's certainly a safer choice for lynch than anyone else atm. Worst case we hit an admitted scum, best case he is actually a don.

vote Tears

How do we select a new mayor though, is it a secret vote again or not?

the WORST elf
26 Jun 08, 08:02:29 AM
what?

:colbert:

th1nk3r
26 Jun 08, 08:03:04 AM

Yep, secret vote, same as the first time. Matt breaks the tie.

Remember that the votes are still counted by the Diebold machine :five:

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 08:03:40 AM

Why would tears lie?

Then who else would you suggest we vote for?

I still like black badger, he doesnt post, when called on it he offers nothing, when tears out he votes tears with little comment.

standard flying under the radar scum action.

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 08:04:35 AM
what?

:colbert:

Wow, thanks, damian, that was indeed very enlightening, I stand corrected, sir.

Furthermore, I would like to apologize for ever doubting your most impressive logic.

Tenuous
26 Jun 08, 08:04:43 AM

That last line in Tears' post is pretty important also. I think the Sopranos are probably more of a threat right now anyway, since (if Tears is telling the truth) the Corleones lost their Don and a special role is working against them while as far as we know all the Sopranos are still around.

Well, assuming Tears is truthful, that would imply that the Sopranos are the ones with the vote rig power, and that they chose to use it to hit Spenser and frame Adam. It was just coincidence that Adam was actually a don anyway.

jamesbannon
26 Jun 08, 08:04:49 AM

Well, since Spenser had 2.5 votes, that is obviously 1.5 from Adam aka Vito Corleone and one from someone else.

Possibilities include:

Anyone else can speculate as well as I can. The only thing we know for sure is it wasn't a Corleone. I assume it's a Soprano. I still think there's a decent chance ELV had something to do with it.

The Corleones were sweating about this. Adam knew he was fucked. It's kind of weird that he was killed, since he was an easy lynch anyway.
What I want to know is where did the extra vote(s) come from. It might well be that th1nk3r had some devious ploy, but he wouldn't just hand a don to us on a plate. Somebody either switched or bought votes somehow to finger Adam for lynching Spenser. The hit was also unusual. If it wasn't a mafia hit, then that means that one of the families had no hit last night & the only way that makes sense is if it was a recruiting move that went wrong.

Reign_Cryogen
26 Jun 08, 08:04:51 AM
Fuck it. Unless someone comes up with something better, vote: Tears

SkepticTank
26 Jun 08, 08:06:09 AM
Matt breaks the tie.

Why Matt?

SkepticTank
26 Jun 08, 08:06:57 AM
Well, assuming Tears is truthful...

That's a big assumption since he's admitted scum.

Pavlov's Dog
26 Jun 08, 08:07:47 AM
Matt breaks the tie.

Why Matt?

Tears picked him as his vice mayor, or something.

jamesbannon
26 Jun 08, 08:07:53 AM
Matt breaks the tie.

Why Matt?

Tears named him as proxy if he got lynched / killed.

mrickaby
26 Jun 08, 08:08:34 AM
Tears:

Out of curiousity, if you are being truthful and Adam was indeed the Corleone don, what was he doing in SoS's bedroom last night? That does not seem like the kind of thing a don would be doing.

Tenuous
26 Jun 08, 08:11:25 AM

Yep, secret vote, same as the first time. Matt breaks the tie.

Remember that the votes are still counted by the Diebold machine :five:

Well, we could as a town avoid any vote rigging influence by having a public vote now, and all abiding by the decision in our secret votes even if it wasn't our personal first choice.

So to kick things off, I'll go first ... I'd like to see Damian or ELV as mayor, they've been the most active and least scummy IMO.

vote ELV

Cos I think Damian might face more opposition.

SkepticTank
26 Jun 08, 08:11:47 AM
What I want to know is where did the extra vote(s) come from. It might well be that th1nk3r had some devious ploy, but he wouldn't just hand a don to us on a plate.

Of it could be that Tears is lying his ass off and there was no "extra" vote. We won't know shit until we see the paper tomorrow morning.

ELV
26 Jun 08, 08:23:27 AM

Well, assuming Tears is truthful, that would imply that the Sopranos are the ones with the vote rig power, and that they chose to use it to hit Spenser and frame Adam. It was just coincidence that Adam was actually a don anyway.

The special I was talking about is Tears. So they're down a don & a prostitute, and the town/Sopranos are up a prostitute.

Jacey
26 Jun 08, 08:24:15 AM
Tears is screwing up the game. If he's being legit he's only showing why Adam was smrt not to clue him in. He's always claimed to want the town to win in the past, you don't win with the town, dude. If he's being coy then it's a neat play, but I don't think he is.

Screw it, I'm not voting, I have no actions, I'm going to flirt with trillian. Later.

Reign_Cryogen
26 Jun 08, 08:27:05 AM
What I want to know is where did the extra vote(s) come from. It might well be that th1nk3r had some devious ploy, but he wouldn't just hand a don to us on a plate.

Of it could be that Tears is lying his ass off and there was no "extra" vote. We won't know shit until we see the paper tomorrow morning.If the reporters are worth a damn.

SkepticTank
26 Jun 08, 08:27:18 AM
So to kick things off, I'll go first ... I'd like to see Damian or ELV as mayor, they've been the most active and least scummy IMO.

vote ELV

Concur. Non Binding resolution to elect ELV as Mayor

Reign_Cryogen
26 Jun 08, 08:27:55 AM
Tears:

Out of curiousity, if you are being truthful and Adam was indeed the Corleone don, what was he doing in SoS's bedroom last night? That does not seem like the kind of thing a don would be doing.I thought the conclusion was that SoS was a whore/lover?

Tears On My Dong
26 Jun 08, 08:29:46 AM

Possibilities include:

What I want to know is where did the extra vote(s) come from. It might well be that th1nk3r had some devious ploy, but he wouldn't just hand a don to us on a plate. Somebody either switched or bought votes somehow to finger Adam for lynching Spenser. The hit was also unusual. If it wasn't a mafia hit, then that means that one of the families had no hit last night & the only way that makes sense is if it was a recruiting move that went wrong.

I'm just going to stop reading your posts.

jamesbannon
26 Jun 08, 08:29:52 AM
vote ELV

I'm still a bit leery about voting to lynch Tears as he could be useful, but since we have no other viable suspects for the present vote Tears

jamesbannon
26 Jun 08, 08:31:04 AM

Possibilities include:

I'm just going to stop reading your posts.
Fine with me.

the WORST elf
26 Jun 08, 08:31:44 AM

vote ELV

Concur. Non Binding resolution to elect ELV as Mayor

oooh that hurt.

Tears On My Dong
26 Jun 08, 08:39:21 AM
Tears is screwing up the game. If he's being legit he's only showing why Adam was smrt not to clue him in. He's always claimed to want the town to win in the past, you don't win with the town, dude. If he's being coy then it's a neat play, but I don't think he is.

Screw it, I'm not voting, I have no actions, I'm going to flirt with trillian. Later.

Adam said they were concerned about recruitment or something. I told him not to worry about that. I would never betray the family.

Right, so why did I betray them to lose?

They chose not to play with me. I'm not going to play for an unknown faction. I'd rather just die and not waste my time on something like that.

here:

moo

plaridel
26 Jun 08, 08:48:01 AM
wait, so we have 3 whores? Tears, SoS and the one who did trillian?

ELV
26 Jun 08, 08:50:28 AM
I think th1nk3r just really likes whores.

th1nk3r
26 Jun 08, 08:52:42 AM
I think th1nk3r just really likes whores.

:five:

SkepticTank
26 Jun 08, 08:53:20 AM
Why Matt?

Which puts him on the suspect list as well. I know Tears claimed that his only contact was Adam in his meltdown, but that doesn't mean he's telling the truth.

Pavlov's Dog
26 Jun 08, 08:53:44 AM
They could have been lovers. Although it would be pretty shitty to let the don be a lover.

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 08:54:45 AM
Again, I really don't see the upside of tears lying.

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 08:55:27 AM
They could have been lovers. Although it would be pretty shitty to let the don be a lover.

Yeah it would be shitty, but this is thinker, and evidentally the bad guys have some pretty power special roles including a role blocker.

th1nk3r
26 Jun 08, 08:55:42 AM
For the people that started sending me night moves already, you may also have to send me your mayor votes also.

SkepticTank
26 Jun 08, 08:59:08 AM
Tears:

Out of curiousity, if you are being truthful and Adam was indeed the Corleone don, what was he doing in SoS's bedroom last night? That does not seem like the kind of thing a don would be doing.I thought the conclusion was that SoS was a whore/lover?

Does the whore visit your bedroom, or take you to hers? Adam was in SoS's bedroom, not the other way around.

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 08:59:23 AM
I don't like the elv mayoral wagon, however, I will go along with it hoping that elv gets viewed.

Hey adam, got any thoughts to share?

beyelzu
26 Jun 08, 09:00:30 AM
Tears:

Does the whore visit your bedroom, or take you to hers? Adam was in SoS's bedroom, not the other way around.

Indeed, I think that there are probably 2 whores; both of whom are evil.

Lovers seem most likely to me.

cockrell
26 Jun 08, 09:45:25 AM
vote tears

Tears On My Dong
26 Jun 08, 09:46:12 AM
Why Matt?

Which puts him on the suspect list as well. I know Tears claimed that his only contact was Adam in his meltdown, but that doesn't mean he's telling the truth.

You're an idiot and a dirtbag.

SkepticTank
26 Jun 08, 09:51:28 AM

For pointing out that you can't be trusted just cuz you're claiming to be pissed off at your team, and claiming to be playing for town?

Tears On My Dong
26 Jun 08, 10:00:51 AM
I changed my mind about helping the town. Fuck them too. I overdose on heroine and die alone and friendless.

You are the Corleone prostitute. Although you are a townie, you work for the Corleone family. They know who you are and they will contact you if they wish.

Your target is role blocked for the night (and infected with AIDS). If the cop targets you or your target for investigation, he finds out that you are in bed together and gains alignment info on both of you.

If you target the cop, he is role blocked for the night but you are arrested the following day and you may not speak until released and the cop finds out your role.

:stiletto1:

Pavlov's Dog
26 Jun 08, 10:04:43 AM
Jacey gots the AIDS!

ETA: That was some weak shit Tears.

Tears On My Dong
26 Jun 08, 10:05:32 AM

For pointing out that you can't be trusted just cuz you're claiming to be pissed off at your team, and claiming to be playing for town?

No. I never asked to be trusted. Look at risk versus reward. Look at probabilities. It's moot now anyway. It was already irrelevant since you're scum.

jamesbannon
26 Jun 08, 10:05:33 AM
I guess now we have to vote for Mayor.

That wasn't cool, Tears! :no:

Tears On My Dong
26 Jun 08, 10:08:17 AM
To anyone who thinks I'm an asshole: this is true.

To anyone who thinks I would lie there: you are an idiot.