PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos vs Corleones - Rules, Roles, Peanut Gallery

th1nk3r
22 Jun 08, 01:34:01 PM
Here are a few rules, feel free to ask if you think i forgot anything:

-there will be 2 mafia teams and they prolly won't be able to ally against the town

- voting power: the godfathers of mafia families get 1.5 votes each, everyone else has 1 vote. On night 0 we choose a mayor by secret vote (reply to your role pm with a mayor vote). The mayor gets his voting power upgraded to 2 votes and also breaks ties if necessary... The mafia will not know their teammates until after they vote. It will be the mayor's decision whether to out or not.

- 2 real days for one game day, deadline for night moves is 10:30 AM EST, daybreak is at 11 AM EST, dusk is the following day at 6 PM EST, nightfall is a few minutes after that, as soon as i count the votes; on weekends the day starts friday morning and ends sunday night.

- roles will not be revealed in public upon lynch, info will be sent to reporters who will decide what to reveal in the following morning's paper; not all reporters will have a town alignment.

- at night there's no private communication allowed, except for members of the mafia teams. during the day you may pm anyone.

- you will get a list of roles that are in the game for sure and a list of possible roles, but you will not be explained the details of how the roles work. some info may be leaked to reporters upon death of special characters.

- you may not vote no lynch and the days do not end prematurely, since the real vote count is not known.

Signup is still open until the roles go out, which is tonight at 8 PM EST. After that you have until monday morning to submit a mayor vote, please vote before the 10.30 AM deadline in order for the vote to count.

An admin is kindly asked to create a new section for this game...

Any questions?

th1nk3r
22 Jun 08, 05:59:51 PM
Roles that are definitely in the game:

- villager
- detective
- godfather
- doctor
- reporter

Roles that may be included:

- nurse
- deputy
- miller
- vigilante
- serial killer
- siblings/masons
- lovers
- prostitute
- millionaire
- traitor/informant
- plagued villager
- psychiatrist
- ninja
- terrorist
Any role may have doubles. There is no guarantee that these roles work in their traditional way.

th1nk3r
22 Jun 08, 08:27:06 PM
Hopefully all the roles are out now. PLease do not start PM'ing until daybreak. Send me your mayor votes in the next 12 hours if you want them to count.

Matt
22 Jun 08, 09:01:55 PM
I totally missed the signup but I'd love to play if there's still an available role.

th1nk3r
22 Jun 08, 09:10:34 PM
Ok, Matt is in too, the people that already voted for mayor may change their vote if they wish.

Bartholomew Roberts
22 Jun 08, 09:15:23 PM
People should vote for me. I kick ass.

th1nk3r
22 Jun 08, 09:18:30 PM
A few more rules that are usually taken for granted:

- no quoting of GM PM's (villager role pm says "You are a villager.")
- switch your profiles to visible
- if you wish to log PM activity i don't care

th1nk3r
23 Jun 08, 08:40:25 AM
Voting is closed and we have a new mayor. Day 1 will start shortly.

In case anyone was wondering, town wins by killing all the members of the mafia families.

Reign_Cryogen
23 Jun 08, 08:51:43 AM
Still need the new forum header.

th1nk3r
23 Jun 08, 09:09:46 AM
prolly when spenser wakes up... it's still too early in the pacific time zone.

Matt
23 Jun 08, 09:16:08 AM
prolly when spenser wakes up... it's still too early in the pacific time zone.
Done.

th1nk3r
23 Jun 08, 01:31:14 PM
/GM hat off

This is a great game so far, i'm laughing my ass off. :D

th1nk3r
23 Jun 08, 02:30:52 PM
beyelzu has not read his role pm yet... fyi

early nightfall seems unlikely.

Megatron
23 Jun 08, 03:00:36 PM
Not reading your role PM is a scum tell

vote: beyelzu

SkepticTank
24 Jun 08, 09:14:10 AM
Jesus. Anyone want to place bets on whether BartRob can follow simple fucking instructions or not?

Prediction:
Bart won't fix it all day. PD will change his fairly late in the day to try and cover for Bart, then even later Bart will change his, and we'll have two votes on Matt. Then in a last second attempt to fix this, at least 5 or 6 people will try switch to Bart to prevent Matt from going down, and there will be a huge debate over whether those 5 or 6 are scum or not.

For the record, I'm planning on being prepared to switch to Bart if we still have 2 votes on ELV, Matt or someone else about 30 minutes before nightfall.

Tenuous
24 Jun 08, 09:50:48 AM
I suggest we just leave Bart voting for ELV and get PD to switch now (and edit any posts which currently contain massive letters telling Bart to change his vote).

I have no confidence in Bart not fucking it up again if we're relying on him to do the change.

SkepticTank
24 Jun 08, 09:52:12 AM
I suggest we just leave Bart voting for ELV and get PD to switch now (and edit any posts which currently contain massive letters telling Bart to change his vote).

I have no confidence in Bart not fucking it up again if we're relying on him to do the change.

Editing old posts is generally against the rules...

SkepticTank
24 Jun 08, 10:11:10 AM
Prediction:
Bart won't fix it all day. PD will change his fairly late in the day to try and cover for Bart, then even later Bart will change his, and we'll have two votes on Matt. Then in a last second attempt to fix this, at least 5 or 6 people will try switch to Bart to prevent Matt from going down, and there will be a huge debate over whether those 5 or 6 are scum or not.

For the record, I'm planning on being prepared to switch to Bart if we still have 2 votes on ELV, Matt or someone else about 30 minutes before nightfall.

Part one of my prediction has come true, though it's early enough in the day that hopefully shit won't go bad....

th1nk3r
24 Jun 08, 12:45:21 PM
You said not to quote GM PMs, how about other player's PMs?

you can fake chat logs all you want

th1nk3r
24 Jun 08, 03:43:32 PM
i'm betting someone will come and change their vote before nightfall... even if it is to piss some people off for 5 minutes before they change it back :retard:

anybody wanna offer me some odds on this? i'll take anything above +250

Tenuous
24 Jun 08, 03:50:24 PM
i'm betting someone will come and change their vote before nightfall... even if it is to piss some people off for 5 minutes before they change it back :retard:

Yeah, and you've probably got a "DUSK!" post sitting in a window for exactly that moment :bitterdevil:

th1nk3r
24 Jun 08, 04:00:17 PM

Yeah, and you've probably got a "DUSK!" post sitting in a window for exactly that moment :bitterdevil:

I'm too busy reading this (http://talkrational.org/showthread.php?t=3132) to play practical jokes :D

ELV
24 Jun 08, 04:16:19 PM
The lynch results suggest that Tears and Adam are the two dons.

th1nk3r
24 Jun 08, 04:22:11 PM
You can keep talking in the PG through the night, but please do not share any more info that would influence target choices, besides what is already in the day thread.

Tears On My Dong
24 Jun 08, 04:24:29 PM
The lynch results suggest that Tears and Adam are the two dons.

How do you figure?

jamesbannon
24 Jun 08, 04:30:01 PM
Well, it doesn't look good Tears. There should have been a tie unless someone really can mess with the voting.

ELV
24 Jun 08, 04:31:32 PM
Everyone except for you voted. Everyone except for you had one person voting for them.

If there is no vote manipulating role, and I doubt there is one because the lynch vote is supposed to be the one guaranteed weapon the town has, that means that Adam has more votes than everyone else who voted since he was the one who voted for Spenser. That would make him a don, presumably, since we know Dons have more votes than regular players.

Since there was no tie, that means that the other don didn't vote. You, Tears, are the only person who didn't vote.

Tears On My Dong
24 Jun 08, 04:35:49 PM
Well, it doesn't look good Tears. There should have been a tie unless someone really can mess with the voting.

Did you guys notice that the votes are counted with a Diebold machine and this is a mafia themed game?

Did you guys notice this is th1nk3r's game?

Did you guys notice that the person implicating me is the person who came up with the vote plan in the first place?

ELV = Diebold guy

ELV
24 Jun 08, 04:42:54 PM
Do you guys realize that the guy implicating me is the guy that, if we go by the rules, would be the leader of one of the scum teams? :shifty:

Tears On My Dong
24 Jun 08, 04:43:40 PM
Whatever, scum.

ELV
24 Jun 08, 04:45:27 PM
I hope the vigilante is paying attention. :D

Tears On My Dong
24 Jun 08, 04:46:00 PM
me too

Tears On My Dong
24 Jun 08, 04:54:58 PM
Anyone who thinks the vote wasn't altered is a fucking moron.

jamesbannon
24 Jun 08, 04:59:43 PM
I had to google "Diebold" :retard:

Reign_Cryogen
24 Jun 08, 05:17:33 PM
The fuck?

the WORST elf
24 Jun 08, 07:23:10 PM
regardless, tears can wait. he should be viewed tonight, and if there's a vig, kill adam.

Tomorrow, we lynch adam.

beyelzu
24 Jun 08, 08:40:01 PM
I agree with the obvious plan of voting for adam tomorrow, since there was no tie.

beyelzu
24 Jun 08, 08:51:29 PM
However, we should be careful; I do have a healthy suspicion of thinker and I believe that he could fuck with any aspect of gameplay.

Secret votes worry me.

jamesbannon
25 Jun 08, 01:03:06 AM
Given that the Corleone family had a number of politicians & judges in their pockets in the book & the movie and the Sopranos had similar influence, I would expect there is some level of government corruption.

SkepticTank
25 Jun 08, 04:16:55 AM
I had to google "Diebold" :retard:

Hahah, bloody Scott

Reign_Cryogen
25 Jun 08, 05:39:33 AM
Yeah, I'm not seeing much in the way of alternatives. Even in a scenario where something was mucked with at the voting stage, we don't have much other intel.

Tenuous
25 Jun 08, 05:56:29 AM
Yeah, I'm not seeing much in the way of alternatives. Even in a scenario where something was mucked with at the voting stage, we don't have much other intel.

We'll find out when the reporters do their thing. Though I'm worried the reporters will be scum targets, if we don't get reports of roles after lynches then we'll have very little to go on.

th1nk3r
25 Jun 08, 08:03:44 AM
30 minutes to go, please send your targets in time or i'll have to randomize them so i can start working on the day 2 OP, .

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 08:03:48 AM
Im worried about the plan because any plan that is based on outhinkering thinker is doomed for failure.

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 08:04:53 AM
On the other hand, a view or a lynch is the only way to find out I suppose.

th1nk3r
25 Jun 08, 09:02:06 AM
I hope i didn't miss any night actions... if i forgot to send anyone a result, let me know.

Spenser
25 Jun 08, 10:31:30 AM
LOL,

I think that was the first successful lynch on me since IIDB. This game is pretty entertaining already.

th1nk3r
25 Jun 08, 05:25:33 PM
man, i just need to think of a setup where all the private messages pass through the GM... i'm pretty sure there's some seriously entertaining shit being discussed in private whenever the thread slows down.

beyelzu
25 Jun 08, 05:27:05 PM
Don't worry thinker, i am sure that you will be able to come up with some sort of rationalization, er I mean reason, to make it so in your next game setup.

th1nk3r
25 Jun 08, 05:41:50 PM
I will be leaving for the weekend on friday around noon CET, so the usual deadline will be about 4-5 hours earlier than scheduled. Please plan your night 2 moves ahead so you can submit them as soon as day 2 is over. As announced, day 3 will start on friday. Nightfall will be sunday at the usual hour.

th1nk3r
26 Jun 08, 06:45:58 AM
This shit's just getting weirder and weirder.

Welcome to the th1nk3r-game™ :hangme:

SkepticTank
26 Jun 08, 07:34:00 AM
I will be leaving for the weekend on friday around noon CET, so the usual deadline will be about 4-5 hours earlier than scheduled. Please plan your night 2 moves ahead so you can submit them as soon as day 2 is over. As announced, day 3 will start on friday. Nightfall will be sunday at the usual hour.

WTF is CET (central Eurpope time???) and why does anything on Friday time conflict with night 2 which should end Thursday at 6 EDT? Which isn't that like midnight Yurup time?

Pavlov's Dog
26 Jun 08, 07:38:59 AM
These Europeans need to join civilization, and set their clocks to match America's. The Canadians got on board with it with no problems.

th1nk3r
26 Jun 08, 07:56:11 AM
WTF is CET (central Eurpope time???)
CET is EST + 6 hours.

and why does anything on Friday time conflict with night 2 which should end Thursday at 6 EDT?

You're confused, that's when day 2 ends and night 2 starts...

So, to recap: night 2 starts thursday at 6 pm and should have ended Friday morning at 11 AM EST but it will prolly end 4-5 hours ahead of schedule. So send your night actions on thursday night because the deadline is very early on friday.

SkepticTank
26 Jun 08, 08:08:10 AM
Ok, so it's night moves, and day-3 start we're really concerned about. Gotcha. You said "so the usual deadline will be about 4-5 hours earlier than scheduled" I assumed you meant lynch deadline.

Tenuous
26 Jun 08, 08:17:08 AM
What is it in GMT? Should be easy enough for everyone to work it out for themselves using that as a baseline.

jamesbannon
26 Jun 08, 08:18:29 AM
GMT is CET-1

Adam
26 Jun 08, 09:03:15 AM
Hey adam, got any thoughts to share?

Go back to the D&D game and look for a scroll of Speak With Dead?

Spenser
26 Jun 08, 10:58:22 AM
Fucking Tears dude, you don't need your team to be in contact with you to play for them or to make the game fun. There is a reason why certain people (like myself) are highly involved every game no matter what the role. We make ourselves involved. You could have pretended to be a number of things just for shits and giggles.

sonofsyd
26 Jun 08, 11:48:16 AM
Fuck Tears. I'm being called a whore! :colbert:

wait, so we have 3 whores? Tears, SoS and the one who did trillian?

Spenser
26 Jun 08, 11:51:37 AM
Whore!

th1nk3r
26 Jun 08, 01:16:37 PM
To clarify some questions i received by PM, the mayor vote is decided at daybreak. If one candidate dies at night, the votes for him are worthless and the second in the rankings will be the new mayor. Just like the first time, he doesn't have to out unless he wants to.

sonofsyd
26 Jun 08, 02:47:07 PM
Whore!

:girlfight:

th1nk3r
26 Jun 08, 03:16:41 PM
I could have called the lynch early i guess, but since there's no talking at night i'll let you chat for the remaining 45 minutes.

Night 2 will only last 8 hours so please make sure you submit your moves and mayor votes in time. Only private votes count.

Black Badger
26 Jun 08, 05:01:45 PM
Pretty epic whiny bullshit from Tears today. Glad he's gone from the game.

Tenuous
26 Jun 08, 05:37:18 PM
As a note, I'm on holiday from tomorrow, and will be travelling most of the day. There's supposed to be internet access at the place, but I may be quite patchy if there are problems with it. Apologies in advance.

trillian
27 Jun 08, 04:27:31 AM
:gurder:

Better than getting lynched I guess. But still......wahhhh!

Tenuous
27 Jun 08, 10:50:54 AM
I'm at our holiday digs, and I have the internetz!

the WORST elf
27 Jun 08, 11:55:11 AM
Grady is my real name by the way.

lol fag. Grady Rimstalker.

the WORST elf
27 Jun 08, 11:57:04 AM
A great man died yesterday evening. Rising up through the ranks of the mob, Adam was Vito Corleone. Dependable sources report that a gun was found in the room along with the corpses of Adam and sonofsyd. Yesterday, the town moved one step closer to victory. A anonymous source claimed that Adam was the target because he voted for Spenser and that the other victim was simply "collateral damage." Considering the nature of the voting, however, this claim does seem dubious.

:nada:

Tenuous
30 Jun 08, 04:20:00 AM
Sorry about missing nightfall yesterday, bit awkward to get on here consistently.

mrickaby
30 Jun 08, 10:22:23 AM
I am sorry about the fuckup with Mrickaby

Don't sweat it on my account, shit happens, just a game.

SkepticTank
30 Jun 08, 10:28:34 AM
... and sorry about passing that along to ELV. I trusted him last night.

ELV
30 Jun 08, 12:59:58 PM
:jerkoff:

SkepticTank
30 Jun 08, 02:08:14 PM
:colbert:

plaridel
30 Jun 08, 04:31:11 PM
:stopper:

th1nk3r
1 Jul 08, 03:31:59 PM
Starting with day 5, we play one cycle per 24 instead of 48 hours. Days start at 9 AM EST and end at 9 PM EST. Please make sure your night moves are sent in time.

beyelzu
1 Jul 08, 07:16:39 PM
Lets be more active guys, this game is dragging some from lack of interaction.

Pavlov's Dog
1 Jul 08, 07:39:04 PM
Lets be more active guys, this game is dragging some from lack of interaction.

It is dragging because we have to wait two fucking days to lynch the guy we knew we were going to lynch a minute after the thread was up.

beyelzu
1 Jul 08, 08:41:24 PM
well, we are shifting to one day, one day action.

SkepticTank
2 Jul 08, 09:59:28 AM
:stilletto:

SkepticTank
2 Jul 08, 12:43:38 PM
:whyyou:

slow day 5 is slow.

th1nk3r
2 Jul 08, 01:10:08 PM
from a spectating point of view, i think this game turned too tactical already, it's weird that the townies actually don't want any more talk, when it's obvious they have nothing to gain from everyone keeping a low profile.

Reign_Cryogen
2 Jul 08, 01:20:02 PM
That and the talkative ones died first.

Tenuous
2 Jul 08, 01:26:20 PM
from a spectating point of view, i think this game turned too tactical already, it's weird that the townies actually don't want any more talk, when it's obvious they have nothing to gain from everyone keeping a low profile.

I've been trying to keep things going as well as I can but the internet connection, and my chances to get to it, here are pretty intermittent.

SkepticTank
2 Jul 08, 01:27:40 PM
Internet connectivity excuses = scum tell

Pavlov's Dog
2 Jul 08, 01:29:52 PM
Internet connectivity excuses = scum tell

I don't know if you were joking, but this the truth. He sure found a lot of time for the internet to throw out baseless accusations against me. But conveniently disappears. I hope the town isn't too dumb or apathetic to notice these things.

Tenuous
2 Jul 08, 01:32:45 PM
I'll be back home Friday evening, at which point full service will resume.

th1nk3r
2 Jul 08, 01:35:08 PM
I'll be back home Friday evening, at which point full service will resume.

That's 2 nights away, with 2 kills per night and 10 people left, it's prolly around 50/50 that you'll get to use your home computer in this game :colbert:

Reign_Cryogen
2 Jul 08, 02:06:48 PM
Don't lookit me. I've spent half the game staring at plaridel's avatar. Apparently I should have watched The Sopranos.

jamesbannon
2 Jul 08, 02:47:26 PM
You mean you didn't recognise it? :retard:

SkepticTank
2 Jul 08, 03:27:07 PM
http://pic.aebn.net/stream/movie/stars/s23616_i15196_l.jpg

Reign_Cryogen
2 Jul 08, 04:17:44 PM
You mean you didn't recognise it? :retard:wha?

SkepticTank
3 Jul 08, 08:44:40 AM
I predict that today will be very quiet.